I Can't, I'm Not Wearing a Princess Dress! - New TR link!!!!

Cute pictures, DD looks like shes having a blast!
Yes, she was having a great time!

Sounds very frustrating, but the note made me lol :rotfl:
It definitely was very frustrating!

Bummer, sounds like they had a off day. I have yet to go to BOG but i really want too.
It is worth going, for sure. It is just an awesome place to check out. Like I said, we've thought the lunch there is one of the better quick service meals you can get anywhere at Disney World, but we were definitely a little bit let down by this experience.
Phillharmagic is my top 3 favorite things to do in MK, I get the same goosebums and excited feelings!! :love:
I really love that show. Most shows, I like to see maybe a few times and then I'm kind of ready for a little bit of a refurb to keep it fresh. This is not one of those shows.

Great photos, what a successful morning at MK!
Thanks! It really was a great morning for us.

1. it was ready after you went to the front desk
2. DHS
3. Frozen ever after, little mermaid, fantasmic
4. hmmm sounds interesting, i am going to guess a couple being too touchy with each other lol
5. uptown funk
6. people playing the heads up app in line
7. yes
8. mickey ice cream bar
Got em!

You guys parked in the cheap spots?
I don't have Iger money.

Yet ironically enough, he has plenty of mine. :rolleyes1

That was basically my thoughts. It's nice (although I actually didn't love it as much as most people), but not nice enough for me to want to wait forever in that line.
If Disney's intention was to create a line that people want to wait in for an hour, they failed. Then again ... I'm pretty sure there's no such thing as a line that people want to wait in for an hour.
Yeah, I mean unless the line is a totally immersive experience in and of itself that has some repeatability factor to it, then that just ain't gonna happen.

Aw, I love this daddy/daughter picture!!
Thanks!

That is pretty cool. I actually don't think I've ever done that with anything at Disney.
I saw someone do it on Barnstormer before so since there was nobody getting on in our car anyway, I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask!

Just fyi ... in my experience, if your kid doesn't want to participate, they'll still let her go up for a picture. She just has to get up and walk over to where the other kids are when it's picture time.
Yeah, but she was being stubborn and I'm pretty sure she wouldn't have done that. We convinced her to get a prop and go with the other kids and once she did that, she was fine.

What the ...?
That's pretty ridiculous.
Yes. Yes it was.

I feel like that's a common note for carousels.
Not sure why, it just sounds right.
:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:

So ... ditching your wife and daughter for a ride. Real nice, Andy.
You'd better get used to it if you're going to keep reading this TR. :rolleyes1

Definitely looks like she hated it. I'm guessing she really hated you for forcing her to ride it.
(I will admit, I'm no kid expert ... if she's smiling, that means she hated it, right?)
Something like that.

Excellent! That's a pretty great morning-plus!
::yes::

Those are excellent doll choices!
Sure. :confused3 :rotfl:

Hollywood Studios

Disney Junior
Frozen Sing Along
Muppet Vision 3D

I'm guessing public urination is not unusual at Disney World, and I know you have some experience from your last trip with outfit changes (I don't think I will ever forget that Anna/Elsa dress story), so I'm going to go with ... a child pushing an adult in a stroller.

Stitches. Or whatever that stupid song is called.

DisneyBounding

Yes. I have high hopes for your EMH time.

The famous Disney popcorn.
Got em!

I really hope some of these answers are right, because I did pretty terribly last round.
Yes, you did.

I think the next logical step is charging for the tram ride. Pay up or you walk! I say that sarcastically…somewhat…
You really can't put it past them. I heard on a podcast recently that Disney has sent out surveys asking if guests would be willing to pay a resort fee at Disney resorts... and the amenities they were tying in to that resort fee are things that are already included, like free parking and Disney Transportation. :faint:

I’ve never tried that Pan to Pooh dash. I should keep it in mind. I really need to sharpen up my touring plan.
It works pretty well. We always try to do that, but you've really got to hit rope drop and get back to Fantasyland pretty quick. But it is definitely nice to have 2 of the rides that aren't called 7DMT that line up the fastest out of the way within about the first 30 minutes of the park being open!

Good that DD was willing to try it. I haven’t been able to convince my youngest DD8 to go near it. It’s funny because her older sister is a fan of horror movies, but she is the exact opposite.
I don't really think she knew what we were getting her into until we were already in... :rolleyes1

I want to say “unbelievable”, but sadly the attitude of the overall guest population at WDW seems to be getting collectively worse. Definitely an awful lot of entitlement and ignorance going on.
::yes:: I can potentially see where he might not have seen me at first from the angle he was approaching from. But to just turn away and completely ignore me as I was trying to get his attention? Really?

I love the “selfie kissy lips face” that DD has in this picture. Teenager in training! :rotfl:
You have no idea...

I really need to give BoG a try. I’ve read mainly positive reviews, but also a few so-so ones that have so far kept me hesitating to go. The interior looks awesome though.
I know I just gave it one of those so-so reviews, but I have to say that if you haven't gone you definitely should! It is worth going just to check it out. If nothing else, try to snag a late lunch ADR or something and go for some dessert. No matter which of the cupcakes you choose, I've not heard a bad word uttered about any of them.

It’s my favourite too. It seems we have very similar feelings about BTMRR. It’s one of the first coasters I remember as a kid and I’ve loved it ever since. One of my best Disney memories is doing a back to back loop on BTMRR (as in not even getting out of the seat at the loading platform) near the end of a Halloween party on my birthday a few years back. I may never top that.
That would be amazing!!!!

She’ll grow out of it. My DD did exactly the same thing at 3D shows until our last trip when she was 7. She did the same at the movies and it bugged the life out of me when I would ask if she wanted to see 2D or 3D, she always said 3D, so I spend the couple extra bucks, and then she watches it with the glasses off. :confused:
I just wouldn't even think about taking her to a 3D movie if I'm paying a premium for it! :rotfl2:

1. Yes
2. Hollywood Studios
3. Little Mermaid, Disney Junior, Frozen Sing Along
4. Someone running up an pantsing a citizen of Hollywood! OK, that was my attempt at a perhaps funny/stupid answer. The real answer, hmm...let's say a loud argument, with swearing?
5. The only non-Disney song I can think you may hear in DHS would be something by Aerosmith down by RnRC. How about "Walk This Way"? Maybe catchy for 4 year old????
6. Disney bounding
7. Yes
8. Dole Whip
Got em!

We parked the stroller at the parking area near the carousel and headed into the new PP queue for the first time ever.
Have yet to see that queue...someday I'll find the line short enough to not use a FP+ there, I guess!

DSC_0424.jpg
Very cute!

And if anyone ever tries to tell you a 2 year old doesn’t remember anything when they go to Disney World, I’ve got something else to tell you. As we passed by the grotto where Ariel meets visitors, DD knew what it was. She remembered it from over a year ago when she had DW take her there for multiple visits. She wanted to go, but we convinced her to just do the ride and we’d meet Ariel later since there was a bit of a line.
Yep, it's amazing how much they remember! We have the same thing happen with Izzy, remembering things from when she was 1 or 2!

She asked me to ride the horse next to her. I was literally half way on the horse… one foot on the peg on one side and my other leg crossing the top when some old guy put a little girl (presumably his granddaughter) on the horse basically right under me. I just looked at him incredulously and said excuse me. He just stood there basically 6 inches away from me and wouldn’t even look at me or acknowledge my existence.
How bizarre! :confused3 Wonder what would have happened if you just shared the horse? :scratchin

She actually ended up with DW’s fries and was dipping them in the tomato soup like it was ketchup, so at least she put some of it to use.
:rotfl: Clever kid.

I think she liked it! Cute! It's driving me crazy that Izzy is tall enough to ride this now (finally!), but we don't have a trip planned. :sad1:

. That’s 15 attractions by just a little bit after one, if you’re keeping track. Despite seeing some longer than expected lines in the morning, I can’t complain at all.
:worship: Wow, that is a great morning, especially with a little one along.

1. Will our room be ready when we arrive at Port Orleans? (10 points)
No

2. Which park did we go to after we check in? (20 points)
DHS

3. We saw 3 shows (defining a show as something you watch while sitting in a theater) that evening. I’ll give 10 points for any of the shows you can guess.
Disney Junior, Frozen, Little Mermaid

4. I saw something being done in public that you don’t ordinarily see at Disney World. What was it? (50 points) - Creativity bonus points are available here.
Cast member doing something that doesn't match their role (i.e. - Tower of Terror CM riding RnRC).

5. What song did we hear in the park way too many times that had DD singing on the way out of the park? (25 points – hint: it wasn’t a Disney song)
Hooray for Hollywood

6. I noticed something this evening that Disney fans do in the parks that is frequently discussed on the boards but I’d been completely oblivious about ever recognizing it in the parks. What was it? (20 points)
Disneybounding

7. I planned for some solo time in MK during EMH this evening. Did it happen? (10 points)
Yes

8. What was the last snack I had that day? (10 points)
Corn dog nuggets

We woke up Wednesday morning, excited to get the day started. We were on our way to check in for our stay at Disney World!!!

I would suspect a modicum of excitement.

Our mission was to be in front of the MK train station when the welcome show began!

Your mission, if you chose to accept it...

we were early enough that we got a very close parking spot at the TTC. I think they’re charging something like $99.99 per hour for those spots now. :rolleyes1

That would actually be pretty much in line with their prices.

We had to wait for about 20 minutes for the welcome show to start, and it really wasn’t very crowded at all.

And yet... there were waits for rides you thought would be walk ons.
Interesting.

We parked the stroller at the parking area near the carousel and headed into the new PP queue for the first time ever. I thought they did a great job with it!

::yes:: That queue's the greatest.
I wouldn't want to wait in line either, but if you had to,
that's not a bad way to spend the time.

Definitely on a mission...
Nice pic of you guys.

We’ve done the Pan to Pooh dash after park opening several times in the past with little to no wait for either attraction. This morning, we ended up waiting about 10 minutes for Pooh. Not bad, but we kind of expected a walk on.

I've never waited in line for that ride.
And unless something drastically happens, I never will.

What the heck is she doing sitting like that! You have to steer!

Once we got out of the car and I made sure my neck wasn’t broken

Oh? Was she stomping on the brakes?

DW wasn’t really feeling up for riding anything that spins

Smart.

We ended up riding Barnstormer twice, back to back!

Never been on it.
Should I? (without kids)

we decided to try to ride Under the Sea. Thankfully the line was a walk on so we were able to ride.

I think Disney grossly over estimated that place's attraction.

And if anyone ever tries to tell you a 2 year old doesn’t remember anything when they go to Disney World, I’ve got something else to tell you. As we passed by the grotto where Ariel meets visitors, DD knew what it was. She remembered it from over a year ago

Huh. That's pretty impressive, actually.

On another side note, you might notice that I haven’t mentioned the stroller since we got into the park. Well, in order to save time, we just left it by the carousel. Everything we were going to be doing for the first few hours was within a short walk. DD could walk or ride on my shoulders and it was just quicker and easier than getting the stroller after every ride.

Hadn't noticed since I figured you just weren't mentioning it.

DD wasn’t too crazy about it, but she did ok on it

That's good. My DDs wouldn't go on it at that age.

Aww... cute pic!

We got on and DD picked her horse. I got her situated and strapped in. She asked me to ride the horse next to her. I was literally half way on the horse… one foot on the peg on one side and my other leg crossing the top when some old guy put a little girl (presumably his granddaughter) on the horse basically right under me. I just looked at him incredulously and said excuse me. He just stood there basically 6 inches away from me and wouldn’t even look at me or acknowledge my existence.

What a jerk.
Plus... if you hadn't seen them, you could've sat right on his kid.

In case you’re wondering, my notes say “Carousel: some old a hole pissed me off.”

:lmao:

Oh, no! She's doing duck face already?!?!? :faint:

It definitely wasn’t my finest moment. I was being a little bit immature about it, but the situation really just ticked me off.

We've all been there.

It wasn’t long before we were checked in and being led into Be Our Guest.

Such a great place for lunch.
QS meal but feels like TS.

We didn’t pre-order. I don’t like the idea of doing that because you just never know what you’ll be in the mood for when you get there, but I think we might just do it in the future in order to cut some of the wait time out.

I've been twice and pre-ordered both times.
I love just walking in, sitting down and your food is brought to you.
Feels like royalty.

basically stalked a family that was getting ready to leave near the music box.

Better let him have the table folks.
He's still raging. Who knows what he'll do.

"Andy is about to sit down when the guy from the carousel plops his DD down in Andy's chair."

The food has always been excellent. But this time… not so much, sadly.

Darn. That's too bad. I've enjoyed the food there.
Mind you I've only had the braised pork.

When we got our food, it was just kind of lukewarm. Almost like it had been sitting out for a few minutes before they brought it to us. And the bread on our sandwiches was tough. It definitely wasn’t the best meal of the trip, but BoG is still just an awesome place. I’ll write it off to being an uncharacteristic off day by the restaurant this time and I’m sure it will still be a priority to try to have lunch there and let them redeem themselves on the next trip.

I'd do the same.
Any place that makes hundreds (thousands?) of meals a day is going to have a few below par ones. If it happens again, then you've got a trend. Unfortunately, with the plethora of restaurants to try and the limited time you have, you really want to try to get that "great" meal every time.

I was going to use my band to ride BTMRR, meet back up with DD and DW after they finish eating and then use DW’s band to ride 7DMT with DD.

Smart. Now I know why you brought them with you.
Advantage over solo touring right there.

I speed walked through Liberty Square and Frontierland and I was quickly on BTMRR. The line was actually pretty long… 45 minutes maybe? I was glad to have the FP for it

::yes:: I've stood in that line once. That was enough.
I'll either rope drop it, EMH it or FP it.

Looks like you were bored though. Yawning away.

Philharmagic just has those iconic songs from the movies that I grew up watching in the 90’s and it always gives me goosebumps and leaves me feeling excited about everything Disney.

That's so weird. I hardly remember the music. I'm busy watching the 3D. I'm sure that at the time I'm listening, but... :confused3

DD, on the other hand, refused to wear her glasses and was quickly getting restless during the show. Oh well, one of these days she’ll get it.

Too bad. One of my favourite memories is when youngest DD was 4 and she was trying to grab the jewels out of the air.

We got out of there and DD and I headed over to ride 7DMT. This was the first time she’d ridden anything bigger than Goofy’s Barnstormer. I’m not sure if she enjoyed it, so I’ll let you try to decide based on the pictures.

20160113_131112.jpg

Bored. Yawning.

I realized the check in time wasn’t until 3, but I prioritized early check-in over any other requests for a specific room location. Usually, this works out for us, but it was after 1 and we still hadn’t received a text.

I never get there except late in the day or even night.
What time (in your experience) are the rooms usually available?

That’s 15 attractions by just a little bit after one,

Pretty good! Especially with a little one in tow (mostly.)

When we went to pay, in the Emporium I learned that there definitely was an issue with my online check in. I tried to put it on the Magic Band and they said there wasn’t a credit card attached to my account.

Crap. That's one of the biggest perks (for me) is not having to carry any thing else with me.
So my CC would've been safely tucked away in the room.

Then again, maybe if you'd checked in already, you would've been the same?

She also had some money given to her before the trip and she picked out a Tink doll that she wanted. We told her that we’d be back and we can get it later if she really wants it, but we’d look and see what else there was.

::yes:: That's exactly how we handled our DDs.
They had their own money and we told them two things.
1. "Don't buy on impulse. If you're sure you want to get something, we will 100% for sure go back to get it."
2. Once your money is gone, it's gone. So spend wisely.

Spoiler: She actually had enough money for 2 dolls and we ended up bringing home Tink and Ariel.

Oh that's just great! You had to just blurt it out! you couldn't even use the
Sheesh!
button?
This whole TR is ruined!!!

I’ve never been one to resist the call of a Mickey Ice Cream bar, so we grabbed a few snacks for the road.

Had one of those for the first time last trip.
Sure hits the spot on a hot day.

It was time to go check in to Port Orleans… we hoped…

Queue ominous music.

As for the contest...
1. By the time you get your MB sorted out at the resort... yes.
2. I'll go with the crowd and guess DHS.
3. I'll pick Frozen, Little Mermaid, Muppets
4. A small kid wading in a fountain. This was quickly put to rest when the Disney police attached an UP amount of balloons to him and he floated away. Oddly enough, his parents seemed more relieved than upset.
5. Aerosmith. Probably Walk This Way.
6. Disneybounding
7. Yep.
8. Pretzel

I try not to let things bother me too much when in Disney World, but yeah, that dude on the carousel was a total a hole.

Definitely a productive morning. I can't believe how much y'all were able to get done with little or no wait! The pictures of DD on Mine Train are awesome. I'm just sorry she didn't enjoy it more. :rotfl:

Sorry BOG was a bust this time around. I had lunch there for the first time in February and really enjoyed the turkey sandwich. I ate there with my parents and sister because DH wasn't interested in the offerings, and DS barely touched the grilled cheese, so that may end up being my one and only trip there, at least until DD is old enough to eat there.

Hey Andy,

It's good to get some time to catch up here. The link was a really nice write up on CDH; very informative, but not overdone. I've been praying for a while now, and will continue to for the long haul. Keep your faith strong and your chin up.

On a completely different note, what the he11 is wrong with people?! Sorry you had to have someone be a jerk and wreck the magic in those few moments. Blech!

Good to know that even if the food isn't superb at BoG it's worth going. That's what I'm banking on for October. Hopefully, they'll have a better day.

Anyhow, you're not the only one can't keep up on any threads including his/her own. Life is in a busy season and we all get it. Just focus on what you need to, the DIS will be here when you can be here.

Just stopping by to say "hi". Next time I have downtime, yours is the next TR that will get comments. You knowhow it is when you're running to make rope drop!

After hearing the happy music and being welcomed into MK, our day was off to a great start!
:goodvibes

I think DW got this one after I parked the stroller while we were on our way to PP.

DSC_0424.jpg
Super cute!

It gave DW plenty of time to catch up with us and get a few pictures.

20160113_094034.jpg
I'm loving all the Daddy/Daughter pictures! It looks like such a special day for you two!

On another side note, you might notice that I haven’t mentioned the stroller since we got into the park. Well, in order to save time, we just left it by the carousel. Everything we were going to be doing for the first few hours was within a short walk. DD could walk or ride on my shoulders and it was just quicker and easier than getting the stroller after every ride.
I was wondering if this would be easier. We lug around a double and a single and it can get to be a pain to park and unload.

They made the first step in working on their redemption while we were still there. I had a Master’s Cupcake, so I at least left with a good taste in my mouth, literally and figuratively.
I was hoping to book a BOG reservation. Now I'm a little nervous. I have a very picky mom and I know she has high expectations.

I was glad to have the FP for it and I was back in my happy place, riding my favorite ride in MK, and the first roller coaster I ever rode.
This was my first roller coaster too. I rode it with my dad.:love:

I’m not sure if she enjoyed it, so I’ll let you try to decide based on the pictures.
Loving it!

When we went to pay, in the Emporium I learned that there definitely was an issue with my online check in. I tried to put it on the Magic Band and they said there wasn’t a credit card attached to my account. Um… ok…
Uh, oh!

We couldn’t do that without visiting Tink first...

MK_TSFAIRIESBCHAR_7578255055.jpeg
Your DD is adorable!

3. We saw 3 shows (defining a show as something you watch while sitting in a theater) that evening. I’ll give 10 points for any of the shows you can guess.

4. I saw something being done in public that you don’t ordinarily see at Disney World. What was it? (50 points) - Creativity bonus points are available here.

5. What song did we hear in the park way too many times that had DD singing on the way out of the park? (25 points – hint: it wasn’t a Disney song)

6. I noticed something this evening that Disney fans do in the parks that is frequently discussed on the boards but I’d been completely oblivious about ever recognizing it in the parks. What was it? (20 points)

7. I planned for some solo time in MK during EMH this evening. Did it happen? (10 points)

1. Yes
2. DHS
3. Frozen, Ariel, Fantasmic
4. Two Minions fighting Evil Emperor Zurg!
5. One Call Away (My daughter sings it constantly because Superman's got nothing on me).
6. Disneybounding
7. Yes
8. Popcorn

Hi everyone. I've been reading the dis today but replies on the phone are difficult. I'm sitting in a hospital waiting room right now while DW is in an MRI.

I'm hoping to get caught up on replies here and elsewhere tomorrow and once I get that done the next update is ready to be posted.

A little late on my reply. Carousel guy....seriously. Maybe he was related to the ECV hot rodder. :thumbsup2

1. Yes
2. Hollywood Studios
3. Little Mermaid, Disney Jr, Frozen Singalong
4. Stormtroopers fighting the Green Army men
5. Aerosmith song
6. Disneybound?
7. Yes
8. Dole Whip

Hi everyone. I've been reading the dis today but replies on the phone are difficult. I'm sitting in a hospital waiting room right now while DW is in an MRI.

I'm hoping to get caught up on replies here and elsewhere tomorrow and once I get that done the next update is ready to be posted.
Wishing you the best during this difficult time.

I think they’re charging something like $99.99 per hour for those spots now.

So it's similar to early entry, late entry, dessert fireworks shows, dining plans, park hoppers, etc.:rolleyes1

We parked the stroller at the parking area near the carousel and headed into the new PP queue for the first time ever. I thought they did a great job with it!

Me too. I like that they're trying hard to make the standby waits manageable through efforts like that.

Nice shot there.:thumbsup2

We’ve done the Pan to Pooh dash after park opening several times in the past with little to no wait for either attraction.

I thought the Pan to Poo dash took place in Pizza Hut.

We ended up having about a 15 minute wait there. Again, not horrible, but a little more than we expected.

FP+, spreading everyone out.

Looks like you went on a thrilling 7 mph ride there.

And if anyone ever tries to tell you a 2 year old doesn’t remember anything when they go to Disney World, I’ve got something else to tell you. As we passed by the grotto where Ariel meets visitors, DD knew what it was.

Great! Bonus memories because they're free!

Apparently after visiting Rapunzel’s throne room.

:rotfl2: Hope you left a nice peace offering for the kingdom.

I was literally half way on the horse… one foot on the peg on one side and my other leg crossing the top when some old guy put a little girl (presumably his granddaughter) on the horse basically right under me. I just looked at him incredulously and said excuse me. He just stood there basically 6 inches away from me and wouldn’t even look at me or acknowledge my existence.

1250.gif

This is when people try to play the "No speaka de English" game. I hate people.

And I did keep a few notes this trip to help me remember things. In case you’re wondering, my notes say “Carousel: some old a hole pissed me off.”

Is that a technical term?

We didn’t pre-order. I don’t like the idea of doing that because you just never know what you’ll be in the mood for when you get there, but I think we might just do it in the future in order to cut some of the wait time out.

Yeah, I might be inclined to try and save time as well.

I speed walked through Liberty Square and Frontierland and I was quickly on BTMRR. The line was actually pretty long… 45 minutes maybe? I was glad to have the FP for it and I was back in my happy place, riding my favorite ride in MK, and the first roller coaster I ever rode.

:woohoo: And all is right with the world.

DD, on the other hand, refused to wear her glasses and was quickly getting restless during the show.

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt...

I’m not sure if she enjoyed it, so I’ll let you try to decide based on the pictures.

Hmm...that's a tough call.

That’s 15 attractions by just a little bit after one, if you’re keeping track.

Impressive.:darth:

I tried to put it on the Magic Band and they said there wasn’t a credit card attached to my account. Um… ok…

So it's free! :woohoo:

.5 point for effort with a “vice versa” answer.

And I'm not too proud to take it.

Yes. They just didn't send the text, or the text was sent to limbo.

Based on the number of shows you saw, I'm guessing Hollywood Studios since that's all there is to do there.

Anna & Elsa sing-along, Disney Jr., Beauty and the Beast.

Someone scattering the ashes of a loved one?

Or maybe someone knew the car stunt show was going away soon and decided that backwards-driving sports car could use a new home. I'm not quite sure how they get it home, but I think it involves an exploding helicopter.

Well, if it's not Let It Go...crap. This is where being a grumpy old man and not being able to identify songs written after 1995 comes back to bite me. Was it that "I'm the Man, I'm the Man, I'm the Man" song?

I'm supposed to read other threads? I spend so much time savoring every detail of your TR that I rarely venture anywhere else. So I have no idea. Make up alternate chants for Brazilian tour groups?

Of course! Gotta burn that candle at both ends.

Popcorn.

Saying prayers! My thoughts are with you both!

I think DW got this one after I parked the stroller while we were on our way to PP.

This is definitely a cute Daddy/Daughter picture!

We got on and DD picked her horse. I got her situated and strapped in. She asked me to ride the horse next to her. I was literally half way on the horse… one foot on the peg on one side and my other leg crossing the top when some old guy put a little girl (presumably his granddaughter) on the horse basically right under me.

What a jerk!

I was telling DW the story about our experience, probably a little louder than I should have, for the benefit of old a hole who was also waiting to go into BoG.

He probably didn't even speak English, if your trip is going anything like ours seems to be!

I totally get that, although I have been thinking about what I will be having in couple days for quite some time now.

I’ll write it off to being an uncharacteristic off day by the restaurant this time and I’m sure it will still be a priority to try to have lunch there and let them redeem themselves on the next trip.

I usually give a place at least one more chance, two if I really liked it multiple times before.

I was going to use my band to ride BTMRR, meet back up with DD and DW after they finish eating and then use DW’s band to ride 7DMT with DD.

Sounds like a perfect plan to me!

Philharmagic just has those iconic songs from the movies that I grew up watching in the 90’s

Now you're just making me feel old. :faint:

I'd say that's enjoyment!

That’s 15 attractions by just a little bit after one, if you’re keeping track.

Wow! You've probably beat me that morning for what we'll have gone on this whole trip!

Yes.

Hollywood Studios

Beauty and the Beast, Little Mermaid, Fantasmic!

Someone decided that their kid needed a haircut right there and then on the spot, pulled out a barber's cape and shears and proceeded to cut their hair.

Hooray for Hollywood

Disney Bounding

Yes

Dole Whip

Have yet to see that queue...someday I'll find the line short enough to not use a FP+ there, I guess!
2 words. Rope Drop.

Very cute!
Thanks

Yep, it's amazing how much they remember! We have the same thing happen with Izzy, remembering things from when she was 1 or 2!
That really makes you appreciate the trips that much more. I don't get people saying not to take them until they're older. Take advantage of those "free" years and make some memories!!!

How bizarre! :confused3 Wonder what would have happened if you just shared the horse? :scratchin
She would have been in pain...

:rotfl: Clever kid.
I don't know. She didn't seem to be too thrilled with the taste, but I guess it was red and tomato-y, so close enough? :confused3

I think she liked it! Cute! It's driving me crazy that Izzy is tall enough to ride this now (finally!), but we don't have a trip planned. :sad1:
Well, you can fix that... :rolleyes1

:worship: Wow, that is a great morning, especially with a little one along.
::yes:: I can't complain!

Disney Junior, Frozen, Little Mermaid

Cast member doing something that doesn't match their role (i.e. - Tower of Terror CM riding RnRC).

Hooray for Hollywood

Disneybounding

Corn dog nuggets
Got em!

I would suspect a modicum of excitement.
Just a modicum?

Your mission, if you chose to accept it...
And I do...

That would actually be pretty much in line with their prices.
Sad, but true.

And yet... there were waits for rides you thought would be walk ons.
Interesting.
Well, it got crowded around us when it was time for the park to open. But we really weren't crowded while we waited.

::yes:: That queue's the greatest.
I wouldn't want to wait in line either, but if you had to,
that's not a bad way to spend the time.
True.

Definitely on a mission...
Nice pic of you guys.
Thanks.

I've never waited in line for that ride.
And unless something drastically happens, I never will.
Really? Not a bad ride. Not the best, but a good Disney dark ride. I don't mind waiting a few minutes, but I certainly wouldn't stand in a 30 minute line for it or anything like that.

What the heck is she doing sitting like that! You have to steer!
Try telling her.

Oh? Was she stomping on the brakes?
Short legs, remember?

Never been on it.
Should I? (without kids)
Um... depends. I certainly wouldn't go out of my way or wait in line, but if you happen to be going by and there is no line, it's worth a few minutes of your time. There are a few sight gags in the queue and the theming of the coaster is kind of cool. But really, you can see it. It isn't that thrilling and it lasts about 25 seconds.

I think Disney grossly over estimated that place's attraction.
I don't know. Ariel's Grotto always has a pretty good line. The ride itself is a fast loading ride. I believe it has twice the hourly capacity of the rides like Peter Pan and Pooh and only IASW handles more guests per hour in Fantasyland. That coupled with the fact that it isn't the first thing people see when they get into Fantasyland help keep the line manageable, but I'm guessing it gives more rides per day than a lot of the other attractions back there.

Huh. That's pretty impressive, actually.
::yes:: I thought so.

Hadn't noticed since I figured you just weren't mentioning it.
Well, that does tend to happen too... :rolleyes1 That's why I felt like I should specifically mention why I wasn't mentioning the minutiae this time.

That's good. My DDs wouldn't go on it at that age.
Well, we didn't exactly ask... :rolleyes1

Aww... cute pic!
Thanks!

What a jerk.
Plus... if you hadn't seen them, you could've sat right on his kid.
Yeah, I know!

Oh, no! She's doing duck face already?!?!? :faint:
And you know what that is? :faint:

We've all been there.

Such a great place for lunch.
QS meal but feels like TS.

I've been twice and pre-ordered both times.
I love just walking in, sitting down and your food is brought to you.
Feels like royalty.
Yeah, I think we might do that next time. It would be nice to save some time, but at the same time, I really hate to have to decide what we want before we get there. If we could just do it from the App about 30 minutes ahead of time... and maybe we can? I don't really know how far ahead it has to be done?

Better let him have the table folks.
He's still raging. Who knows what he'll do.

"Andy is about to sit down when the guy from the carousel plops his DD down in Andy's chair."

Darn. That's too bad. I've enjoyed the food there.
Mind you I've only had the braised pork.
I've enjoyed it too. Hopefully, they're back on their A game next time.

I'd do the same.
Any place that makes hundreds (thousands?) of meals a day is going to have a few below par ones. If it happens again, then you've got a trend. Unfortunately, with the plethora of restaurants to try and the limited time you have, you really want to try to get that "great" meal every time.
::yes:: Exactly!

Smart. Now I know why you brought them with you.
Advantage over solo touring right there.
You're right.

::yes:: I've stood in that line once. That was enough.
I'll either rope drop it, EMH it or FP it.
I'll wait for this one. As long as it isn't the middle of the afternoon in August. That queue is hot.

Looks like you were bored though. Yawning away.
At least I was still awake.

That's so weird. I hardly remember the music. I'm busy watching the 3D. I'm sure that at the time I'm listening, but... :confused3
That's right... there's a 3D Ariel... and we've lost @pkondz

Too bad. One of my favourite memories is when youngest DD was 4 and she was trying to grab the jewels out of the air.

Bored. Yawning.
Wake me up when it's over.

I never get there except late in the day or even night.
What time (in your experience) are the rooms usually available?
Well, like I said, when I make the requests, I always try to ask for an available room over everything else. Now there was the one time when we stayed at Coronado Springs and our room wasn't ready until an hour AFTER check-in time, which didn't sit well with me...

But my room at Pop the week before was ready by 10 am. We rolled into Wilderness Lodge a few years ago at 7:30 am to check in before hitting MK rope drop and even then they had a room ready for us. Most of the time, we usually try to arrive on property at around noon - 2pm and aside from that 1 time at CSR, I've never had to wait for a room. You can't expect it every time, but I've definitely had a lot of luck with just requesting an early availability above all other requests.

Pretty good! Especially with a little one in tow (mostly.)
Yeah, we had a pretty successful morning.

Crap. That's one of the biggest perks (for me) is not having to carry any thing else with me.
So my CC would've been safely tucked away in the room.

Then again, maybe if you'd checked in already, you would've been the same?
::yes:: I'd have likely left it in the safe in the room.

::yes:: That's exactly how we handled our DDs.
They had their own money and we told them two things.
1. "Don't buy on impulse. If you're sure you want to get something, we will 100% for sure go back to get it."
2. Once your money is gone, it's gone. So spend wisely.

Oh that's just great! You had to just blurt it out! you couldn't even use the
Sheesh!
button?
This whole TR is ruined!!!
Well, I considered it, but then again, I'd probably have forgotten to even mention it again later and then you'd be wondering what I failed to spoil.

Had one of those for the first time last trip.
Sure hits the spot on a hot day.

Queue ominous music.

As for the contest...
1. By the time you get your MB sorted out at the resort... yes.
2. I'll go with the crowd and guess DHS.
3. I'll pick Frozen, Little Mermaid, Muppets
4. A small kid wading in a fountain. This was quickly put to rest when the Disney police attached an UP amount of balloons to him and he floated away. Oddly enough, his parents seemed more relieved than upset.
5. Aerosmith. Probably Walk This Way.
6. Disneybounding
7. Yep.
8. Pretzel
Got em!

I try not to let things bother me too much when in Disney World, but yeah, that dude on the carousel was a total a hole.
I try not to, and I don't think it would have bothered me if he'd have acknowledged me or apologized. But when I tried to get his attention and he blatantly ignored me... that didn't sit well.

Definitely a productive morning. I can't believe how much y'all were able to get done with little or no wait! The pictures of DD on Mine Train are awesome. I'm just sorry she didn't enjoy it more.
I know... one of these days she'll learn how to have fun.

Sorry BOG was a bust this time around. I had lunch there for the first time in February and really enjoyed the turkey sandwich. I ate there with my parents and sister because DH wasn't interested in the offerings, and DS barely touched the grilled cheese, so that may end up being my one and only trip there, at least until DD is old enough to eat there.
Well, I'm glad you at least got to try it once. I actually really like the roast beef sandwich there. Most of the time, anyway. And the cupcakes are always awesome.

It's good to get some time to catch up here. The link was a really nice write up on CDH; very informative, but not overdone. I've been praying for a while now, and will continue to for the long haul. Keep your faith strong and your chin up.
Thank you.

On a completely different note, what the he11 is wrong with people?! Sorry you had to have someone be a jerk and wreck the magic in those few moments. Blech!
I don't know. There's a whole lotta stupid in this world.

Good to know that even if the food isn't superb at BoG it's worth going. That's what I'm banking on for October. Hopefully, they'll have a better day.
Definitely worth checking the place out regardless. Even if not on their A game, it is at least a different type of QS option.

Anyhow, you're not the only one can't keep up on any threads including his/her own. Life is in a busy season and we all get it. Just focus on what you need to, the DIS will be here when you can be here.
::yes:: Thanks.

Just stopping by to say "hi". Next time I have downtime, yours is the next TR that will get comments. You knowhow it is when you're running to make rope drop!
I hope you're having a great time!

Super cute!
Thanks.

I'm loving all the Daddy/Daughter pictures! It looks like such a special day for you two!
It was. DW wasn't necessarily feeling bad that day, but she seemed pretty content to just sit down and let the 2 of us do a lot of riding.

I was wondering if this would be easier. We lug around a double and a single and it can get to be a pain to park and unload.
Oh yeah. I tend to leave the minutiae out of the TR where I point out that we parked the stroller or we retrieved it, but I felt it was worth mentioning how we do it. Part of it depends on the weather... like if it is raining and we can keep the kids dry in the stroller we'll use it more. But for the most part if we know we aren't going far for a while we'll leave it in a central area and just walk the short distances between attractions. It definitely saves a lot of time if the adults and the kids can handle it!

I was hoping to book a BOG reservation. Now I'm a little nervous. I have a very picky mom and I know she has high expectations.
High expectations can make anything difficult. I'd still encourage you to try it, despite our less than stellar experience. The restaurant itself is worth checking out, the cupcakes really are fantastic, and the food is a nice change of pace from other QS offerings.

This was my first roller coaster too. I rode it with my dad.:love:

Loving it!
::yes:: She was pretty excited.

:headache:

Your DD is adorable!
Thanks!

1. Yes
2. DHS
3. Frozen, Ariel, Fantasmic
4. Two Minions fighting Evil Emperor Zurg!
5. One Call Away (My daughter sings it constantly because Superman's got nothing on me).
6. Disneybounding
7. Yes
8. Popcorn
Got em!

A little late on my reply. Carousel guy....seriously. Maybe he was related to the ECV hot rodder. :thumbsup2

I don't know... ECV hot rodder seemed like a decent person. She just had a comical near miss. Carousel guy was just a prick.

1. Yes
2. Hollywood Studios
3. Little Mermaid, Disney Jr, Frozen Singalong
4. Stormtroopers fighting the Green Army men
5. Aerosmith song
6. Disneybound?
7. Yes
8. Dole Whip
Got em!

Wishing you the best during this difficult time.
Thanks!

So it's similar to early entry, late entry, dessert fireworks shows, dining plans, park hoppers, etc.:rolleyes1
::yes:: Pretty much.

Me too. I like that they're trying hard to make the standby waits manageable through efforts like that.
::yes:: I still don't want to stand in a line for an hour, but I really do appreciate the added touches.

Nice shot there.:thumbsup2
Thanks

I thought the Pan to Poo dash took place in Pizza Hut.
No, that's a sprint, not a dash.

FP+, spreading everyone out.
Something like that... although I wouldn't specifically expect it to really impact this particular ride so quickly in the day.

Looks like you went on a thrilling 7 mph ride there.
7? Heck, I swore we hit at least 8.8. I was almost expecting to see some serious... :rolleyes1

Great! Bonus memories because they're free!
Yeah... "free" :rolleyes1

:rotfl2: Hope you left a nice peace offering for the kingdom.
Just keeping the moat from drying out.

This is when people try to play the "No speaka de English" game. I hate people.
They suck.

Is that a technical term?
It is now!

Yeah, I might be inclined to try and save time as well.

:woohoo: And all is right with the world.
That usually right all wrongs.

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt...
And the t-shirt was only $35.

Hmm...that's a tough call.
I just can't tell...

Impressive.:darth:
Impressing Vader is quite an accomplishment.

So it's free! :woohoo:
Sounds good to me!!!

And I'm not too proud to take it.
:thumbsup2

Yes. They just didn't send the text, or the text was sent to limbo.

Based on the number of shows you saw, I'm guessing Hollywood Studios since that's all there is to do there.

Anna & Elsa sing-along, Disney Jr., Beauty and the Beast.

Someone scattering the ashes of a loved one?

Or maybe someone knew the car stunt show was going away soon and decided that backwards-driving sports car could use a new home. I'm not quite sure how they get it home, but I think it involves an exploding helicopter.

Well, if it's not Let It Go...crap. This is where being a grumpy old man and not being able to identify songs written after 1995 comes back to bite me. Was it that "I'm the Man, I'm the Man, I'm the Man" song?

I'm supposed to read other threads? I spend so much time savoring every detail of your TR that I rarely venture anywhere else. So I have no idea. Make up alternate chants for Brazilian tour groups?

Of course! Gotta burn that candle at both ends.

Got em!

Hope things go well with the MRI, Andy.
Thanks!

Saying prayers! My thoughts are with you both!
Thanks!

This is definitely a cute Daddy/Daughter picture!
Thanks!

What a jerk!
Yeah... an apology goes a long way.

He probably didn't even speak English, if your trip is going anything like ours seems to be!
Well, I can say for certain that wasn't the case with this one... :rolleyes1

I totally get that, although I have been thinking about what I will be having in couple days for quite some time now.
Yeah, I can understand that. And honestly, I like the roast beef there so that is a safe one to order for me. But guessing ahead what the kids will want can be a crap shoot.

I usually give a place at least one more chance, two if I really liked it multiple times before.
::yes:: That's kind of my feeling about it.

Sounds like a perfect plan to me!

Now you're just making me feel old. :faint:
Sorry... I feel that way when I'm reading a TR and the author is showing pictures from their first trip ever as a kid and they're standing in DHS.

I'd say that's enjoyment!

Wow! You've probably beat me that morning for what we'll have gone on this whole trip!

Hollywood Studios

Beauty and the Beast, Little Mermaid, Fantasmic!

Someone decided that their kid needed a haircut right there and then on the spot, pulled out a barber's cape and shears and proceeded to cut their hair.

Hooray for Hollywood

Disney Bounding

Dole Whip
Got em!

I just saw the post about the MRI. I hope everything went well.
Thanks!

Read your whole report today (during work - sssshhhhhh :rolleyes1) - thanks for sharing!
Your daughter is adorable - looking forward to the rest of the trip!

Just a modicum?

Perhaps a soupçon.

Well, it got crowded around us when it was time for the park to open. But we really weren't crowded while we waited.

Gotcha.

Really? Not a bad ride. Not the best, but a good Disney dark ride. I don't mind waiting a few minutes, but I certainly wouldn't stand in a 30 minute line for it or anything like that.

I dunno. I don't mind it, but... I also wouldn't mind skipping it.

Try telling her.

If she's around, tell her "What the heck are you doing sitting like that! You have to steer!"

Short legs, remember?

No stilts?

Um... depends. I certainly wouldn't go out of my way or wait in line, but if you happen to be going by and there is no line, it's worth a few minutes of your time. There are a few sight gags in the queue and the theming of the coaster is kind of cool. But really, you can see it. It isn't that thrilling and it lasts about 25 seconds.

Maybe. I've actually never even entered that part of the park yet.

I don't know. Ariel's Grotto always has a pretty good line.

Well, sure. The meet 'n' greet is long, but the ride?

The ride itself is a fast loading ride. I believe it has twice the hourly capacity of the rides like Peter Pan and Pooh and only IASW handles more guests per hour in Fantasyland. That coupled with the fact that it isn't the first thing people see when they get into Fantasyland help keep the line manageable, but I'm guessing it gives more rides per day than a lot of the other attractions back there.

I wonder. I've only been in it a few times, but it's always almost empty.
HM is a fast loader too and you have lines for that one.

Well, that does tend to happen too... :rolleyes1 That's why I felt like I should specifically mention why I wasn't mentioning the minutiae this time.

Don't mention it.

Well, we didn't exactly ask... :rolleyes1

Dragged her on kicking and screaming. Got it.

And you know what that is? :faint:

Unfortunately.

It would be nice to save some time, but at the same time, I really hate to have to decide what we want before we get there.

I haven't looked into it in a long while, but I'm pretty sure you can change your order even after you arrive.

If we could just do it from the App about 30 minutes ahead of time... and maybe we can? I don't really know how far ahead it has to be done?

Dunno. But that would be sweet.

I'll wait for this one. As long as it isn't the middle of the afternoon in August. That queue is hot.

I'll wait too.
But not 90 minutes.
Not even an hour.
Less?

Yeah.

At least I was still awake.

Hey! I was tired! It'd been a long day!

That's right... there's a 3D Ariel...

Hello!!!!!

What were we talking about?

Well, like I said, when I make the requests, I always try to ask for an available room over everything else. Now there was the one time when we stayed at Coronado Springs and our room wasn't ready until an hour AFTER check-in time, which didn't sit well with me...

But my room at Pop the week before was ready by 10 am. We rolled into Wilderness Lodge a few years ago at 7:30 am to check in before hitting MK rope drop and even then they had a room ready for us. Most of the time, we usually try to arrive on property at around noon - 2pm and aside from that 1 time at CSR, I've never had to wait for a room. You can't expect it every time, but I've definitely had a lot of luck with just requesting an early availability above all other requests.

Ah. That 7:30am one blows me away. That's an entire day with no extra charge.
But as for myself, after staying super close last time at Pop (albeit on the 4th floor) vs stupid far away at ASMU with the family... how far? Imaging walking from your front door to the road... keep walking. Stop when you hit Austin.
I'll take the close room, thanks.

Well, I considered it, but then again, I'd probably have forgotten to even mention it again later and then you'd be wondering what I failed to spoil.

And no one wants to smell you when you've spoiled.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter