• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"I DO...want dessert" Our 10-Day DxDP Honeymoon-FINAL POST

I would definitely take on Deluxe Dining again. DH and I have discussed it (many times) and here is what we would do next time... On DxDP, we would book 9:30-10:30 breakfasts (except for one 8:05 ressie at Crystal Palace) and then have 6:30-ish signature dinners. In between, we would (try to) use up those snack credits.

DxDP was an incredible experience for us. Not only was the food unbelievable, but it gave us the ability to eat things we would never ordinarily be able to order at places we would never normally be able to visit. Did we save a ton of money? Probably not. But it was prepaid. We really liked that. Not once did we order something because it was cheaper than what we really wanted. Not once did we pass up dessert because we didn't "need" it or to save money. What an incredible experience it was to go in a top-notch restaurant and order anything we wanted! To many of you that may be something mundane and ordinary. To us it was extraordinary.

So, this is it. I now have to come to terms with the fact that our trip is over. It was awesome. We looked forward to it (perhaps we were even obsessed with it) for almost a year. As with most vacations, especially Disney, it took FOREVER to finally happen, but it went by so fast once we were there.

D-World has always been my all-time favorite vacation spot. I have been on numerous cruises, to various overseas excursions, and to a variety of local/regional destinations; however, D-World will always remain my dream vacation. As an adult I now know Disney goes much further than just magic and pixie dust. To me Disney is about the details. The customer service. The value. The fun. The excitement. The comfort. The smell of popcorn while walking down Main Street. That first sighting of the castle. The final number of The Festival of the Lion King. Screaming my head off on Rockin Roller Coaster. And now...the food.

I cannot wait to go back. :sad1:

Thank you so much Heather for taking such care to post an incredible dining report of your Disney honeymoon. You did a fantastic job on it and I realize that it took an immense amount of time. :cheer2:

Heather - I truly enjoyed your TR from beginning to end. Thanks for taking the time to do all the posts along with the pictures. You will keep these memories with your forever!!!

Our trip is coming up so quickly, and we opted to pay the difference between the free DDP and upgrade to the DxDP. From what I read during your TR, and your summation at the end- we will not be disappointed. I feel the same was as you in regards to having it prepaid rather than making decisions during the trip.

See you on the boards. :surfweb:

Thank you so much Heather for taking such care to post an incredible dining report of your Disney honeymoon. You did a fantastic job on it and I realize that it took an immense amount of time. :cheer2:

Thank you for reading and for your kind words along the way. This was my first trip report of any kind, so I really didn't know what I was getting into or how I would do. Your compliments really cheered me on! I now know that trip reports are a fantastic way to "relive" the magic and to beat those post-trip "blues." Thank you and I hope you and your DH have a fantastic trip. Take it slow and enjoy every moment!

Heather - I truly enjoyed your TR from beginning to end. Thanks for taking the time to do all the posts along with the pictures. You will keep these memories with your forever!!!

Our trip is coming up so quickly, and we opted to pay the difference between the free DDP and upgrade to the DxDP. From what I read during your TR, and your summation at the end- we will not be disappointed. I feel the same was as you in regards to having it prepaid rather than making decisions during the trip.

See you on the boards. :surfweb:

Thanks for staying tuned! I know it took a while.

Best wishes to you for a fabulous trip and a great experience on the DxDP. I just know you will love it. When you feel like you can't eat another bite, please think of me and my DH and take one more for us!

DxDP was an incredible experience for us. Not only was the food unbelievable, but it gave us the ability to eat things we would never ordinarily be able to order at places we would never normally be able to visit. Did we save a ton of money? Probably not. But it was prepaid. We really liked that. Not once did we order something because it was cheaper than what we really wanted. Not once did we pass up dessert because we didn't "need" it or to save money. What an incredible experience it was to go in a top-notch restaurant and order anything we wanted! To many of you that may be something mundane and ordinary. To us it was extraordinary.

First of all, Great Dining Report! And I totally agree with everything you said here regarding the DxDP. We just returned from our trip and were on the DxDP for 6 out of the 7 days we were there. We split some lunches so spread out our credits for 5 nights over 6 days which helped a little with the food overload. We also shared a few desserts instead of each getting our own. DH still thought it was too much food, but I thought it was perfect.

We too ate at Jiko for our honeymoon recently! and it was amazing! the wine was so good...but i cant remember the name of it either! the bbq chicken flatbread pizza was to DIE FOR!!!

DH and I were planning on going to Niagara Falls for out 1st anniversary this August. We are this close (-) to cancelling and coming back to D-World!! I'm so excited! Until it's a definite, we cannot tell anyone...the family all thinks we should go "somewhere new" since we have been to DW for the past 2 years... I know you all understand.

I just found your report and read the whole thing. Very enjoyable. Thank you!

DH and I were planning on going to Niagara Falls for out 1st anniversary this August. We are this close (-) to cancelling and coming back to D-World!! I'm so excited! Until it's a definite, we cannot tell anyone...the family all thinks we should go "somewhere new" since we have been to DW for the past 2 years... I know you all understand.

I certainly do understand! Our grown daughter mentioned at the end of her Christmas letter "My parents are going to Disney World again this month - silly kids!" I enjoyed the 7 months of planning, loved the week of vacation and am still enjoying the afterglow almost 3 weeks since coming back home. I still have not had time for my trip report. Christmas, New Year's and our wedding anniversary have all been celebrated since arriving home but I half feel that they were really celebrated at WDW (Except for Christmas with our kids and grandkids.)

Whatever decision you make, have a wonderful time! :mickeyjum::MinnieMo

I certainly do understand! Our grown daughter mentioned at the end of her Christmas letter "My parents are going to Disney World again this month - silly kids!" I enjoyed the 7 months of planning, loved the week of vacation and am still enjoying the afterglow almost 3 weeks since coming back home. I still have not had time for my trip report. Christmas, New Year's and our wedding anniversary have all been celebrated since arriving home but I half feel that they were really celebrated at WDW (Except for Christmas with our kids and grandkids.)

Whatever decision you make, have a wonderful time! :mickeyjum::MinnieMo

Welcome Home!!! I'm so glad you had a wonderful trip!

We actually booked last night!! We will be staying at ASSp for 6 nights. We have not booked dining as of now...maybe we will get a free dining offer? If not, we aren't sure what to do. We are trying to keep the cost down, but we would rather not pay OOP. We haven't told anyone yet... Let the planning begin!:woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter