I love credit cards so much! v4.0 - 2021 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you change cards without changing the number? I have the discontinued Frozen one with Elsa until 3/24 but I'd like to have one of the Star Wars ones also. Can I just request a new card with a different picture and then use them both? I don't want to give up Elsa early...
You can call them and tell them that you want a different picture on the card. Or you can put in a request online that you have a damaged card. Damaged cards don't trigger a number change like a lost card does.

So I need to amend my 2019 1040 because I overstated income. And I used H&R Block online and there is no easy way to amend.

I’ve been lucky in that I’ve been automatically approved for all of my Chase business cards (including the SW biz card), so I never had to provide any documentation other than self reporting things like my business industry, number of employees, and average revenues. (FYI, my “business” is selling crap on eBay and Facebook.)

Like others have said just use your SSN and your name. I was just approved for a CIU (Chase Ink Unlimited) and I also have a CIC (Chase Ink Cash). The only problem with Chase business cards is they usually have a low limit. Both of mine started with a $3k limit. My CIC is now at $8K so I'm going to transfer some of that limit to pay my son's tuition so I can easily meet the MSR.

what business type do y'all use? it's hard for me to figure out what to put because my business doesn't fit any listed.

I found out about the opera browser from you guys and use it on my phone just for the boards. It had been great because the ads weren't there. The other day the ads started and they are huge between posts and there's one at the bottom that has to be collapsed.

Is it just me? Did I accidentally turn something off when I was in the menu the other day or is it a change to opera?

It's driving me nuts, it's way worse than reading on my laptop.

I found out about the opera browser from you guys and use it on my phone just for the boards. It had been great because the ads weren't there. The other day the ads started and they are huge between posts and there's one at the bottom that has to be collapsed.

Is it just me? Did I accidentally turn something off when I was in the menu the other day or is it a change to opera?

It's driving me nuts, it's way worse than reading on my laptop.
I'm using it on iPad with no issues. Check to make sure ad blocking is on under 'site options'

what business type do y'all use? it's hard for me to figure out what to put because my business doesn't fit any listed.

I do bookkeeping work on the side so there’s a category for it. If there’s nothing specific for you then there should be a category for other.

Yay! As a fan of the cabins, I’m happy to hear you like it. Hope to see some photos 😉
I seriously love it so far! It’s perfect for our family. We brought tons of food with to cook so I love the full kitchen. We got a golf cart too. We’ve already played on some playgrounds lol. It was cheaper for us to stay here compared to a deluxe and we have so much more room

So I messed up timing on the Bank of America Biz card. I thought I met MSR but was off. My/DH's statement closed Friday. I just spent the necessary amount to hit MSR (still have until June 3). So I won't owe anything next statement but will have a ~$600 credit. Do I have to spend $600 more on this card or can I get that as a check somehow?

For those who have flown Spirit, how is it? The reviews are awful but they have the cheapest for a last minute trip.

I am about 10,000 Hilton points short for booking two nights at Embassy Suites Waikiki. I can transfer 4,000 MR to Hilton since they are worth 40% more for a few weeks. I ran through the process without finalizing and don’t see a $ charge. Is there a fee to transfer to Hilton?

I am about 10,000 Hilton points short for booking two nights at Embassy Suites Waikiki. I can transfer 4,000 MR to Hilton since they are worth 40% more for a few weeks. I ran through the process without finalizing and don’t see a $ charge. Is there a fee to transfer to Hilton?
No there isn’t!

Gah.....I'm not sure which to do. I love AA miles as they are my "fly to my NC beach for free" miles. I like to go 2-3 times a summer.

I just booked a solo trip for the first week I'm out of school in June using my miles. I got a crazy cheap offer of 16k miles (RT). I managed to find a "cheap" rental car for 5 days in August (just before I go back to school) for the kids and I to go to NC. The flights for me and the kids would be $660 (total). The car is under $300. The hotel will be free thanks to my IHG points (stay 3 nights get the 4th free). I checked the mileage just "for fun" and I could fly the 3 of us for 63,000 miles (and then $33). AA hasn't released their August reduced mileage flights yet. Detroit is a July airport, and often the NC airports are on the list too. So part of me is wondering if I wait until the next block of airports are released as I could save a chunk of miles if that was the case.

But then the "selfish" me likes having my AA miles for my random quickie trips I take. I'm looking to do a personal AA card here shortly, so that will reload my mileage. And I've wondered about trying to churn one of the two barclay cards I have. Which would give me more miles as well. The 63K miles is 3-4 trips for me, LOL. Of course I love saving money....but I can't decide if I want to use my miles.

Also I've been holding onto my miles in case at some point we did a "BIG" trip......

Ugh, I have ONE Amex card that I got a few months ago. I decided to go for a Hilton card with a referral link from P2. Got all the way to the end and got the pop up saying I’m not eligible for the bonus. What the heck!?

2 rather open-ended questions here:

Background: I have a CSR and AmEx plat, hit the MSR on those and have 130k MR and 82k UR. I've also got 34k Hilton points, and 5k Marriott (gold with both from the Plat). I am above 5/24 and have hit all of my MSR's.

Q1: I'd like to use these to go to Maui in 2022. What's the best way to spend these to achieve that? I'm considering the grand Wailea, but I'm not sold on it. I'm also considering the $1600 for 320k Hilton Points promotion if GW is worth it to cover most of the stay there. Edit: Nevermind, looks like I missed that promo

Q2: I just finished my AmEx plat MSR, I still have the 10x gas/grocery points. I have some vacations and big purchases coming up that I'd like to go towards an MSR; is the Hilton Aspire worth the AF and SUB? I figure that might help towards Q1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter