"I DO...want dessert" Our 10-Day DxDP Honeymoon-FINAL POST

thanks for the update at Yak and Yeti. Can't wait to try it on our next trip. I'm curious about the hand dryer at the bathroom:rotfl:

love the updates! I am so excited for my trip to Yak & Yeti. That is the one reservation that I made for ME because the rest of my family wouldn't pick Asian food!

Congrats on your marriage:goodvibes Your reviews are fabulous and I'm so glad you enjoyed your honeymoon! Thanks so much for sharing!;) Best of luck!:hippie:

Heather, I just wanted to thank you for taking the time and enormous effort to post all your dining reviews. Lurkers like me definitely appreciate every word and picture.:thumbsup2

We are looking forward to Narcoosee's on our next trip, your review confirms my choice.

Congrats on your marriage and I look forward to your final thoughts. :)

Thank you for reading. I had never completed a trip report or dining review before, and it is really nice to have such supportive readers. When we were planning our trip, I know the reviews were fun to read and very helpful. Enjoy Narcoosees!

thanks for the update at Yak and Yeti. Can't wait to try it on our next trip. I'm curious about the hand dryer at the bathroom:rotfl:

:rotfl2: We are so weird, right?!? Seriously...I want one for my house! You've gotta find me on here when you get back and tell me how cool it is.

love the updates! I am so excited for my trip to Yak & Yeti. That is the one reservation that I made for ME because the rest of my family wouldn't pick Asian food!

I'm sure you will love it. (Oh,, and good for you for doing something for YOU! I like that! :thumbsup2) Make sure you take a few moments to stroll around the place and see the awesome decor.

Congrats on your marriage:goodvibes Your reviews are fabulous and I'm so glad you enjoyed your honeymoon! Thanks so much for sharing!;) Best of luck!:hippie:

Thank you for your congrats and for reading. It was the best trip of my life!

You have helped me immensely to keep looking at the bright side these past two months as we count down the days to our December trip while my DH has struggled with vertigo and other health issues. We're still planning on making our trip when scheduled although modified to take things at a slower pace. I'm looking forward to you being able to put the finishing touches on your dining report so I can gather all your snack insights and read your closing comments before we leave. Keep up the great reporting work, bless you! :thumbsup2

Ok, so we definitely do have a bunch in common! I also had the Cripsy Mahi Mahi and it was SOOOO good!!! Just how you described it, perfect. Glad you had a great meal at Le Cellier! I've only eaten there once for lunch in 2005 and it was very yummy. I've always wanted to try the Chocolate Moose, it looks so cute. Thanks for the great reviews!!! :goodvibes:goodvibes

You have helped me immensely to keep looking at the bright side these past two months as we count down the days to our December trip while my DH has struggled with vertigo and other health issues. We're still planning on making our trip when scheduled although modified to take things at a slower pace. I'm looking forward to you being able to put the finishing touches on your dining report so I can gather all your snack insights and read your closing comments before we leave. Keep up the great reporting work, bless you! :thumbsup2
Wow, that is such a compliment...thank you. A slower pace is the way to do Disney, in my opinion. We have mostly taken it slow on our past two trips. It's much more enjoyable than running to get everything done. I know you will have a fantastic time. On a side note, my aunt suffers with vertigo...I know how terrible and uncomfortable it can be. I hope you and your DH have a fantastic time and my thoughts are with you guys. :goodvibes

Ok, so we definitely do have a bunch in common! I also had the Cripsy Mahi Mahi and it was SOOOO good!!! Just how you described it, perfect. Glad you had a great meal at Le Cellier! I've only eaten there once for lunch in 2005 and it was very yummy. I've always wanted to try the Chocolate Moose, it looks so cute. Thanks for the great reviews!!! :goodvibes:goodvibes

OMG, soooo freaking good!
We do love Le Cellier. I think it kinda sucks that it's 2 credits now. Perhaps it will be easier to get ressies, but now it will make ADR selections even tougher to decide. If I could only do one signature, I would really have a tough decision.

OMG, soooo freaking good!
We do love Le Cellier. I think it kinda sucks that it's 2 credits now. Perhaps it will be easier to get ressies, but now it will make ADR selections even tougher to decide. If I could only do one signature, I would really have a tough decision.

Ok I must be living under a DIS rock because I didn't know it had been made 2 credits. I don't know if we would go being 2 credits...Also DH totally reminded me that we ate there together for lunch in 2007 and I hadn't remembered! HA! I thought I ate there once in 2005 and only then. Is that a bad thing?? lol

Ok I must be living under a DIS rock because I didn't know it had been made 2 credits. I don't know if we would go being 2 credits...Also DH totally reminded me that we ate there together for lunch in 2007 and I hadn't remembered! HA! I thought I ate there once in 2005 and only then. Is that a bad thing?? lol

:lmao: At least you know it wasn't a horrible experience, or you would've remembered. lol

Le Cellier is still 1 TS for the rest of 2010 and into 2011. I think the change date is March 1, 2011, when it will become 2 TS for dinner but remain 1 TS for lunch. There is considerable speculation on how the lunch menu will change at that time.

So, we left A LOT of snack credits on the table. I was slightly irritated at myself because, being the over-planner I am, I had even figured out how I wanted to use my 18 snack credits. Well...I either forgot, or I was hording them, or I was afraid to eat too much because I knew another meal was right around the corner. I'm not sure if it was one of those reasons or all three at different times, but we had too many left on our last day.

Our favorite snack credits on this trip were used for:

Frozen lemonade/Coke - Wow, these are good. Especially in the August/might-as-well-be-Africa heat. They are so good and so refreshing...in fact, much more so than a regular soda/lemonade/water. We both enjoyed quite a few of these. (The Coke ones are the best!)

P...P...P...Popcorn - :banana: I have never, ever, in my whole life had better popcorn than what is sold at D-World. Maybe it's the atmosphere, maybe it's the smell, or maybe it's just good popcorn. We ate a ton of it and I loved every bite. (So did the ducks.)

Dole Whip - This time I got the orange/vanilla one, so perhaps it's not a "true" Dole Whip, but it was delish. I have to get one every trip now. And oh...so messy!

Mickey Premium Ice Cream Bar - Need I say more?

Soft Pretzels - Love 'em. It's the only thing in the world I will eat with mustard. I always try to find the saltiest one in the glass turning case and hope I get that one!

Main Street Bakery Ice Cream Sandwich - OMG. Seriously. The best use of a snack credit BY FAR. So freaking delicious and big enough to split.

Things I had on my list that I will need to save for next time...
-Other MSB goodies (I still cannot believe we didn't have a cinnamon roll.)
-Cotton Candy (It was bagged, not freshly made right in front of you like it is here on the Delaware shore, so I refused. Perhaps I won't be so stubborn next time?)
-Fudge
-Schoolbread from Norway
-Goodies from France bakery

We had to buy a bunch of suckers for our friends' kids and rice krispie treats our last day to use up our credits. Next time maybe we should plan better. :rotfl: I do love the whole "snack credit" idea. We went to a festival in our hometown this weekend. While walking around, smelling all the food vendors, we looked at each other and wondered if anything counted as a snack credit. :)

Your Yak & Yeti review is really making me want to try the place out! For some reason, I am resistant to try it!

Thanks for finishing your review Heather. It was so much fun reading along as you posted. popcorn:: Did you find the soft pretzels to be pretty much the same no matter where you bought them or did you find a special spot for the best? If it is warm I will have my Mickey bar ice cream. Last year I loved them in May but passed on by in Dec. Ditto to what you said re the MSB ice cream sandwiches. We're heading to France to use some snack credits. I also have my back-up plan similar to yours for leftover snack credits at the end. Those treats will come back to our grandchildren.

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving, Christmas & New Year!

thanks for the snack information. The first time we used the DDP, whenever my husband got a drink or water I paid cash b/c I wanted to use the best snacks but at the end of the trip we had so many snack credits left. So now we are going on a DxDDP and my husband said I guess I can use it for water and coke...I told him go for it but I know we will have alot of snack credits so I'll bring treats to my sons friends

:lovestruc:lovestruc:rotfl:My namesake!
I can't believe I haven't tried it yet! And I love coconut. I really need to sick to my plan and get it next time.

Your Yak & Yeti review is really making me want to try the place out! For some reason, I am resistant to try it!
It really was great. Why are you resistant, if you don't mind me asking.

Thanks for finishing your review Heather. It was so much fun reading along as you posted. popcorn:: Did you find the soft pretzels to be pretty much the same no matter where you bought them or did you find a special spot for the best? If it is warm I will have my Mickey bar ice cream. Last year I loved them in May but passed on by in Dec. Ditto to what you said re the MSB ice cream sandwiches. We're heading to France to use some snack credits. I also have my back-up plan similar to yours for leftover snack credits at the end. Those treats will come back to our grandchildren.
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving, Christmas & New Year!

Thank you for reading! It really was a fun way to relive a fabulous trip. It seems like we planned FOREVER and we were so excited we could hardly sleep. Then, the big day arrives, you blink, and it's over...even a 10-day trip, which was really a splurge for us. Doing this report had allowed us both to relive the mos fabulous meals we have ever eaten.
I did find the sof pretzels to be the same everywhere. Also, I have heard that the ham and cheese croissant in France is an excellent use of a snack credit. :thumbsup2 Happy Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year to you, too! Have a wonderful trip!

thanks for the snack information. The first time we used the DDP, whenever my husband got a drink or water I paid cash b/c I wanted to use the best snacks but at the end of the trip we had so many snack credits left. So now we are going on a DxDDP and my husband said I guess I can use it for water and coke...I told him go for it but I know we will have alot of snack credits so I'll bring treats to my sons friends
:lmao: That's so funny...just like me. I never actually paid OOP for drinks, but I tried not to use the snack credits just for soda or water...there are so many better uses! lol I have learned that, although drinks may not be the best value for a snack credit, they are a better value than leaving the credits on the table. Have fun on the DxDP. Good luck with all that food!

So, I didn'[t want this entire review o be one-sided. Now it is time for my DH to weigh in on some of his favorites...

Favorite Appetizer- King Crab Legs from Narcoosee's. "There was so much it was almost like an entree. There was no work involved - no cracking, etc. The work was already done for me. It was so good."
Honorable Mention Appetizer- Cheddar Cheese Soup from Le Cellier. "The perfect soup."
Second Honorable Mention Appetizer- Cobb Salad from Brosn Derby. "It's everything you want in a salad. Mixed very well. Couldn't get enough of it"

Favorite Entree- Filet and Mac&Cheese from Jiko. "I was so full, but I couldn't stop eating it. It was so good. The mac&cheese was so good because the sauce was mixed in. The steak was cooked perfecly. It required no chewing, just bite and let it melt in your mouth." (BTW, if you remember, this was MY entree, not DH's. He helped me finish mine.)
Honorable Mention Entree- Surf and Turf from Narcoosee's. "The steak was nothing short of stellar. The lobster was also great.

Favorite Dessert- Key Lime Pie from Flame Tree. "Everything was delicious from the pie crust to he filling. It wasn't fancy or showy, but it was delicious."
Honorable Mention Dessert- Sticky Toffee Pudding at Rose & Crown. "It just melts in your mouth really."

Favorite Atmosphere- Le Cellier. "It feels very secluded and like a wine cellar. Who wouldn't want to eat in a wine cellar?"
Honorable Mention Atmosphere- Flying Fish. "It's a very well put together restaurant. The boardwalk was cool to walk down."

Best Service- Le Cellier. "Server was on top of everything. We never had to ask for anything."

Best Bread- California Grill. "They were all good, but Cali Grill stands out for me."

Best "Out-of-the-Box" Experience- California Grill. We will never experience anything like that again.

Best Overall- Narcoosee's, Le Cellier, & Jiko (3-way tie)

Must-Do ADR for next time- Narcoosee's.

Up Next...My Favorites

Favorite Appetizer- Mussels from Jiko. They were so perfect. The raisin baguette was a surprisingly wonderful accompaniment. I have had mussels from quite a few different (nice) restaurants and nothing can even come close to these.
Honorable Mention Appetizer- Shrimp and Crab Chowder from Narcoosees. I'm a sucker for creamy soups, and this one was fantastic.

Favorite Entree- Crispy Mahi Mahi from Yak and Yeti. Surprising, I know, but this was so so delicious to me. I would definitely go back just to get this again.
Honorable Mention Entree- Filet Mignon from Le Cellier. I love this place. It is just a really great steak, in my opinion.

Favorite Dessert- Banana White Chocolate Toffee Tower from Brown Derby. Yum.
Honorable Mention Dessert- Bread Pudding from Ohana. As full as we were, we still put a major dent in this one.

Favorite Atmosphere- Narcoosee's. It was quiet and romantice, but not stuffy. I felt comfortable there, but it also felt fancy. It was the perfect combination of everything. The boat ride over was relaxing and beautiful, our view of the castle was lovely, and we had a great viewing location for the fireworks. Our server (although very very slow) bent over backwards for us to make us feel special. It was an awesome experience.
Honorable Mention Atmosphere- Jiko. This place was great. We had a quiet table in the back. The decor was breathtaking and our server was perfect. Very quiet, relaxing, and romantic.

Best Service- Le Cellier. By far, she was the best server of the trip. And she was the only one still in training. Fantastic experience.

Best Bread- It's a tie for me. The Ohana Welcome Bread was so freaking good. I tried not to eat too much of it because I knew what was ahead, but I kept sneaking pieces of it. MMmmmmm. I also LOVE the pretzel bread sticks with cheddar cheese soup from Le Cellier. Oh god, it's so good. I even found the soup recipe online and made it at home. I love it so much. And I know soup is not a bread, but I had to get the soup in here on my favs, and you just can't eat the pretzel bread without the soup.

Best Out-of-the-Box Experience- Sanaa. We would probably never go to a place like this away from D-World, but it was a fantastic experience.

Best Overall- Jiko. It was perfect in every way.

Must-do ADR for next time- Le Cellier. We have always walked out with smiles on our faces. It has become a tradition of ours to eat here on our last night.

Up next...our final thoughts on the DxDP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter