• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I have how many food pix? Time for a dining review!! Completed!

We had a great time here in January - brought a friend for her first visit. Of course, she was on her BlackBerry talking to someone at home and our server couldn't let that go. She yanked the phone, chatted a while and then had the entire restaurant yell "Hi Debbie! Wish you were here!"

Also - here is what you get when you request a "large ice water"

wcc-largeicewater.jpg

The chocolate shake there (delicious!!!) is a good comparison of size. I am proud to say I drank half of that jug o' water.

DS ordered mac and cheese, watermelon and a cookie for dinner:

wdwkidsmacandcheese.jpg

The rest of us went with the skillet dinner. Starting with corn bread:

wcccornbread.jpg

DS loves this!

Salad with a vinaigrette....very good!

wccsald.jpg

wccplatter2.jpg

chicken, ribs, pork, shrimp, potatoes, corn...very good!

No dessert this night - we used the DDE and were way too full for more food.

As usual, love this place!

This was FANTASTIC!!! We had picked WCC, because the menu was so traditional and Wilderness Lodge is so perfect for the holidays. I was able to get us in around 6:30 or so and we were seated in the back area overlooking the DVC desk and the back of the lodge. It felt like being seated in someone's dining room and was great. The atmosphere was casual and fun, but not over the top...it felt like a holiday.

The menu:

wccmenu.jpg

This meal was so very, very good!! We skipped the bleu cheese on the salad (I'm allergic!) and it was good enough that with a chicken breast it could be a main entree salad. DH loved the turkey and gravy, I really liked the ham and we got lots of seconds. Dessert was a very traditional pumpkin pie and was absolutely perfect. I would do this again for Thanksgiving any year!

DS's smoothie - he loved this:

wccsmoothie.jpg

More cornbread:

wcccornbread-1.jpg

The delicious salad:

wccsaladII.jpg

wccsalad.jpg

Platter #1 after we pillaged it:

wccplatter.jpg

Some of the food on my plate:

wccthanksgiving.jpg

Seconds:

wccplatterseconds.jpg

Dessert:

wccpumpkinpie.jpg

Overall, a fantastic meal!

I'm done with the meals and on to the assorted snacks and single items...

DH is from Chicago and hates this photo. He doesn't believe ketchup belongs anywhere near a hot dog. I say it's good. So here we have a fantastic Casey's hotdog, fries and hot cheese sauce that DS and I shared one night at the MK.

Caseys.jpg

The cheese sauce from the fixings bar is so good with the fries, and we always love the hot dogs. A great late night snack/dinner.

Oh what am I saying? This is great anytime of the day!

The Shawarma Platter with lamb.

morocco.jpg

I was SO disappointed!!! We have this amazing good Greek restaurant at home and I love the lamb and tzaziki sauce there. Because of this, I have always wanted to try this platter. Maybe it was an off day, but the meat was really greasy, it had very little sauce, and the hummus was boring...not garlicky or anything. :( The service was also really bad too. They seemed put out that I didn't know exactly where to go to do everything and talked to themselves in Arabic (I assume?) constantly. DS and I ate outside just to get out of the atmosphere.

But now I can cross this off my list.

I've finally made it all the way through. OMG - glad I was eating a bagel while reading or I'd be starving right now.

Our next trip is so very far away (we're talking years), but I'm going to try to follow your future reports to keep up to date on what the best places are to dine.

I'm done with the meals and on to the assorted snacks and single items...

DH is from Chicago and hates this photo. He doesn't believe ketchup belongs anywhere near a hot dog. I say it's good. So here we have a fantastic Casey's hotdog, fries and hot cheese sauce that DS and I shared one night at the MK.

The cheese sauce from the fixings bar is so good with the fries, and we always love the hot dogs. A great late night snack/dinner.

Oh what am I saying? This is great anytime of the day!

I smear my hot dogs with ketchup....it's the only way to eat them!! :thumbsup2

Oh, that reminds me, I agree with your husband although I've never been to Chicago. I can't stand ketchup and almost never use it, and certainly not on a hot dog. In fact, I don't even think we have any in the house because I just won't use it. Hot dogs are mustard and onions. Everything else that most people use ketchup on, I replace it with BBQ sauce.

Oh, that reminds me, I agree with your husband although I've never been to Chicago. I can't stand ketchup and almost never use it, and certainly not on a hot dog. In fact, I don't even think we have any in the house because I just won't use it. Hot dogs are mustard and onions. Everything else that most people use ketchup on, I replace it with BBQ sauce.

mustard and onions on hotdogs and BBQ on everything else?

If I wasn't in the way, DH would probably marry you! :rotfl:

(And I'll admit this, but there is nothing like a real Chicago hot dog: mustard, tomato, cucumber, onion, scary bright green relish, sport peppers, a dill pickle spear and celery salt. Sounds very strange, but awesome. Oh yes - Vienna sausage with a steamed poppyseed bun. Can't forget that ;) )

In case anyone is wondering what the cookies and cocoa from the Christmas party - here you go! The cocoa is very hot, but good and the cookie is your basic butter sugar cooking with sprinkles.

Watching the Christmas parade while eating and drinking makes it taste like heaven though. ;)

mvmcpcookies.jpg

mvmcpcocao.jpg

DH and I almost bought this in China for a friend of ours. I have absolutely no clue what it is...:confused3

china.jpg

YUM!!! ( :scared1: )

I am loving your reviews, thanks for sharing. That last picture is scary though :scared1:

Laur's princess:

Ah, dried salted fish and shrimp from Japan.

I've had it. It was odd. But don't believe every person from Japan chokes those down... its more like a.... required taste? :lmao:

The food looks great! We are thinking of Whispering Canyon their food looks wonderful. I'm hungry now, I feel I just gained 20 lbs. just from looking.

snacks at Goofy's Candy Company - we got some of the fudge to bring back to the room - SO good!:

Goofys.jpg

Gelato at Beack Club Marketplace - this is really good. We tried a few flavors, including the Christmas egg nog and the exotic fruit. The eggnog was pretty good, but the fruit was better. The CM didn't understand that we wanted two and she put them in the same cup. Individually, very good. The mixed parts? Not so much...:sad2:

bcmarketplacegelato.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter