I Can't, I'm Not Wearing a Princess Dress! - New TR link!!!!

As always, Andy.... we're here for you! Lean in hard and give us a call if there's anything we can do aside from pray for you and little Ryder and encourage.

Wow, I can't believe he's 6 months old already!

I hope the surgery goes well, and I will definitely keep you guys in my thoughts and prayers.

I want to first of all apologize for not keeping up on the Dis.

No apologies necessary.

I will eventually get caught up on the TRs I've been following and I will finish this one. Even if it is a year late.

A year! A year!!!!! What???

Wait.... mine typically take that long.......

A year's fine. No problem.

Also the little guy and our oldest have caught some nasty colds this week too, so it has been a really rough couple of days and sleepless nights in our house. If you don't mind keeping us in your prayers, we'd really appreciate it.

Consider it done.

What a cutie. I especially like the hand in the foreground, ready to catch!

Glad you popped in for an update; been thinking about you guys and you're littlest man.

I hope the surgery goes well and that his recovery is quick. He looks like a strong boy, and he's got a very loving family, silly as it sounds I feel like that helps.

I'll keep you all in my good thoughts; hopefully 2017 will bring you all some wonderful things.

Good morning, I hope everyone's 2017 is off to a great start!

Just wanted to let you all know our latest developments. Little man started having some cold symptoms last week. We took him in to the pediatrician and they tested for RSV. That came back negative but he does have a viral croup illness that he's trying to shake now. Because of this and the severity of the surgery he'll have, they want him 100% so they've decided to push surgery back about a month hoping that he'll have time to fully recover from this.

Thanks for the update Andy. I get that they'd want him healthy before surgery. Get him hale and healthy first! One step at a time.

Just wanted to let you all know our latest developments. Little man started having some cold symptoms last week. We took him in to the pediatrician and they tested for RSV. That came back negative but he does have a viral croup illness that he's trying to shake now. Because of this and the severity of the surgery he'll have, they want him 100% so they've decided to push surgery back about a month hoping that he'll have time to fully recover from this.
Good to get an update, Andy. Although progress may be slow, hopefully he shakes it off and is fully ready for the surgery. Sending positive thoughts and best wishes your way.

they want him 100% so they've decided to push surgery back about a month hoping that he'll have time to fully recover from this.

Hey, Andy. Just checking in. How is little one feeling this week? That RSV starting to resolve? 100% with RSV may be tough to achieve in only a month. Is surg still planned for then?

Thanks for the well wishes.

Liesa, RSV was negative. Viral croup is what they're calling it. He's getting better. Still coughing and snotty, but the last 24 hours he has been 100% happier than he's been in about a week, so he's must be starting to at least feel a little bit better. Surgery has been scheduled for mid-Feb.

Hope your little guy continues to improve! I will definitely continue praying for him and your family!

Sorry about all the rain, that's a huge bummer. I love that you didn't let that stop you though. Man you really did meet a lot of characters though. Sounds like a pretty successful morning despit the rain.
We really did meet a lot of characters. It wasn't even close to what we had planned, but we just kind of rolled with it and ended up turning it into a pretty good day.

Thanks for following along on this long, tumultuous, randomly updated journey. I just came to the realization that I've now hit the one year mark. I've never taken this long to do a TR. I can make plenty of excuses, and there are some legit reasons, but frankly, I've just not been feeling it much the last few months. I just got so far behind this summer that the DIS has felt like a mountain that needs to be climbed as opposed to a fun way to kill a few minutes here and there during my downtime. Every time I get caught up I just feel like I want to take a day away from the boards and the next thing you know I'm coming back 2 weeks later and starting the process once again.

I will finish this TR though. I'm not going to make any promises when, but it will happen.

I'm starting to feel the pull of Disney and I really need/want to get back here discussing fun plans and delicious food and beverages with all of you.

We are planning another trip. I haven't mentioned anything yet because, well, I've not been terribly active around here. Last summer we had plans for a vacation in the Smokies and then we were going to probably go to Panama City for a few days of beach time with the kids. Well, you know that turned out when we spent a summer in the hospital.

To make up for it, we wanted to do a nice long vacation with the kids this summer. As it turns out, my parents wanted to do a family trip to Disney World, so we'll be going with my parents, sisters, brother in law and niece to Disney World for a week followed by a few days at Panama City with just our little family before we head back home.

It will be a lot of fun, but I'm definitely nervous about the heat. We used to do summer trips all the time, but this will be the first time since 2008 that I have gone at a time of year that doesn't fall between November and January. We know we can do it, but now we have to make it work with kids. Oh yeah, by the way, there will be 11 of us total. 4 kids, 2 of them under 3. Could be interesting.

Then again, if the baby keeps throwing us curveballs we might miss our second consecutive summer vacation. We certainly hope not though and with any luck at all they'll finally get him all straightened out next month when he goes back for surgery. It will be a major surgery though and we expect to be in the hospital at least a week so any thoughts and prayers would be much appreciated.

Yesterday was our ADR day and even getting ADRs for 11 we pretty much got everything exactly as we wanted. The only one that gave us problems was a favorite of mine and a place that I wouldn't expect to have trouble getting what I wanted at 180+ days. Bonus points if you can guess.

Actually, how about we throw out a big bonus opportunity here. I've taken so long to update that I'll throw in some bonus points for guessing where we have ADRs. We booked 6 ADRs total. I'll give 10 points for each one. I'll even give a hint, all but one are in a park. Also I'll give bonus points if you can guess the one that we had to get creative to book. And what the hell... guess which resort we're staying at too. That's right folks, it's your chance to write my PTR for me so I don't have to! :rotfl2:

Anyway, with ADRs being made, I'm starting to feel a little more in the mood to read, write and talk Disney. I'm trying to get caught up elsewhere around the boards and hopefully write a real update here soon. Thanks for hanging with me!

Well hot diggity with a side of Wahhhhoooooty!

First that you get to go, and secondly that you might be able to spend a little more time with us.

I do completely understand the no trip planned slump. It's just hard to spend time with a bunch of people all excited about their trips and stuff.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter