I Can't, I'm Not Wearing a Princess Dress! - New TR link!!!!

Ok, I have no reasonable expectation of being able to keep up around here right now. I've just been way too busy. I might get around to another update sometime...

But I did want to pop in and share something. I haven't shared too many details publicly about what we're dealing with, but since April 19 is CDH Awareness Day, I thought it would be an appropriate time to share some info about what our baby has. I'm not going to get into too many specific details, because frankly we don't have many. But this link gives a little bit of general information about CDH and what it is. It isn't the best explanation, but it is a little more brief and readable than anything I've read from medical schools. It mentions in utero surgery though, and we've been told that really isn't something that is used anymore because it hasn't proven to be a successful option.

Thanks for sharing this info. This is definitely not something that anyone wants to deal with, but I hope you guys have the best possible outcomes and have a happy and healthy (after the necessary treatments) baby!

Oh and I missed the post with the link as I was playing catch up! Thanks for sharing as it's something I was not too familiar with either. Still sending prayers your way.

Andy, I am so sorry for what you and your family are going through. This sounds like a very precarious disease and will take a toll in the whole family. My thoughts and prayers are with you and hope that everything comes out for the best.

I will keep your family in my prayers that the baby is one of the ones that do very well! Thanks for sharing the site.

And please do not worry about the TR...there are more important things in your life right now!

Take care!

Lynn

Thanks for the link Andy. As always, thinking of you guys.

Sending thoughts and prayers your way. Thanks for sharing. We're here when you're ready. No need to worry about the trip report.

Sending big hugs your family's way.

Thanks for sharing the link. Many hugs and prayers sent your family's way.

Praying for the best for your family and that little tyke Andy.

We'll keep praying for you guys as you go through this, Andy.

Thanks for the link. Sending hugs and good thoughts your way.

Definitely still praying over here! Wow, I had no idea there were that many cases each year.

Still praying for your family and the best outcome possible. :grouphug:

Thanks for sharing this info. This is definitely not something that anyone wants to deal with, but I hope you guys have the best possible outcomes and have a happy and healthy (after the necessary treatments) baby!

Oh and I missed the post with the link as I was playing catch up! Thanks for sharing as it's something I was not too familiar with either. Still sending prayers your way.

Andy, I am so sorry for what you and your family are going through. This sounds like a very precarious disease and will take a toll in the whole family. My thoughts and prayers are with you and hope that everything comes out for the best.

I hope for the best outcome for your family in this. You are all in my thoughts.:grouphug:

Thank you all for the thoughts, prayers and well wishes.

This isn't something I'd really heard of before, so I wanted to share a little bit about it last week on CDH awareness day. It really is something that isn't all that rare (the hospital we're going to is currently awaiting the arrival of 4 babies with it) but you just never hear about it.

Sounds like your wife and daughter had a nice time at Sea World. Good that they could catch a killer whale show, seems like those will be a thing of the past soon.
They really enjoyed it. I'm glad they got to see it before it all goes away. Not to get into conversation that the Dis might not approve, but I really think it is a shame the orca program is going away.

Just imagining DD's reaction to turning around and finding that huge sea turtle behind her has me :rotfl:'ing! I'm glad the girls had a fun day at Sea World. I haven't been since I was a teen going with my parents but I remember really enjoying the park!
She is definitely the type that enjoys watching animals from a distance. But once they approach her, she's done. I'm pretty sure she moved as fast as I've ever seen her move when that happened.

Ok, I have no reasonable expectation of being able to keep up around here right now. I've just been way too busy. I might get around to another update sometime...

But I did want to pop in and share something. I haven't shared too many details publicly about what we're dealing with, but since April 19 is CDH Awareness Day, I thought it would be an appropriate time to share some info about what our baby has. I'm not going to get into too many specific details, because frankly we don't have many. But this link gives a little bit of general information about CDH and what it is. It isn't the best explanation, but it is a little more brief and readable than anything I've read from medical schools. It mentions in utero surgery though, and we've been told that really isn't something that is used anymore because it hasn't proven to be a successful option.

Hey Andy, I don't know why I missed this but just saw it now. Sending more prayers and good thoughts to your family! Thanks for the link.

Thank you for sharing the link. Down here in the South, Philippians 4:13 has become a popular slogan (and a tad overused), but its meaning is still powerful to me. I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. I pray He strengthens and gives comfort to you and your DW. You all will continue to be in my prayers.

Hey Andy, I don't know why I missed this but just saw it now. Sending more prayers and good thoughts to your family! Thanks for the link.

Thank you for sharing the link. Down here in the South, Philippians 4:13 has become a popular slogan (and a tad overused), but its meaning is still powerful to me. I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. I pray He strengthens and gives comfort to you and your DW. You all will continue to be in my prayers.
Thank you both. Definitely some good Scripture to keep in mind.

Carousel Rage

We woke up Wednesday morning, excited to get the day started. We were on our way to check in for our stay at Disney World!!!

We brought some cereal for breakfast in our hotel room, so it didn’t take long to get up, get ourselves fed and head out the door. Our mission was to be in front of the MK train station when the welcome show began!

We ended up leaving plenty early. Since we had our Magic Bands, we decided to drive straight to MK and we were early enough that we got a very close parking spot at the TTC. I think they’re charging something like $99.99 per hour for those spots now. :rolleyes1

Fortunately, the monorail was operating this morning so we were able to take it to the MK!

In no time at all, we were through security, and standing in front of the train station waiting for the park to open!

We had to wait for about 20 minutes for the welcome show to start, and it really wasn’t very crowded at all. We had plenty of room around us. DD snacked on some Froot Loops that we brought for her and eventually it was show time!

After hearing the happy music and being welcomed into MK, our day was off to a great start!

We had a FP+ for Peter Pan, but our plan was to ride PP first through the standby line if we made RD and then use that FP for something else. We parked the stroller at the parking area near the carousel and headed into the new PP queue for the first time ever. I thought they did a great job with it! I still don’t think I’d want to stand in it for an hour, but I’m glad we finally walked through it. While we waited (only for a few minutes) I changed our FP+ to Haunted Mansion.

I think DW got this one after I parked the stroller while we were on our way to PP.

DSC_0424.jpg

When we left our pirate ship, we went straight to Winnie the Pooh to ride it before the line got long. This is when we started to see some of the effects of the crowds being maybe a touch more than we expected. We’ve done the Pan to Pooh dash after park opening several times in the past with little to no wait for either attraction. This morning, we ended up waiting about 10 minutes for Pooh. Not bad, but we kind of expected a walk on.

After this, DW stopped at the restroom, but DD and I were ready to ride something else. We went on over to Tomorrowland Speedway hoping to get it knocked out before the lines got bad. We ended up having about a 15 minute wait there. Again, not horrible, but a little more than we expected. It gave DW plenty of time to catch up with us and get a few pictures.

20160113_094034.jpg

DSC_0428.jpg

DSC_0429.jpg

Once we got out of the car and I made sure my neck wasn’t broken, we headed to Storybook Circus. DW wasn’t really feeling up for riding anything that spins, so she headed into Big Top Souvenirs while DD and I rode Dumbo and Barnstormer. Thankfully, they were both walk on. We ended up riding Barnstormer twice, back to back!

We located DW in Big Top Souvenirs and decided to head toward Liberty Square for our HM FP. On the way though, we decided to try to ride Under the Sea. Thankfully the line was a walk on so we were able to ride.

And if anyone ever tries to tell you a 2 year old doesn’t remember anything when they go to Disney World, I’ve got something else to tell you. As we passed by the grotto where Ariel meets visitors, DD knew what it was. She remembered it from over a year ago when she had DW take her there for multiple visits. She wanted to go, but we convinced her to just do the ride and we’d meet Ariel later since there was a bit of a line.

On another side note, you might notice that I haven’t mentioned the stroller since we got into the park. Well, in order to save time, we just left it by the carousel. Everything we were going to be doing for the first few hours was within a short walk. DD could walk or ride on my shoulders and it was just quicker and easier than getting the stroller after every ride.

We headed on over to HM and by the time we got there it was actually getting to be the tail end of our FP window. DD wasn’t too crazy about it, but she did ok on it and I’m glad we got to ride since we’d missed it on our last trip.

Our next FP was ready to be used so we headed over to Enchanted Tales with Belle. Apparently after visiting Rapunzel’s throne room.

20160113_103700.jpg

Having done it before, we were prepared to be separated from DD, but DW stayed close to the front so that she could keep an eye on her. Unlike last time, DD didn’t get too excited about auditioning for parts. She ended up not being picked for anything and we had to kind of prod her to go up and get a plate so that she could get a picture with Belle.

20160113_110027.jpg

MK_ENCHANTEDTALESGOLD_7584031543.jpeg

We had a lunch ADR at BoG coming up but we were still just a bit early. DD had asked to do the Tea Cups earlier when we passed, so I offered to take her back over there for a quick ride while DW just found a spot to sit and relax near BoG.

We went for a spin on the Tea Cups and still had a few minutes to kill so we decided to do the carousel too.

We got on and DD picked her horse. I got her situated and strapped in. She asked me to ride the horse next to her. I was literally half way on the horse… one foot on the peg on one side and my other leg crossing the top when some old guy put a little girl (presumably his granddaughter) on the horse basically right under me. I just looked at him incredulously and said excuse me. He just stood there basically 6 inches away from me and wouldn’t even look at me or acknowledge my existence.

That really ticked me off.

Look, I don’t want to deny a little girl of riding the horse of her choice. If she just had to ride that one, and they’d asked I’d have gladly given it up for her with no hard feelings. I’d rather just stand by DD anyway. But this was just ridiculous. I was just fuming through the whole ride. And I did keep a few notes this trip to help me remember things. In case you’re wondering, my notes say “Carousel: some old a hole pissed me off.”

I apparently did manage to let it go for a few minutes and enjoy the ride standing next to DD.

20160113_112706.jpg

After we finished riding, DD and I went to find DW. I was telling DW the story about our experience, probably a little louder than I should have, for the benefit of old a hole who was also waiting to go into BoG. Don’t worry, I kept the language rated G. It wasn’t the kid’s fault. It definitely wasn’t my finest moment. I was being a little bit immature about it, but the situation really just ticked me off.

It wasn’t long before we were checked in and being led into Be Our Guest. This helped me start to feel happier right away. Beautiful scenery and food. What’s not to like?

We didn’t pre-order. I don’t like the idea of doing that because you just never know what you’ll be in the mood for when you get there, but I think we might just do it in the future in order to cut some of the wait time out.

After we ordered, we really had a hard time finding a table. We walked around the ballroom, looked in the West Wing and then basically stalked a family that was getting ready to leave near the music box.

It wasn’t long before our food came and we were ready to dig in. DD had the kid’s grilled cheese with tomato soup and green beans. She ate some of the grilled cheese, but very little of the rest. She actually ended up with DW’s fries and was dipping them in the tomato soup like it was ketchup, so at least she put some of it to use.

DW had the carved turkey and I had the roast beef sandwich. This is the third time we’ve had lunch at BoG. It has quickly become a favorite lunch for us in MK and is something that we always try to do. It is especially a priority if we’re on the dining plan and using a QS credit. The food has always been excellent. But this time… not so much, sadly.

When we got our food, it was just kind of lukewarm. Almost like it had been sitting out for a few minutes before they brought it to us. And the bread on our sandwiches was tough. It definitely wasn’t the best meal of the trip, but BoG is still just an awesome place. I’ll write it off to being an uncharacteristic off day by the restaurant this time and I’m sure it will still be a priority to try to have lunch there and let them redeem themselves on the next trip.

They made the first step in working on their redemption while we were still there. I had a Master’s Cupcake, so I at least left with a good taste in my mouth, literally and figuratively.

DW and DD were still eating when I finished my cupcake, and I was ready to head out on my own for a few minutes. We had originally obtained FP+ for 7DMT after lunch. But given DW’s pregnancy, she wasn’t going to ride. I made a late change to our FP+ and moved mine over to BTMRR. DD was just under 40” when we measured her at home so I was just going to sneak in rides on the bigger attractions if and when I could. I was going to use my band to ride BTMRR, meet back up with DD and DW after they finish eating and then use DW’s band to ride 7DMT with DD.

I speed walked through Liberty Square and Frontierland and I was quickly on BTMRR. The line was actually pretty long… 45 minutes maybe? I was glad to have the FP for it and I was back in my happy place, riding my favorite ride in MK, and the first roller coaster I ever rode.

20160113_123604.jpg

After my ride, I got a text that DW and DD were leaving BoG and wanted to see Mickey’s Philharmagic. I let her know I was on my way. We met up and the timing was perfect, as we were walking in just as the theater doors opened for the next show. We enjoyed the show as always. Philharmagic just has those iconic songs from the movies that I grew up watching in the 90’s and it always gives me goosebumps and leaves me feeling excited about everything Disney.

DD, on the other hand, refused to wear her glasses and was quickly getting restless during the show. Oh well, one of these days she’ll get it.

We got out of there and DD and I headed over to ride 7DMT. This was the first time she’d ridden anything bigger than Goofy’s Barnstormer. I’m not sure if she enjoyed it, so I’ll let you try to decide based on the pictures.

20160113_131104.jpg

20160113_131112.jpg

MK_MINETRAIN_7578175960.jpeg

20160113_131331.jpg

20160113_1313320.jpg

We had planned to go back to the resort by this point in the day to settle into our room. I had done online check in, but the text never came. I realized the check in time wasn’t until 3, but I prioritized early check-in over any other requests for a specific room location. Usually, this works out for us, but it was after 1 and we still hadn’t received a text.

We decided to go ride the Peoplemover to get off of our feet for a while and think about what we’d do next. We actually decided that we’d see if we can get FP for Tink after our ride and we’d just head up towards Town Square and the exit. We were really ready to get out of the park for a while after that busy morning. That’s 15 attractions by just a little bit after one, if you’re keeping track. Despite seeing some longer than expected lines in the morning, I can’t complain at all.

Thankfully, we were able to secure that FP for Tink and we could use it in about 30 minutes. We headed towards Town Square, stopping for some PP pictures along the way and then taking a detour through the Emporium to look around and buy a sparkly Minnie Ears headband for DD.

20160113_135419.jpg

20160113_135429.jpg

MK_MSFIRSTA_7578237619.jpeg

MK_MSFIRSTA_7583998325.jpeg

When we went to pay, in the Emporium I learned that there definitely was an issue with my online check in. I tried to put it on the Magic Band and they said there wasn’t a credit card attached to my account. Um… ok…

I ended up just putting it on my credit card, but I’d made my mind up that I was ready to go back to the resort and figure out what was going on. We couldn’t do that without visiting Tink first...

MK_TSFAIRIESBCHAR_7578255055.jpeg

MK_TSFAIRIESBCHAR_7578254075.jpeg

DD had a great time with Tink. She made a little friend while we were waiting in line and they played a little game of hide and seek with Tink before the other little girl went to do her M&G with Tink.

She also had some money given to her before the trip and she picked out a Tink doll that she wanted. We told her that we’d be back and we can get it later if she really wants it, but we’d look and see what else there was. Spoiler: She actually had enough money for 2 dolls and we ended up bringing home Tink and Ariel.

On our way out of the park we walked past an ice cream cart. I’ve never been one to resist the call of a Mickey Ice Cream bar, so we grabbed a few snacks for the road. I think the monorail was closed when we walked out, because I’m pretty sure we’d have taken it, but in any case, we went to the dock and waited for a ferry to take us to the TTC.

It was time to go check in to Port Orleans… we hoped…

Contest Results:

1. We made it to MK for the Welcome Show. (10 points)

2. Our first ride was Peter Pan. (20 points)

3. We had some issues with our online check-in. (10 points)

4. I wanted to throw somebody off of the carousel. (10 points)

5. We met Tink. (10 points)

6. We ate at Be Our Guest. (10 points)

7. We got a Mickey Ice Cream bar on the way out of MK. (10 points)

8. We took the monorail to MK. (5 points)

9. We took the Ferry to the TTC. (5 points)

Bonus Points:

FantasiaMagic – 10 points because singing like Sebastian and making lobster claws made me laugh.

SoccerDogWithEars – 5 points for being first to answer

Cindianne – 5 points for the latest, greatest idea for a Splash picture.

Gracefulskinny – 5 points for encouraging Small World suicide.

Jandlinz – 5 points, but the Small World singer would get tossed… no almost.

Captain_Oblivious – 10 points for exploding helicopters. .5 point for effort with a “vice versa” answer.

6travel – 5 points, but I was the guy yelling “we wants the redhead!”

Leshaface – 5 points for hair in the face on BTMRR… because that has happened before.

Results for This Round:

FantasiaMagic 60

jandlinz 55

6travel 55

Leshaface 50

Captain_Oblivious 40.5

ashw100 40

vrajewski10513 40

pkondz35

Gracefulskinny 35

Franandaj 35

Dugette 30

Natebenma 30

SoccerDogWithEars 30

Terra Nova Guy 25

SarahDisney 15

cindianne 320 15

MissMaryQC 15

Overall Leaderboard:

Captain_Oblivious 325.5

Pkondz 316

jandlinz 311

SarahDisney 309

Gracefulskinny 308

cindianne 320 275

6travel 261

ashw100 260

FantasiaMagic 257

Chillitsanne 256

Franandaj 252

vrajewski10513 237

Terra Nova Guy 229

Dugette 220

Leshaface 200

Natebenma 195

GoofyIsAsGoofyDoes 176

SoccerDogWithEars 164

MissMaryQC 155

amazingact21 150

ursalita 85

vernie822 80

Next Update Questions:

1. Will our room be ready when we arrive at Port Orleans? (10 points)

2. Which park did we go to after we check in? (20 points)

3. We saw 3 shows (defining a show as something you watch while sitting in a theater) that evening. I’ll give 10 points for any of the shows you can guess.

4. I saw something being done in public that you don’t ordinarily see at Disney World. What was it? (50 points) - Creativity bonus points are available here.

5. What song did we hear in the park way too many times that had DD singing on the way out of the park? (25 points – hint: it wasn’t a Disney song)

6. I noticed something this evening that Disney fans do in the parks that is frequently discussed on the boards but I’d been completely oblivious about ever recognizing it in the parks. What was it? (20 points)

7. I planned for some solo time in MK during EMH this evening. Did it happen? (10 points)

8. What was the last snack I had that day? (10 points)

Thanks for the update! Your daughter is a cutie!

Still keeping you all in my prayers!

Lynn

Love all the pics of DD- she sure was loving everything!

1. Will our room be ready when we arrive at Port Orleans? (10 points) No
2. Which park did we go to after we check in? (20 points) DHS
3. We saw 3 shows (defining a show as something you watch while sitting in a theater) that evening. I’ll give 10 points for any of the shows you can guess. Fantasmic, Little Mermaid, Frozen after ever
4. I saw something being done in public that you don’t ordinarily see at Disney World. What was it? (50 points) - Creativity bonus points are available here. A couple making out.
5. What song did we hear in the park way too many times that had DD singing on the way out of the park? (25 points – hint: it wasn’t a Disney song) Happy by Pharrell
6. I noticed something this evening that Disney fans do in the parks that is frequently discussed on the boards but I’d been completely oblivious about ever recognizing it in the parks. What was it? (20 points) Taking selfies with characters
7. I planned for some solo time in MK during EMH this evening. Did it happen? (10 points) Nope.
8. What was the last snack I had that day? (10 points) Popcorn

After hearing the happy music and being welcomed into MK, our day was off to a great start!
That's great you were able to make it to the Welcome show! I am making sure to do this in July!
We had a FP+ for Peter Pan, but our plan was to ride PP first through the standby line if we made RD and then use that FP for something else. We parked the stroller at the parking area near the carousel and headed into the new PP queue for the first time ever. I thought they did a great job with it! I still don’t think I’d want to stand in it for an hour, but I’m glad we finally walked through it.
I loved the queue too. Yes, it's perfect to see for RD, but I wouldn't want to wait too long for it!
I think DW got this one after I parked the stroller while we were on our way to PP.

DSC_0424.jpg
Adorable, great shot of you and DD.:goodvibes

And if anyone ever tries to tell you a 2 year old doesn’t remember anything when they go to Disney World, I’ve got something else to tell you. As we passed by the grotto where Ariel meets visitors, DD knew what it was. She remembered it from over a year ago when she had DW take her there for multiple visits. She wanted to go, but we convinced her to just do the ride and we’d meet Ariel later since there was a bit of a line.
This is awesome! So sweet.
Look, I don’t want to deny a little girl of riding the horse of her choice. If she just had to ride that one, and they’d asked I’d have gladly given it up for her with no hard feelings. I’d rather just stand by DD anyway. But this was just ridiculous. I was just fuming through the whole ride. And I did keep a few notes this trip to help me remember things. In case you’re wondering, my notes say “Carousel: some old a hole pissed me off.”
That is so frustrating. I would be angry as well... It's good you didn't let it ruin your overall experience on the ride.
We didn’t pre-order. I don’t like the idea of doing that because you just never know what you’ll be in the mood for when you get there, but I think we might just do it in the future in order to cut some of the wait time out.
I agree completely. I'm not a big fan about this pre ordering business. Like picking what you want to eat weeks or months in advance just seems silly.
When we got our food, it was just kind of lukewarm. Almost like it had been sitting out for a few minutes before they brought it to us. And the bread on our sandwiches was tough. It definitely wasn’t the best meal of the trip, but BoG is still just an awesome place. I’ll write it off to being an uncharacteristic off day by the restaurant this time and I’m sure it will still be a priority to try to have lunch there and let them redeem themselves on the next trip.
Ugh that's too bad. I guess every place in Disney has their off days.
They made the first step in working on their redemption while we were still there. I had a Master’s Cupcake, so I at least left with a good taste in my mouth, literally and figuratively.
Yum! Sounds good.:thumbsup2
I speed walked through Liberty Square and Frontierland and I was quickly on BTMRR. The line was actually pretty long… 45 minutes maybe? I was glad to have the FP for it and I was back in my happy place, riding my favorite ride in MK, and the first roller coaster I ever rode.
That's great you were able to get some time to yourself in - especially on your favorite ride!
Philharmagic just has those iconic songs from the movies that I grew up watching in the 90’s and it always gives me goosebumps and leaves me feeling excited about everything Disney.
I always feel the same way:lovestruc
We got out of there and DD and I headed over to ride 7DMT. This was the first time she’d ridden anything bigger than Goofy’s Barnstormer. I’m not sure if she enjoyed it, so I’ll let you try to decide based on the pictures.

20160113_131104.jpg
Aw yay! That's great she enjoyed herself!:goodvibes
That’s 15 attractions by just a little bit after one, if you’re keeping track. Despite seeing some longer than expected lines in the morning, I can’t complain at all.
Wow good for you all for getting so much done! A very successful morning and afternoon in MK!

Adorable picture of DD and Tink. I love her sparkly ears as well!:goodvibes
She actually had enough money for 2 dolls and we ended up bringing home Tink and Ariel.
Smart girl. I just may have the exact same ones, plus some more in my collection...:rolleyes1
It was time to go check in to Port Orleans… we hoped…
Oh no...:confused3
Next Update Questions:
No.
HS - because you were dying to ride RnRc;)
3. We saw 3 shows (defining a show as something you watch while sitting in a theater) that evening. I’ll give 10 points for any of the shows you can guess.
Frozen, Beauty and the Beast, and Fantasmic:wizard:
4. I saw something being done in public that you don’t ordinarily see at Disney World. What was it? (50 points) - Creativity bonus points are available here.
I'm going to make something up since I have no idea....
A group of young adults were playing real life Mario Cart, but were DisBounding as their favorite characters
Heres a video for reference:rotfl2:
5. What song did we hear in the park way too many times that had DD singing on the way out of the park? (25 points – hint: it wasn’t a Disney song)
I Don't want to Miss A Thing - Aerosmith.
**I feel like every time I walked by RnRc last year, I heard that song, and I start laughing hysterically because of Blades of Glory
:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:

6. I noticed something this evening that Disney fans do in the parks that is frequently discussed on the boards but I’d been completely oblivious about ever recognizing it in the parks. What was it? (20 points)
DisBounding?
7. I planned for some solo time in MK during EMH this evening. Did it happen? (10 points)
No.
Popcorn!popcorn::

Wow, 15 attractions by 1pm is really not bad at all!!! I'm impressed!! Also impressed by your ability to sneak off for a ride of your own and meet back up...gotta try that sometime! Great Tink pics too!! I hope the check-in and MB issues got sorted quickly!

:grouphug:

Continuing to keep your family in my thoughts. Thank you for sharing the information about what you are going through.

Two updates i missed, i am catching up now! I didn't read ahead but I understand if my answers are too late lol

They did tell me that DD loved the dolphins. Apparently, part of the dolphin display is kind of a dolphin nursery for some of the younger ones and you can watch them swimming around. DW couldn’t pull her away from there. DW said by the time they left she’d spent enough time talking to one of the trainers/zookeepers that she could pretty much identify and name any of the dolphins they had.

That's so cute, i love dolphins too!

Just as DD turned around and was face to face with a huge sea turtle.

Yeah, she was done with that photo shoot

haha, that is a little terrifying being photo bombed by a sea turtle.

The other story they shared with me was from the sea lion show. They were enjoying the show, and as you can probably tell from the pictures, the weather was clear. But in the middle of the show, about half of the park lost power, including the theater for this show. So they unfortunately didn’t get to see the whole show, but seemed to enjoy what they saw of it. I’ll close out their day with some pictures from the sea lion and orca shows.

DSC_0420.jpg

That's weird the power just randomly turned off. Looks like a cute show though. Seems like DW and DD had a successful day at sea world!

1. Did we make it to MK in time for the Welcome Show? (10 points)

2. What was our first ride of the day? (20 points)

3. We did online check-in. Did things go smoothly with it? (10 points)

4. What ride was I on when I felt the urge to throw somebody off? (10 points) Bonus points if you can guess why I was mad or come up with an entertaining theory.

5. Which character meet, not including Belle, did we do in MK? (10 points)

6. Where did we eat lunch? (10 points)

7. What snack did we get on the way out of MK that afternoon? (10 points)

8. Which form of Disney transportation did we take from TTC to MK? (5 points)

9. Which form of Disney transportation did we take from MK to TTC? (5 points)

1.yes
2. dumbo
3. yes
4. dumbo, because elephants can fly you wanted to see if people could too.
5. Elsa and Anna
6. BOG
7. rice krispies
8. Monorail
9, Monorail

Thanks for the update! Your daughter is a cutie!
Thank you!

Still keeping you all in my prayers!
Thanks. We truly appreciate it.

Love all the pics of DD- she sure was loving everything!
She was definitely having a blast.

1. Will our room be ready when we arrive at Port Orleans? (10 points) No
2. Which park did we go to after we check in? (20 points) DHS
3. We saw 3 shows (defining a show as something you watch while sitting in a theater) that evening. I’ll give 10 points for any of the shows you can guess. Fantasmic, Little Mermaid, Frozen after ever
4. I saw something being done in public that you don’t ordinarily see at Disney World. What was it? (50 points) - Creativity bonus points are available here. A couple making out.
5. What song did we hear in the park way too many times that had DD singing on the way out of the park? (25 points – hint: it wasn’t a Disney song) Happy by Pharrell
6. I noticed something this evening that Disney fans do in the parks that is frequently discussed on the boards but I’d been completely oblivious about ever recognizing it in the parks. What was it? (20 points) Taking selfies with characters
7. I planned for some solo time in MK during EMH this evening. Did it happen? (10 points) Nope.
8. What was the last snack I had that day? (10 points) Popcorn
Got em!

That's great you were able to make it to the Welcome show! I am making sure to do this in July!
I always make an effort to see it once each trip. I especially love it if we can do it that first morning. It just really sets the tone for the day and the trip. :goodvibes

I loved the queue too. Yes, it's perfect to see for RD, but I wouldn't want to wait too long for it!
Exactly! That's how I feel about all the interactive and upgraded queues. They're neat, but I still don't want to spend 2 hours checking it out.

Adorable, great shot of you and DD.:goodvibes
Thanks!

This is awesome! So sweet.
It's just the little things like this. I know she remembered going when she was 2 because she talks about it, but when you go back, walk by a specific location and she remembered exactly what she did there before... it really goes to show how much they actually take in at a young age.

That is so frustrating. I would be angry as well... It's good you didn't let it ruin your overall experience on the ride.
It isn't like the carousel is a favorite of mine anyway. :rolleyes1

I agree completely. I'm not a big fan about this pre ordering business. Like picking what you want to eat weeks or months in advance just seems silly.
Exactly. I'm not even a big fan of having to plan all my ADRs at 6 months. I wish there would be more flexibility for last minute ADR changes if we decide we want Mexican instead of Italian for lunch on an EPCOT day or vice versa, ya know?

Ugh that's too bad. I guess every place in Disney has their off days.
Yeah, it happens. I just hope our next time is better or it might not be such a priority to go back every trip.

Yum! Sounds good.:thumbsup2
The cupcake was awesome, as always.

That's great you were able to get some time to yourself in - especially on your favorite ride!
::yes:: :jumping1:

I always feel the same way:lovestruc
It is just classic Disney. I love it!

Aw yay! That's great she enjoyed herself!:goodvibes
She had a blast!!!

Wow good for you all for getting so much done! A very successful morning and afternoon in MK!
It definitely was! We stayed a little bit longer than we planned, but we really did get through a lot of things that morning!

Adorable picture of DD and Tink. I love her sparkly ears as well!:goodvibes
I wish she liked them better. She didn't want to wear them very much at all. She actually doesn't like to wear hardly anything on her head or let DW do anything with her hair.

Smart girl. I just may have the exact same ones, plus some more in my collection...:rolleyes1

HS - because you were dying to ride RnRc;)

Frozen, Beauty and the Beast, and Fantasmic:wizard:

I'm going to make something up since I have no idea....
A group of young adults were playing real life Mario Cart, but were DisBounding as their favorite characters
Heres a video for reference:rotfl2:

I Don't want to Miss A Thing - Aerosmith.
**I feel like every time I walked by RnRc last year, I heard that song, and I start laughing hysterically because of Blades of Glory

DisBounding?

Got em!

Wow, 15 attractions by 1pm is really not bad at all!!! I'm impressed!! Also impressed by your ability to sneak off for a ride of your own and meet back up...gotta try that sometime! Great Tink pics too!! I hope the check-in and MB issues got sorted quickly!
No, it wasn't a bad morning. I was expecting it to be a little worse after seeing the lines stack up a little bit on us for Pooh and the Speedway, but we never really waited again after those. Use of FP and some other attractions with quick moving lines helped a lot!

I always have to ride BTMRR at least twice. Once in the daylight and once in the dark. I was glad to be halfway to my goal!

:grouphug:

Continuing to keep your family in my thoughts. Thank you for sharing the information about what you are going through.
Thank you.

Two updates i missed, i am catching up now! I didn't read ahead but I understand if my answers are too late lol
Um... you got some right. So the judges rule half points for being late. 12.5 points will be added to your score in the next update. :thumbsup2

That's so cute, i love dolphins too!
Who doesn't? :confused3

haha, that is a little terrifying being photo bombed by a sea turtle.
That thing is like twice her size. I can see why it might have freaked her out.

That's weird the power just randomly turned off. Looks like a cute show though. Seems like DW and DD had a successful day at sea world!
Yeah, I'm not sure what happened. I don't think they ever heard either. They really seemed to enjoy Sea World.

We had to wait for about 20 minutes for the welcome show to start, and it really wasn’t very crowded at all. We had plenty of room around us. DD snacked on some Froot Loops that we brought for her and eventually it was show time!

After hearing the happy music and being welcomed into MK, our day was off to a great start

:dogdance:

Cute pictures, DD looks like shes having a blast!

Sounds very frustrating, but the note made me lol :rotfl:

DW had the carved turkey and I had the roast beef sandwich. This is the third time we’ve had lunch at BoG. It has quickly become a favorite lunch for us in MK and is something that we always try to do. It is especially a priority if we’re on the dining plan and using a QS credit. The food has always been excellent. But this time… not so much, sadly.

Bummer, sounds like they had a off day. I have yet to go to BOG but i really want too.

After my ride, I got a text that DW and DD were leaving BoG and wanted to see Mickey’s Philharmagic. I let her know I was on my way. We met up and the timing was perfect, as we were walking in just as the theater doors opened for the next show. We enjoyed the show as always. Philharmagic just has those iconic songs from the movies that I grew up watching in the 90’s and it always gives me goosebumps and leaves me feeling excited about everything Disney.

Phillharmagic is my top 3 favorite things to do in MK, I get the same goosebums and excited feelings!! :love:

Great photos, what a successful morning at MK!

Next Update Questions:

1. it was ready after you went to the front desk
2. DHS
3. Frozen ever after, little mermaid, fantasmic
4. hmmm sounds interesting, i am going to guess a couple being too touchy with each other lol
5. uptown funk
6. people playing the heads up app in line
7. yes
8. mickey ice cream bar

I think they’re charging something like $99.99 per hour for those spots now. :rolleyes1

You guys parked in the cheap spots?

I thought they did a great job with it! I still don’t think I’d want to stand in it for an hour, but I’m glad we finally walked through it.

That was basically my thoughts. It's nice (although I actually didn't love it as much as most people), but not nice enough for me to want to wait forever in that line.
If Disney's intention was to create a line that people want to wait in for an hour, they failed. Then again ... I'm pretty sure there's no such thing as a line that people want to wait in for an hour.

Aw, I love this daddy/daughter picture!!

We ended up riding Barnstormer twice, back to back!

That is pretty cool. I actually don't think I've ever done that with anything at Disney.

She ended up not being picked for anything and we had to kind of prod her to go up and get a plate so that she could get a picture with Belle.

Just fyi ... in my experience, if your kid doesn't want to participate, they'll still let her go up for a picture. She just has to get up and walk over to where the other kids are when it's picture time.

We got on and DD picked her horse. I got her situated and strapped in. She asked me to ride the horse next to her. I was literally half way on the horse… one foot on the peg on one side and my other leg crossing the top when some old guy put a little girl (presumably his granddaughter) on the horse basically right under me. I just looked at him incredulously and said excuse me. He just stood there basically 6 inches away from me and wouldn’t even look at me or acknowledge my existence.

What the ...?
That's pretty ridiculous.

“Carousel: some old a hole pissed me off.”

I feel like that's a common note for carousels.
Not sure why, it just sounds right.

DW and DD were still eating when I finished my cupcake, and I was ready to head out on my own for a few minutes. We had originally obtained FP+ for 7DMT after lunch. But given DW’s pregnancy, she wasn’t going to ride. I made a late change to our FP+ and moved mine over to BTMRR. DD was just under 40” when we measured her at home so I was just going to sneak in rides on the bigger attractions if and when I could. I was going to use my band to ride BTMRR, meet back up with DD and DW after they finish eating and then use DW’s band to ride 7DMT with DD.

So ... ditching your wife and daughter for a ride. Real nice, Andy.

Definitely looks like she hated it. I'm guessing she really hated you for forcing her to ride it.
(I will admit, I'm no kid expert ... if she's smiling, that means she hated it, right?)

That’s 15 attractions by just a little bit after one, if you’re keeping track. Despite seeing some longer than expected lines in the morning, I can’t complain at all.

Excellent! That's a pretty great morning-plus!

Spoiler: She actually had enough money for 2 dolls and we ended up bringing home Tink and Ariel.

Those are excellent doll choices!

No

Hollywood Studios

Disney Junior
Frozen Sing Along
Muppet Vision 3D

I'm guessing public urination is not unusual at Disney World, and I know you have some experience from your last trip with outfit changes (I don't think I will ever forget that Anna/Elsa dress story), so I'm going to go with ... a child pushing an adult in a stroller.

Stitches. Or whatever that stupid song is called.

DisneyBounding

Yes. I have high hopes for your EMH time.

The famous Disney popcorn.

I really hope some of these answers are right, because I did pretty terribly last round.

Since we had our Magic Bands, we decided to drive straight to MK and we were early enough that we got a very close parking spot at the TTC. I think they’re charging something like $99.99 per hour for those spots now.
I think the next logical step is charging for the tram ride. Pay up or you walk! I say that sarcastically…somewhat…

We’ve done the Pan to Pooh dash after park opening several times in the past with little to no wait for either attraction. This morning, we ended up waiting about 10 minutes for Pooh. Not bad, but we kind of expected a walk on.
I’ve never tried that Pan to Pooh dash. I should keep it in mind. I really need to sharpen up my touring plan.

We headed on over to HM and by the time we got there it was actually getting to be the tail end of our FP window. DD wasn’t too crazy about it, but she did ok on it and I’m glad we got to ride since we’d missed it on our last trip.
Good that DD was willing to try it. I haven’t been able to convince my youngest DD8 to go near it. It’s funny because her older sister is a fan of horror movies, but she is the exact opposite.

I was literally half way on the horse… one foot on the peg on one side and my other leg crossing the top when some old guy put a little girl (presumably his granddaughter) on the horse basically right under me.
I want to say “unbelievable”, but sadly the attitude of the overall guest population at WDW seems to be getting collectively worse. Definitely an awful lot of entitlement and ignorance going on.

I apparently did manage to let it go for a few minutes and enjoy the ride standing next to DD.

20160113_112706.jpg
I love the “selfie kissy lips face” that DD has in this picture. Teenager in training! :rotfl:

It definitely wasn’t the best meal of the trip, but BoG is still just an awesome place. I’ll write it off to being an uncharacteristic off day by the restaurant this time and I’m sure it will still be a priority to try to have lunch there and let them redeem themselves on the next trip.
I really need to give BoG a try. I’ve read mainly positive reviews, but also a few so-so ones that have so far kept me hesitating to go. The interior looks awesome though.

It’s my favourite too. It seems we have very similar feelings about BTMRR. It’s one of the first coasters I remember as a kid and I’ve loved it ever since. One of my best Disney memories is doing a back to back loop on BTMRR (as in not even getting out of the seat at the loading platform) near the end of a Halloween party on my birthday a few years back. I may never top that.

DD, on the other hand, refused to wear her glasses and was quickly getting restless during the show. Oh well, one of these days she’ll get it.
She’ll grow out of it. My DD did exactly the same thing at 3D shows until our last trip when she was 7. She did the same at the movies and it bugged the life out of me when I would ask if she wanted to see 2D or 3D, she always said 3D, so I spend the couple extra bucks, and then she watches it with the glasses off. :confused:

Next Update Questions:

1. Yes
2. Hollywood Studios
3. Little Mermaid, Disney Junior, Frozen Sing Along
4. Someone running up an pantsing a citizen of Hollywood! OK, that was my attempt at a perhaps funny/stupid answer. The real answer, hmm...let's say a loud argument, with swearing?
5. The only non-Disney song I can think you may hear in DHS would be something by Aerosmith down by RnRC. How about "Walk This Way"? Maybe catchy for 4 year old????
6. Disney bounding
7. Yes
8. Dole Whip

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter