I love credit cards so much! v4.0 - 2021 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dang. Sorry! I got so excited when I read that!
Still no virtual number, I even checked the app while I was checking out LOL. The good news is, the bill was only $401 and not the $1000 I was expecting, so not as painful.
Funny thing is I just got an email that my autopay on my new Venture X, will be taking from my checking account on Monday LOL! Um, I don't even have the card yet to make any charges LOL.

I would be asking for a return of all the Skymiles used to book the flights. But would be content with the Skymiles for your daughter's ticket. I would point out that you called to find out what the issue was and their agent didn't see that the ticket was cancelled for a passenger still on the PNR. That is a huge screw up by the phone agent and should have been caught then. What airport were you flying out of? If this happens at a Delta Hub, you can usually demand a Red Coat who will get it fixed right away.

I learned when I was stuck in LaGuardia once, that with Delta, if there's an issue you want a Red Coat. They can fix anything!!!

Yes AA generally use T3 - in fact, I flew AA out of T3 to BOS a few weeks ago. (T3 was closed during the height of Covid and AA did move to T5, but they are back in T3 with the exception of JFK flights I think)

Arriving at security at 0500 should be fine, actually 0600 would be fine. I would think arriving at check-in by 5:30 would be plenty of time. AA First/Business check-in counters are separate from the Coach Check-in area - I think it is the next Zone to the left. I think you can walk to T3 from the HGI thru T2. Takes about 10-15 minutes thru underground walkways.

If you can't get into the Admirals Club, there is a priority pass lounge , Club Aspire, which I have always found to be pretty good. Think it opens at 5 or 6am.
I actually have an Admirals club day pass from the AA contest a while back. Not sure to try it coming or going although it looks like LHR Admirals Club is still closed.

I would be asking for a return of all the Skymiles used to book the flights. But would be content with the Skymiles for your daughter's ticket. I would point out that you called to find out what the issue was and their agent didn't see that the ticket was cancelled for a passenger still on the PNR. That is a huge screw up by the phone agent and should have been caught then. What airport were you flying out of? If this happens at a Delta Hub, you can usually demand a Red Coat who will get it fixed right away.

Not a hub, Madison, WI so a small regional airport. No Red Coats there but that is great info for the future!

We just connected in Atlanta and are on the plane to JAX. Last row by the bathroom (again) and they made us check our carry on bags stating the bin space was gone. Completely not true! Plenty of bin space when we boarded.

Delta really disappointed me today!!

Ok my London travel peeps, I asked for recommendations before, but it's been a while and although I thought I bookmarked them, I can't find all the wonderful recs everyone made. Fingers crossed we'll be going in March for Spring Break.

Things to do: Football game, Harry Potter tour top our list. Churchill War Rooms? Not sure if DS(13 by then) will be into it though he likes history. I'd like to see Buckingham Palace, but do we need to do Kensington Palace too? Big Ben, Westminster Abbey?
Places to stay? I'm struggling to find anything bookable with Marriott or Hyatt points, found Hilton but not sure location is good.

Ok my London travel peeps, I asked for recommendations before, but it's been a while and although I thought I bookmarked them, I can't find all the wonderful recs everyone made. Fingers crossed we'll be going in March for Spring Break.

Things to do: Football game, Harry Potter tour top our list. Churchill War Rooms? Not sure if DS(13 by then) will be into it though he likes history. I'd like to see Buckingham Palace, but do we need to do Kensington Palace too? Big Ben, Westminster Abbey?
Places to stay? I'm struggling to find anything bookable with Marriott or Hyatt points, found Hilton but not sure location is good.
Following along as we have a wedding in July in Devon and also want to spend some time in London!

Off the top of my head......and it has been years since I have done some of these.....

Natural History Museum
Imperial War Museum - the Churchill War Rooms are there part of this, but the Imperial War Museum is worth a visit in its own right.
The Shard - for the views.
Tower of London
Wembley Stadium Tour
London Dungeons
London Eye - overrated IMO
St Pauls Cathedral
Take in a West End Show?
Hyde Park - Boating on the Serpentine - although maybe not at Spring Break.
Covent Garden (Not to be confused with New Covent Garden)

Which Hiltons are you considering?

Last edited:
Off the top of my head......and it has been years since I have done some of these.....

Natural History Museum
Imperial War Museum - the Churchill War Rooms are there, but the Imperial War Museum is worth a visit in its own right.
The Shard - for the views.
Tower of London
Wembley Stadium Tour
London Dungeons
London Eye - overrated IMO
St Pauls Cathedral
Take in a West End Show?
Hyde Park - Boating on the Serpentine - although maybe not at Spring Break.
Covent Garden (Not to be confused with New Covent Garden)

Which Hiltons are you considering?
Doubletree London Victoria or Tower Of London; or Hilton London Euston

DS says the Churchill War rooms sound interesting. Museums would be low on the list because A. DS would be bored and whining after a short time and B. we have some great museums in Chicago which we visit (ie Natural History museum). DS did mention an aquarium as an interest, no idea why as he's never mentioned going to Shedd Aquarium which is close.

*sigh*

Anyone ever had a terrible time cancelling a rental car booked with URs?
TLDR: I have 2 rental cars booked because I wasn't able to cancel one through the chase portal, and they've been working on it since Thursday and can't figure out how to cancel it for us on their end. And I have about 30k URs tied up in a rental car that I don't need.
Updating to say this still isn't resolved. We called earlier this week to follow up and they said they would call when it was resolved. Ugh.

For Marriott or Hilton hotels check flyertalk dot com. Plenty of info on which hotels are best based on location, room size / bed configuration and lounges. Location-wise I believe Hilton Park Lane wins (though only if you are diamond since you'd most likely get a good upgrade), but for the lounge Bankside wins. Marriott has several good choices in London -- I was seriously considering the Marriott Park Lane (but went with a Hilton-branded hotel as I need to keep my Marriott points for Edinburgh and maybe, just maybe, we will get to the St. Regis Maldives in the spring). I ended up booking the LXR Biltmore because I like the style of the rooms and the location is good (the Conrad was also a contender, but I think I will prefer the rooms at the LXR). I have stayed at several other hotels in London, but none were Marriott or Hilton-branded. If you can get away solo then I'd definitely recommend having afternoon tea (or take your ds if you think that he'd enjoy it). We've partaken at Fortnum & Mason and Claridges and immensely enjoyed both venues.

Churchill War Rooms are fascinating. I think that your ds would enjoy a walk through as you really feel like you're living in WWII times while touring. Buckingham Palace and Kensington Palace are okay. I wouldn't repeat either, but worth seeing once perhaps. Westminster Abbey is interesting; London Eye for views is worthwhile on a nice day, but not a "must see". If you are HP fans then I'd definitely recommend taking the bus (the bus that takes you right to the studios from London, not public transit, which is doable if you want to give it a try) to Warner Bros. Studios; we've done this twice and will do it again if we go in the spring. Dd and I saw the HP show in the west end and it was amazing -- definitely recommend this if you can get tickets; be aware that it takes the better part of a day as the show is in 2 parts -- we left for dinner between the 2 parts. We also saw Hamilton and it was fabulous (I got last minute tickets the day before the show -- seats were 1st balcony, first row, centre seats and they were perfect). I am a bit of a foodie, so I recommend wandering through the food halls at Harrods on an empty stomach and enjoying some super yummy food. Selfridges food hall pales in comparison. Dd and I did a food tour in London and it was fantastic -- highly recommend taking one.

Doubletree London Victoria or Tower Of London; or Hilton London Euston

DS says the Churchill War rooms sound interesting. Museums would be low on the list because A. DS would be bored and whining after a short time and B. we have some great museums in Chicago which we visit (ie Natural History museum). DS did mention an aquarium as an interest, no idea why as he's never mentioned going to Shedd Aquarium which is close.
We really enjoyed the Tower of London, we spent a lot of time exploring there. The Harry Potter tour was AMAZING!! The kids and I were in heaven and oogling everything. Dh liked it, but wasn't as engrossed as we were, he didn't finish all the books.

Not a hub, Madison, WI so a small regional airport. No Red Coats there but that is great info for the future!

We just connected in Atlanta and are on the plane to JAX. Last row by the bathroom (again) and they made us check our carry on bags stating the bin space was gone. Completely not true! Plenty of bin space when we boarded.

Delta really disappointed me today!!
I flew last month out of Appleton, I had never been in an airport that small before. Nothing you can really do at an outstation where you probably weren't even flying Delta but one of the subsidiaries, although to ATL it could have been Delta proper.
Did they at least valet check so it was on the jetway when you got there?

For Marriott or Hilton hotels check flyertalk dot com. Plenty of info on which hotels are best based on location, room size / bed configuration and lounges. Location-wise I believe Hilton Park Lane wins (though only if you are diamond since you'd most likely get a good upgrade), but for the lounge Bankside wins. Marriott has several good choices in London -- I was seriously considering the Marriott Park Lane (but went with a Hilton-branded hotel as I need to keep my Marriott points for Edinburgh and maybe, just maybe, we will get to the St. Regis Maldives in the spring). I ended up booking the LXR Biltmore because I like the style of the rooms and the location is good (the Conrad was also a contender, but I think I will prefer the rooms at the LXR). I have stayed at several other hotels in London, but none were Marriott or Hilton-branded. If you can get away solo then I'd definitely recommend having afternoon tea (or take your ds if you think that he'd enjoy it). We've partaken at Fortnum & Mason and Claridges and immensely enjoyed both venues.
I think we have a whole different budget. Unfortunately I don't have a million plus points in any currency to afford those hotels. I'm looking at decent but much cheaper places. The other issue is many of the hotels are not bookable on points. They show points per night but when I click through there are no points rooms available.

I think we have a whole different budget. Unfortunately I don't have a million plus points in any currency to afford those hotels. I'm looking at decent but much cheaper places. The other issue is many of the hotels are not bookable on points. They show points per night but when I click through there are no points rooms available.
I ended up using Venture miles to erase hotel costs in London, because I had the same trouble. Both finding rooms with points, finding rooms with 2 beds for dh, dd and I.

I ended up using Venture miles to erase hotel costs in London, because I had the same trouble. Both finding rooms with points, finding rooms with 2 beds for dh, dd and I.

I have attempted and given up on planning European trips many times because of this. I can never seem to find rooms available on points and that have 2 beds. Or even rooms that would connect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter