• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I just have to share ...

WebmasterDoc

Administrator
Administrator
We were on a cruise in September (non-Disney) and went to one of those onboard art "auctions". There were a few pieces by former Disney artist David Willardson and we ended up buying three of them. They just arrived today and then we were faced with the problem of finding a spot for them.

One piece is titled "Propinquity" and now hangs in our bedroom. The other two pieces are titled "Lovey" and "Dovey" and now hang over the jacuzzi in our OKW inspired master bath.

We have a collection of almost 100 Disney production cels and drawings (all actually used in making one of the animated classics) - so our home is definitely very "Disney"! 30 of the original Disney cels are on a bedroom wall.

9488propinquity.jpg

9488loveydovey.jpg

9488lovey-dovey.jpg

9488cels1.jpg

9488cels2.jpg

Those are great new pieces, Doc! Love your whole collection! I have always wanted to start collecting Disney art, but my log walls don't lend themselves well to that kind of display.

I like Lovey and Dovey!

We go to art auctions at sea, but have never bought anything at one. I guess we go for the free champagne! I'm glad you found things that you liked!

Bobbi

Thanks for sharing! I just returned home 4 hours ago from a week at BCV and already needed a Disney fix. I love your pictures! :)

I thought I was bad....;) The art pieces you have are awesome!! I love your headboard, also. Congratulations on your new purchases!

What great additions to your collection. And they fit the spaces you've chosen for them just perfectly! Love the headboard too!

Wow!! Robin and I absolutely love that painting mounted above the bed!
We would have purchased that in a heartbeat. Congrats on the find!

GREAT pics, Doc. We joined DVC in January and DH and I are going to start our DIS collection as well. Thanks for the inspiration and glad you found such nice pieces on your trip. Isn't it great to have something that brings daily smiles and wonderful memories? :goodvibes

Congrats on your purchase and thanks for sharing!!! They fit your home beautifully!!!

Doc: are those Mickey Head cabinet pulls on the cabinets of your headboard? If they are, may I ask where you can get those?

Thanks!! :goodvibes :goodvibes

Wow! Great collection. Congrats. An OKW inspired bath, huh, maybe DW and I can do an AKV inspired one. Could be fun!

Thank you for sharing! I would love to have more Disney art in my house but I have take it slow with DH.....he is starting to come around but I don't want to scare him :thumbsup2

Doc: are those Mickey Head cabinet pulls on the cabinets of your headboard? If they are, may I ask where you can get those?

Thanks!! :goodvibes :goodvibes

Yes, those are Mickey and Minnie cabinet pulls. I think we got those at WDW. There used to be a Disney At Home store at DD , but it is no longer there - replaced by Goofy's Candy Company across from RC. We got a number of nice Disney furniture pieces at that store over the years too and at that time there was a 10% discount for Magic Kingdom Club members.

The drawer pulls might be something available at Home Depot where they have the Disney paint collection now, but I haven't looked for them in a number of years now.

Love it Doc! Thanks for sharing some of your Disney home with us.

fan-tastic;) ! The 1st picture is perfection.

DH just finished re-painting our LR & hanging our Disney artwork in the LR he was wondering if we went overboard - cannot wait to show him your pics:thumbsup2

Great photos Doc. One can never have too much Disney in their home as far as I'm concerned.:goodvibes

I found some pulls in brushed nickel (pooh and friends) on Disney shopping. Its been awhile, but they might be a good place to look!

And Doc...we have a Disney wall too, but it has a bit of a story. Remember those lithographs that you got for free when you bought movies? I started framing them when my boys were young and hung them in the playroom. Now that room is a big TV room and the little boys are teens. We've added a nice quality art piece. It is a large black and white of Walt sitting in front of the Disneyland Castle. Then he is surrounded with animation of all of his characters from the time (when I was a girl.) (Forget what type of art it is.) The "freebies" all surround the nice piece.

When my teenagers take new friends down they tell them not to even "think" about trash-talking their mom's Disney wall!:lmao:

Yes, those are Mickey and Minnie cabinet pulls. I think we got those at WDW. There used to be a Disney At Home store at DD , but it is no longer there - replaced by Goofy's Candy Company across from RC. We got a number of nice Disney furniture pieces at that store over the years too and at that time there was a 10% discount for Magic Kingdom Club members.

The drawer pulls might be something available at Home Depot where they have the Disney paint collection now, but I haven't looked for them in a number of years now.

Thanks Doc! I will go on the hunt to find these pulls for our playroom cabinets.
Elizabeth

Fun purchases Doc! I like the Mickey Mouse lamp which appears to be the same one that's in the GF rooms.

I miss that store in DTD.:sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter