I got my BOG ADR!!!!

I got one too!!! Jan 26th @ 5:45 I can't believe it. Had me on hold for a long time. But I got one.

I also had a nightmare that I slept through my alarm and by the time I got up all the ADR's were taken!! :lmao:

My nightmare came true. By the time I was able to reach CRO to make the reservation, all had been taken for late November and first 2 weeks in December. I was at work and my 15 minute break and 30 minute lunch were not long enough as I was on hold until I had to get back. When I finally got through all were taken. Hopefully I'll snag someones canceled dates. I have hardly seen anyone post my dates here, so most must have been done from other boards and/or sheer luck when booking their ADR's with an agent. I'm still steaming mad about it.....:furious:

Next new restaurant that opens up I'm going to have to schedule a half-day off to make it.

My nightmare came true. By the time I was able to reach CRO to make the reservation, all had been taken for late November and first 2 weeks in December. I was at work and my 15 minute break and 30 minute lunch were not long enough as I was on hold until I had to get back. When I finally got through all were taken. Hopefully I'll snag someones canceled dates. I have hardly seen anyone post my dates here, so most must have been done from other boards and/or sheer luck when booking their ADR's with an agent. I'm still steaming mad about it.....:furious:

Next new restaurant that opens up I'm going to have to schedule a half-day off to make it.

Lots of ADR"s weren't open in Nov and Dec. due to the MVMCP (Xmas party). They open for reservations at 4pm and take the last one at 5pm on these party dates. We used 4 phones (1 land and 3 iphones ) to get through this morning. we started at 6:55 and got through at 7:30. We were on hold for....
an hour and a half!! We put the phone that went through on speaker and listened to the disney soundtrack over and over again!

We got a res. for 12-14 at 4:10. Now i need to order a dairy free cake for my daughter from Babycakes in DD to be delivered at Be Our Guest.

Don't give up, a $10 deposit is required, so people will cancel! Good luck!

i got a ressie for 2 on 11/24 @ 710 pm.

i got a second ressie for 2 on 12/16 @ 450 before MVMCP.

it took 65 redials and 15 random calls at work to book through the automated system only to spend an additional 58 minutes to add my cc# to the ressie (which cancelled the original ressie to which the CM rebooked for the exact original ADR). PHEW! :worship:

i am very excited!!! :banana:

I was looking at my reservation and see that they take regular dining plan this year. But, it looks like it will change next year. Am I correct in this? Also, there isn't any price listed on the menu. Does anybody know what type of restaurant this will be? Will this be like a wedding where they ask what we want on the menu and serve the mass and we all leave at the same time for the next group? Just wondering.....:surfweb:

Wow! I guess I am luckier than I thought. Called starting at 6:59 a.m. EST and got through about 7:20 a.m. Got ressie for party of 7, 11/27 for 5:25 p.m. So excited!!

Sorry to those that didn't get through...hope you get in on a canceled ressie. :)

I have another question that I hope someone can help. :)
I have never done any restaurant with credit card guarantees before. This is my first. I was just looking at my credit card online and saw that they charged $1. Does anybody know why and what that's for? Thanks!:surfweb:

I have another question that I hope someone can help. :)
I have never done any restaurant with credit card guarantees before. This is my first. I was just looking at my credit card online and saw that they charged $1. Does anybody know why and what that's for? Thanks!:surfweb:

Sounds like an authorization hold by Disney. They do this to ensure that the card you're using is open and active in case they need to charge the card should you fail to show up for the reservation. When I've booked online with my debit card, I've never received the authorization hold.

17 minutes and counting.... dialing fingers are warmed up and ready for battle.

LOL. It went from "we're closed" to "All circuits are busy.":rotfl: Got through on U.K. number quickly though. Still no availability for my dates. :sad1:

I am one of the ones who could not get through yesterday. I was able to get through this morning but no availability for the first week in December.

Got mine yesterday after about 50 minutes of straight redialing. Party of 8 on 11/19 at 5:35.

Has anyone else that got one encountered a sort of anti-climax where no one in the real world really understands or appreciates what we went through yesterday?

Has anyone else that got one encountered a sort of anti-climax where no one in the real world really understands or appreciates what we went through yesterday?

LOL! Who, moi????? :rolleyes1

I was lucky yesterday. We're travelling (and dining) with friends, so I got to talk to my equally Disney obsessed friend MANY times yesterday! I even took a drive across town to the Disney store to pick up stuffed Beasts for both of us!

My husband told me last week I was totally exaggerating about this he saw no reason I needed him to be dialing also. After all, how many people out there even know this is happening? :rotfl2:

I had my cell on speaker as I was calling for 45 minutes at 7 AM. When he heard he first busy signal, and then an "all circuits are busy", he was shocked. He was like "there are enough people calling to crash the Disney phone lines? How many people is that??" He thought it was just a limited number of agents to pick up phones, and I had to explain, no, this was enough people to keep an automated system completely full for hours on end.

He was also confused as to why I booked AOA Little Mermaid eight months in advance of Marathon weekend (which a few weeks later was completely booked up). Non-Disney people don't understand. :rotfl:

Got mine yesterday after about 50 minutes of straight redialing. Party of 8 on 11/19 at 5:35.

1. can we talk about my blood pressure this am compared to yesterday? And I wasn't really 'invested' like many of you

2. I find myself out sorts this am! LIke, what was my life about before yesterday?? What is my normal routine again???

ejrj said:
1. can we talk about my blood pressure this am compared to yesterday? And I wasn't really 'invested' like many of you

2. I find myself out sorts this am! LIke, what was my life about before yesterday?? What is my normal routine again???

Omg, me too! I feel so peaceful today xD It's like the calm after the storm over here at work. I'm not obsessing and whining anymore!

I was shocked just a few minutes ago when I was able to get a reservation for 11/19 at 7:20 for 3. I was hoping for 11/21 but there was nothing, but it will be nice to be there opening night! I know the pain it is to get the choice restaurants, and I've spent many many hours trying to book things for our trips over the years. So for this to basically fall into my lap, I feel incredibly lucky. . . :thumbsup2 Now let's hope they have something my son will eat!!

We will be there on the 11th too! 4:05 for us!

And funny thing is...I didn't realize that we will also be there 12-12-12 until I saw your siggie...never even occurred to me!

We also have a reservation on 12/11 at 4:05!! :wave2: See you there! Don't take our table. :rotfl2:

I was lucky enough to get my preferred day and time at BOG. 2/12/13 at 5:45. And my best friend, and fellow Disney lover, was able to get hers! We were fbing all morning. We totally wanted to throw a party and celebrate, but we are on vacation in Maine and she is back in upstate NY. After all of yesterday's drama, this morning felt like a let down. :rotfl:

Did anyone else find that it was easier to get thru using a "land line" in lieu of a cel?? (prob just coincidence)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter