I love credit cards so much! v4.0 - 2021 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The website says "Free Night Awards with an original expiration date prior to 2020 will not be eligible for the additional extension." So mine should not have been extended agin but I'm not complaining.

I took your 2019 as when you received it, with an expiry in 2020.
If you have 2018 FNC's that have been extended to 2022, I wouldn't complain either!

Just got automatic approval for the AMEX Marriott biz card! My first foray into the AMEX world. Not gonna lie - kind of nervous as I’m only just now getting comfortable with Chase. But excited for my two free nights at Swalphin, eventually!

Edited to add: so I probably should have understood this before applying, but one of the benefits is “Plus, earn up to $150 back in statement credits on eligible purchases made on your new Card within the first 3 months of Card Membership.” “Eligible purchases” seems to include just about every purchase. What am I missing? This seems too good to be true?

Last edited:
Just got automatic approval for the AMEX Marriott biz card! My first foray into the AMEX world. Not gonna lie - kind of nervous as I’m only just now getting comfortable with Chase. But excited for my two free nights at Swalphin, eventually!

Edited to add: so I probably should have understood this before applying, but one of the benefits is “Plus, earn up to $150 back in statement credits on eligible purchases made on your new Card within the first 3 months of Card Membership.” “Eligible purchases” seems to include just about every purchase. What am I missing? This seems too good to be true?
I got the same card a few weeks ago and got the $150 in credits. They show up a few days after each charge posts until the credits total $150. The only potential catch is the amount that is credited might not count towards your MSR so I personally would go over by $150 just to be sure. Amex normally posts the SUB quickly as well.

Not sure when this happened but the sign up offers for the Disney cards changed (both public and support).

Disney no fee is now $150 statement credit after $500 in spend within 3 months.

Disney Premier ($49 AF) is now $300 statement credit after 1k in spend within 3 months.

While they upped the bonus amounts which feels exciting at first, they also upped the spend amounts by a bunch. So if you were calculating your return on spend, these offers are lower than the previous where the no-fee card was $100 on one purchase and the Premier was $200 on $500 - half the spend amount.

I know they're not popular cards to get around here and there's usually a better use for a 5/24 slot, but a compelling argument could have been made before in the right circumstances. I suppose you still could if you just really, really wanted one and spend was no object (as in, putting spend on this card doesn't preclude you from putting spend on a better card as well). Then yeah, I guess go for the all time high offer and feel good about getting that Baby Yoda card :laughing:

Mandalorian_CL_Non-Sig_Contact_41473257029_F_448.webp

Check offers also to see if you have the remainder of the cell phone credit = $15 per month until Dec 31, 2021, and also a Staples and Lowes offer.

Woke up to my Marriott FNC's extended to Jan 3, 2022. That's 5 nights extended as my nights are stockpiling due to you know.

I've previously booked 2 others that would have expired in August.

And, @afan - thanks for the mention.

Last edited:

One last question about all of this "need a MSR" stuff.

If I do a PC AAAANNNNDDD and apply for a CSP on the same day, is that considered the equivalent of 2 applications by chase? Do I need to wait 30/45 days between the PC and the CSP app, or would I be ok to just make the call and turn around and submit the app online?

Check offers also to see if you have the remainder of the cell phone credit = $15 per month until Dec 31, 2021, and also a Staples and Lowes offer.
Thanks for the heads up but unfortunately I struck out. For future reference though, do GC purchases usually trigger those offers (like they do with Chase offers)? Trying to learn the AMEX rules!

While I’m at it, two other AMEX questions - I understand GC purchases usually don’t count towards my MSR? (Just confirming)

And - can I/do I need to ask to have this card expedited, like I could with a Chase card? Does AMEX have the equivalent of Chase SM, or would I need to call?

Thanks for your patience with this AMEX newbie!

Thanks for the heads up but unfortunately I struck out. For future reference though, do GC purchases usually trigger those offers (like they do with Chase offers)? Trying to learn the AMEX rules!

While I’m at it, two other AMEX questions - I understand GC purchases usually don’t count towards my MSR? (Just confirming)

And - can I/do I need to ask to have this card expedited, like I could with a Chase card? Does AMEX have the equivalent of Chase SM, or would I need to call?

Thanks for your patience with this AMEX newbie!
Amex is sensitive to GC purchases so generally if meeting MSR, don't use a lot of GC purchases and make sure to not count it in your MSR. My last AMEX had a great offer for $25 off $100, so I used it for GCs but made sure I spent $100 over MSR. I wouldn't make 3 or 4 or more GC purchases while making MSR. Amex has been known to clawback points.

amex- can you support in a P1 only situation? or do you need a P2 for this?

One last question about all of this "need a MSR" stuff.

If I do a PC AAAANNNNDDD and apply for a CSP on the same day, is that considered the equivalent of 2 applications by chase? Do I need to wait 30/45 days between the PC and the CSP app, or would I be ok to just make the call and turn around and submit the app online?

You are PCing a biz card, correct? No need to wait to apply for a personal card. The only reason to wait would be if you were downgrading the same card you were reapplying for.

Congrats party:

Bakers Cay Resort, Key Largo. Junior suite Hammock room. (Hilton Curio) Has anyone stayed in this room? It is 60k hhp per night, 5th free. Dh and I stayed in std qn room in Feb 21 and loved resort. Would like to take dd and dgd + friend for spring break 2022. (All female trip) From what I understand, they somehow take a regular size room, around 360sf, and split it into two parts? Room A is king bed, t.v. and balcony. There is a door that seperates this from second room, which is double sleeper couch w it's own t.v, and one shared bathroom. The door is key for 2 adults w 2 teen girls. Is it truly a seperation? I know it sounds small but honestly it's still bigger than some cruise ship family suites that people crowd into. The location is one of only a handful of rooms that dont face the water. It faces Ben's Garden and pool area, which I'm totally fine with. These rooms will cost over 1k a night during spring break. I am holding one with hhp. Wish I could have viewed one in feb but I'm ok with location in the Hammock wing. Thoughts or experinces or pics of crammimg 4 people in one of these?

NEW Southwest Card Offer available via Support Link!

Southwest Performance Business Card:
- Earn 80,000 points after you spend $5,000 on purchases in the first 3 months
- With the 25k "gifted" CP pts, this single card would place you just 15k points shy of a CP.

The previous offer still appears to be available on older support links. For reference, that offer is: Earn 70,000 points after you spend $5,000 on purchases in the first 3 months PLUS, earn 30,000 points after you spend $25,000 on purchases within your first 6 months. For those with large amounts of spend, this might still be preferable.

This new one seems like a great offer though! Update your links on DISchurners!
I already have a Southwest CC. What type of documentation does Southwest require to open a Business card

I already have a Southwest CC. What type of documentation does Southwest require to open a Business card
I’ve been lucky in that I’ve been automatically approved for all of my Chase business cards (including the SW biz card), so I never had to provide any documentation other than self reporting things like my business industry, number of employees, and average revenues. (FYI, my “business” is selling crap on eBay and Facebook.)

Does anyone here have experience churning Barclay cards? Specifically Aviator Biz or personal cards. I’m having a hard time finding information on how often I can receive the bonuses.

I have an Aviator Biz that’s coming up on 1 year. Wondering if I can cancel and reapply a few months later. Also an Aviator Red coming up on 2 years since bonus. Can I get a 2nd bonus after 2 years?

Would appreciate any insight!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter