I love credit cards so much! v4.0 - 2021 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yay for my assigned Hyatt Globalist concierge hostess! After our Kauai trip next year we are stopping for a few days in Napa. The Alila Napa was all booked up and so I booked the Sonoma Hyatt. I made an inquiry last month to my Hyatt Concierge and she confirmed there was no availability. She offered to keep checking for me though in case something opened up. I also kept checking periodically to no avail. I wound up using those points to book the Berkshires Miraval next fall instead. Well this morning I woke up to an email that my Concierge hostess was able to book our stay at the Alila Napa for the nights I wanted! I do not have the points for the booking at this time in the account, but she said as long as they were in my account 7 days before check in it was fine. However, I would need to have those points availablel if I wanted to apply a suite upgrade cert. At this time, there aren't suite upgrades available, but that could change. I recently completed the MSR on my Hyatt business card and the $15K I was working on for the personal card to get a second free night this year, so those points should be hitting my account soon. So excited!!!!!

Last edited:
Yes, my experience has been the same as yours, which is why @Arcades comment stood out to me. I know Chase issues the same card numbers for AUs as the primary and have had Chase offers trigger whether it's the primary or AU's card. Maybe we can have additional people share their experiences too as to whether or not Amex AUs need a separate account for their offers to be added, to help out @*WDW*Groupie* with her current situation. I see @Judique shares the same experience that we've had.

P.S. Does anyone remember when you could add Amex offers to all your cards, not just one SSN? Those were the days.

Like!! Haha - I certainly do remember adding them all!

Is it worth it to do the MDD with the CSR and CSP for someone at 0/24 if u are unable to get the elevated branch offers? Been a long long time since I’ve tried to hit a SUB and haven’t attempted since my BB and Serve were shut down in 2016 or so. I’m trying to get caught up but if anyone would be gracious enough to suggest some things via private message like getting credit for mortgage payments etc that would help count towards the SUB I would really appreciate it.

I'd be inclined to do a different card and wait a bit to see if you get some elevated CSP/CSR offers, especially being 0/24. I know some really hate to be without either card, but, there are some decent offers out there on other cards right now.

Is it worth it to do the MDD with the CSR and CSP for someone at 0/24 if u are unable to get the elevated branch offers? Been a long long time since I’ve tried to hit a SUB and haven’t attempted since my BB and Serve were shut down in 2016 or so. I’m trying to get caught up but if anyone would be gracious enough to suggest some things via private message like getting credit for mortgage payments etc that would help count towards the SUB I would really appreciate it.

I mean, something might be better than nothing. I passed on the MDD this summer when it was 100K and 60K so that I could churn the IHG card. I then decided to do 2 other Ink cards, which has gotten me 150k. Rumor mill is the 100K offer is gone in branch this weekend (for the CSP), and the 70k or whatever the CSR is too. So while I might have lost out on 160k this summer, I got to churn the IHG like I wanted to (I needed more IHG points), and I've been able to do 2 more Ink. Once I do the MDD I hit 6/24, so I may just be waiting awhile anyways on doing it. I may just keep doing INK cards while I wait to get further under 4/24, LOL.

I don't do my mortgage for SUB, but I am doing some MS to get me there since the Ink are $7500. Others have used Venmo (which has a fee, but if you can't hit the spend is an option).

For me what works best is to write out all the cards I want. Then look/work out how to attack getting them. Sitting at 0/24, you're in a much better position though, LOL

Just checking - does the Surpass upgrade link you see actually have an upgrade offer (bonus points for upgrading)? If so, you could apply for the Aspire first, then take the upgrade and get both offers (end up with 2 Aspires).
I don't think it did, but I will check again. If doing this, do you think I should apply for the new Aspire and do the upgrade on the same very day? Will the system take down the upgrade offer once it sees I am approved for a new app on an Aspire?

I can’t remember who it was that applied for the Venture X card and was hoping to use it I think today for a dog vet appointment? Whoever you are, if it’s not too late, check out this article and the section titled, “ can you get your card number right away?“. Not sure if your vet will accept just the card number without the actual card, but it’s worth a shot!
https://frequentmiler.com/everything-you-want-to-know-about-capital-one-and-the-venture-x/

I called Cap One to see if there was any way to get my account number or virtual number for new Venture X before tomorrow (there is not, I wasn't surprised) but I thought it was funny that the rep gives her full name and location when she answers the phone, she was in Delaware.
She was wrong! Check out this article in the section titled, “ can you get your card number right away?“
https://frequentmiler.com/everything-you-want-to-know-about-capital-one-and-the-venture-x/

I mean, something might be better than nothing. I passed on the MDD this summer when it was 100K and 60K so that I could churn the IHG card. I then decided to do 2 other Ink cards, which has gotten me 150k. Rumor mill is the 100K offer is gone in branch this weekend (for the CSP), and the 70k or whatever the CSR is too. So while I might have lost out on 160k this summer, I got to churn the IHG like I wanted to (I needed more IHG points), and I've been able to do 2 more Ink. Once I do the MDD I hit 6/24, so I may just be waiting awhile anyways on doing it. I may just keep doing INK cards while I wait to get further under 4/24, LOL.

I don't do my mortgage for SUB, but I am doing some MS to get me there since the Ink are $7500. Others have used Venmo (which has a fee, but if you can't hit the spend is an option).

For me what works best is to write out all the cards I want. Then look/work out how to attack getting them. Sitting at 0/24, you're in a much better position though, LOL

Thank you for replying! I'll have to look at Venmo and how that's supposed to work.

I completely forgot about the other Chase Business card options I guess because I already had them: Ink Business Plus (opened sometime around April 2016), Ink Business Preferred (opened sometime around March 2020), and Ink Business Unlimited (opened sometime around October 2019). I'm not at 1/24 then because of the Ink Business Preferred being a business card (still 0/24)?

Here's what I'm thinking: I may try to see if I can get approve for a CSR and sneak out some Disney related redemptions before the portal completely changes over and it isn't an option anymore and use that $300 travel credit on some tickets and try to double dip that credit on travel again after a year then do a product change. I'm gonna need to check the spouse's side but that should still leave her open to MDD on the CSR/CSP and even the Southwest cards at some point if some really good offers come back around.

I'll need to try to check the dates on the business cards for the spouse to, but what's a good strategy there? Should I just consider closure on a card or two?

I can’t remember who it was that applied for the Venture X card and was hoping to use it I think today for a dog vet appointment? Whoever you are, if it’s not too late, check out this article and the section titled, “ can you get your card number right away?“. Not sure if your vet will accept just the card number without the actual card, but it’s worth a shot!
She was wrong! Check out this article in the section titled, “ can you get your card number right away?“
Thanks, yes that was me. Leaving in 20 minutes. No she wasn't wrong, she showed me where to find that and have checked every couple of hours since, and it's not there in my account.

I have a question that isn’t exactly point related but is travel related! We were booked to fly to Jacksonville this morning on Delta. Booked on Delta points. Last night I was only able to check in my husband and myself, the site said my daughter needed to see a ticket agent. I called the 1-800 number and the rep said it must just be a security check. When we got to the airport this morning at 4:45 am the desk agent looked and said it appeared that although she showed on the reservation her ticket number had been cancelled. This was likely a computer mistake from when I called to remove 2 people from our reservation last week because they couldn’t travel. He couldn’t fix it on his end (possibly because the flight was overbooked) and had to call customer service multiple times after agents put him on hold and never came back! We missed our flight and they rebooked us 5 hours later. He said he would be escalating it to his manager. He also said all the errors were theirs and we should call for compensation after the trip. What compensation is reasonable? I’m not sure what to ask or push for. Any advice.

Luckily we were flying in early for a wedding and won’t miss anything with the delay.

Thanks all for the advice on trying to get the $50 off $250 for my upcoming Delta (Marriott) hotel stay this weekend. I called AmEx and the CSR was kind enough to provide me with the exp date for my card (11/24 -- so I wasn't even close!). I got the hotel to send me another form (the forms they send time out) and completed it. The hotel is saying they aren't able to process the charge, yet I see 2 x $0.01 charges on my personal AmEx from the hotel. When I called to inquire as to why they can't process the payment, they keep insisting that I just bring the card with me this weekend (which will be difficult since I can't find it :scared:).

Does anyone know why AmEx would put $0.01 on the card yet the hotel is saying the charge to the card won't go through? I am wondering if they are doing a pre-authorization instead of charging the stay to the card.

I set dd up with an AmEx account (I couldn't add her supp card to mine). She doesn't have the Marriott offer (she has 2 Hilton offers), so trying to use her card won't work.

Looks like I'm taking the dog with me. Ds was supposed to dog sit this weekend, but just informed me that his bf is visiting him this weekend and he won't be able to stay at my house. Not a huge problem for the daytime, but it means that we can't eat indoors and most of the patios are closed until spring. Dd's roomie says that he doesn't like dogs (who doesn't like dogs?), so leaving the dog in her apartment only works if he goes out, which is unlikely since he is always studying.

I have a question that isn’t exactly point related but is travel related! We were booked to fly to Jacksonville this morning on Delta. Booked on Delta points. Last night I was only able to check in my husband and myself, the site said my daughter needed to see a ticket agent. I called the 1-800 number and the rep said it must just be a security check. When we got to the airport this morning at 4:45 am the desk agent looked and said it appeared that although she showed on the reservation her ticket number had been cancelled. This was likely a computer mistake from when I called to remove 2 people from our reservation last week because they couldn’t travel. He couldn’t fix it on his end (possibly because the flight was overbooked) and had to call customer service multiple times after agents put him on hold and never came back! We missed our flight and they rebooked us 5 hours later. He said he would be escalating it to his manager. He also said all the errors were theirs and we should call for compensation after the trip. What compensation is reasonable? I’m not sure what to ask or push for. Any advice.

Luckily we were flying in early for a wedding and won’t miss anything with the delay.

I'm not going to be any help, but we had a massive weather delay a few years ago for a 7am flight and ended up not leaving our airport until 5pm on a different airline that Delta booked for us. They lost 1 set of our luggage (for 24 hours) and sent our luggage on a different delta flight (felt very weird leaving our home airport with no idea where our luggage was -- for a week long trip) forcing us to wait at the airport upon arrival. We had to book another hotel on arrival (because our reservations were 2 hours away in Yellowstone and EVERYONE told us not to make that drive at midnight). In the end, they only gave us $100 for each ticket. The did auto-reimburse our upgrade to Comfort+ but in the end we lost a day of vacation and paid for 1 night's lodging twice. I realize weather is not their fault, but once it cleared they had no options for us for the ENTIRE day.

Anyway -- I'm mad I never called back and got more of an offset to our experience, but we were on vacation and the person we talked to said I'd have to call another number for additional relief. Make sure you consider what you had to do (eat at the airport, miss out on an experience or time with family) when you ask.

Thank you for replying! I'll have to look at Venmo and how that's supposed to work.

I completely forgot about the other Chase Business card options I guess because I already had them: Ink Business Plus (opened sometime around April 2016), Ink Business Preferred (opened sometime around March 2020), and Ink Business Unlimited (opened sometime around October 2019). I'm not at 1/24 then because of the Ink Business Preferred being a business card (still 0/24)?

Here's what I'm thinking: I may try to see if I can get approve for a CSR and sneak out some Disney related redemptions before the portal completely changes over and it isn't an option anymore and use that $300 travel credit on some tickets and try to double dip that credit on travel again after a year then do a product change. I'm gonna need to check the spouse's side but that should still leave her open to MDD on the CSR/CSP and even the Southwest cards at some point if some really good offers come back around.

I'll need to try to check the dates on the business cards for the spouse to, but what's a good strategy there? Should I just consider closure on a card or two?

You don't have to close them. I'm working on CIC #2 right now. And yes, business cards don't count towards the /24. Hence why I'm working on INK while I wait to drop further down. I will hit 3/24 in April. And 2/24 in October. So we'll see how long I wait.

Well I feel like Delta is VERY generous. I got $1k when I got bumped from my flight (I took the bump). When my daughter (15) was on a flight last fall, the man next to her was SOOOOOO stoned! He was falling down and passed out on the flight. She was in the last row. The FAs were right there, and obv annoyed by his stench. They asked him several times if HE wanted to move. But never asked my DD. She was too scared to ask (though myself and the BF were telling her to. He's like FAs will move you). She also had to pee, but couldn't wake him to go. She was visiting friends. I warned them she was going to stink! It took 3 washes to get the smell out of her clothes! I wrote Delta to complain that the FAs didn't offer the chance to move to my 15yo. They agreed that the man likely shouldn't even been allowed to board. They gifted her $100 or $200 for her issues.

So my point is....GO BIG! I would say since you ALL had to miss the flight, at least $1k.

I don't think it did, but I will check again. If doing this, do you think I should apply for the new Aspire and do the upgrade on the same very day? Will the system take down the upgrade offer once it sees I am approved for a new app on an Aspire?

Yes, it's a possibility. I would do the upgrade immediately after the new Aspire is approved.

I would be asking for a return of all the Skymiles used to book the flights. But would be content with the Skymiles for your daughter's ticket. I would point out that you called to find out what the issue was and their agent didn't see that the ticket was cancelled for a passenger still on the PNR. That is a huge screw up by the phone agent and should have been caught then. What airport were you flying out of? If this happens at a Delta Hub, you can usually demand a Red Coat who will get it fixed right away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter