I love credit cards so much! v5.0 - 2022 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wanted to share that my 15-year old dog has made an amazing recovery. When she was at the vet on Good Friday her blood pressure was so high they couldn't read it. Her head was tilted and she was falling over. She spent Easter weekend lying down and not eating or drinking. She wouldn't kiss me and she was practically limp when I took her outside. She's now on blood pressure medicine and thyroid medicine but she's pretty much fully recovered.

And dd is home this weekend! Calculus exam tomorrow and physics and econ Friday. She starts work at Anthropologie Wednesday and we leave for Barcelona three weeks from tomorrow.

Just wanted to share that my 15-year old dog has made an amazing recovery. When she was at the vet on Good Friday her blood pressure was so high they couldn't read it. Her head was tilted and she was falling over. She spent Easter weekend lying down and not eating or drinking. She wouldn't kiss me and she was practically limp when I took her outside. She's now on blood pressure medicine and thyroid medicine but she's pretty much fully recovered.

And dd is home this weekend! Calculus exam tomorrow and physics and econ Friday. She starts work at Anthropologie Wednesday and we leave for Barcelona three weeks from tomorrow.
That’s great so glad your pup is okay

Last edited:
We did book the rental from Hertz via the Capital One portal. The manager at Hertz said that the rental did not show up as President's Circle and asked if received PC status after making the booking. Had to show her the email from Hertz confirming PC status was received prior to making the reservation. She then allowed us to select a vehicle from the PC aisle - there were lots of huge Yukons and Suburbans available. We selected the smallest SUV there, an Escalade, which is still pretty big and not that easy to park in the hotel garage spaces.

We did keep checking rates as we got closer to the trip, but the prices just kept going up. Also, there weren't a lot of Hertz vehicles available when we booked, but there were some. You might want to check their portal again to see if something pops up.
It's a known issue that booking through the Cap1 portal with Hertz doesn't attach your PC status. To Hertz it is a third party booking that isn't eligible for PC. If you book through Hertz direct or Priceline where you can input your PC number it takes.
Here's my other car question. If the mortgage is about to be paid off, is a good idea to get a car loan (will it prevent our credit scores from falling a lot because of no loans)? Obviously these loans aren't great because of the interest payments, etc., but wondering if it's something to consider when we reach the end of the mortgage.
Credit Mix is 15% of the score. Some people see a very meaningful drop in their scores when their last installment loan is paid off, I saw a 30 point drop when I paid off one car before the new loan had reported. Rather than a car loan you can do what is called a Share Secure Loan with some credit unions, I've used Navy Federal in the past but there are others. You take out a loan guaranteed with your savings account, pay 90% of it back immediately and pay a few dollars a month for the next five years. That gives you an installment loan on your report and costs less than $50 total for the five years in interest. I would wait and see how much your score is affected and decide if it's worth it to you.

We had an epic 2 night cruise on the Galactic Starcruiser over the weekend. Our Star Wars Hotel cruise experience was paid for with discounted Disney gift cards via Amex offers and Chase offers when we could get 10% or more off. The rest were purchased with the Ink Plus at office supply stores at 5x or via BJs and Sam's to top off an MSR.

My review: Disney absolutely knocked it out of the park in my opinion. The room was really cool, but you are hardly in there because there is so much to do. The food was really good, the cocktails were neat, the theming was awesome and the cast/crew were simply out of this world. Staying in character with high energy for 2 days doesn’t strike me as easy. So color me impressed. Now, I am not a Star Wars fan and neither is PlanePrincess. I’ve watched some of the movies, know who some of the main characters are and that’s about it. I have no concept of what movie is in what timeline or even why it matters. I am a Disney fan and am happy to try something new. I liked the idea of an immersive experience and being part of an ongoing story. I have never done a LARP so this experience was completely new to me, but sounded interesting and fun. I liked the idea that I could go “all in” or sit back and watch the story play out. I went all in with no clue what I am doing or what to expect. A costuming FB group for this cruise/hotel experience that I joined was very helpful! I got lots of great ideas to help me put my outfits together. For me, dressing up “in universe” enhanced my experience. Therefore, we did 2 of the photo sessions. You will get what you put into it. Interact with the crew, get noticed, be memorable and you will find yourself getting singled out, selected and called by name to do things if this is the experience that you want. This is not a relaxing trip. After two days, when we got off the “ship” we were dragging ourselves at the parks and ready to collapse. I haven’t been that tired in ages. If you are a shy person that doesn’t like to initiate interaction but wants to experience this, then go with your extrovert buddy who will talk to everyone and do all the things and follow them around. I am still on cloud 9 over this experience and yes, I’d do it again. I honestly thought this would be a one and done since I’m not a Star Wars fan and yet I loved the experience!

Starwars lightsaber terrie.jpg
starwars bed bunks.jpg

starwars bed window.jpg

We had an epic 2 night cruise on the Galactic Starcruiser over the weekend. Our Star Wars Hotel cruise experience was paid for with discounted Disney gift cards via Amex offers and Chase offers when we could get 10% or more off. The rest were purchased with the Ink Plus at office supply stores at 5x or via BJs and Sam's to top off an MSR.

My review: Disney absolutely knocked it out of the park in my opinion. The room was really cool, but you are hardly in there because there is so much to do. The food was really good, the cocktails were neat, the theming was awesome and the cast/crew were simply out of this world. Staying in character with high energy for 2 days doesn’t strike me as easy. So color me impressed. Now, I am not a Star Wars fan and neither is PlanePrincess. I’ve watched some of the movies, know who some of the main characters are and that’s about it. I have no concept of what movie is in what timeline or even why it matters. I am a Disney fan and am happy to try something new. I liked the idea of an immersive experience and being part of an ongoing story. I have never done a LARP so this experience was completely new to me, but sounded interesting and fun. I liked the idea that I could go “all in” or sit back and watch the story play out. I went all in with no clue what I am doing or what to expect. A costuming FB group for this cruise/hotel experience that I joined was very helpful! I got lots of great ideas to help me put my outfits together. For me, dressing up “in universe” enhanced my experience. Therefore, we did 2 of the photo sessions. You will get what you put into it. Interact with the crew, get noticed, be memorable and you will find yourself getting singled out, selected and called by name to do things if this is the experience that you want. This is not a relaxing trip. After two days, when we got off the “ship” we were dragging ourselves at the parks and ready to collapse. I haven’t been that tired in ages. If you are a shy person that doesn’t like to initiate interaction but wants to experience this, then go with your extrovert buddy who will talk to everyone and do all the things and follow them around. I am still on cloud 9 over this experience and yes, I’d do it again. I honestly thought this would be a one and done since I’m not a Star Wars fan and yet I loved the experience!

View attachment 665401
View attachment 665402

View attachment 665403
Oh my goodness - that is a great costume and pose! My kids would love this. Thanks for sharing your experience. Now, need to start buying gift cards to pay this over the next 5 years!

It's a known issue that booking through the Cap1 portal with Hertz doesn't attach your PC status. To Hertz it is a third party booking that isn't eligible for PC. If you book through Hertz direct or Priceline where you can input your PC number it takes.
Wow, I did not know. That's pretty frustrating. Especially since it's the Cap1 Venture X card that provides PC status. Can you just notify them at the Hertz counter that you are PC? Or do they need that information ahead of time?

I know this is OT but I can't really find a good answer so asking here... Have a trip coming up in June and want to place a grocery delivery for water and some other items... I've used PrimeNow in the past, looks like its been renamed to Prime Fresh as I can't view any of my past orders... I have Prime and Walmart+, any pros/cons to them now-a-days? I've used W+ at home here and its hit or miss... Can either deliver to bell services? Are there Disney fees now? Southwest messed with our flights there so instead of getting a park day we'll be arriving around 7 so I can just stand up front and wait for them I suppose.

My dad is having trouble transferring UR to Hyatt. I was helping him (doing it for him). I put in the acct number and then did a second time, we double checked that it was correct and hit continue. He was given the message "Cannot complete transaction online. Call the number on the back of your card." We tried again and started completely, same message. He called Chase and they said it was because the number we have for his acct is wrong so he needs to call Hyatt. I am 100% positive we put the number in correctly. He's on hold with Hyatt now. Will be interesting to see what they say. Anybody else had similar trouble before?

My dad is having trouble transferring UR to Hyatt. I was helping him (doing it for him). I put in the acct number and then did a second time, we double checked that it was correct and hit continue. He was given the message "Cannot complete transaction online. Call the number on the back of your card." We tried again and started completely, same message. He called Chase and they said it was because the number we have for his acct is wrong so he needs to call Hyatt. I am 100% positive we put the number in correctly. He's on hold with Hyatt now. Will be interesting to see what they say. Anybody else had similar trouble before?

Can he logon to his Hyatt account and verify the number there?

We had a problem with DWs account at one time where we thought an 'I' was a '1' - could it be something like that?

Can he logon to his Hyatt account and verify the number there?

We had a problem with DWs account at one time where we thought an 'I' was a '1' - could it be something like that?
My dad just called. Hyatt said they had to "activate" his acct. They did that and it still didn't work because the name on his Chase acct is his full first name and the name on his Hyatt acct is the shortened version of his name (first 3 letters). So they gave him this big long explanation about submitting a bunch of paperwork to consumer affairs to get his name changed in his Hyatt acct. He hung up called back and they said, just open a new acct with a different email. So he did that, went back to Chase, and now it is saying the transfer is "temporarily unavailable." So he's giving up for tonight and will try again in the morning. I feel bad because something crazy like this has happened all 3 times we have tried to use his points. Hopefully, it will work out.

Is Plastiq the best way to pay for college tuition if the school doesn't accept CC payments?

I don't have any experience with Plastiq - but I am thinking I might be able to use Gift of College giftcards via a 529 to pay my DD tuition. I can get the $500 cards for $5.95 at local gas stations - and can usually buy those with a card offering 5x pts, or worst case 4x pts. Am also paying off DS student loans with them.

I'm sure this plan has some risks I haven't thought of - but it seems good to me ATM.

Wow, I did not know. That's pretty frustrating. Especially since it's the Cap1 Venture X card that provides PC status. Can you just notify them at the Hertz counter that you are PC? Or do they need that information ahead of time?
Reports I've seen have been entirely location dependent as to whether they would take the time add the PC number at the counter. It's the fault of the Cap1 portal supplier that either hasn't figured out how to integrate or is using rate codes that aren't eligible for PC benefits. When I book using Autoslash through Priceline my Hertz number is always attached.

Who has been to Switzerland (specifically the Lucerne area)? DH and our 2 DS (ages 16 and 18) are starting a Tauck Bridges tour in Lucerne in June. We’ve got a day and a half on our own before the tour starts, so looking for things to do (preferably active things) and restaurant suggestions before our tour starts. DSs are pretty intolerant of classic “sight-seeing” (as are DH and I, to be honest). I’ve already got Mount Titlis on our list (although would love to hear any first hand experiences!).
Apologies for the very late response here (catching up after a little road trip through the Dakotas), but consider heading to Interlaken and hike around Lake Brienz, or head up the mountains toward lauterbrunnen, grindelwald, jungfraujoch, etc. great hikes, gorgeous views

I know this is OT but I can't really find a good answer so asking here... Have a trip coming up in June and want to place a grocery delivery for water and some other items... I've used PrimeNow in the past, looks like its been renamed to Prime Fresh as I can't view any of my past orders... I have Prime and Walmart+, any pros/cons to them now-a-days? I've used W+ at home here and its hit or miss... Can either deliver to bell services? Are there Disney fees now? Southwest messed with our flights there so instead of getting a park day we'll be arriving around 7 so I can just stand up front and wait for them I suppose.
I have just ordered from Target the last few trips. Bell Services will hold it if you aren't there yet. I think there is a small fee, like $6 or something. Or maybe that was to have it brought to the room, either way, well worth it and super easy.
Reports I've seen have been entirely location dependent as to whether they would take the time add the PC number at the counter. It's the fault of the Cap1 portal supplier that either hasn't figured out how to integrate or is using rate codes that aren't eligible for PC benefits. When I book using Autoslash through Priceline my Hertz number is always attached.
I booked twice with UR's in February, they allow you to add your Hertz number. But both times Hertz customer service said you cannot get your reservation linked or status attached with a third party booking. In Phoenix they gave us the PC aisle anyway, and we took at BMW. In Nasvhille, I didn't get the PC aisle, but I was upgraded from a compact to an intermediate SUV, so I was good with that.

Having surgery to repair my shoulder tomorrow so I know I'll have medical bills. Plus next week is DSs club soccer tryout so will be paying for that too.
I (DH😉) applied for and approved for a new CIU, $6k CL. Not instant approval, but did get an email at 1 am saying he was approved which I've not seen before. For stats, DH had CIU and CIC already, plus 4 personal Chase cards, and 4/24 overall. Already SMd to have card expedited (and had a response in 5 minutes.)

Quick question for this knowledgeable group: DH has the CSR and I have the CSP. To cut down on our annual CC fees, I'm considering closing my CSP and getting a 2nd user card on DH's CSR instead (the CSR/CSP have been our default cards to use when we are not working towards a MSR and when the vendor won't take Amex - we are typically Amex people). I got my CSP in Oct 2020. Any reason why I should keep it instead of using a 2nd user card on DH's CSR? I will try to downgrade it to a $0 card instead of cancelling if I can, but I know that's not always possible. Thanks in advance for any thoughts you have.

Quick question for this knowledgeable group: DH has the CSR and I have the CSP. To cut down on our annual CC fees, I'm considering closing my CSP and getting a 2nd user card on DH's CSR instead (the CSR/CSP have been our default cards to use when we are not working towards a MSR and when the vendor won't take Amex - we are typically Amex people). I got my CSP in Oct 2020. Any reason why I should keep it instead of using a 2nd user card on DH's CSR? I will try to downgrade it to a $0 card instead of cancelling if I can, but I know that's not always possible. Thanks in advance for any thoughts you have.
First, don't have DH add you as an AU, it will add to your 5/24 and count as a new card. Plus CSR charges for AU. If you need a card, you (he) can log in to his account and find the area to replace card. It will ask you if card is lost or damaged. If you choose Damaged, they will send a new card with the same number. Voila, a card for you to use. (If you choose Lost they will cancel his current account number and issue a new account number, you don't want that.)
For CSP, you can PC to CFU or CFF, both no fee cards.

Yes, I did add myself to DH's CSR for 2 reasons - need a card in my name for the primary rental car insurance, and the priority pass lounge access (we frequently travel separately). It is a $75 annual charge but since his card was over 2 years old it did not add to my x/24 count.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter