I Can't, I'm Not Wearing a Princess Dress! - New TR link!!!!

Finally made it back here to read carefully and comment. :) Fun, but rainy update.

Fortunately there was a bus pulling up as we got to the bus stop and we made it to MK and got through the tapstyles at around 8:15. We didn’t make rope drop but we didn’t miss it by too much.

Not too shabby for getting up late... and due to excellent bus luck.

Heck, there were maybe a dozen other people stupid enough to even be in the park.

No way! That's the BEST time to be in a park! I could only wished it had rained even once on my trip!

It would have been rude not to stop and chat for a few minutes

Absolutely! Gotta do, what you gotta do!

MK_BUZZLIGHTYEARRIDE_7579481679_1.jpeg

OMG, he's goin' in double fisted! Hold him back!

Too super cute!

I might never say this again, but getting in line for IASW was the smartest thing we could have possibly lucked into doing.

I'm sure we'll never see that again.

I mean Disney pizza, in general, gets beat up pretty badly. While this might not have been the greatest thing I’ve ever eaten, I couldn’t complain about the taste. But I will say one thing that I’ve never said about a Disney meal before.

It wasn’t enough.

My exact opinion about Pizzafari. Yuck.

Actually it does make me feel better! Maybe tomorrow someone will notice and hit the switch! :badpc: Oh and it's not just yours. I can't see @pkondz or @Steppesister either!

Well, hello there!!! :)

I actually think it's PB. I am starting to really hate that host with a passion. I finally ponied up the $12/year to have them host, and now I have a HORRIBLE time even uploading ANYTHING. It takes HOURS to get one update's worth of pix loaded so I can post. If I hadn't already started the TR with PB, I'd switch today. :(

Well, hello there!!! :)

I actually think it's PB. I am starting to really hate that host with a passion. I finally ponied up the $12/year to have them host, and now I have a HORRIBLE time even uploading ANYTHING. It takes HOURS to get one update's worth of pix loaded so I can post. If I hadn't already started the TR with PB, I'd switch today. :(
If I upload a picture directly from my phone now, I end up with that picture multiplied about 20 times in my pb account. I HATE it!

Holy crap… she just got a haircut and looks nothing like the girl in these pictures…
Now I want to see a recent picture of her!

We enjoyed our time with the main mouse, but on our way out we were discussing what to do next. As we walked through the gift shop and started to exit we saw Snow White finding shelter from the rain and she was all by herself. It would have been rude not to stop and chat for a few minutes. Not that we were in a hurry to go back out into the rain ourselves.
How cool to run into Snow White like that!

We got there and the rain was light enough that DD and I took a couple of rides on Barnstormer (back to back – we had a train by ourselves the first time and there were 4 others on with us the second time)
Well, that's a nice perk of the rain.

When we got off it was finally time to use our 7DMT FP, but it had started raining hard. We were somewhat surprised to see that the ride was still running.
Me too! I know they shut it down during rain, at least sometimes. :confused3

Oh, look, they're color coordinated!

It wasn’t much of a line, again, maybe 5 minutes tops. The skies were still clearing and it looked like maybe the rain was finally done for the day. But just after we entered the queue, the skies darkened again and it absolutely started pouring like nothing we’d seen all morning. The rain picked up and the wind was blowing hard. In fact, it was so intense that as we were getting in our boat to go on the ride, we were getting wet from rain being blown inside the building.
:eek: Glad things worked out okay for you with IASW and lunch.

I requested fries for DD. I know, we’re bad parents. They aren’t healthy. But sometimes that’s all she’ll eat. Our priority in the middle of a day at Magic Kingdom is to just make sure she’s going to get something, anything, in her stomach.
Totally understandable. We go with what she will actually consume. ::yes::

As I expected, DD ate her fries and maybe half a chicken nugget.
Haha, our daughters really are similar! :goodvibes

1. How many characters will we meet after lunch and before our afternoon break? (20 points – 5 points each if you can name them.) Hint: It was less than half as many as we met that morning.
Four. Woody and Jessie. Chip and Dale.

2. Do we ride any rides after lunch and before our break? (10 points) If so, what ride(s) for 10 more points? Hint: This should be free points if you’re paying attention to the contest. :rolleyes1
The train. And Big Thunder.

3. Where do we have a snack before leaving the park? (20 points – bonus points if you can guess what I had)
Dole Whip at whatever place has them these days. (Sunshine Tree Terrace?)

And a baby picture for your enjoyment. He's doing great right now! Still a lot of things to watch and a lot of appointments to go to, but things are as good as they could be.

166389.jpg
Aw, so cute! Thanks for the update and so happy he is thriving!

I' doing abbreviated replies as I am trying desperately to get caught up around here!

Sorry you had a rainy day, but it sounded like you used it to your advantage by ducking out of the parts when it was really bad into long and covered rides. She got a lot of nice meets in there. Too bad that lunch wasn't quite filling enough, but at least you had the chicken nuggets.

Lovely to see Ryder looking so happy and healthy!

1. How many characters will we meet after lunch and before our afternoon break? (20 points – 5 points each if you can name them.) Hint: It was less than half as many as we met that morning.

I'm going with four. Stitch, Marie, Tinkerbell and talking Mickey.

2. Do we ride any rides after lunch and before our break? (10 points) If so, what ride(s) for 10 more points? Hint: This should be free points if you’re paying attention to the contest. :rolleyes1

Yes, you ride the train, and you ride Autopia

3. Where do we have a snack before leaving the park? (20 points – bonus points if you can guess what I had)

Casey's, Corn Dog nuggets.

Holy crap… she just got a haircut and looks nothing like the girl in these pictures…
Don't you just hate when that happens? You blink and they grow up on you! :sad1:

We enjoyed our time with the main mouse, but on our way out we were discussing what to do next. As we walked through the gift shop and started to exit we saw Snow White finding shelter from the rain and she was all by herself. It would have been rude not to stop and chat for a few minutes. Not that we were in a hurry to go back out into the rain ourselves.
How fabulous! :thumbsup2

The rain had let up somewhat so we chose to venture out. It wasn’t time to use any FP yet and we wanted something close and indoors so we decided to see what Tomorrowland had to offer. Again, since there was nobody in the park, we walked right onto Buzz.
:thumbsup2 What awesome (if a bit wet) Luck!

that DD and I took a couple of rides on Barnstormer (back to back – we had a train by ourselves the first time and there were 4 others on with us the second time) and Dumbo while DW waited in Big Top souvenirs.
:thumbsup2 Sounds like the rain made things worth it.

It’s dark, shaded and the wind was coming through the tunnels just right… it was cold!
I can totally see that. The breezy cool nature is why I love that queue in the hotter months.

I might never say this again, but getting in line for IASW was the smartest thing we could have possibly lucked into doing.
Bet you never thought you would be writing THAT sentence down. LOL.

The rain picked up and the wind was blowing hard. In fact, it was so intense that as we were getting in our boat to go on the ride, we were getting wet from rain being blown inside the building.
:earseek: Whoa!

Gracefulskinny – 10 for Austin Powers
:cheer2:

2 Anna and Elsa

Train and Big Thunder

main street bakery. Cupcake and a rice crispy treat.

He's doing great right now! Still a lot of things to watch and a lot of appointments to go to, but things are as good as they could be.
Wonderful to hear!!!!:love:

Awa!!! What a cutie!!:love:

now I have a HORRIBLE time even uploading ANYTHING. It takes HOURS to get one update's worth of pix loaded so I can post.
Oh gosh! So that isn't just me lately? I thought it was because I was trying to do too much. but its been impossibly slow. takes forever to get stuff uploaded.

What a bummer about the nasty weather! That can certainly put a damper on any Disney day, but especially your last day on an already short trip.

We hardly ever take the time to meet characters now, because DS would rather be riding something and DD just isn't really all that interested yet, so the character explosion in this update made me smile!!

The chicken parm sandwich at Pinocchio's is very good! Weird (and disappointing) that they didn't offer it on your trip. It's about the only thing I would probably eat from there anymore.

Thanks for sharing the 4 month pic. What a CUTIE!!! Glad to hear he is doing so well!!

Oh yeah, and I can sympathize with being pelted by the rain while on 7DMT. Similar thing happened to me...on the Hulk. :sad2:

Hi Andy!

It's been a while since I've been on the DIS, but I'm glad to be back! Your most recent update was great. I loved all the character pictures!
Mickey is looking very good!
And as dark as it looks in these pictures, it was indeed 8:30 am, not pm.

MK_TSTHEATERPRCHAR_7579475087_1.jpeg
Cute picture with Snow White!

Too bad about the rain that day, but it's good you guys stuck it out. At least there is a lot of things to do indoors in Disney.

I missed the deadline for submitting answers to the questions from the last update but I will have some answers now.
4. What ride did I suddenly get the urge to get FP for while riding the train? (10 points) – Next update

5. What would DW do at the resort during our afternoon break? (10 points) – Next update

6. What would DD and I do at the resort during our afternoon break? (10 points) – Next update

7. What Disney snack will I get to try for the first time ever? (15 points) - Next update
4. POTC
5. Take a nap
6. swim? I'm hoping the rain stopped
7. some type of special ice cream sundae?

Questions for the Next Update:

3 characters, I going to guess Minnie, Woody and Jessie.

Yes, the carousel, and buzz?

dole whips!
And a baby picture for your enjoyment. He's doing great right now! Still a lot of things to watch and a lot of appointments to go to, but things are as good as they could be.

166389.jpg
He is so cute! I am very happy that he is doing so well! And it's great you are starting him young with loving Disney!:goodvibes

Are There Any Characters We Haven’t Met???

Dude, look. This is your TR. If you don't know the answer to that.... :sad2:

we had plans to be up bright and early to make the 8 am rope drop at Magic Kingdom.

I'm betting you managed the 'early' part just fine... the 'bright' part.... well....

Only one of us managed to wake up and get moving early enough.

That's kids for ya!
Never letting the parents sleep in.

It was overcast and rainy out.

So I guess they put the dome up, huh?

Not exactly ideal theme park conditions, but when you’re on day 3 of a 3 day trip you suck it up and go anyway.

::yes:: Places to go! Characters to see!

Fortunately there was a bus pulling up as we got to the bus stop

So the weather made you invest in the pkondz VIP bus package did it?

we made it to MK and got through the tapstyles at around 8:15.

Oh! That's a lot earlier than I thought you'd get there.

We stopped under the train station to pull out a few of the cheap $1 ponchos we’d stuffed in our bag.

Good buy. Smart to plan ahead like that.

I put one on, DW put one on and we used 2 of them tied around the stroller to keep it dry.

Yep. very good pre-planning.

What we didn’t account for was DD. We didn’t bring our nice big stroller with the rain cover, nor did we bring a child sized poncho.

um

Disregard that whole "pre-planning" stuff.

We’d kind of go between trying to make one fit her and then me just carrying her inside of mine… don’t worry, we stretched the neck hole out, I wasn’t trying to suffocate her.

If you hadn't said that, the cops were coming to knock on your door.

Heck, there were maybe a dozen other people stupid enough to even be in the park.

Best time to go, then.

Awww.... geez, Andy. Warn a guy before posting something like that.

Are you sure you brought the right one home with you?

As we walked through the gift shop and started to exit we saw Snow White finding shelter from the rain and she was all by herself.

Well, the dwarves have jobs ya know.

Man that is dark! It really does look like night time.

Geez! Again? What'd I just say about the adorable pictures??

"For the glory of Rome!!!!!"

Hmmm.... DW looks really, really, really excited to be doing this.
Less of a "I'm shooting and having fun!" and more of a "just shoot me" look.

DD and I took a couple of rides on Barnstormer (back to back – we had a train by ourselves the first time and there were 4 others on with us the second time) and Dumbo while DW waited in Big Top souvenirs.

No wait for Dumbo??? Wow. There really was no one there.

The rain had let up enough for our rides that I’d taken my poncho off and we were using it to sit on so that we weren’t sitting on wet seats. Naturally just as Dumbo took flight, the rain started to pick up again.

Well of course. This is an immutable law of nature.

When we got off it was finally time to use our 7DMT FP, but it had started raining hard. We were somewhat surprised to see that the ride was still running.

As am I. That thing breaks down too darned often.

We kept telling her we had this FP to use later so we sure didn’t want to miss out on it after we kept telling her she’d be able to ride it again later.

Yeah. You're pretty much stuck on that one.

We met up with DW inside Big Top Souvenirs and bought one of the overpriced child size Disney Parks rain ponchos.

And from the looks of it, I'm betting it was a good investment.

:laughing: Look at her! She sure looks like she's having a blast! You must've been pretty happy you didn't skip it.

she also wasn’t feeling the best that morning so I didn’t want to drag her to the park and just make her sit around by herself waiting for us all day.

That's too bad. I get it.

Another cute pic. Love her tilted foot.

And if you don’t believe me, just look at Ariel. Sorry, pkondz.

MK_GROTTOACHAR_7584740079_1.jpeg

WHAT. THE. HECK!!!!! (and no, I'm not thinkin "heck" but it's a family board.)
I would be demanding a full refund on park tickets, resort, flight, meals and a pocketful of cash for pain and suffering.

This is Not. Right.

DD requested a ride under the sea after we met Ariel. And we weren’t going to tell her no. I mean it was the next indoor thing we were coming to anyway.

And there's generally zero wait for it anyway.

We had a later FP for Buzz, but since we’d already ridden it and we were in full on character meeting mode, I changed it to Cinderella and Rapunzel.

Makes sense. I'm going to go with "good call"

but DD was having a good time so that’s all that matters.

It is. And there are sooooo many parents out there that forget that.
Because, you know, they paid a lot of money, blah, blah, blah.

Don't know why, but I just love that photo.

We thought about just going to Pinocchio’s Village Haus since it was close, but we just weren’t excited about the menu.

Ditto. Never been.

While we were trying to decide what to do, DD asked to ride IASW so we went ahead and got in line while we discussed meal options.

Oh, man. I'm sorry for your pain.

Wha???? What????? WHAT???????? :faint:

It wasn’t much of a line, again, maybe 5 minutes tops. The skies were still clearing and it looked like maybe the rain was finally done for the day. But just after we entered the queue, the skies darkened again and it absolutely started pouring like nothing we’d seen all morning. The rain picked up and the wind was blowing hard. In fact, it was so intense that as we were getting in our boat to go on the ride, we were getting wet from rain being blown inside the building.

Well... okay, I guess.

Let's see. Choices are 1. IASW or 2. Intense downpour and lashing winds that throw the rain in your face and knock you off your feet.

Is there a strong (almost certain) chance of being struck by lightning?

Rather than going outside, we just went in through that side door into Pinocchio’s Village Haus right at the exit of IASW.

Huh. Never knew that.

Ha! How would I?

We hadn’t seen a crowd anywhere all morning. And we quickly found out why. They were all hungry and this is apparently where they all wanted to eat.

Sure. Makes sense. Gotta stay dry. What are you gonna do? Go on IASW????

DD had chicken nuggets, of course.

That and mac 'n' cheese are staples ya know.

I can’t resist the urge to get chicken parm just so I can use the Peyton Manning line.

Sorry. Don't know that one.

Anyway, back on topic, that wasn’t an option so I went with a pepperoni flatbread, because it isn’t a salad. I mean do I really look like somebody who eats a lot of salads?

1. There's a topic?
2. No. No you don't.

She’d put the wrong side down for DD. I requested fries for DD. I know, we’re bad parents.

Meh. You're on vacation. Let her eat whatever the heck she wants.

The receipt had yogurt listed which I know DD wasn’t going to eat. So I turned back to the cashier to ask her about that. She told me that it was ok. There wasn’t anything she could do at that point anyway and I’d just have to tell the server at the counter to change my side.

Okay.....

I waited my turn and then told the server what had happened. She didn’t seem very happy and told me she had to give me what was on the receipt.

:sad2:

Anyway, she gave me fries along with the yogurt that was on the receipt.

Score!
Must remember that.
Order a coke and then get to the counter and 'explain' that they missed my burger and fries but that they'd give it to me at the counter.

:rolleyes1

As I expected, DD ate her fries and maybe half a chicken nugget.

Which half?

But I will say one thing that I’ve never said about a Disney meal before.

It wasn’t enough.

Second time today I've heard this.
Smaller portions?

It really could have used a side salad with it or something,

Said the guy who just proclaimed to the world that he doesn't eat salads.

There's something rotten in Denmark.
Wait, that'd be Epcot, right?

I was kind of glad that DD only wanted one of her nuggets because I ended up eating the rest of them.

OMG! You'd starve your own child to feed your face!?!?!? You monster!!

Now that lunch was out of the way it was time to make our way to the next FP. But would the rain ever let up????

No. End of TR.

2. How many characters will we meet before lunch? (50 points) Mickey, Snow White, Goofy, Donald, Daisy, Minnie, Ariel, Rapunzel, Cinderella – 9 characters

Geez dude. Leave some for everyone else!

4. What ride did I suddenly get the urge to get FP for while riding the train? (10 points) – Next update

5. What would DW do at the resort during our afternoon break? (10 points) – Next update

6. What would DD and I do at the resort during our afternoon break? (10 points) – Next update

7. What Disney snack will I get to try for the first time ever? (15 points) - Next update

Now why didn't I think of doing this on my TR?
Nooooo... I was too stupid and just slogged through the entire day.

Pkondz – 5 because he was first to answer and 5 because he don’t want to miss a thing.

Schweet.

20 points for pretty much exhausting the entire catalog of Aerosmith titles and creatively working them into his answers. -1 for using a song that wasn’t from Aerosmith. Ain’t that a b---- for all of you who only went 1 song deep?

Dang it. This was an option? Why was I not informed?!?!?

Overall Leaderboard:

pkondz 581

Yesssssss...

3. Jasmine, Aladdin, Tink.

Train!!! The Train!!!!!

Dole whip. Aloha Isle.
And if you didn't.... why the heck not???

166389.jpg

oh, man! Look at that happy boy!!! :goodvibes
Thanks so much for posting that pic, Andy!

I should have known it'd be rain; I'm from Florida!! Our two seasons are rainy and hurricane season. :sad2:
I felt like that was kind of an easy question. :rolleyes1

Glad DD had such fun with the characters. And you guys did some good navigating for sheltered areas! I was kinda shocked Snow was just hanging out. Wonder where she was off too...?
Well, it was kind of out in the area where I've seen Mary Poppins before. I don't know if Snow White just meets there from time to time or what.

I can safely say I have never, and likely will never eat in Pinocchio's. Never appealed to me. But I could totally see where a mansoon might drive me, and all other people in Fantasyland apparently, in for a not so great meal and dry seat! Lol!
That's kind of the short version of the story... it was dry, it was lunch time and there was food.

I'm so bad at this. Um, snack at Casey's, the corn dog bites (I love those little puppies).
Got em!

DS is so big! He's a happy lookin little guy too. Glad all is as well as it can be for him; he's a trooper. My best to your family.
Thanks!

Oh no! I missed your last update. I'm so sorry. I'm all caught up now. You sure did a lot despite the weather. Your daughter is darling with each character. She sure looks like she had a great day. I think it's great how kids can roll with it and not let the weather bother them too much. Her smile is infectious. Your baby is gorgeous. So glad he's doing well.
Oh yeah, I don't think she knew any better than to just have fun. It was more of a pain for us to plan around, but she was perfectly happy.

4. Haunted Mansion
5. Laundry
6. Dole whip
Got em!

1. 4 Woody, Jessie, Jasmine, Aladdin
2. Yes, 3. Haunted Mansion, Jungle Cruise, Pirates
3. Ice Cream on Main Street at The Plaza. Ice cream sandwich.
Got em!

I'm glad to see the pic of your little guy...so adorable! MK in a monsoon...can be a bit sad...but looks like you guys made the best of it. Too bad about the food situation...ugh.
Thanks! It wasn't the greatest day at MK ever, but it really was nice that we didn't have to fight any crowds at all that morning.

Thank you so much for posting the picture of your son. You must have been reading my mind. I was going to ask to see one.

Sooooooo cute!!!
Thanks!

Not a bad start for your morning, just missing RD.
No, I really thought we'd be a lot later when we finally got moving. Things fell into place just right for us to get there so quickly.

Your DD's private meet with Snow White is incredible. What a fun, unexpected treat.
It was very nice!

The picture of your DD in the Buzzmobile cracked me up. She looks so little in there!
::yes::

I think you should ask about an endorsement deal for your daughter since she is sporting all sorts of new duds, head to tail- Wardrobe by Mickey
No kidding! We should get a bulk discount.

All of the character greets are so cute. ^^^ This one is absolutely precious!
Thanks!

4. What ride did I suddenly get the urge to get FP for while riding the train? (10 points)
Tomorrowland Cars

5. What would DW do at the resort during our afternoon break? (10 points)
nap

6. What would DD and I do at the resort during our afternoon break? (10 points)
Swim

7. What Disney snack will I get to try for the first time ever? (15 points)
Cotton Candy
Got Em!

Oh my gosh, that 4 month shot is priceless. He is so adorable!!
Thanks!

Man, your title is pretty accurate. That was a lot of character meet and greets for the morning. Sorry to hear it was raining all morning. For all the indoor attractions MK has, there's no escaping getting wet when you're in the parks during bad weather.
It was nice that we were able to do so many things that DD wanted to do. She had fun and we managed to not get completely soaked, so I'll take it!

Hold on to that kid's poncho though! As expensive as they are, they last forever. We still use ones we had to buy in 2012.
I know we have it... somewhere... :rolleyes1

Bummer about lunch not filling you up. I could see that though. I think I usually get a side of breadsticks or something to help.
If I had it to do over again, I'd have likely ordered something to go along with it. Oh well.

And you've already paid for the ticket!
Yeah, but it was so cheap I hardly remembered that part. :rolleyes1

15 minutes late? Acceptable. I guess.
It was better than I expected!

You know, it does look really dark in there, now that you mention it.
::yes:: I'm telling you, it was a dark stormy morning.

And now I'm kicking myself for not using that line to open up the last update.

Double fisting the ray guns! Nice!:thumbsup2
If you added the score from both of them, it didn't suck!

DW looks thrilled to be riding shotgun there.:rotfl2:
She really wasn't feeling great that morning. She powered through it though and was much better by lunch time.

D'oh. Well, at least DD looks happy.

That'll be $239.95, sir. For $20 more, you can purchase this throw blanket. Have a magical day!
:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao: It's funny because it's true.

Just give me a sec. I have never, ever, seen this sentence before. I may never see it again.
And now it is recorded for posterity.

Holy crap. Did you notice any animals in pairs? An ark floating by?
No, but now that you mention it, I was really glad we were getting in a boat...

But who can resist that dark power? I certainly couldn't.

My wife absolutely loves that joke, too.
Who doesn't? :confused3

Oh, please. She's a kid. They can pretty much eat anything. You pick your battles.
Words of a wise parent.

:woohoo: If it weren't for bonus points, I wouldn't get any at all!:banana:
:thumbsup2

You did quite the character tour. I'll go with 3.

Chip, Dale, and Tink.

Aw, now we have to pay attention? You're not rewarding the skimmers here at all. Or so they tell me.:rolleyes1

You're riding the train.

Great. Another snack question. (throws dart at wall)

Corn dog from Casey's.
Got em!

Oh, man. Look at that smile. That's awesome. Great photo.

Hope he and you are doing well.
We're doing well now. Thanks!

That's what happens when you take 10 months to write a TR. Kids grow up too fast.
She looks super cute in these pictures, though!
Wow... when you put it in perspective like that. I never take this long writing a TR.

You can definitely see from the look on her face how much she was loving it!

Never underestimate how wet you can get walking 50 feet. Anything can happen.
Character pictures look great!
You make a very good point.

It's a Small World solves all problems :)
Well, in this case it did!

Oh, Peyton Manning.
(But remember that if you use the line, you need to use the jingle tune!)
Of course!!!

Well, it's Florida, so ... yes. But then it'll start again in about 20 minutes.

I'm in 6th place? Oh, how the mighty have fallen.
Or some might say the cream rises to the top? :rolleyes1

4:
1 - Anna
2 - Elsa
3 - Woody
4 - Jessie

Yes. The Walt Disney World Railroad.
(Because there was a question about the train, right?)

Dole Whip. You got it wherever they have the Dole Whip (I can never remember ... is it Aloha Isle?)
Got em!

It's hard to turn down a visit with Mickey, especially if his line is short.
True.

It's even harder to turn down a visit with a princess who has no line at all!
Even more true.

I appreciate that place for the fact that you can tick off 4 characters fairly quickly (usually). But I have to admit I'm always disappointed they are in the circus get ups. I guess I'm a bit of a costume purist.
I completely agree with you. I'm not a fan of the costumes or theming of the M&G area at all.

Hey, where was that outfit in the movie?? Such a shame.
I guess it's about as authentic as Jasmine's new dress.

Wow, that's a bold statement coming from a DIS Dad! (pssst, wanno know a secret? I kind of like IASW. It's become a "first ride" tradition for my family. Yes, the song can get stuck in your head, but it's so Disney, it's just something we always do to say "we're back")
I can't disagree. It isn't a "first ride" for us but we always have to do it.

We've always done this, but I read that they have "bouncers" now that only allow people to sit who actually have food. I kind of understand it, but not sure I like it.
We've had that at Pecos Bill's before, but it seems like they just kind of do it on an as needed basis if it is crowded. We didn't experience that at Pinocchio's that day.

DW and DDs seem to like Pinnochio's and they keep wanting to go back. I'm not really a fan, although the new chicken parm sandwich might be worth a try.
Yeah, it wasn't horrible, but it just didn't do much for me. The flatbread wasn't bad. Maybe if it was just a little bit bigger or came with a breadstick or side salad or something and actually filled me up I'd have liked it a lot more.

1. 3. Anna, Elsa, Alice
2. Yes. Well, I guess the railway is a ride, so that's one. I'll also say Big Thunder Mountain since I guessed you made a FP for it. Just for giggles, since I said you meet Alice, I'll say you also rode the Tea Cups. And yes, three rides before your break may be a bit much.
3. Gaston's Tavern for a cinnamon roll
Got em!

All’s good then

Going for this kind of effect…
tumblr_static_tumblr_static__640.jpg

Best get used to that…
:faint:

The Gunslinger
When it comes to kicking Zurg's ***, I mean business!

Naturally…
I knew you were responsible somehow.

Would have been a good time to ride Kali River.
Wrong park and all, but still…
I can't even remember the last time I rode that one.

Figures…
Next thing you know they’ll be covering up Jasmine.
:headache:

Certainly not a sentence that is often heard said out loud.
That's why I typed it.

Bet the CMs have never heard that one.
I know! I'm sure they'd appreciate it!

So far as you know…
I suspect she rolls her eyes so often that you don’t notice it any more.
Notice what?

They used to have a meatball sub there…
That’s also most definitely not a salad.
::yes:: And had it been on the menu when we were there, I'd have likely tried it.

Just so long as your are keeping up with your bacon rations…
Mmmm... bacon.

Passed up the yogurt, I see…
I'm not a big fan of yogurt...

For such a miserable morning weather wise,
Y’all certainly scored a tone of points in the “making the young’en happy” department.

Finally made it back here to read carefully and comment. :) Fun, but rainy update.

Not too shabby for getting up late... and due to excellent bus luck.
I never imagined we would have made it there so quickly. The bus luck helped immensely.

No way! That's the BEST time to be in a park! I could only wished it had rained even once on my trip!
I don't mind the rain too much. It just means re-shuffling some plans, but I can always make the best out of lower crowds.

Absolutely! Gotta do, what you gotta do!

OMG, he's goin' in double fisted! Hold him back!
I mean business when I have a blaster in my hand.

Too super cute!
Thanks.

I'm sure we'll never see that again.
Not likely.

My exact opinion about Pizzafari. Yuck.
Really? I haven't had a meal there, but looking forward to seeing your review.

Now I want to see a recent picture of her!
I was going to post one here. But I looked on my phone... and there are like 5000 pictures of the baby. And only 1 of her since she got her haircut. And it is a selfie that she took from way too close to even see her hair.

How cool to run into Snow White like that!

Well, that's a nice perk of the rain.

Me too! I know they shut it down during rain, at least sometimes. :confused3
I don't know that I ever saw it shut down that day. I'm sure it might have been closed during the deluge while we were in IASW and Pinocchio's, but I never saw it closed.

Oh, look, they're color coordinated!
Ha! I never noticed that!

:eek: Glad things worked out okay for you with IASW and lunch.
It did work out well.

Totally understandable. We go with what she will actually consume. ::yes::

Haha, our daughters really are similar! :goodvibes
It really is uncanny.

Four. Woody and Jessie. Chip and Dale.

The train. And Big Thunder.

Dole Whip at whatever place has them these days. (Sunshine Tree Terrace?)
Got em!

Aw, so cute! Thanks for the update and so happy he is thriving!
He really is doing very well now. It's been fantastic.

I' doing abbreviated replies as I am trying desperately to get caught up around here!
Yup.... I can relate. I'm already behind again. I just don't have enough Dis time anymore.

Sorry you had a rainy day, but it sounded like you used it to your advantage by ducking out of the parts when it was really bad into long and covered rides. She got a lot of nice meets in there. Too bad that lunch wasn't quite filling enough, but at least you had the chicken nuggets.
It's just how you have to roll with the punches. I'll gladly change my plans up a bit in exchange for virtually zero crowds.

I'm going with four. Stitch, Marie, Tinkerbell and talking Mickey.

Yes, you ride the train, and you ride Autopia

Casey's, Corn Dog nuggets.
Got em!

Don't you just hate when that happens? You blink and they grow up on you! :sad1:
It happens fast.

How fabulous! :thumbsup2

:thumbsup2 What awesome (if a bit wet) Luck!

:thumbsup2 Sounds like the rain made things worth it.
It really worked fine. I don't mind a little rain for no crowds.

I can totally see that. The breezy cool nature is why I love that queue in the hotter months.
True. It wasn't ideal in this scenario though!

Bet you never thought you would be writing THAT sentence down. LOL.
Not really.

It was an epic downpour.

2 Anna and Elsa

Train and Big Thunder

main street bakery. Cupcake and a rice crispy treat.
Got em!
Wonderful to hear!!!!:love:

Awa!!! What a cutie!!:love:
Thanks!

Oh gosh! So that isn't just me lately? I thought it was because I was trying to do too much. but its been impossibly slow. takes forever to get stuff uploaded.
I'm kind of glad it isn't just me, but it makes me even more frustrated that it is several of us and as long as it has been going on nothing has been done to make it better.

What a bummer about the nasty weather! That can certainly put a damper on any Disney day, but especially your last day on an already short trip.
It wasn't ideal, but I was happy to have less of a crowd.

We hardly ever take the time to meet characters now, because DS would rather be riding something and DD just isn't really all that interested yet, so the character explosion in this update made me smile!!
I'm not sure we could have done this many characters if DS was there. He's only 6 but he's already "too old" for princesses.

The chicken parm sandwich at Pinocchio's is very good! Weird (and disappointing) that they didn't offer it on your trip. It's about the only thing I would probably eat from there anymore.
I thought that I'd seen it listed in a menu online, but it wasn't on the menu when we were there. Maybe they were going through a chicken shortage? Who knows...

Thanks for sharing the 4 month pic. What a CUTIE!!! Glad to hear he is doing so well!!
Thanks!

Oh yeah, and I can sympathize with being pelted by the rain while on 7DMT. Similar thing happened to me...on the Hulk. :sad2:
Oh wow... that's fun.

Hi Andy!

It's been a while since I've been on the DIS, but I'm glad to be back! Your most recent update was great. I loved all the character pictures!
Hi! I'm glad you're back around the boards, it's great to see you!

Mickey is looking very good!
Doesn't he always?

Cute picture with Snow White!

Too bad about the rain that day, but it's good you guys stuck it out. At least there is a lot of things to do indoors in Disney.
Definitely. I'll trade a little bit of rain for a less crowded park any time.

4. POTC
5. Take a nap
6. swim? I'm hoping the rain stopped
7. some type of special ice cream sundae?

3 characters, I going to guess Minnie, Woody and Jessie.

Yes, the carousel, and buzz?

dole whips!
Got em!

He is so cute! I am very happy that he is doing so well! And it's great you are starting him young with loving Disney!:goodvibes
Thanks!

Dude, look. This is your TR. If you don't know the answer to that.... :sad2:
I'll just blame it on the exploding helicopters.

I'm betting you managed the 'early' part just fine... the 'bright' part.... well....
Good point. It was still dark out...

That's kids for ya!
Never letting the parents sleep in.

So I guess they put the dome up, huh?
That's what the bus driver told us. Apparently it had a leak.

::yes:: Places to go! Characters to see

So the weather made you invest in the pkondz VIP bus package did it?
No, I'm still a cheapskate. It just meant nobody else was stupid enough to be waiting for a bus so we got right on.

Oh! That's a lot earlier than I thought you'd get there.
Had we not completely lucked out with the bus...

Good buy. Smart to plan ahead like that.

Yep. very good pre-planning.

um

Disregard that whole "pre-planning" stuff.
Hey, we had 2 out of 3 people and a stroller taken care of. That's not a bad average!

If you hadn't said that, the cops were coming to knock on your door.
:scared:

Best time to go, then.

Awww.... geez, Andy. Warn a guy before posting something like that.
Sorry

Are you sure you brought the right one home with you?
Sometimes I wonder...

Well, the dwarves have jobs ya know.
Somebody's gotta dig, dig, dig, dig, dig, dig, dig.

Man that is dark! It really does look like night time.
::yes:: Crazy, isn't it? It really was that overcast.

Geez! Again? What'd I just say about the adorable pictures??
Sorry.

"For the glory of Rome!!!!!"

Hmmm.... DW looks really, really, really excited to be doing this.
Less of a "I'm shooting and having fun!" and more of a "just shoot me" look.
Yeah, she wasn't feeling great that morning, but started feeling better by around lunch time.

No wait for Dumbo??? Wow. There really was no one there.
It really was a ghost town.

Well of course. This is an immutable law of nature.
Well, yeah.

As am I. That thing breaks down too darned often.
Really? I've never noticed that.

Yeah. You're pretty much stuck on that one.

And from the looks of it, I'm betting it was a good investment.

:laughing: Look at her! She sure looks like she's having a blast! You must've been pretty happy you didn't skip it.
Yeah, it was worth getting pelted with rain.

Another cute pic. Love her tilted foot.
She does some interesting poses sometimes.

WHAT. THE. HECK!!!!! (and no, I'm not thinkin "heck" but it's a family board.)
I would be demanding a full refund on park tickets, resort, flight, meals and a pocketful of cash for pain and suffering.

This is Not. Right.
It was a crime. Almost a bait and switch operation they have going on there.

And there's generally zero wait for it anyway.
True.

Makes sense. I'm going to go with "good call"

It is. And there are sooooo many parents out there that forget that.
Because, you know, they paid a lot of money, blah, blah, blah.
Hey, I'm totally one of those parents, but I still want to make sure the kids have fun too!

Don't know why, but I just love that photo.
I do too!

Ditto. Never been.
I can't highly recommend you change that.

Oh, man. I'm sorry for your pain.
I didn't even have earbuds.

Wha???? What????? WHAT???????? :faint:

Well... okay, I guess.

Let's see. Choices are 1. IASW or 2. Intense downpour and lashing winds that throw the rain in your face and knock you off your feet.

Is there a strong (almost certain) chance of being struck by lightning?
Um... I guess we chose poorly. I don't recall there being any lightning.

Huh. Never knew that.

Ha! How would I?
Good point. I don't know that I ever noticed it before. But it was raining and I was looking for ways to stay dry. It kind of happened like this.

Oh look! A door! I think it goes to Pinocchio's! I hope it isn't locked.

Sure. Makes sense. Gotta stay dry. What are you gonna do? Go on IASW????
Only the suckers...

That and mac 'n' cheese are staples ya know.
Absolutely!

Sorry. Don't know that one.
What??? You don't have Peyton Manning commercials in Canada??? I didn't realize you lived in a third world country!!!!

1. There's a topic?
2. No. No you don't.
Thanks for agreeing with me.

Meh. You're on vacation. Let her eat whatever the heck she wants.
Pretty much. And even if we're not on vacation sometimes. This girl just doesn't want to eat.

Score!
Must remember that.
Order a coke and then get to the counter and 'explain' that they missed my burger and fries but that they'd give it to me at the counter.

Good luck with that. Let me know how it works.

Which half?
The half I didn't eat.

Second time today I've heard this.
Smaller portions?
I don't know. I don't have any history to compare it to there, but I'm used to portions being more than adequate at Disney World and this one just didn't quite cut it.

Said the guy who just proclaimed to the world that he doesn't eat salads.

There's something rotten in Denmark.
Wait, that'd be Epcot, right?
Ok, I certainly do not eat a salad as the entrée. But if I'm going to eat a flatbread that just doesn't quite satisfy my hunger it can serve as adequate filler.

OMG! You'd starve your own child to feed your face!?!?!? You monster!!
Hey, she wasn't going to eat it and I'm not throwing overpriced food in the trash!

No. End of TR.
Boom! That was easy!

Geez dude. Leave some for everyone else!
I want all the princesses!

Now why didn't I think of doing this on my TR?
Nooooo... I was too stupid and just slogged through the entire day.
I was going to but then I figured it was getting too long and I wanted to get an update posted. I still haven't finished writing the day so I think I made the right call.

Dang it. This was an option? Why was I not informed?!?!?
It's always an option. But he thought of it, I liked it and nobody else did it so he gets points. That's why they're called "bonus points."

3. Jasmine, Aladdin, Tink.

Train!!! The Train!!!!!

Dole whip. Aloha Isle.
And if you didn't.... why the heck not???
Got em!

oh, man! Look at that happy boy!!! :goodvibes
Thanks so much for posting that pic, Andy!
Thanks!

I'll just blame it on the exploding helicopters.

They always get the blame. No one ever points a finger at the guy with the surface to air missile.

Good point. It was still dark out...

"It was a dark and stormy theme park..."

That's what the bus driver told us. Apparently it had a leak.

:sad2: Disney is really letting itself go.

No, I'm still a cheapskate. It just meant nobody else was stupid enough to be waiting for a bus so we got right on.

Ah. So the VIP people were too smart to go. Check.

Hey, we had 2 out of 3 people and a stroller taken care of. That's not a bad average!

Close only counts in horseshoes and thermo-nuclear bombs.

Sometimes I wonder...

Time for a DNA check.

Somebody's gotta dig, dig, dig, dig, dig, dig, dig.

Don't bring my gardening skills into this.

Yeah, she wasn't feeling great that morning, but started feeling better by around lunch time.

Good to hear.

Really? I've never noticed that.

Noticed it down a few times.

She does some interesting poses sometimes.

Ballet in her future?

It was a crime. Almost a bait and switch operation they have going on there.

Someone should do something! Someone! This is tragic!!!

Hey, I'm totally one of those parents, but I still want to make sure the kids have fun too!

I didn't even have earbuds.

:eek: Good Lord!!!

Um... I guess we chose poorly. I don't recall there being any lightning.

Bad move, dude. Bad move.

Good point. I don't know that I ever noticed it before. But it was raining and I was looking for ways to stay dry. It kind of happened like this.

Oh look! A door! I think it goes to Pinocchio's! I hope it isn't locked.

Isn't that the premise to every horror movie ever made?

What??? You don't have Peyton Manning commercials in Canada??? I didn't realize you lived in a third world country!!!!

All our commercials have Sidney Crosby in them.
And I'm at work, so it's gonna have to wait.

Pretty much. And even if we're not on vacation sometimes. This girl just doesn't want to eat.

Gotta keep that girlish figure.

Wait... she is a girl... nevermind.

Good luck with that. Let me know how it works.

I plan on trying it when you're there. You know, so you can see for yourself.
(Disregard that I'm going to point at you and say "He's buying.")

The half I didn't eat.

Only because she managed to tear it away from your greedy paws.

Hey, she wasn't going to eat it and I'm not throwing overpriced food in the trash!

Uh, huh. Poor starving child.

I want all the princesses!

I think that's illegal in most States.

I was going to but then I figured it was getting too long and I wanted to get an update posted. I still haven't finished writing the day so I think I made the right call.

Good move.

It's always an option. But he thought of it, I liked it and nobody else did it so he gets points. That's why they're called "bonus points."

Dang it.

Sorry about all the rain, that's a huge bummer. I love that you didn't let that stop you though. Man you really did meet a lot of characters though. Sounds like a pretty successful morning despit the rain.

Good morning everyone. I want to first of all apologize for not keeping up on the Dis. I really hoped once I got caught up here a few weeks ago that I'd be able to get another update done and keep up with everyone a little bit easier. Unfortunately that didn't happen. I wanted to pop in to let you know that I haven't forgotten you all. I will eventually get caught up on the TRs I've been following and I will finish this one. Even if it is a year late.

But I know you all were following along with us this summer as we were going through an extended hospital stay with our youngest. We've spent the last few weeks making multiple visits to the hospital for some imaging. He had an appointment with his surgeon and neurosurgeon about a week before Christmas. A chest xray was taken to check his hernia repair and they tried (and failed) to get an MRI to check on his shunt. 6 month olds don't sit still for an MRI. The chest xray showed an area that was a little bit suspect so we've returned to the hospital a few more times to get some better imaging.

They determined yesterday that he has another hernia with his transverse colon through the diaphragm next to the esophagus. He's going to need another surgery very soon, probably as soon as they can schedule it in the next couple of weeks once they can get everyone back from the holiday. The surgeon has told us that this can be a risky repair but it is definitely needed. He's indicated a lot of risks based on the location of the hernia and this isn't exactly something he's seen before so he wants to discuss the case with some colleagues at other hospitals.

Also the little guy and our oldest have caught some nasty colds this week too, so it has been a really rough couple of days and sleepless nights in our house. If you don't mind keeping us in your prayers, we'd really appreciate it.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter