If you could CLOSE one resort, which would it be?

All Star Sports....very poor house keeping. When we stayed there, my dad found a receipt form over a year previous under the bed in their room. There was more to the story, but suffice it to say that Disney has sent me a letter valid for two nights in two rooms at any value resort with no expiration date on it. That should give an idea of how bad it really was.

All Star Sports....very poor house keeping. When we stayed there, my dad found a receipt form over a year previous under the bed in their room. There was more to the story, but suffice it to say that Disney has sent me a letter valid for two nights in two rooms at any value resort with no expiration date on it. That should give an idea of how bad it really was.

Does Sports have the worst reputation of the All Stars? Or is that Music?

Does Sports have the worst reputation of the All Stars? Or is that Music?

We have stayed at Music for our honeymoon and aside from them having to change our rooma few times to get us a room with one bed (they had just remodeleda bunch of rooms and the computer wasn't updated yet), we loved it.

It would be the AS Music. The problem is not the customer service, since we had no problems and were given a king sized bed without request. Music just completely lacks "character" and charm.

Pop Century would be my choice. We don't like anything about that resort. The place is too big. The food court is nasty, chaotic and loud. Housekeeping was but nothing special. The front desk CM was rude. The checkout process was a nightmare. The lines at the bus stops were always long. That is the only resort I will never stay at again. We had a very bad experience.

Poly!

I really tried to like it...visited it last September to stroll around one afternoon and just thought "what an ugly and outdated place to stay"

seems to be overrated. But well, it is Disney, there is a favourite resort for everyone

AoA - Close it - change the furniture in the suites to REAL BEDS!

OR - They should change the suites to regular rooms again. Real sleep surfaces for FOUR adults!

The suites are ridiculously overpriced!

It would be the Swan/Dolphin for me. I just don't like the resorts and they don't fit in with the New England themed YC, BC, and BW. Also, they ruin the sightlines in World Showcase at Epcot.

We've only stayed at two, POP and CBR, and of the two I would close POP. We had really bad housekeeping there, they just didn't clean our rooms, even after calling twice. Plus, I saw rats running around at the main pool. I'm sure other resorts have critters but I've never seen any at cbr with all their foliage.

The cabins and campgrounds. What? This is disney not glamping. It's an eyesore that doesn't fit in. I'm sorry if you love those cabins and trailer parks but I would prefer it if it would be demolished into something better.

For me it's CBR. It is the only resort I would never go back to. The layout is awkward and hard to get around, double beds in a mod is a big no no to me, the food court was subpar and I personally just don't like the decor or theming.

CBR--needs to be re-invented or changed to a Value category. Double beds out. Too bad the pirate rooms were put there. Pirate rooms/pool are not enough to attract the volume of people that should be staying there. Regular rooms were filthy and asked to be moved which they did. Smokey as well...not a good thing. Just enough of a turn-off to not want to try again.

Beautiful grounds though. Food court was fine. Did not try the table service offering.:goodvibes:goodvibes

I guess I don't have enough experience with the other resorts to give a real good answer for this question, but OUCH - if it weren't for FW I would never be able to afford to take my family to WDW. Thank God it's there. I am sorry if it's offensive to some, but it's the only option for us!

I absolutely love Fort Wilderness. I camped there on our honeymoon in 1979. I brought all three of my children there. They were enamored with it. It is so much fun and a totally different experience than any other. My two boys are Eagle Scouts. They loved it. My daughter soon to graduate college love it. I saw my first armadillo there. We are from the northeast so an armadillo was big news to us. In addition it was the quiet downtime from the parks and all the throngs of people that was the attraction for us. We stayed in the cabins (a luxury) and that was great too. We just didn't want to make the drive anymore and decided to fly. Got old and lazy I guess. So much history at Fort Wilderness and such an opportunity to be outdoors and in Mickeyland at the same time...priceless.:thumbsup2

I guess I don't have enough experience with the other resorts to give a real good answer for this question, but OUCH - if it weren't for FW I would never be able to afford to take my family to WDW. Thank God it's there. I am sorry if it's offensive to some, but it's the only option for us!

Keep going Royal Mom....your kids will love your for it down the road. Nothing like it. And that is a memory...always treasured.

Thanks for sharing your mutual love of the campground!:goodvibes:goodvibes

Thanks, DisAdventurer! We just came back from a 14 night stay there 3 days ago (my 16th time), and we are heading back in Oct. for F&W season :D

I know it isn't "real" camping, but all the right elements are there; fresh air, old frontier atmosphere, the wildlife - I, too, am from the NE and am most impressed with the armadillos, lol! (not to mention the wild turkeys who like to wander around in flocks)

I'm not really sure how FW can be an eyesore, seeing as how it's not in the line of sight from ANYWHERE, and surrounded by trees!

Sorry OP, never meant to hijack your thread as a FW love fest!

proceed...

Man... I can't read this thread... I'm getting too upset! Lol!
The poly??!!? Hands down my fav resort!
The campground?!? Man... Too many memories there, I personally love the fact that you can camp and go to Disney!
I had to quit reading! ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter