• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I DON'T Walk. A kids rule May 2015 TR *Completed 2/13*

That's nice that Joe and Connor got to hang out by themselves while you were back at the room.

That was really nice of that guy to give you the Death Star cube. Disney does bring out the good in people.

I heard some mixed reviews about that Star Wars dining experience but I'm glad you guys had a great time.

I was a little apprehensive about the service because I know it can be hit or miss, but our cousin was fantastic, very attentive and friendly. She brought the boys mac and cheese and chicken tenders. Joe and I had the standard fare. I did not get any pictures because we were having too much fun enjoying the food. Everything was on point and delicious. Joe declared this as his favorite Disney restaurant and asked we come back every time. The boys actually behaved the entire time and had so much fun listening to the entertainer and saying Aloha over and over.
Sounds like a very successful meal! Glad the evening went so well!

The movie is sooo good! wow Izzy saw the movie too? Was she scared? My friend took her kids (8 and 4 yrs old) - and they were scared!
No, she wasn't scared - Dug has taught her how to "be brave" with the scary parts, I guess. She loves Rey and generally enjoyed it (I have yet to see it...:rotfl:)

We got all six on blu ray and re-watched them before the trip and that combined with following the SWW DISboard thread religiously, lead me to become a fan myself.
Yeah, that thread can really get you excited for everything, whether or not you are a Star Wars fan. For me, I don't really consider myself a big fan, but getting in on all the fun and special things they were doing at DHS was very exciting to me as a Disney fan.

Getting to meet Chewie :chewy: was the main reason they woke up so early and it paid off because at 8:11 they were meeting him and an ewok :ewok:. The ewok is significant because they usually weren’t out until after the parade.
Wow, they did a great job! We were there at rope drop, but didn't meet him until 8:45am. We were very happy to see the ewok too!

I spotted Dugette, Dug, and Izze standing in line. This was my first DIS meet and I was so excited I forgot a picture:sad2:.
I know!! Afterwards, I was like, "Oh no, we didn't get a picture! And, as they say on the DIS, "pictures or it didn't happen". :sad2: I guess we will just have to meet up in Disney again some day to rectify this. :rotfl:

I got to chat with her and her husband about their trip so far, they had arrived the day before. It was nice to share experiences of dealing with difficult toddlers :hug:. She and her husband were so lovely to talk to and I am so glad I met them.
It was great chatting with you too! :goodvibes Sure made our wait go by faster! Thanks for coming over to visit with us!

James was even Boba Fett for Halloween.

Aw, that's cute!

I had slept longer then I meant to and was in such a rush to leave I left our premium passes in the room :sad2:.
Uh oh. :scared:

I let James play with the glow cube, but warned him it was not a bouncy ball and to not throw it. This promptly set him off to which his response was to throw it:mad:. It of course broke and he cried.
Of course. :headache: We got all three too and they are so toy-like, yet so fragile. (Still in tact, though - safely on a high shelf in Izzy's room).

A young guy probably around 21 saw the whole thing happen and came over and handed me his death star glow cube. I was so taken aback that not only he was kind enough to do this, but it’s not as if my son’s behavior warranted such generosity. I asked him if he was sure and thanked him profusely.
Wow, how awesome. pixiedust: Disney magic was working with him.

Even though I had no idea what it would be, I snatched up an ADR as soon as they became available, because as long as it was Star Wars, I figured we would like it.
Haha, that's how we ended up with two ADRs there - without even knowing what it was. :rotfl:

Unfortunately, they tried to seat us outside (it was HOT) and at a high top table. I tried to explain how it would be very difficult to have this type of seating arrangement with a baby in a high chair.
Geez, how did she not understand the problem with a high-top table? :confused3 Not even just with the baby, but you don't want a small child toppling out of a higher than average chair either. :sad2: Glad they found another table for you.

I spotted @Yullilin sitting with her daughter. She did such a wonderful job maintaining the SWW thread and which is the main reason I was able to make the day so successful. I was unsure if I should go up to her because I was pretty much a lurker on the thread only asking one question to which Yullin kindly responded. While we were waiting to order, I decided to just go over. She was so sweet and nice. I really just thought it was important to thank her for all her hard work. It was so nice to chat with her and her daughter for a few minutes and I was glad I went over to say hello.
I had to do the same thing - I didn't post a ton either, but I had to thank her. She made so many peoples' trips so much better by running that fantastic thread. She did a great job.

While we waited for our food the Cantina band came out for some meets. This wasn't a character meal per say, but the description said that it was a hang out for lot of different creatures and they would be passing through. We only got these guys but I did see reports later during SWW of other characters.
Very cool! In our two ADRs, we didn't have a single character. But we still had a great time.

What a fun day! I'm hoping they will recreate the original Cantina for the new Star Wars Land. I'm sure it will be a hard ADR to get if they do though!

It seems like Joe and Connor had a fun afternoon! I'm sad that SWW are basically gone but I hope they bring back some of this when Star Wars Land opens in a few years.

How nice of that young guy to give you the cube thing (is that what it was?). That's really a nice Disney magic moment!

That's very cool that you were among the first diners at the Rebel Hanger. I love of the themed dishes!

Seems like a great day at SWW! Getting to check out the Rebel hanger, and see so many shows/panels is great! It's nice that Joe and Conor got some alone time at SWW!!

I would have been annoyed about the high top table too, it like she didn't even think... Happy you for a new spot and it was inside!

What a nice person to give you his ice cube! Nice to get some pixi dust from a guest!

Seems like the trip is moving along nicely!

When I left off, the boys and I were back at the hotel napping and Joe and Connor stayed in the park for more SWW. I am not too sure what Joe and Connor did during their free time, but I have some pictures.
It looks like they were having fun... doing whatever they were doing.

Joe texted me this picture a little before 1 asking me what he should get. I had expressed interest in trying to collect the death star and millennium falcon glow cubes and I think he went with the Tattoine and got the Millennium Falcon cube.
Um... 1 of each!

Joe and Connor both really enjoyed the show from everything I heard. After the show they had some time before the next one to get another popcorn bucket. It’s not as if the two boxes from the motorcade should have been enough:rolleyes:. I actually think he just really wanted the bucket.
Those buckets are pretty awesome.

I let James play with the glow cube, but warned him it was not a bouncy ball and to not throw it. This promptly set him off to which his response was to throw it:mad:. It of course broke and he cried. A young guy probably around 21 saw the whole thing happen and came over and handed me his death star glow cube.
You say: "Don't throw it."
He hears: "How far do you think you can throw that thing?"

Never fails.

The experience’s first day was this day and the first reservations were for 4 o’clock so we were literally some of the first guests to get to do this, which I thought was pretty cool:cool2:.
That really is cool! You get to be one of the first to take pictures to post for those suckers stuck at home just wishing they could be there.

Shortly after we checked in, Joe and Connor met up with us. We didn’t have to wait long and we were being sat. Unfortunately, they tried to seat us outside (it was HOT) and at a high top table. I tried to explain how it would be very difficult to have this type of seating arrangement with a baby in a high chair. The hostess seemed annoyed which annoyed me. I was a hostess for 3 years and know how annoying it is when a guest refuses to be sat at certain tables and I have never once asked to be changed just because I didn’t like the table, but this request is pretty much common sense. We would all be higher up than the baby and what are we supposed to do shove him under the table and pretend he’s not there:rotfl2:? I didn’t even say anything about outside (I would have sat there if it was a regular height table) just that we needed to be at a normal table. With very little wait we were being shown to a table inside (yay:thumbsup2) and that was regular height (double yay:banana:). I have never been inside Backlot Express, but I was pretty impressed with how fast they transformed it to the Rebel Hanger.
That really stinks, but I'm glad that they finally ended up working with you and found you a better table.

While we waited for our food the Cantina band came out for some meets. This wasn't a character meal per say, but the description said that it was a hang out for lot of different creatures and they would be passing through. We only got these guys but I did see reports later during SWW of other characters.
That's a neat touch. I never even realized there were characters there! Too bad the band didn't perform.

We basically ended up sharing everything with each other so we all got a little of everything. It was all really good and we had a fun time here. I hope a version of this is something to look forward to in the new Star Wars land.
I'm glad you got to check it out. It really does look very interesting. Hopefully they can continue with this idea in the new Star Wars land.

That's nice that Joe and Connor got to hang out by themselves while you were back at the room.
It was nice, I enjoyed that nap immensely.

That was really nice of that guy to give you the Death Star cube. Disney does bring out the good in people.
apparently not my children though :rotfl2:

I heard some mixed reviews about that Star Wars dining experience but I'm glad you guys had a great time.
Yeah we enjoyed it, was it the best, no, but considering it was a dumpy counter service turned "lounge" I thought they did a good job.

I'm loving your report!
:thanks:

No, she wasn't scared - Dug has taught her how to "be brave" with the scary parts, I guess. She loves Rey and generally enjoyed it (I have yet to see it...:rotfl:)
That's awesome. I am so happy little girls have Rey to love now, I love her too :goodvibes. I've seen in twice, no shame:bitelip:

Yeah, that thread can really get you excited for everything, whether or not you are a Star Wars fan. For me, I don't really consider myself a big fan, but getting in on all the fun and special things they were doing at DHS was very exciting to me as a Disney fan.
Its funny, because I was kind of dreading going but that thread totally changed my mind and now I am fan of Star Wars too, maybe not a HUGE fan like I am of Disney of Harry Potter, but a fun nonetheless.

Wow, they did a great job! We were there at rope drop, but didn't meet him until 8:45am. We were very happy to see the ewok too!
The Ewok was a nice surprise, I have no idea how they got there so quickly:confused3.

I know!! Afterwards, I was like, "Oh no, we didn't get a picture! And, as they say on the DIS, "pictures or it didn't happen". :sad2: I guess we will just have to meet up in Disney again some day to rectify this. :rotfl:
Yes, another DISmeet is in order

It was great chatting with you too! :goodvibes Sure made our wait go by faster! Thanks for coming over to visit with us!
It was so nice to meet you guys :wave2:

Of course. :headache: We got all three too and they are so toy-like, yet so fragile. (Still in tact, though - safely on a high shelf in Izzy's room).
What's funny about this is the day after I posted that story, James and Connor were playing with them and James had the "broken" one working :rotfl2:

Haha, that's how we ended up with two ADRs there - without even knowing what it was. :rotfl:
:lmao:I didn't realize you had two there.

Geez, how did she not understand the problem with a high-top table? :confused3 Not even just with the baby, but you don't want a small child toppling out of a higher than average chair either. :sad2: Glad they found another table for you.
:eek: Okay, I hadn't even thought about the little guys falling, good thing we moved.

Very cool! In our two ADRs, we didn't have a single character. But we still had a great time.
That's a bummer, the cantina guys were milling almost the entire time we were in there :confused3

What a fun day! I'm hoping they will recreate the original Cantina for the new Star Wars Land. I'm sure it will be a hard ADR to get if they do though!
Can you imagine??? Probably harder than Cinderella's Royal Table or BOG combined :faint:

It seems like Joe and Connor had a fun afternoon! I'm sad that SWW are basically gone but I hope they bring back some of this when Star Wars Land opens in a few years.
Me too :sad1:. As undoubtedly awesome SW Land will be, I don't think they will be bale to bring that kind of spirit or energy simply based on the fact that it was a HUGE group of super fans there for a limited time event. Ah well, SW Land will be worth it.

How nice of that young guy to give you the cube thing (is that what it was?). That's really a nice Disney magic moment!
:goodvibes Love pixie dusted moments

That's very cool that you were among the first diners at the Rebel Hanger. I love of the themed dishes!
They were so fun and delicious too

Seems like a great day at SWW! Getting to check out the Rebel hanger, and see so many shows/panels is great! It's nice that Joe and Conor got some alone time at SWW!!
It was so nice for them, we never would gotten all that done with the two littles in tow.

I would have been annoyed about the high top table too, it like she didn't even think... Happy you for a new spot and it was inside!
Me too the A/C was much needed

It looks like they were having fun... doing whatever they were doing.
:rotfl2:

Um... 1 of each!
Yes please :drinking1

Those buckets are pretty awesome.
Wait until you see the other one we got :thumbsup2

You say: "Don't throw it."
He hears: "How far do you think you can throw that thing?"
:rotfl:

That really is cool! You get to be one of the first to take pictures to post for those suckers stuck at home just wishing they could be there.
Take that losers :P

That's a neat touch. I never even realized there were characters there! Too bad the band didn't perform.
Now that would have been awesome

I'm glad you got to check it out. It really does look very interesting. Hopefully they can continue with this idea in the new Star Wars land.
I think it is what they are going for in the new land. As I understand it, this will be a new planet that is a kind of gathering place planet, in order to explain why you would find all sorts of creatures there and that was pretty much the premise of the hanger too.

Day 7: Part 4
A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away

After dinner, Joe offered to take James with him and go back to CBR for our lanyards:worship:. I also asked him to pick up our portable charger and a new t-shirt for Connor. With it just being the three of us, I thought it would be fun to try and get more meets in since Joe and Connor only got to two. We got in line for Queen Amidala and had fun chatting with a mom and a gir,l a little older the Connor, dressed as Leia. Amidala left right before our meet, but we had fun talking to the CM. All the character attendants during SWW wore red instead of blue, which I thought was interesting. I chatted with the CM about her job and she said she loved it. She said she was lucky to get to do what she loves every day:lovestruc. Typically, she is with princesses so she liked the change of pace SWW offered. I love chatting with CMs that love what they do. Amidala came out shortly and we were second in line.

Sadly, the only picture I got of Amidala was this. I videoed the whole thing and the photopass picture never got added, which I didn’t notice until it was too late:sad:. Connor had fun chatting with her though, so it’s all good. After our meet, I went off in search of more characters with short lines. I didn’t find one until we got back by the Jedi council meet, but we did some interesting characters along the way.

Aurra Sing, bounty hunter from Clone Wars

Darth Maul

Mace Windu was out, Connor already met him, but the CM told me they would be switching out soon. While in line, I got to chatting again, this time with a young dating couple. It was their first time at Disney and they came down for SWW, but were excited to do other things too. I had met so many fun, interesting people over our week here, but I have to say people were much more friendly at SWW. Everyone’s energy and excitement was palpable and they were happy to just be there. Soon enough, it was time to meet Shaak Ti, member of the Jedi Council.

Joe texted to tell me that he was back in the park. We still had one more must do for the day which was Darth’s Mall. I told Joe to meet us there. Based on the previous year’s info, Darth Mall wouldn’t close until 7 and would less crowded later in the day, so we saved it for last. For whatever reason they stopped letting people in for the day and it was around six o’clock. We were pretty disappointed to not get a look inside or to get the Han Solo popcorn bucket we had heard so much about. We noticed Ahsoka Tano, from Clone Wars, out for a meet and got in line. We got in line too late because she was leaving but I got a picture of her per Connor’s request.

We were able to meet Commander Cody though.

We saw this guy just wandering around too.

We also noticed people were being let into Darth Mall again. I walked up to the CM to ask if we could go in, she turned around seemingly surprised people were walking in behind her:confused3. I assume she was there to keep people out based on her reaction. She then looked side to side to see if anyone was looking and told us not to tell, but we could go in. Not sure what that was all about but at least we were in:cool1:. For a place that was not supposed to be letting new people on for at least 20 minutes at that point it was crowded:crowded:. I mean wall to wall you couldn’t even move type of crowds. I was feeling so claustrophobic it didn’t even want to be in there. Connor grabbed a little ship and I grabbed a SWW poster and we headed for the exit as best we could. We saw a line for the snack bar and a man asked if he could purchase regular merchandise there. A managerial looking CM told him he could as long as he was also purchasing food. Since I still wanted the Han Solo popcorn bucket, but didn’t want to wait in two lines I thought this would be perfect. Of course, as soon as the man in front of us is told he cannot purchase regular merch there, we see Mr. manager CM is wrong. The guy was mad, but seeing as I wanted the popcorn bucket, I was only slightly annoyed. The CM asked is we were also told that and I told her yes. She seemed pretty annoyed that her boss was giving out bad information. With Popcorn bucket in hand we made our way to the endless merch line. I had Joe stand in line because I couldn’t be in that store for another second. I have extreme anxiety in heavily crowded areas, kind of makes going to your favorite vacation spot hard:sad2:, but I mostly power through and also choose less crowded times to go. I could see and panic attack brewing and I bolted out of there with Connor and Nicholas. We spotted another Clonetrooper and Connor wanted to say hi. It was at this point my phone died, so I got no picture of it. I also started to worry how I would meet back up with Joe if I didn’t have my phone. Luckily, it wasn’t too bad finding him. We did some more shopping in the prop shop where I got a t-shirt with Darth Vader riding Dumbo, which I love:love:. Joe got a t-shirt with Yoda on it. Our last FP for the day was coming up and it was for TSMM.

After TSMM, we weren’t sure what to do. We had time before the dessert party and fireworks, meets and shows were wrapping up for the day, and there aren’t any rides we can all go on besides TSMM which had a long wait. I suggested going to the stage area to figure out where we would be for the dessert party.

We saw that the DJ was already out doing his set and the boys wanted to dance.

Except Nicholas, he wanted to sleep.

After some dancing, we decided to get in line for the dessert party.

I thought it would be ridiculously early, but the line was already VERY long and winding in on itself, so much for getting a good spot:confused:. I think they let us in around 8:30 and by the time we got to the area the only open table were in the very back. It was all fine in the end, the view was good expect for one tree being slightly in the way and being the last table we had one side that was just a curb and some bushes giving us more room. I feel that the dessert party is really what made the cost worth it. This cost $69+tax and we got a dessert party with alcohol comparatively, the new wishes dessert party is $49+tax and that doesn’t include all the other things that came with the package or alcohol. While I wasn’t thrilled that we had crappy views for both things, (that would have been remedied if we were willing to waste an hour+, two different times lining up early) I was very happy with the overall value of the package and I am very happy we did it. The dessert party included lot of options for dessert.

This also included ice cream which I did not picture. We tried one of everything and spilt it between us and I was not disappointed with anything. It also included nonalcoholic specialty drinks, special alcoholic drinks, water, tea, coffee, and soda.

While we were enjoying our desserts James decided he was done for the night and retreated into the stroller and watched Mickey Mouse Clubhouse on my iPad until we left. Connor also started pouting about something, which I do not remember, but I am going to go out on a limb and say it had something to do with also wanting the iPad. He also retreated into the stroller and was not seen again until later. Honestly, I was pretty proud of Connor he got up at 6 and had been going nonstop all day. Their pouting wasn’t bothering us or anyone else, so we continued to enjoy our evening. Nicholas has woken up at some point and was in a good mood. He enjoyed some of the dessert with us while we waited for the show to start. The night started with James Arnold Taylor bringing all the SW characters back onto the stage in groups. I don’t have many good picture so I’ll just share what I thought was halfway decent.

After the characters came out they showed some scenes from The Force Awakens and then the new First Order Stormtroopers came out on stage:goodvibes. I have to say it was amazing and the fireworks haven’t even started yet. I literally had goosebumps from the whole Force Awakens part and the crowd was going wild. Then he had everyone say A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away and then the fireworks began.

I have heard how DHS can put on a pretty awesome fireworks display, but I was pretty skeptical. I was however blown away with how good they were. My only negative thing to say is that they were not long enough. As soon as the fireworks were over we bolted out of there as fast as we could. I knew it was going to be a nightmare trying to leave and I wanted to be as close to the front of the crowd as I could get. It was a sea of people as far as the eye could see (remember my crowd anxiety) :eek: ; it was bad. I remembered James has my iPad and I reached down to grab it and when I stood back up Nicholas puked all over me. It was awful, I had nowhere to go and he just continued to retch until his stomach was empty and then started dry heaving. I was also very worried, aside from your typical baby spit up, I had never had one of my babies vomit like this. I told Joe I was going to try and squeeze past people to try and get to a bathroom. Thankfully, people parted like a parting of the red sea when I showed them our vomit covered selves. I made it to the front entrance and got Nicholas and myself cleaned up and in new clothes. Thankfully, Connor never changed shirts so I put Nicholas in thew extra Joe brought and I wore Joe's new Yoda shirt :yoda:. Because of the time it took to do this we were now at the back of the pack trying to leave the Studios and I think it took an hour to get to our car and then out of the parking lot:faint:. I was grateful that the boys all fell asleep or were at least calm once in the car. I was frantically trying to research urgent cares and what to do if we couldn’t fly. We stopped at Custom House to pay down some of our room balance with my remaining gift cards. We got back to the room around 11 and went to bed for the night. Nicholas hadn't thrown up again and had no other symptoms, so I decided to let everyone sleep and reevaluate in the morning.

Last edited:
I videoed the whole thing and the photopass picture never got added, which I didn’t notice until it was too late:sad:.
That's unfortunate. at least you have the video though.

I could see and panic attack brewing and I bolted out of there with Connor and Nicholas.
At least you recognized when to bolt.

(that would have been remedied if we were willing to waste an hour+, two different times lining up early)
Isn't the point of spending all that money so that you can get nice seats without waiting??:confused3

I knew it was going to be a nightmare trying to leave and I wanted to be as close to the front of the crowd as I could get. It was a sea of people as far as the eye could see (remember my crowd anxiety) :eek: ; it was bad.
Next trip try my method of hanging at the back of crowd for about an hour and then slowly making your way out of the park. You'll be surprised at how quick those crowds will clear out. And then instead of trying to fight crowds on your way out you get treated to a relaxed magical exit on almost empty streets.

I reached down to grab it and when I stood back up Nicholas puked all over me.
Oh no!

hankfully, people parted like a parting of the red sea when I showed them our vomit covered selves.
Well, nothing parts the sees like vomit! :crazy2:

I had met so many fun, interesting people over our week here, but I have to say people were much more friendly at SWW. Everyone’s energy and excitement was palpable and they were happy to just be there.
I agree - SWW crowds are a very friendly, happy bunch. :goodvibes

We also noticed people were being let into Darth Mall again. I walked up to the CM to ask if we could go in, she turned around seemingly surprised people were walking in behind her:confused3. I assume she was there to keep people out based on her reaction. She then looked side to side to see if anyone was looking and told us not to tell, but we could go in. Not sure what that was all about but at least we were in:cool1:.
:thumbsup2 Way to go. Funny she didn't notice people just strolling right in.

We did some more shopping in the prop shop where I got a t-shirt with Darth Vader riding Dumbo, which I love:love:.
I love that shirt too! Didn't get one, but saw and commented on it.

While we were enjoying our desserts James decided he was done for the night and retreated into the stroller and watched Mickey Mouse Clubhouse on my iPad until we left. Connor also started pouting about something, which I do not remember, but I am going to go out on a limb and say it had something to do with also wanting the iPad. He also retreated into the stroller and was not seen again until later. Honestly, I was pretty proud of Connor he got up at 6 and had been going nonstop all day. Their pouting wasn’t bothering us or anyone else, so we continued to enjoy our evening. Nicholas has woken up at some point and was in a good mood. He enjoyed some of the dessert with us while we waited for the show to start. The night started with James Arnold Taylor bringing all the SW characters back onto the stage in groups. I don’t have many good picture so I’ll just share what I thought was halfway decent.
Sounds like your dessert party went better than ours. Izzy was a total grump during it. We made the best of it, but it was more stressful than I'd hoped. Great fireworks, though! :thumbsup2

Nicholas hadn't thrown up again and had no other symptoms, so I decided to let everyone sleep and reevaluate in the morning.
Ugh, what a rough end to your evening. Hope he was okay!

Seemed like a pretty good day, all the Star Wars stuff looks great, I hope they knew some of those meets and attractions when the Star Wars land opens!

Oh poor Nicholas! I really hope he is better in the morning, I can only imagine how scary something like that is when your far from home and are flying soon!

She said she was lucky to get to do what she loves every day:lovestruc. Typically, she is with princesses so she liked the change of pace SWW offered. I love chatting with CMs that love what they do. Amidala came out shortly and we were second in line.
So she moved from princesses to a queen... :rolleyes1 :rotfl2:

While in line, I got to chatting again, this time with a young dating couple. It was their first time at Disney and they came down for SWW, but were excited to do other things too. I had met so many fun, interesting people over our week here, but I have to say people were much more friendly at SWW.
Hmmm... makes sense. Too bad we won't get to experience this anymore though.

We also noticed people were being let into Darth Mall again. I walked up to the CM to ask if we could go in, she turned around seemingly surprised people were walking in behind her:confused3. I assume she was there to keep people out based on her reaction. She then looked side to side to see if anyone was looking and told us not to tell, but we could go in. Not sure what that was all about but at least we were in:cool1:.
Well, I'm glad that you were finally able to get in, but I'm sorry it was so crowded. Anxiety or not, it doesn't sound like fun.

While I wasn’t thrilled that we had crappy views for both things, (that would have been remedied if we were willing to waste an hour+, two different times lining up early) I was very happy with the overall value of the package and I am very happy we did it. The dessert party included lot of options for dessert.
I'm glad you were satisfied with everything. All you got for the price doesn't sound bad at all. But this is also one of the things that frustrates me. I don't mind paying a premium for a better experience, but I always equate that cost to being time saved. But if Disney is charging this premium and people have to get there so early and line up just to even be able to get a table, that's frustrating. Either raise the price and limit the tickets or have more tables. I realize this didn't affect you, but I mean if you'd been 5 minutes later getting in line...

I remembered James has my iPad and I reached down to grab it and when I stood back up Nicholas puked all over me. It was awful, I had nowhere to go and he just continued to retch until his stomach was empty and then started dry heaving.
Oh no. This is about the worst way you could end your evening.

Nicholas hadn't thrown up again and had no other symptoms, so I decided to let everyone sleep and reevaluate in the morning
I hope it was just the dessert getting to him or something.

It sounds like you had fun with a few character meets - or at least character sightings!

Oh I would have freaked out in that crowd at Darth's Mall too! I can handle crowds ok but it's really stressful trying to maneuver kids and/or a stroller through so many people.

The special SWW package sounds worth it - especially since the youngest 2 were free, right? The dessert party does sound like fun - food and alcohol!

Those fireworks look amazing. I've heard such good things about the SWW fireworks and now Symphony in the Stars. I'm hoping they are still there in May!

And poor Nicholas! We've had our run ins with stomach bugs and it's not fun. Hopefully it was just all of the desserts, heat of the day, etc.

I've been reading and enjoying your TR for several days now. Glad to be all caught up! The end of our 2015 trip coincided with the beginning of yours! We love going that time of year. And I've also been vomited on while at Disney, so I feel your pain!

My phone is acting all wonky so the last half of my previous post went missing. I was inquiring what color of paint you used on the gray wall in the photo of your son's first day of school? I think it's the perfect shade and I've been trying to narrow down paint colors for my living room for weeks now!

That's unfortunate. at least you have the video though.
Yeah, its weird last time I had no problems with photopass and this time we were missing 4 sets of pictures I just didn't realize this particular one until too late, glad I have the video though.

At least you recognized when to bolt.
::yes:: Not going to let that happen in Disney

Isn't the point of spending all that money so that you can get nice seats without waiting??:confused3
Yes, but with my crowd anxiety I was happy to have a guaranteed crowd free space and for that it was amazing.

Next trip try my method of hanging at the back of crowd for about an hour and then slowly making your way out of the park. You'll be surprised at how quick those crowds will clear out. And then instead of trying to fight crowds on your way out you get treated to a relaxed magical exit on almost empty streets.
That is exactly my plan this trip, it should be easy with mp cranky kids.

Well, nothing parts the sees like vomit! :crazy2:
:rotfl2:true

I agree - SWW crowds are a very friendly, happy bunch. :goodvibes
Yeah, I loved it.

:thumbsup2 Way to go. Funny she didn't notice people just strolling right in.
:rotfl:I know right she was facing the opposite way :confused3

I love that shirt too! Didn't get one, but saw and commented on it.
Its too cute

Sounds like your dessert party went better than ours. Izzy was a total grump during it. We made the best of it, but it was more stressful than I'd hoped. Great fireworks, though! :thumbsup2
Oh no I'm sorry, the boys were cranky for us too but they just retreated into the stroller and let us enjoy it which was nice.

Ugh, what a rough end to your evening. Hope he was okay!
Yeah, not the best last night, but he was okay after that.

So she moved from princesses to a queen... :rolleyes1 :rotfl2:
Yeah, he knows how to pick 'em :thumbsup2

Hmmm... makes sense. Too bad we won't get to experience this anymore though.
I know, I tried to take as many pictures as I could during the day so I could review it for anyone thinking about doing it and its a moot point now :rotfl:

Well, I'm glad that you were finally able to get in, but I'm sorry it was so crowded. Anxiety or not, it doesn't sound like fun.
Nope and I saw video from that same weekend on Saturday and Sunday and there was barely in one in there because the crowd control, I guess it was too lax at this time and too many people were let in.

I'm glad you were satisfied with everything. All you got for the price doesn't sound bad at all. But this is also one of the things that frustrates me. I don't mind paying a premium for a better experience, but I always equate that cost to being time saved. But if Disney is charging this premium and people have to get there so early and line up just to even be able to get a table, that's frustrating. Either raise the price and limit the tickets or have more tables. I realize this didn't affect you, but I mean if you'd been 5 minutes later getting in line...
Very true, I wish they would have limited the tickets more than they did, we would have had a better view for both things and gotten the premium pass for the show we wanted rather than the one we got. Overall though, I can't complain because I enjoyed what we did get for the cost.

Oh no. This is about the worst way you could end your evening.
I know :crazy2:

It sounds like you had fun with a few character meets - or at least character sightings!
Yeah, it was fun with all the wandering characters

Oh I would have freaked out in that crowd at Darth's Mall too! I can handle crowds ok but it's really stressful trying to maneuver kids and/or a stroller through so many people.
They didn't let strollers in so we didn't have to deal with that, but it was by far the worst crowds I experienced that trip.

The special SWW package sounds worth it - especially since the youngest 2 were free, right? The dessert party does sound like fun - food and alcohol!
Yes, they were free :goodvibes It was totally worth it for us.

Those fireworks look amazing. I've heard such good things about the SWW fireworks and now Symphony in the Stars. I'm hoping they are still there in May!
Me too, this is my second favorite fireworks show and I know I'll love the new one too.

I've just come upon this trip report, and know this particular post is from a while ago, but I just had to say it is the cutest picture!
:goodvibes Thank you, its one of my favorites from the trip.

I've been reading and enjoying your TR for several days now. Glad to be all caught up! The end of our 2015 trip coincided with the beginning of yours! We love going that time of year. And I've also been vomited on while at Disney, so I feel your pain!
We love that time of year so much and we're going back because of it :goodvibes. Thanks for following along.

My phone is acting all wonky so the last half of my previous post went missing. I was inquiring what color of paint you used on the gray wall in the photo of your son's first day of school? I think it's the perfect shade and I've been trying to narrow down paint colors for my living room for weeks now!
The color is antique silver by Pittsberg Paint which we got at Menards.

Day 8
Wave that Napkin!

I woke up this morning grateful that no more puking had occurred over night. There was also no other signs of sickness, so we decided to go about our day as usual. At his 1-year checkup we found out he was lactose intolerant. That night he had accidentally gotten James’ milk sippy cup instead of his water filled one which I didn’t think would be a big deal since he was about 6 weeks shy of his first birthday and when I would introduce milk anyway, I was wrong. So I am pretty sure that is what caused the vomiting the night before given the fact that any other signs of sickness weren’t there:confused3.

I got up early to do some laundry and pack up while I let everyone else sleep in. Once we were packed up we loaded up the van and went over to the Custom House to check our bags. I wasn't sure how this process would go because we had never done it before. We had our boarding passes printed and Nicholas was a lap child. This is like the 10th time I've flown with a lap child and I know their name needs to be printed on the ticket, but the lady said it was fine and printed it with no name. :sad2: I hoped she was right and with that out of the way, we made our way to the Contemporary for our Chef Mickey’s breakfast. We decided on our last trip that we would make it a tradition to eat here on our departure day. We are big fans of this breakfast :goodvibes.

We checked in and hadn’t even taken our picture when our buzzer started going off.

The boys were very happy with this restaurant choice; even James was excited to see some characters.

We took turns getting everyone food and did the napkin waving. Finally it was time for our first character.

First up we had Goofy.

Then we had Mickey.

Nicholas was happy sitting next to me and seeing the characters from afar.

Next was Pluto.

Then Donald.

And finally, Minnie.

James was like a completely different child. This is the same kid who screamed if a character even looked at him a week before and now he was hugging, giving high fives, and talking to them.

Seriously though, I was so happy he had finally opened up to the characters even if it took 8 days :rotfl2:.We always have a good time here. The food is plentiful, fresh, and there are tons of variety. We even came towards the end of breakfast and everything was good and they we continually replenishing. The characters are always great and the atmosphere is fun, although it is a little loud, but I expect that here. We took the monorail over to MK to squeeze in a few more rides before our flight home.

Connor wanted to play photographer, so I gave him my phone to shoot with.

We got to Magic Kingdom around 11:45 and had our first FP for Anna and Elsa.

We saw Pluto on the way.

I also wanted to try for another family picture in front of the castle. We didn’t have matching shirts but at least I could get one with our ears.

Eh :rolleyes2 I'll take it

The castle show was going on at the time, this was actually the first time we had even seen a part of this show and it was almost over:rotfl:.

With no time to waste we had to get to our FP so we went around the castle. Stopping for a picture by the wishing well.

I'll have to cut it off here because of the picture limit. Next post will wrap up this TR :sad:.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter