I love credit cards so much! v4.0 - 2021 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a personal SW and a business SW card, DH has a personal SW card. We each opened separate accounts through the years to get the sign on bonus points. I am super close this year to getting a companion pass. It occurred to me that if I had all of DH's points I would reach it. If I added him as an additional cardholder on my account, would all of his purchases go towards my points total? Just wondering if next year we would be better off going back to one account?

I'm interpreting your question as asking if your DH's RRs can be transferred to your RRs in order to qualify for a CP, and the answer to that is no. But going into next year, as @palhockeymomof2 suggested, his purchases as an employee of your SW business card would feed points into your RR account. How close are you? If you're ~20,000 RRs away then @becauseimnew 's idea would work. With that one, you'd need to time it for the points to hit your Dec statement closing date in order for them to post this year.

It could be six years, the approval date will help you set the month. I have never set up separate accounts for my partner (AU). Her charges always show up on my login and trigger any offers I have added to the card.

How interesting. I always assumed that the AU needed to add offers to their card in order to the offers to trigger.

@*WDW*Groupie* The benefit to setting up an AU card is that you can double dip Amex offers. And my Plat opened in 2020 has 2025 as the expiration year.

Last edited:
How interesting. I always assumed that the AU needed to add offers to their card in order to the offers to trigger.
For Chase, yes, the offers count for both because they have the same card #. For AmEx, no, because the cards have different numbers and the offer has to be added to the correct card. Learned this the hard way accidentally using my AU card instead of DH's for a Marriott offer a few years ago. I have since added my Au card to my AmEx account separately so I can add offers to mine.

When I look at AmEx offers, it says added to card - XXX01, they are card specific.

Last edited:
Wanted to give you a heads up. My AF for CSR came due- called and gave them the sob story about the fee increasing. They gave me a $150.00 statement credit. He did recognize me as a private client, so don't know if that had anything to do with it or not. Anyways, just sharing for anyone keeping theirs instead of PCing it.

Nice! Curious if you got a retention last year too?

For Chase, yes, the offers count for both because they have the same card #. For AmEx, no, because the cards have different numbers and the offer has to be added to the correct card. Learned this the hard way accidentally using my AU card instead of DH's for a Marriott offer a few years ago. I have since added my Au card to my AmEx account separately so I can add offers to mine.

When I look at AmEx offers, it says added to card - XXX01, they are card specific.

@*WDW*Groupie* - This. I've also learned the 'hard' way by having both cards in my hand and using the AU one accidentally. And, a separate log in equals separate offers. Sometimes different ones.

Wanted to give you a heads up. My AF for CSR came due- called and gave them the sob story about the fee increasing. They gave me a $150.00 statement credit. He did recognize me as a private client, so don't know if that had anything to do with it or not. Anyways, just sharing for anyone keeping theirs instead of PCing it.

I need to do this! I'm not a private client. But I have been w/ Chase since birth and have 10,000 bank accounts with them, LOL. I'm not ready to MDD, but I'm okay keeping it if it's $450 or less until I do decide to do the MDD.

Yes, my experience has been the same as yours, which is why @Arcades comment stood out to me. I know Chase issues the same card numbers for AUs as the primary and have had Chase offers trigger whether it's the primary or AU's card. Maybe we can have additional people share their experiences too as to whether or not Amex AUs need a separate account for their offers to be added, to help out @*WDW*Groupie* with her current situation. I see @Judique shares the same experience that we've had.

P.S. Does anyone remember when you could add Amex offers to all your cards, not just one SSN? Those were the days.

Last edited:
I'm a little conflicted. I've been accumulating DGCs at discounts for our trip (next week!) but also to pay our DVC dues in January. I estimate the dues savings at about $300 thanks to getting the DGCs at at least 10% off. But I plan to apply for a second SW Biz card Jan 1st, and if it arrives in time for the dues due date (15th), I could throw all that spend into the card and surely meet MSR by the first statement... thus have the CP sooner. I have a trip to Orlando in April, then an Alaskan cruise in May, so not super early in the year, but having the CP earlier means I can book those flights earlier. Is that worth it or should I use the DGCs as planned?

Yes, my experience has been the same as yours, which is why @Arcades comment stood out to me. I know Chase issues the same card numbers for AUs as the primary and have had Chase offers trigger whether it's the primary or AU's card. Maybe we can have additional people share their experiences too as to whether or not Amex AUs need a separate account for their offers to be added, to help out @*WDW*Groupie* with her current situation. I see @Judique shares the same experience that we've had.

P.S. Does anyone remember when you could add Amex offers to all your cards, not just one SSN? Those were the days.
This is my experience also. The offers are attached to per card and person. That’s how I saved $1200 on my RCCL cruise. DS had a $500 offer on his AU card and I had a $500 offer.

I'm a little conflicted. I've been accumulating DGCs at discounts for our trip (next week!) but also to pay our DVC dues in January. I estimate the dues savings at about $300 thanks to getting the DGCs at at least 10% off. But I plan to apply for a second SW Biz card Jan 1st, and if it arrives in time for the dues due date (15th), I could throw all that spend into the card and surely meet MSR by the first statement... thus have the CP sooner. I have a trip to Orlando in April, then an Alaskan cruise in May, so not super early in the year, but having the CP earlier means I can book those flights earlier. Is that worth it or should I use the DGCs as planned?
Is that Orlando trip in April for Disney? If yes, I would totally do that. I use less discounts on my dues, because I have had them as an expense in my head for the last 19 years. In my head, using the big discounted cards for trips instead makes sense, because they are not a required expense. I know silly, but for me...

Okay just checking......The elevated offer on the Amex Delta Plat biz says it expires today. But when I clicked on a dischurn link it says 12/1. Is it common that support links are valid longer?

If so, I want to wait until closer to 12/1 to apply. This will ease some of my anxiety on meeting $7700 in MSR in 3 mos.

Is that Orlando trip in April for Disney? If yes, I would totally do that. I use less discounts on my dues, because I have had them as an expense in my head for the last 19 years. In my head, using the big discounted cards for trips instead makes sense, because they are not a required expense. I know silly, but for me...
Yup, the April Orlando trip is at BCV!

No, but FWIW we did stay at the Hilton LHR terminal 5 hotel before a morning flight. This was the year that BA had a system outage and our flight from Glasgow to LHR and all other flights were cancelled too. No trains that would get us there in time either. So we took a 6.5 hour Uber from Scotland to London and got in very late, sometime around 1 am. The hotel was overbooked and they wound up putting us in a 1 bedroom suite with no AC and brought in fans. It was very warm. It hasn't turned me away from airport hotels. I think the end of that trip was just destined to be a cluster.
I recall that epically bad ending.
We have stayed at the Hilton T4 many times- and we love that hotel. We have never stayed at the T5- pretty far away. I would highly recommend the T4 Hilton if you are a Diamond and can get lounge access- one of the better lounges as far as quality of offerings across all the Hiltons we have stayed at.
I am Diamond (since they keep extending). This hotel is the one at Terminals 2 & 3 as I think AA is in T3. I think...9397E772-E493-4239-8B68-2FDD383C237C.jpeg

Can you no longer buy Universal Orlando tickets through the Ultimate Rewards portal? I looked at prices a few weeks ago but now I can't find anything for Universal.

I recall that epically bad ending.

I am Diamond (since they keep extending). This hotel is the one at Terminals 2 & 3 as I think AA is in T3. I think...View attachment 621633
The buses to the hotels run a route to most all of the hotels. Different bus numbers for the different hotel circuits (they call them hotel hoppas). For us, the T4 hotel is fine. We originally got onto the Hilton at T4 because there is a direct walkway from the terminal- and our flight was scheduled to land there. Unfortunately, when we were Heathrow noobs we didn't realize that inbound terminals can change on a dime. One time the plane had to park on the tarmac and they had to load us into buses because there wasn't a gate for us to pull up to. If you are staying there because you want easy access to your outbound flight then it's a good choice. But if you are basing it on your inbound flight just know you may not actually land there. BA and Virgin seem to get priority, and in my experience US airlines get parked wherever there is a spot for them. We have actually only used the T4 walkway one time, the rest the plane parked elsewhere and took the hoppa to the hotel. Not a big deal- the system is efficient and should your gate be elsewhere you will still get to your hotel within an hour of clearing customs. Heathrow is a very busy place.

Last edited:
Considering an Easter break trip, just me and the kiddos (9 and 4) and possibly my mid 70s parents to Shenandoah National park and smoky mountain National park.

Thinking leave Philly on Saturday am, drive 4 hours to front royal, start skyline drive, make a detour to Luray caverns and then stay overnight at skyland or big meadows lodge.

Sun- drive the other 50 miles of skyline drive, then stay overnight in Waynesboro VA or Roanoke

Mon- drive to Pigeon forge with some stops along the way. Stay at courtyard pigeon forge 3 nights. (35k free night certificate, has a lazy river and Mountain View’s).

Tues- see the highlights of Smoky Mountain National Park

Wed- Dollywood

Thurs- drive 10 hours home if my parents come, or split the day and stop halfway in like Charlottesville and drive the rest friday.

Any Pigeon Forge must do’s? Places to eat? Am I overall insane?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter