I love credit cards so much! v4.0 - 2021 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any suggestions about how to shop for homeowners/car insurance? We've been with the same company (Geico) for 5 years but the rate increases are a bit much this year. I'd like to see what my options are before deciding whether to renew or switch, but I'm not sure whether I should pick a few companies and call them or use one of those websites that will search various options (I'm hesitant about this because they want so much personal information and I don't want to get a ton of spam phone calls).

Any suggestions about how to shop for homeowners/car insurance? We've been with the same company (Geico) for 5 years but the rate increases are a bit much this year. I'd like to see what my options are before deciding whether to renew or switch, but I'm not sure whether I should pick a few companies and call them or use one of those websites that will search various options (I'm hesitant about this because they want so much personal information and I don't want to get a ton of spam phone calls).
I use a broker, they search all the companies for me.

I have spent all morning trying to figure out if I want to apply for the Amex Biz Gold or Plat. The $15K MSR is intimidating, but I think we can make it happen if I can pay our house taxes with an Amex card. The other thing that is making me lean towards the Gold is the AF of the Plat. Of course the Plat benefits out-weigh the difference in fee, but those can be a PIA.

What to do? We need 129K MRs to transfer to CX before June 2022.

I have the Gold 100K MR with $10K MSR and the Plat 150K MRs with $15K offer.

Good to know- going to log on now and see if I got as lucky as you.

I had emails about my recent activity that took points from my acct. Only had like 420 in my acct so unless someone had cancelled and rebooked stuff they wouldn't get anywhere. But my history only shows the new amounts coming out not the old going in. Weird way they did it but it matches up to what I expected.

I had emails about my recent activity that took points from my acct. Only had like 420 in my acct so unless someone had cancelled and rebooked stuff they wouldn't get anywhere. But my history only shows the new amounts coming out not the old going in. Weird way they did it but it matches up to what I expected.

Interesting. No refund on mine yet. Will keep an eye out for an e-mail like that. Thanks!

Today is the last day I can apparently try for the Amex Delta Plat Biz elevated SUB. I'm torn. I want this card and have wanted it for awhile. But I still have $3700 to do towards the CIC#2. I planned on using VGC, but the new FD snafu might put a kink in that. So I'd be looking at $6k I need to do right now. Plus the $1k I have for my Hilton retention offer. And Hilton did offer FNC if I spent another $8k, which I doubt I'll be able to do either way.

So the question is....can I manage to do $7700 in the next 2-3 mos? I'm not sure I can...unless I can snag VGCs for the CIC MSR.

Yikes! I'm glad I saw this post...where can I find info about cell coverage ending? I need to switch Ds' phone to my flex in that case

I got an email from Chase for both IHG cards.

I have spent all morning trying to figure out if I want to apply for the Amex Biz Gold or Plat. The $15K MSR is intimidating, but I think we can make it happen if I can pay our house taxes with an Amex card. The other thing that is making me lean towards the Gold is the AF of the Plat. Of course the Plat benefits out-weigh the difference in fee, but those can be a PIA.

What to do? We need 129K MRs to transfer to CX before June 2022.

I have the Gold 100K MR with $10K MSR and the Plat 150K MRs with $15K offer.

I would do the plat biz if you can make the MSR work. Do you plan to do a support so you can get the additional 4x on your MSR? The plat biz support also comes with 15k in addition to the 4x (the gold biz is only 4x).

Do you know if your property tax takes Amex? If not, Plastiq works too.

Agree the biz plat credits are a pain, but better to get something for your AF than nothing. Also, it's triple dip season or will be soon.

I have a personal SW and a business SW card, DH has a personal SW card. We each opened separate accounts through the years to get the sign on bonus points. I am super close this year to getting a companion pass. It occurred to me that if I had all of DH's points I would reach it. If I added him as an additional cardholder on my account, would all of his purchases go towards my points total? Just wondering if next year we would be better off going back to one account?

I would do the plat biz if you can make the MSR work. Do you plan to do a support so you can get the additional 4x on your MSR? The plat biz support also comes with 15k in addition to the 4x (the gold biz is only 4x).

Do you know if your property tax takes Amex? If not, Plastiq works too.

Agree the biz plat credits are a pain, but better to get something for your AF than nothing. Also, it's triple dip season or will be soon.
I just checked and they do take Amex (2.4% fee). I will wait until Dec to apply, working on $3K retention for my personal Plat.

I am not seeing the 15K support anywhere, it would be coming from DH he has the personal and biz green cards.

I have a personal SW and a business SW card, DH has a personal SW card. We each opened separate accounts through the years to get the sign on bonus points. I am super close this year to getting a companion pass. It occurred to me that if I had all of DH's points I would reach it. If I added him as an additional cardholder on my account, would all of his purchases go towards my points total? Just wondering if next year we would be better off going back to one account?
Yes all his purchases would go into your RR account…add him as an employee on the SW business card this way it does not increase his 5/24 count

Have you thought about having him apply for the Biz card using your support link? You’ll get 20,000 points for the referral.

I just checked and they do take Amex (2.4% fee). I will wait until Dec to apply, working on $3K retention for my personal Plat.

I am not seeing the 15K support anywhere, it would be coming from DH he has the personal and biz green cards.

I meant the support from your biz plat once you get it. The best time to do the 4x is during MSR. You have to do the 15k spend anyways, then you get an additional 60k on the spend. The biz plat is the only one that has 15k plus the 4x.

If you get a bonus offer for employee cards on the biz plat, you can stack that too.

Just a note that the 4x support expires 12/1, if you were interested in doing that.

I seem to have misplaced my personal plat AmEx. There is an offer on it for $50 off a $250 Marriott stay and I'm going to see dd this weekend. I have her supplementary card -- if I put the charge on her card will I get the credit? Or does it have to be my card?

Secondary question -- I memorized my card number and CVV by heart (actually all of my credit cards numbers are committed to memory -- I can't help it), but can't seem to recall the expiry date (I'm 95% certain what it is) -- would dd's supp card have the same expiry date (I'd think that they would have to, but want to make sure as I'm trying to complete a pre-charge before I get there with my card).

I seem to have misplaced my personal plat AmEx. There is an offer on it for $50 off a $250 Marriott stay and I'm going to see dd this weekend. I have her supplementary card -- if I put the charge on her card will I get the credit? Or does it have to be my card?

Secondary question -- I memorized my card number and CVV by heart (actually all of my credit cards numbers are committed to memory -- I can't help it), but can't seem to recall the expiry date (I'm 95% certain what it is) -- would dd's supp card have the same expiry date (I'd think that they would have to, but want to make sure as I'm trying to complete a pre-charge before I get there with my card).

AU charges should go to the same account and trigger the offer.

If you have an e-mail from Amex telling you "Congrats you were approved!" you could use that and add 5 years to generate the likely expiry date. So, if your e-mail was from 10/20, you could expect an expiration of 10/25. If your DD's card was acquired at the same time, it should have the same expiry date, but if you added her as an AU after the fact, they would have different dates.

Apparently Air Canada (AC) accidentally leaked details of their new co-branded Chase card, debuting in December. I'm not overly excited about the SUB, but will sign-up for the card as I know that I can easily use the 2 x 50K Aeroplan certificates (especially since they launched dynamic pricing). I will also sign dd up for this card in the spring (I have pooled our Aeroplan accounts). As a bonus I might be able to get dh to sign up for the card as he flies a few times a week with AC and is a "super elite" member -- their highest status flyer (he reached 1M miles flown with them several years ago -- they sent him a metal AC plane on a stand to commemorate this milestone :upsidedow). Details of the card are reported to be as illustrated below.

I know there aren't many who will be signing up for this card, but AC does have some sweet redemption options and United is a Star Alliance partner.

The new Air Canada credit card will offer two “Welcome Flight Rewards” worth up to 100,000 points combined when you spend $4,000 on purchases with the card in the first three months. These will come in the form of two “Flight Reward Certificates” valued at up to 50,000 Aeroplan points each.

An Air Canada spokesperson provided an example of how these certificates can work in practice, saying via email, “Each of the two 50K Welcome Flight Rewards that make up our ‘up to 100K points’ launch offer can be applied toward a single-passenger Aeroplan redemption in any cabin and for any redemption amount. This means that if you had a 65,000 point itinerary, you could apply a 50K Welcome Flight Reward and simply top up the remaining 15,000 point difference. It also means that if your itinerary is only 45,000 points, and you apply a 50K Welcome Flight Reward the full certificate would be considered used.”

AU charges should go to the same account and trigger the offer.

If you have an e-mail from Amex telling you "Congrats you were approved!" you could use that and add 5 years to generate the likely expiry date. So, if your e-mail was from 10/20, you could expect an expiration of 10/25. If your DD's card was acquired at the same time, it should have the same expiry date, but if you added her as an AU after the fact, they would have different dates.
I was approved on January 25, 2020. But I am pretty sure that the exp date is 01/26. I might just try using her card for the pre-approval. Do I need to see the offer on her card (I never set up an AmEx profile for her)?

I was approved on January 25, 2020. But I am pretty sure that the exp date is 01/26. I might just try using her card for the pre-approval. Do I need to see the offer on her card (I never set up an AmEx profile for her)?

It could be six years, the approval date will help you set the month. I have never set up separate accounts for my partner (AU). Her charges always show up on my login and trigger any offers I have added to the card.

Wanted to give you a heads up. My AF for CSR came due- called and gave them the sob story about the fee increasing. They gave me a $150.00 statement credit. He did recognize me as a private client, so don't know if that had anything to do with it or not. Anyways, just sharing for anyone keeping theirs instead of PCing it.

I called Cap One to see if there was any way to get my account number or virtual number for new Venture X before tomorrow (there is not, I wasn't surprised) but I thought it was funny that the rep gives her full name and location when she answers the phone, she was in Delaware.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter