• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I Can't, I'm Not Wearing a Princess Dress! - New TR link!!!!

I'm First!!!! Benefits of being in your last days at your current job and no longer caring if they catch you on the Disboards.
Moving on to new things? Good luck!

1. The tail end of it

2. Peter Pan

3. Yes

4. TTA/Peoplemover. They kept making ghost noises in the dark parts

5. Talking Mickey

6. Columbia Harbour House (because that's where everyone eats lunch right? No? Just my family?)

7. Dole Whip!

8. Ferry

9. Monorail
Got em!

Your family is in my prayers.
Thank you.

:thumbsup2
Can't argue with that.
I used to do that all the time when they had them at Main Street Bakery. Gaston's just isn't as convenient to grab on the way out, but I'm glad I made the effort to get one.

1. Yes
2. Peter Pan
3. No
4. Pirates of the Caribbean....because the guy behind you kept saying "we wants the redhead" the whole time.
5. Anna/Elsa
6. Pinocchio
7. Rice Crispy Treat
8. Monorail
9. Boat
Got em!

:rotfl2: Glad she loved them though. I've always loved them myself.
::yes:: One of my favorite parts of going to the beach is getting to see dolphins out in their natural environment.

Wow what a shot!
::yes::

:rotfl: Cool but I can see how that would terrify her! Poor thing.
I know! That thing looks twice her size!

I figured that the postulating that happens during an election might drag things on a bit and would make you sleepy.
Actually, no. It was pretty straight forward and votes were counted electronically.

:rotfl: That's what I thought. :thumbsup2
Caffeine helps.

Winnie the Pooh

Small World; and you thought about throwing yourself off to save yourself from the misery of having to sit on the whole ride.

Be Our Guest

Got em!

Yay dolphins! I see a future marine biologist in your family!
That would be fine. Although her interests seem to change by the second.

That thing is like swimming at her! Of course that ended the photoshoot!
But there's probably 2 inches of glass between them! :rolleyes1

The sea lions look better than the people in this picture ... I think the people need new costumes. Something less dorky.
::yes:: You make a good point.

So ... this is almost identical to the Shamu Show area from when I was in San Diego. Which may have changed since I was there (it was 7 years ago, after all), but ... apparently all Sea World parks share one designer. Who knew?
I'm sure that's true. I mean, they might not be identical, but if you've seen BTMRR in Disneyland, you can pretty easily identify BTMRR in WDW based on the similarities. There's money to be saved by sharing basic designs.

You are using the words "meeting" and "interesting" in the same sentence and I do not understand that. You are very strange.
It was about ag policy on the national level. Something I care about and am kind of a nerd for and aside from this year, it isn't a place where I will personally tend to have a seat at the table to give my input.

In other circumstances, yes, I'd be bored and ready to leave.

Okay, that explains the awakeness. In college, I had a friend who drank Mountain Dew all the time ... she was more awake than I was most of the time, and I drank coffee pretty regularly back then. That stuff definitely keeps you from falling asleep.
::yes:: I don't drink it all that often, but it is good for a caffeine kick!

YES!!!!!!
This is very exciting for me. I know it won't last long, but ... very exciting.

Yes. Of course. Who misses the Welcome Show?

The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh

Mad Tea Party. And it was your daughter. She was spinning too much.
(Do I lose points for accusing you of being a bad parent?)

Mickey Mouse

Pinocchio Village Haus

Dole Whip

Also Monorail. Hopefully it was a good monorail day.
Got em!

That we be great right now...:rotfl:
::yes:: I could go for one.
::
Had they ever been before?
Nope, first time. I've still never been.

Nice, very convenient!
::yes:: That's partly why it won out. We considered Universal as well, but they would have to skip a lot of the things there due to height restrictions and this was just easier to get to.

I love all the shows there. Very entertaining.
They really seemed to enjoy the ones they saw.

Peter Pan.

Little Mermaid

When "Under the Sea" came on a guy started singing it just like Sebastian, very loudly and using his hands as claws...

Dole Whip.

Monorail.
Got em!

YUM! I could go for one of those bad boys right about now; summer diet has officially started.:sad:
Diet? What's that?

HOW CUTE!!!

I'm so glad! My baby sister LOVES Sea World, but I've not been in years. Glad the girls had a good day.
They really seemed to enjoy it. I'm glad they did too since I got to have my fun at Universal without them.

:scared1: I'd be scared too!

::yes:: Can't say I blame her...
::yes:: That thing looks huge!

WHAT?! That's wild! I can't believe they don't have generators or something. I mean I'm sure they do to keep the animals alive but that's crazy!
Yeah, I'm sure they do, but probably just not anything to run sound and lights for the show. :confused3

Well, yeah! With that much caffeine I'd stay awake during all day meetings too!
:hyper:

I love Olive Garden! those bread sticks are to die for!!
::yes:: I always eat way too many of them.

This is wild! I would NEVER have guessed that.
I wouldn't have either! It is actually more than we'd walk on a full park day at MK later... :rolleyes1

1. Yes!
2. The carousel
3. Yes! I hope I'm right, cause it'd be a rough start if not!
4. IASW, cause some jerk was filming the whole thing, with an ipad, directly in front of DD.
5. Tiana!
6. Columbia Harbour House
7. Popped Corn
8. Monorail
9. Monorail
Got em!

Hope all is well with the family. :goodvibes
For right now it is. Thanks.

1. Did we make it to MK in time for the Welcome Show? (10 points) No.
2. What was our first ride of the day? (20 points) Winnie the Pooh
3. We did online check-in. Did things go smoothly with it? (10 points) Yep!
4. What ride was I on when I felt the urge to throw somebody off? (10 points) Bonus points if you can guess why I was mad or come up with an entertaining theory. Splash Mountain because someone opened up an umbrella.
5. Which character meet, not including Belle, did we do in MK? (10 points) Talking Mickey
6. Where did we eat lunch? (10 points) Pinocchio's
7. What snack did we get on the way out of MK that afternoon? (10 points) Popcorn
8. Which form of Disney transportation did we take from TTC to MK? (5 points) Monorail
9. Which form of Disney transportation did we take from MK to TTC? (5 points) Boat
Got em!

How could it not :confused3
Yeah, there really wasn't any doubt. When you hear "discounted tickets" the only question is "where do I get them?"

I agree with dd, this is not an acceptable response, monorail should always be running :sad2:
::yes:: I might have been slightly more upset than she was.

That's pretty awesome :thumbsup2
I was really excited to see them up.

I agree, they seem so big and now the best way to see them not at street level has been taken away :headache:
::yes:: I understand why they made them so big, and I appreciate the fact that they did it so that you don't have to be front row to see everything. But then again, the scale of it all makes the front row almost a little bit too close.

That's awesome, glad she made it better
She was a great skipper!

:rotfl2: It's bad enough when the boats get back up at the end :faint:
You make a good point.

:rotfl:DSs do the same to me now, not so bad have three boys :thumbsup2
I'd ask where kids get their stubbornness, but I'm pretty sure I know where DD gets it. :rolleyes1

Okay this is a great story to begin with and then your descriptions :lmao:
It was funny to see, but thanks!

Sorry she got scared, but it is a cool picture
::yes:: I just wish she was looking at the camera. That would have been a great one!

Another awesome picture, and one you get to see much longer
She did a good job getting a lot of pictures of the whales!

1. Did we make it to MK in time for the Welcome Show? (10 points)
no

2. What was our first ride of the day? (20 points)
Peter Pan

3. We did online check-in. Did things go smoothly with it? (10 points)
yes

4. What ride was I on when I felt the urge to throw somebody off? (10 points) Bonus points if you can guess why I was mad or come up with an entertaining theory.
Chanting teenagers

5. Which character meet, not including Belle, did we do in MK? (10 points)
Tiana

6. Where did we eat lunch? (10 points)
Columbia Harbor House

7. What snack did we get on the way out of MK that afternoon? (10 points)
Mickey Bar

8. Which form of Disney transportation did we take from TTC to MK? (5 points)
Monorail

9. Which form of Disney transportation did we take from MK to TTC? (5 points)
Ferry[/QUOTE]Got em!

Hi, just joining in to your trip report. I love the wonderful photos :-) I am looking forward to hearing more about your trip. Have a magical day! xoxox
Thanks for joining and welcome!

I like this idea, but I'm not sure I could wait until the next morning to enjoy a WDW cinnamon roll!
I know. It is hard. You've got to keep them carefully hidden from view to avoid temptation.

Too bad DD is not looking at the camera, but it actually is a good picture. I've tried this type of thing myself and always find the foreground too light or dark against the tank. Probably has to do with my terrible photography skills.
Yeah, and actually it was just a cell phone picture, so it turned out really well.

My family has gone to Seaworld twice, in 2010 and 2013. The first time, we didn't get to see the sea lion show becuase after the orca show, we got "stuck" in the kids area for too long, and I wasn't paying attention to the time. I don't know if it's changed, but back then the whole upper section of Seaworld (sea lions and sharks I think) closed earlier than the rest of the park, around 4:00. By the time we could pull DD way from the kid zone, it was already closed. Next time we went to Seaworld, I vowed to not let that happen again. And of course ended up doing exactly the same thing.:( We've taken a break from Seaworld since then...
:rotfl2::rotfl: The best laid plans, huh?

You did better than me in meetings. It doesn't seem to matter what the subject is, a meeting is like a lullaby to me. I've been embarrassed more times than I care to remember by someone catching me with dropping eyes in a meeting. Although I've never had the luxury of unlimited Pepsi, which sounds awesome. Up in my neck of the woods, Pepsi outsells Coke by a significant margin, once of the few strange places in the world where it does. So I'm a Pepsi drinker all the way. Which is sometimes hard when traveling in the States, since Coke is so much more prevalent.
You know, it really depends more on the presentation than the subject matter. No matter how interesting the subject might be, if the meeting is just sitting there listening to one person talk and they have one of those monotone voices, I'm out.

I prefer Pepsi too. Always have, but I'll take either one. But I was happy that they had Pepsi products there since I knew I wouldn't have any for a few days once we got to WDW. :rotfl2:

Dang, I missed an entire update and bonus question round. Don't you hate it when "life gets in the way" of Disboards :P Anyway, it wouldn't have made much difference, based on what my answers would have been that round. Let's try it this round!
:rotfl: Yeah, I've had a hard time keeping up around here lately myself!

1. Yes
2. Dumbo
3. No
4. Peter Pan because someone kept taking flash photos the whole ride
5. Ariel
6. Columbia Harbor House
7. Mickey krispy treat
8. ferry boat
9. ferry boat
Got em!

"So I skipped it!"

No?
:rotfl: It was tempting...

Yes, I know. I learned, oh master.
:thumbsup2

I was so sure she'd get lost.
"So I think I'm supposed to go left here..."
:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao: It really would have been hard to get lost making that drive. It would have taken some skill.

Huh! They all look alike to me.
Does that make me dolphin-racist?
Yes. Yes it does.

Where's Al Sharphin?

Who wouldn't have a good time watching turtles???
Well...

That guy looks like he's got it in for her!
::yes:: That seemed to be what she thought!

:lmao: I don't blame her!
Too bad... could have been an awesome picture. :rotfl2:

I knew it!
And I answered the question backwards. :sad2:
I thought to myself "Does he fall asleep? Nope!"
Oh, well.
:sad2:

:laughing: Yeah, that'd do it. Hard to concentrate, though.
Good point!

How could we forget?
Forget what?

Oh yeah, the back pain. :headache:

That's a long day for them.
Especially if it's sunny out.
::yes:: Well, I think they ended up being in the park maybe 10 - 3 or 3:30. Something like that. And spent quite a bit of time sitting in shows so I don't think they were too wiped out. Temperatures were in the 60's.

That excitement can keep you from sleeping well.

No way anyone guessed that!
That's kind of what I thought too, but...

2. What animal will photobomb and scare DD at Sea World? (25 points) Sea Turtle

1. Yes.
2. Peter Pan
3. Yes
4. I'll stick with Peter Pan... and flash photography.
5. The Frigid Twins.
6. Cosmic Rays
7. Rice Krispie treat
8. Monorail
9. Monorail
Got em!

I love the Sea World pictures. If your DD was looking the sea turtle picture would have been great.
I know! It was too bad that she turned around.

My kids also loved Sea World. They always ask when they can go back.
DW and DD liked it. I think they'd like to go back, but really, there's always too much to do at Disney so it would be hard to work it back in sometime.

Sounds like a busy conference day. I'm impressed you stayed awake.
::yes:: It was a long day, but didn't feel too tortuous.

1. Yes
2. Peter Pan
3. Yes
4. Small World. Someone singing as loud as they could.
5. Ariel
6. BOG
7. Mickey Bar
8. Ferry
9. Monorail
Got em!

Way to start the day! :thumbsup2

Glad DW and DD enjoyed their time at Sea World.
It was a great breakfast.

I was glad they had a good day too.

Smart meeting planning. ::yes::
::yes:: There was coffee too. But I don't do coffee, so...

I will have faith and say yes.

Because you are asking, I'll say no.

The train. Endless talking on cell phone.

Pecos Bill

Ferry boat

Got em!

Nice. Bonus points for that plan. I might have to steal that one.
::yes:: I used to do it all the time when they were on Main Street and I could grab one on the way out at night. Gaston's Tavern has never been as convenient, but I'm glad I went through the effort this time.

Booooo.

The key is to think "exploding helicopters". They're like the bacon of storytelling--they make every story better. Think about it.

Gone With The Wind? Better with exploding helicopters.
Citizen Kane? Better with exploding helicopters.
Shakespeare In Love? Way, way, way better with exploding helicopters.
I hang my head in shame.

And it is Sea World too.

How could I have overlooked the sharks with frickin' lasers beams???

:rotfl2:

But did she try to rope them together using human hair?
That would have meant getting closer to the turtle. And while I wasn't there to see it firsthand, I'd imagine she was running as far from that turtle as she could get.

See? That sounds like a terrorist plot to me. And a chance to introduce explod--well, you get the idea.
:headache:

I dunno. I feel like something is missing from the story here.
Exploding helicopters? :rolleyes1

Ah..there it is.

I must've had me about 15 Dr. Peppers.
:hyper:

Olive Garden? If it weren't for the gift card, you might be losing your bonus points here.
Look... it's Italian. We've had this conversation before. You can't screw it up too bad. Is Olive Garden the best ever? Of course not. But I do like their breadsticks... and it is Italian food.

Son of a...
:rotfl2:

Yes. Because you're a good DIS-er.

Peter Pan, so you can get there before the line gets ridiculous.

I'll say yes, just based on having no issues of my own.

Buzz Lightyear, because that little whiny punk ahead of you kept turning his car around and shooting his laser right in your eyes. And you couldn't make your car go any faster to bump him. But then you somehow shot your laser into the sky and a helicopter exploded. (See? It even made that story better.)

Anna/Elsa. Hopefully with FP+ to the rescue.

Pecos Bill's. It'll be right one of these days.

Uh...Dole Whip?

The ferry boat.

Monorail. Or vice-versa if I'm wrong this way.:rolleyes1
Got em!

:lmao: Hilarious!
Too bad she couldn't have waited just a split second longer so DW could get the picture.

convenient AND delicious! Good call!
::yes:: And free. Don't forget free. :thumbsup2

No big deal or anything.... :thumbsup2
Right. It isn't like we were getting ready to do something that someone would spend 2 years planning for. :rolleyes1

Too bad she couldn't have waited just a split second longer so DW could get the picture.

Maybe next time....

::yes:: And free. Don't forget free. :thumbsup2

"Free is awesome. Free with chocolate is even more awesome." ©Steppesister

Right. It isn't like we were getting ready to do something that someone would spend 2 years planning for. :rolleyes1

Who would be dumb enough to do that?! Seriously, it should really only take 1 year and 8 months.

Natebenma – 5 sympathy points for just missing first to answer and for being the only one to answer with 0 points.

:woohoo:

You know, it takes real skill to thoughtfully answer everything and get nothing right!

In our town, they have a slowest bike race, you have to keep pedaling to keep upright, but the last one to cross the finish line is the "winner" Perhaps something like that would be right up my alley.

:sad2:

It sounds like it was a day well-spent at Sea World for your DH and DD.

The power outage was weird! You would think a theme park would have a decent back-up generator system so that it wouldn't have much of an impact.

Glad you survived all of your conference obligations and now it is time to play!

Next Update Questions:

Yes

Tea Cups

Yes

4. What ride was I on when I felt the urge to throw somebody off? (10 points) Bonus points if you can guess why I was mad or come up with an entertaining theory.
Peter Pan, flash photography

Little Mermaid

Be Our Guest

Popcorn

Monorail

Boat

Yeah, she was done with that photo shoot.

:lmao: Poor girl! But turtles are the cutest things ever!

I definitely didn’t fall asleep.

Crud. Look at you being all professional and stuff :snooty:

Leshaface – 5 points for Harry & Lloyd. 5 points to get you to stop asking for points!

I literally LOL'ED in my office :rotfl2::rotfl: Okay from now on, I will not ask for any more points...

Well, at least not in this update. Can't promise for future updates though. :thumbsup2

Yes!

Peter Pan.

No! Because ours didn't and I'd like to not feel so alone:hug:

Big Thunder. A woman's long hair kept flying into your mouth! :scared:

Daisy Duck!

Cosmic Rays.

Popcorn.

Monorail

Monorail

You know, it takes real skill to thoughtfully answer everything and get nothing right!

In our town, they have a slowest bike race, you have to keep pedaling to keep upright, but the last one to cross the finish line is the "winner" Perhaps something like that would be right up my alley.
:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:

It sounds like it was a day well-spent at Sea World for your DH and DD.
Or DW... :rolleyes1

The power outage was weird! You would think a theme park would have a decent back-up generator system so that it wouldn't have much of an impact.
Yeah, I'm sure they did for the essential things, but probably not worth it to hook up power to things like audio and lighting for a show? :confused3

Glad you survived all of your conference obligations and now it is time to play!
:banana:

Yes

Tea Cups

Yes

Peter Pan, flash photography

Little Mermaid

Be Our Guest

Popcorn

Monorail

Boat
Got em!

:lmao: Poor girl! But turtles are the cutest things ever!
Even when they're twice your size and trying to eat you? :rolleyes1

Crud. Look at you being all professional and stuff :snooty:
Sucks.

I literally LOL'ED in my office :rotfl2::rotfl: Okay from now on, I will not ask for any more points...
:banana:

Well, at least not in this update. Can't promise for future updates though. :thumbsup2
:faint:

Peter Pan.

No! Because ours didn't and I'd like to not feel so alone:hug:

Big Thunder. A woman's long hair kept flying into your mouth! :scared:

Daisy Duck!

Cosmic Rays.

Got em!

YES!!!! Talk about a perfect opportunity!
That's why you're a far better TR writer than I. :sad2:

:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao: It really would have been hard to get lost making that drive. It would have taken some skill.

My DW has that skill.

::yes:: Well, I think they ended up being in the park maybe 10 - 3 or 3:30. Something like that. And spent quite a bit of time sitting in shows so I don't think they were too wiped out. Temperatures were in the 60's.

Okay, that's not too bad then.

That excitement can keep you from sleeping well.

So it's your fault!

That's kind of what I thought too, but...

Wow. That's actually pretty impressive.

I've been such a bad DIS'er lately. Trying to keep up on all the threads and reports has been difficult! I'm gonna post my answers in case your getting ready for an update and hopefully I can get in for a proper reply soon!

Yes

Peter Pan

Yes

Pirates, flash photography

Merida

Pecos Bills

Pretzel

Monorail

Boat

Tuesday was the big day for me. It was the day that I’d be sitting in a meeting all day long and it was essentially the reason I was in Orlando to begin with.
I guess thats a pretty fair trade off!

They did tell me that DD loved the dolphins. Apparently, part of the dolphin display is kind of a dolphin nursery for some of the younger ones and you can watch them swimming around. DW couldn’t pull her away from there. DW said by the time they left she’d spent enough time talking to one of the trainers/zookeepers that she could pretty much identify and name any of the dolphins they had.
How adorable! Who doesn't love dolphins?! Maybe you have a future marine biologist, or dolphin trainer on your hands! :)

They spent the day seeing the animals and watching the shows and they really seemed to have a good time. I was sent these pictures while sitting in my meeting. They found the sea turtle tank and DD was having a good time watching them swim around.

20160112_150934.jpg

DW wanted to try to get her picture with a sea turtle in the background, but the turtles and the kid weren’t quite cooperating. She said she finally had a turtle swimming into the frame and took this picture.

20160112_151439.jpg

Just as DD turned around and was face to face with a huge sea turtle.

Yeah, she was done with that photo shoot.
That would probably freak me out a bit too. Up close he does look a little menacing.

As for me… well, I was in my meeting. And it involved an election for a position that opens maybe every 15 years or so as well as some other interesting subject matter. There was no problem keeping my attention all day. I definitely didn’t fall asleep.

Have a little faith, would ya?
I never doubted you.

Besides, they had all the Pepsi and Mountain Dew I could drink.
There it is. You had a little help.

I ended up staying until about 10:30, but it was nice to have a few drinks and chat for a couple of hours. I could have stayed longer, but I did want to get to bed and get some sleep. We had a big day coming up tomorrow.
A nice chill get together is always a welcomed experience.

We’re going to Disney World!!!!
YAAAAAYYYYYYY!!!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter