I haven't been this excited about my birthday since I turned 21! COMPLETE

I've always loved Shula's - although we never go there at Disney anymore as there is one 10 minutes from my house so I just stick to eating it there instead.

Glad you enjoyed your meal!

That looks awesome! And for me, if the steak is cooked the way I like it - nice and medium, I don't need a sauce. So I think this is going to work well for me! Do, I need to ask for the sauce on the side though? I see yours was in a small bowl on the side so I was wondering if you asked for it that way or if it just came that way.

And as for the sides, yummmmmmm. Me and DH have been dieting for over a year now and don't eat nearly like we used to so we will just have to get one side to share. And I love me some mashed potatoes! But the asparagus looks great as well. Oh, decisions, decisions.

But the best part really looked like dessert! Whoa.

Thanks for the great reviews Barb! I can't wait till we go again in 47 days. But who's counting. :rolleyes1

It's great that your Shula's experience was more positive overall this time. :) I don't know if we'll ever make it there (since we've been dining at the signatures less often), but maybe the chocolate soufflé will change that. :laughing:

As much as I want to try Shula's the prices are a bit off-putting. For $45 I would expect to receive a side with my entrée. Typically I dine alone and I can't picture myself ordering a large side.

It also seems odd that they don't offer you a choice of sauces. Many restaurants with seafood will offer at least 3 different choices for the final preparation.

Great review but probably not a place I will be trying any time soon!

Thanks for the review, Barb!

Serving sides à la carte, rather than included with the entrée, is standard practice for high end steakhouses. Shula's, Ruth's Chris, Morton's, Peter Luger, Bern's, Keens, Sparks, etc. They all do it. Disney steakhouses like Yachtsman are the exception not the rule.

The à la carte sides worked fine for a group, as we were able to try several of the options without wasting a lot of good food. However, I totally understand where Fran is coming from. I'm trying to decide if I will return to Shula's on my next trip just for this reason. If I do go I will probably be dining there by myself and the side dishes were way too big for one person. Even their baked potatoes were huge, as they should be for $9.00. ;) Anyway, I wish they offered an individual size portion or even a 1/2 portion. Has anyone been able to do this at Shula's? :confused3

The food looks delicious at Shula's. How would they feel if a couple shared everything, appetizer, entree, sides and dessert, rather than each ordering their own portion? The serving sizes look big enough to serve two people.

Sharing shouldn't be a problem. The first time that I went to Shula's, the three of us shared an appetizer, two soups, a couple of sides, and one dessert. My DH and I also shared the regular 12 oz. filet and our son ordered his own steak. We had no issues doing this and we all left quite full. :thumbsup2

What a lovely trip Barb so amazing! You finished with my treasured Irish Blessing : ) Being Irish myself you couldn't of ended your travel report more perfectly. Thanks so much for letting me peek inside your travels!
Looking forward to your upcoming F&W experiences

Take care,
Debby

Thanks Debby. :goodvibes Though I'm not quite yet finished with my report, Shula's was my last meal and the last time that I saw my friends. Therefore, it seemed like the end of my trip. :sad1:

What a great final meal, though I must say $45 for the small filet does sound a but steep. Of course unlike your other meals if appears to be cooked to perfection. And the desserts look absolutely divine.

Yes, Shula's is definitely expensive but all in all I would say that it is worth it. :thumbsup2

Happy to hear that Shula's delivered this time and you enjoyed your meal. The chocolate souffle and lava cake are both making my mouth water, they look completely decadent. Great ending to an awesome dining report Barb! I look forward to reading about your October adventures! :goodvibes

Thanks Carol! I look forward to reading about yours too. ;)

I've always loved Shula's - although we never go there at Disney anymore as there is one 10 minutes from my house so I just stick to eating it there instead.

Glad you enjoyed your meal!

Oh, I wish I had a Shula's nearby. Although my bank account is probably a lot better off since there is not. :laughing:

That looks awesome! And for me, if the steak is cooked the way I like it - nice and medium, I don't need a sauce. So I think this is going to work well for me! Do, I need to ask for the sauce on the side though? I see yours was in a small bowl on the side so I was wondering if you asked for it that way or if it just came that way.

And as for the sides, yummmmmmm. Me and DH have been dieting for over a year now and don't eat nearly like we used to so we will just have to get one side to share. And I love me some mashed potatoes! But the asparagus looks great as well. Oh, decisions, decisions.

But the best part really looked like dessert! Whoa.

Thanks for the great reviews Barb! I can't wait till we go again in 47 days. But who's counting. :rolleyes1

IMO they don't put enough seasoning on their steaks so they need the sauce, which I think is usually served on the side...not sure about the Steak Mary Anne though. And while the asparagus was good, if I had to choose just one I would definitely pick the mashed potatoes. Oh, and definitely leave some room for dessert. :thumbsup2

It's great that your Shula's experience was more positive overall this time. :) I don't know if we'll ever make it there (since we've been dining at the signatures less often), but maybe the chocolate soufflé will change that. :laughing:

The lava cake was good, but my heart still belongs to the chocolate soufflé. Yum!! :love:

For the final review of my dining report, I'll be returning one more time to the...

I had just enough time to pay a quick visit for a breakfast snack before heading to the airport.

There were a few things that caught my eye and were strongly considered, like a danish...

...or a sticky bun.

But ultimately I went with one of my Boardwalk Bakery favorites, a blueberry muffin.

Such a simple thing, but one that has never failed me. It's always moist and delicious. :thumbsup2

So anyway, I took my muffin and coffee and returned to my room to have my final Disney breakfast. I was though tempted to sit down at one of the tables in front of the bakery to enjoy one of my favorite views at Disney World. However, I was afraid that if I did this I might be tempted to board this boat to DHS...

...instead of this bus to the airport. ;)

And with that my reviews are complete. I'll finish up my report soon with a quick review of my dining highlights and just a few lowlights. But until then, here's one last photo from the Boardwalk boat dock...

Next up: The Wrap-up

Your muffin looks yummy ... And glad your doing an overall review at the end. Yeah I went back and read the fine print (( old eyes here)) and saw you were doing boardwalk bakery : )

What a Great last dinner with a exceptional group of people! So glad your steak was redeemed with the good sauce to go on top. The desserts look amazing as well as the sides. Too bad that place is it on the dining plan. I'm excited for you and your October trip I'm sure you have a great lineup planned.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Great TR Barb! Can't wait for October and to hear all about your F&W Fest Fun!

Until then. . . . .:wave2:

Another wonderful dining report Barb
I'm happy that we still have the wrap up to look forward to and even more happy that your next dining report will not be too far away :cool1:

I applaud you for sticking with a tried and true favourite for your last Disney meal, you just can't go wrong with a well-made blueberry muffin. :thumbsup2

Looking forward to the wrap up! :goodvibes

Good to see you going out on such a "sweet" note. Sad it's coming to an end but looking forward to your wrap up.

Nice dinner at Shula's for sure. I'm still not sure I'm sold on steakhouses at WDW though :confused3 I'm just not sure the price / time is worth it. Here in the SF Bay Area we have a lot of great steakhouses so I'm not sure that's what I want to spend my Disney $ on :) I love the Irish Blessing at the end of your post :goodvibes

Love the pictures of the beautiful Boardwalk area. One of the prettiest areas in all of WDW.

Your steak from Shulas looks just perfect. It has given me a craving! And the breakfast offerings from the Boardwalk Bakery look very inviting.

It makes me sad that your report is almost finished, but I am consoled knowing you've got another trip soon. Here's hoping you'll do another report.:thumbsup2

Hi Barb! Getting caught up with your wonderful dining updates!

Starting with CA Grill: Sorry you didn't love that soup. It certainly didn't look like something that I'd say was worth slurping on my spoon. And the bread... I couldn't agree more. Just sayin'.

Captain's Grille: Comparing our two reviews I think we are in agreement. Not the best breakfast that I've had either. It was good to see Patty and Emme though. I think Michael was absent from our photos since at the end he went back to our BW room and fetched my MB since my ankle was still sore from my little incident the night before.

50's PT: Oh my gosh! Like our December dinner there, this was a hilarious meal. Cindy was the perfect counter point to our crazy group. Poor Marissa, she may have been wondering what she got herself into.

I'd forgotten about that leg pop kiss pose that Michael and I had after lunch. Thanks for sharing that. I know it's different seeing me getting kissed by my hubby and not Mayors or French restaurant managers! :lmao:

Shula's: Sorry you didn't love the steak or the bearnaise. I am a bearnaise sauce lover otherwise I'd have a similar opinion I'm sure. I LOVE their mashed potatoes there. My favorite though was the twice-baked potato dish that Paula and Hunter ordered.

Your Irish blessing was so sweet and perfect. Thanks for thinking of us.

BW Bakery: Oh, so many great photos!

Barb I loved your Irish blessing! That was perfect. :hug:

I will be excited to read about your October adventures. Wish I was there with you guys!

I love that your last meal was from one of your favorite places at your favorite resort. :goodvibes The BW Bakery will be a definite stop on my next trip, since we'll be staying at BWV (I was checking the DVC website the other day and there was availability for 2 nights in a Boardwalk view studio - during F&W)! It's a short trip, but we couldn't say no to that. :laughing: Just 7 weeks to go!

Your muffin looks yummy ... And glad your doing an overall review at the end. Yeah I went back and read the fine print (( old eyes here)) and saw you were doing boardwalk bakery

No worries Debby. Technically Shula's was my last meal. The Boardwalk Bakery review was just a snack really. ;) I'll try to get this dining report wrapped up hopefully tonight or tomorrow, so please stay tuned. :)

What a Great last dinner with a exceptional group of people! So glad your steak was redeemed with the good sauce to go on top. The desserts look amazing as well as the sides. Too bad that place is it on the dining plan. I'm excited for you and your October trip I'm sure you have a great lineup planned.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

My last two meals of the trip were both great so I was happy to end this trip on a high note. :thumbsup2 And although Shula's is not on the DDP, they do accept TIW for a 20% discount. If they should ever stop accepting TIW, I would definitely have to reconsider my plans to dine there in the future. :worried:

So sad that your report is done, Barb, but definitely looking forward to your October reports!

Thanks for reading, Fran! I arrive at Disney World eight weeks from today. :hyper:

Great TR Barb! Can't wait for October and to hear all about your F&W Fest Fun!

Until then. . . . .:wave2:

Thanks Chris! It looks like you will be there about 3 weeks before me. I wish our trips overlapped. :worried: But I hope you have a great anniversary trip! :goodvibes

Another wonderful dining report Barb
I'm happy that we still have the wrap up to look forward to and even more happy that your next dining report will not be too far away :cool1:

And I'm very happy that you will be making some guest appearances in my next dining report! :thumbsup2

I applaud you for sticking with a tried and true favourite for your last Disney meal, you just can't go wrong with a well-made blueberry muffin.

Looking forward to the wrap up!

Thanks Carol! I should get to the wrap up soon. :thumbsup2

Good to see you going out on such a "sweet" note. Sad it's coming to an end but looking forward to your wrap up.

Thanks for following along, Kari! :)

Nice dinner at Shula's for sure. I'm still not sure I'm sold on steakhouses at WDW though :confused3 I'm just not sure the price / time is worth it. Here in the SF Bay Area we have a lot of great steakhouses so I'm not sure that's what I want to spend my Disney $ on. I love the Irish Blessing at the end of your post

The best steakhouse in my area is Outback :laughing:, so I'm always looking for a good steakhouse when on vacation since I love a good filet. However I can't really complain about Outback. For $22.99 I can get a pretty good 8 oz. filet with two sides, while an 8 oz. filet (no sides) at Shula's is almost double the price. :eek:

Love the pictures of the beautiful Boardwalk area. One of the prettiest areas in all of WDW.

Your steak from Shulas looks just perfect. It has given me a craving! And the breakfast offerings from the Boardwalk Bakery look very inviting.

It makes me sad that your report is almost finished, but I am consoled knowing you've got another trip soon. Here's hoping you'll do another report.:thumbsup2

Thanks Rachel! I will definitely be doing a dining report. :thumbsup2

Hi Barb! Getting caught up with your wonderful dining updates!

Starting with CA Grill: Sorry you didn't love that soup. It certainly didn't look like something that I'd say was worth slurping on my spoon. And the bread... I couldn't agree more. Just sayin'.

Captain's Grille: Comparing our two reviews I think we are in agreement. Not the best breakfast that I've had either. It was good to see Patty and Emme though. I think Michael was absent from our photos since at the end he went back to our BW room and fetched my MB since my ankle was still sore from my little incident the night before.

50's PT: Oh my gosh! Like our December dinner there, this was a hilarious meal. Cindy was the perfect counter point to our crazy group. Poor Marissa, she may have been wondering what she got herself into.

I'd forgotten about that leg pop kiss pose that Michael and I had after lunch. Thanks for sharing that. I know it's different seeing me getting kissed by my hubby and not Mayors or French restaurant managers! :lmao:

Shula's: Sorry you didn't love the steak or the bearnaise. I am a bearnaise sauce lover otherwise I'd have a similar opinion I'm sure. I LOVE their mashed potatoes there. My favorite though was the twice-baked potato dish that Paula and Hunter ordered.

Your Irish blessing was so sweet and perfect. Thanks for thinking of us.

BW Bakery: Oh, so many great photos!

Barb I loved your Irish blessing! That was perfect.

I will be excited to read about your October adventures. Wish I was there with you guys!

Welcome back Brenda! Well actually you have been back for awhile, I'm the one that's been missing for the last couple of weeks. ;) Anyway, I'm very sad that you won't be along on my next Disney adventure. :worried: Are you sure you wouldn't reconsider? :flower3:

I love that your last meal was from one of your favorite places at your favorite resort. :goodvibes The BW Bakery will be a definite stop on my next trip, since we'll be staying at BWV (I was checking the DVC website the other day and there was availability for 2 nights in a Boardwalk view studio - during F&W)! It's a short trip, but we couldn't say no to that. :laughing: Just 7 weeks to go!

Yay! So happy to hear that you are going to the F & W Festival. Hopefully you will be doing some live reports??? ::yes:: I only wish that you were going to be there at the same time as me. Looks like we will miss each other by a few weeks. :worried:

I arrive at Disney World eight weeks from today. :hyper:

We arrive eight weeks from tomorrow. :) Are you going to write a pre-trip report or a list of where you plan to eat? We don't have very many ADR's planned but it would be fun to meet you. :)

We arrive eight weeks from tomorrow. :) Are you going to write a pre-trip report or a line of where you plan to eat? We don't have very many ADR's planned but it would be fun to meet you. :)

Hi Sue! :) I just read your PM. I really hope that our paths do cross in October. I'll definitely be on the lookout for you. I'm not sure if I'll be posting a dining schedule in my pre-trip report. Since I'll be dining solo a lot on this trip, my plans will likely change frequently...which will actually be kind of fun. :laughing: But I'll send you a PM soon with my general plans as of now. Hopefully this will increase our chances of bumping into each other. :thumbsup2

Since I'll be dining solo a lot on this trip, my plans will likely change frequently...which will actually be kind of fun. :laughing: But I'll send you a PM soon with my general plans as of now. Hopefully this will increase our chances of bumping into each other. :thumbsup2
Great. We'll have to make it happen. :) We've decided to leave our plans a little flexible, too. It is a lot more fun that way. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter