• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"I DO...want dessert" Our 10-Day DxDP Honeymoon-FINAL POST

heatherandnick

DIS Veteran
Hi all! :wave2:

:groom:He's Nick, :bride:I'm Heather, and this is our first dining review EVER! (Imagine a photo of a majorly-in-love couple, here!) :confused: Don't know how to do it yet!

We are so excited about our upcoming trip...in fact, we are more excited about the honeymoon than the wedding (don't tell Mom!).

We will be heading out in the beginning of August for our 10-day blow-out! We have totally splurged this trip, as it is likely to be our last as a "couple" instead of as a "family". We will be staying at AKL on the DxDP with the Park-Hopper/WP&M tickets every day. Future hubby will be playing golf one day and we are doing the KTTK tour.

The part we are most excited about is our DxDP ADRs. We hardly ever eat out at home due to our current finances. :( Unfortunately, we don't even eat that well at home...fish sticks, mac and cheese. etc., etc., etc.

I am not picky AT ALL. In fact, I eat more than anyone at family gatherings...often eating others' leftovers:blush:. I love veggies,seafood, steak, breakfast, and DESSERTS especially.

DFH is definitely PICKY! He won't touch most veggies with a 10-foot pole. He says he's a "vitamin kinda guy" instead of eating anything green, orange, or anywhere in-between. His idea of a balanced meal is pizza, french fries, and a nice pale ale. He does love any kind of meat...lamb, steak, venison, bacon, etc. The last (and only) time he has been to the world, he was very adventurous. My fingers are crossed for this time around.

Our ADRs are as follows:
Day 1: Jiko Dinner
Day 2: Tusker House Breakfast
Brown Derby Dinner (F! Package)
Day 3: Crystal Palace Breakfast
The Plaza Lunch
Flying Fish Dinner
Day 4: Starring Rolls Breakfast
Sci-Fi Dine In Lunch
California Grill Dinner
Day 5: 1900 Park Fare Breakfast
Rose and Crown Dinner (Illuminations)
Day 6: O'hana Breakfast
Coral Reef Lunch
Artist Point Dinner
Day 7: Boma Breakfast
Flame Tree BBQ Lunch
Narcoosees Dinner
Day 8: Cape May Cafe Breakfast
Sanaa Lunch
O'hana Dinner
Day 9: Main Street Bakery Breakfast
Columbia Harbor House (KTTK Tour)
Le Cellier Dinner
Day 10: Starring Rolls Breakfast
Yak & Yeti Lunch

Snacks

DH's Favorites

My Favorites

Final Post

Thanks to everyone for reading. I'm hoping it will be a fun report. If only I knew how to insert pics...hopefully someone on here will lend a hand:rolleyes1 I would also love to learn how to create links from this master schedule to each individual review.

Stay tuned...less than 2 months now!!

Sounds like you'll have a great time. Can't wait to read your reviews when you get back.

And don't worry, I think everyone starts to get more excited for the honeymoon than the wedding at some point! I know I did, because all that wedding planning was too much, even for me, an uber-planner! :rolleyes1

Congratulations and Best Wishes also! :yay:

Good luck for your special day and for your honeymoon. Don't worry about the wedding day because years down the line you only remember the marriage not the wedding somuch.

We did the DxDDP in January and loved it! But we did find Yak & Yeti's portions huge so 3 meals that day might to pushing it unless you guys are really big eaters. :goodvibes We are big eaters but next time I am going to share with DD5. Seriously we felt like we left behind half of our meal but we were stuffed because we had Donald's buffet for breakfast, then Y&Y for lunch I think we ended up cancelling our supper ADR because we couldn't face another big meal ;)

Hello again!

We are back from the hoopla of a beautiful wedding and a fantastic honeymoon. I am still trying to get over the slump that follows that type of excitement.

D-World rocked!!! (As always.) It was pretty crowded (with lots of RUDE people, but that's for another thread), but we had a fabulous time.

We. Ate. So. Much. Food.

Seriously. I mean, I can eat and the DxDP still defeated me. It was an insane amount of delicious food. Would we do it again? We will tell you after all of our reviews.

Stay tuned. I have to read up on the photo thing. We took tons of food pics, and definitely want to share them with you all.

I'm in:cool1: Can't wait to read more. Sounds like you had a great time. I hope you can figure out how to post your pics:banana: Sorry I can't help. Maybe I'll learn something:surfweb:

I'm in:cool1: Can't wait to read more. Sounds like you had a great time. I hope you can figure out how to post your pics:banana: Sorry I can't help. Maybe I'll learn something:surfweb:

WebmasterWill (I think) posted a video in the main forum on how to do pics through photobucket. He made it sound so easy, and I am uploading all our vacation pics now. Hopefully!!!

So, this is us....
Hopefully it works!
Honeymoon184.jpg

I can't wait to hear more! Sounds like you had a fabulous trip, and you're definitely a cute couple! Congrats on the marriage!

I'm looking forward to reading your reviews and glad that you figured out how to post pictures. Congratulations to the two of you!

Congrats. We are following this thread now. Reading your first post I thought...."that's a lot of eating!" :)

We used the DDP last year and have it again for our trip in Nov. But we eat a lot of 2 credit dinners, so breakfast is always light.

Anyway.....looking forward to your reviews since we are going to some of these same restaurants AND you ate at some of our all time favorites.

In one word...mindblowing.

What an incredible way to kick off our honeymoon! We were seated toward the back of the restaurant and I was very impressed at our amount of privacy. It seems Disney tries to cram as many people into a restaurant as possible, but that was not the case at Jiko.

After we sat, our server brought us hot towels for our hands! Hot towels?! Seriously?! We couldn't stop laughing, as we use leftover Subway napkins at home. We have never ever been to a place where they give you hot towels. So, we thought it couldn't get any better until...our server brought us chilled water glasses and a bottle of Evian. You've got to be kidding!!! Now, I'm sure you've figured out by now...we aren't exactly low-class, per se, just very easy to please and not used to fancy stuff. We were blown away. Look at his smile!
Honeymoon040.jpg

We both had some incredible wine. (I can't remember any of the wines from the trip or any of the servers' names. So sorry!) And the bread was fabulous. The chef even sent out a complimentary taste of the cucumber, tomato, and red onion salad. It was terrific! Not too tangy, but definitely flavorful.

For starters, I had the mussels.
Honeymoon042.jpg

Yummy, yummy, yummy. I had never really had mussels before, but wanted to be adventurous, and boy am I glad! These were incredible and a HUGE serving. The toasted raisin bread that came on the side was the perfect accompaniment to the garlicy (is that a word?), buttery goodness of the mussels. I ate them all (My mistake. It was our first night so I had no idea how much food was ahead of me.)

DH had the Tibs Watt.
Honeymoon043.jpg

He loved this! I thought he has going to lick the plate clean! I only had a small bite, so I really can't give you any details, but the beef was tender and the flavor was great.

For my entree, I got the famous filet with mac and cheese.
Honeymoon044.jpg

Now, I LOVE mac n cheese, and this definitely did not disappoint. It was so smooth, rich, and cheesy. To die for, actually. The filet was tender and cooked just as I like. The sauce was different, but I enjoyed it. If I ate this again, I may ask for the sauce on the side...not that it was bad, I just really liked the flavor of the filet and I felt the sauce slightly distracted me from that delicious beef taste.

DH ordered the roasted lamb loin.
Honeymoon045.jpg

Lamb is his all-time favorite meat, so he loved it! Since he is a meat and potatoes kinda guy, I don't think he was too enthralled with the cous cous. He probably would've preferred the mac n cheese or mashed potatoes as a side, but that's just him.

Since it was our honeymoon, they brought us out a complimentary dessert they no longer offer...the pistachio creme brulee.
Honeymoon046.jpg

It was delicious. I love pistachio, DH loves creme brulee, so it was a perfect choice for us.

Onto to our second (and third) dessert. :sick: I had the Jiko Trio...flourless chocolate cake, caramel ice cream, and chocolate mousse.
Honeymoon047.jpg

OH. MY. GOODNESS. This was heaven on a plate. Seriously. I kept taking a bite of each until they were all gone. I absolutely loved all three of them.
DH got some sort of a spice cake.
Honeymoon048.jpg

At first, I thought this was a strange choice, but boy was I wrong. It was so yummy. For a guy who doesn't eat desserts too often, he crammed down every last bite. It was fabulous. I wish I had a better description or even the name of it, but I don't. If it's on the menu, get it! DH thinks it was his favorite dessert of the entire trip.

All in all, Jiko was incredible. I would definitely eat here again, even if I wasn't staying at AKL. It was so good, in fact, that we had to force ourselves not to cancel any of our other upcoming ADRs to come back here. I have nothing bad to say about this place. The atmosphere, the server, the food, everything was impeccible.
Honeymoon049.jpg

Next up...Tusker House breakfast.

Great review on Jiko. Dh and I may try it next month ;). I'm really looking forward to your California Grill review and hope it's a good one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter