• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I Can't Believe We Ate the Whole Thing! 15 Nights of DDP with photos...!

This is one of the best reviews. Great pictures! The fruit platter looks great.
Thanks, can't wait for more.

Wow Jenn, those turkey sandwiches look absolutely yummy :thumbsup2 Great stash of candy from Goofy's too :rotfl:

Thank you so much for you wonderful pictures and reviews! Now, just when I thought I had my ADR's figured out......:)

Thanks so much for the great reviews and pics.......your Food Report helped in cementing some of my upcoming ADR's, so KUDOS to you !!!!! :thumbsup2

Thank you SO MUCH for the great report! It's so nice to have pics with the food descriptions! I know this took a lot of time and I (and prolly everyone else) is very appreciative! It helps me with my ADRs.

Not only ADRs, but most importantly the CS meals. Everyone seems to review the TS meals, which for me, is the easiest part of planning meals at WDW. It's the CS meals that can get tricky - you never know when you're going to end up at a notoriously bad place - or which places serve food you don't care for. Your pics of the CS were especially helpful.

Thanks again, I'm glad you had such a great trip (and great food)! We will also be there in Nov/Dec (11/30-12/5) - maybe we'll see you there! (You won't be able to miss us - there will be 8 of us this time!!

We had eight snack credits left and had a BLAST shopping at Goofys:

BCV5-14-07snackcreditsw.jpg

Pictured here from left to right:

Pooh character chocolates, Mickey Pez, Goofy's sweet tart candies - in shapes of Mickey, Minnie, Goofy and Donald, Mickey large chocolate coins, Mickey suckers, Goofy's sour candies, Goofy's powder candy stick, Mickey Grahams.

We brought all of this home (okay, except most of the Pooh chocolates, which DS gobbled down) and we will use it as memory souvies all summer - one item at a time.

Snack credits left?

Zero!

My DD just saw this and her eyes lit up! I don't think she believed me when I told her she has 10 credits to use on whatever snacks she wants. :rotfl: Then she asked if she has to share? I said, each of you, have 10 to spend. To her, not having to share with her siblings is Disney magic! :wizard:

Here I sit, at 4:00 in the morning, with a cup of coffee. I sure could go for one of those banana split cakes, right now :coffee: or even one of those turkey/provolone paninis. It all looks good to me!

turkey and provolone=yummy! love the look of that sandwich.

carrot cake or pumpkin cake with cream cheese frosting= double yummy!!!
and yes you did raise him right to love that stuff! its sooooo good!!

fruit platter=wow does that look good. i love fruit when it's hot out. it's a nice snack. sometimes my dh and ds will have sandwiches for lunch in the summer and i might just have a bowl of fruit.

i have so enjoyed this thread. thank you so much. you have given me so many ideas for our trip.

That panini looked WONDERFUL! PANINI=YUMMOLICIOUS! Thanks for showing that! I can't wait to eat at the BW Bakery! YUMMO!:thumbsup2

Wow Jenn, those turkey sandwiches look absolutely yummy :thumbsup2 Great stash of candy from Goofy's too :rotfl:

Thanks all! Boardwalk Bakery for sandwiches, etc was an afterthought. We were hungry after Cooke's of Dublin and had the counter service credits. We didn't have high expectations of the paninis - they were premade and just pressed/heated upon order. We were really surprised and pleased by how good they were. And the fruit was SO good! I couldn't believe it was just $3.49!

This is one of the best reviews. Great pictures! The fruit platter looks great.
Thanks, can't wait for more.

Thank you so much for you wonderful pictures and reviews! Now, just when I thought I had my ADR's figured out......:)

Thanks so much for the great reviews and pics.......your Food Report helped in cementing some of my upcoming ADR's, so KUDOS to you !!!!! :thumbsup2

Great Job!

Thanks all! I love reading reviews and have actually added Jiko to our next trip based on some.

Thanks for posting that candy from Goofy's Candy Co! That is one of my must stops, and I'm sure some of that would make great souvenirs!!

My DD just saw this and her eyes lit up! I don't think she believed me when I told her she has 10 credits to use on whatever snacks she wants. :rotfl: Then she asked if she has to share? I said, each of you, have 10 to spend. To her, not having to share with her siblings is Disney magic! :wizard:

Goofy's Candy Co for the snack credits is PERFECT!!! We just loved it and went again before we came home to use up our BWV credits. We picked up lots of little gifts to bring home for my niece, nephew, and best friend's daughter. Just fantastic!

Thank you SO MUCH for the great report! It's so nice to have pics with the food descriptions! I know this took a lot of time and I (and prolly everyone else) is very appreciative! It helps me with my ADRs.

Not only ADRs, but most importantly the CS meals. Everyone seems to review the TS meals, which for me, is the easiest part of planning meals at WDW. It's the CS meals that can get tricky - you never know when you're going to end up at a notoriously bad place - or which places serve food you don't care for. Your pics of the CS were especially helpful.

Thanks again, I'm glad you had such a great trip (and great food)! We will also be there in Nov/Dec (11/30-12/5) - maybe we'll see you there! (You won't be able to miss us - there will be 8 of us this time!!

Thank you so much for the compliments! The CS's are the wild card for us...we know the places we like and have enjoyed in the past. But we never really know where we'll be, so we use the credits on the fly.

We'll be there from 11/20 - 12/4...we should compare ADR's and see if we have any that match! We're only 3 though...won't be a Grand Gathering of 9until next summer.

Lunchtime at MGM - following DS and DH's inagural ride on ToT, we decided to sit down at the little CS restaurant area to have some lunch. I ordered the food from Rosie's first and then asked DH to take photos while I got DS's pizza at Catalina Eddie's. I'm not sure if he tried to be artistic or something, but he got...well...close ups :confused3

DH ordered the double cheeseburger and fries, large Sprite and chocolate cake for dessert. He felt that everything was just as good as all the other cheeseburgers and fries.

I ordered the chicken strips, fries, water and chocolate cake. Again - equally comparable with all the rest.

Burger, fries and chocolate cake:

BCV5-14-07MGMII.jpg

close up of the fries :rolleyes: :

BCV5-14-07MGMIII.jpg

Here's a good detail shot of the chicken strips :rotfl: :

BCV5-14-07MGMIV.jpg

And another angled shot of the lunch - but it is a good photo of the chocolate cakes:

BCV5-14-07MGM.jpg

DS originally wanted pizza so I ordered the pepperoni pizza with the side salad and apple pie for him. You can see the difference in camera styles here, with back to the boring of me:

BCV5-14-07MGMV.jpg

Although DS wanted the pizza, he ended up eating most of the chicken strips and chocolate cake. The pizza was good, although a bit greasy. The chocolate cakes were very moist and fudgy - very good for pre packaged. And the apple pie was surprisingly good. I was expecting super sweet and preservative filled, but it was fresh tasting and not too sweet.

Overall, we'd go back here again with no problem. Nothing special, but very satisfying. And they had several very nice toppings area - just the basics, but organized.

At last, an update :banana: I was all set to PM you this morning - I was getting concerned as you've been veeeery quiet :rotfl: I will probably still PM you later for a 'chat'.

Meanwhile, back to the food - we often eat at Rosie's when we're at MGM. Like you say, good food and plenty of it really :thumbsup2

Just realised that, as DH and I both like diet drinks, we can probably get away with sharing 1 drink between us at CS places and then having a bottle of water, which we can take with us. I suspect you've probably mentioned before that you did this and, what I am considering to be a brainwave, actually isn't :rotfl2:

Good to know that Rosie's wasn't bad. I've heard a lot of bad things about it. We will have to eat at 1 CS while there for dinner 1 night.

And the apple pie was surprisingly good. I was expecting super sweet and preservative filled, but it was fresh tasting and not too sweet.

Mmmm, preservative filled :) that's why it was so fresh tasting :rotfl2:

I really love your combination of photos and reviews. Some reviews are light on the descriptions and photo heavy. Some are without photos :scared1: You have it down!!:dance3:

Need. More. Reviews. :goodvibes (you can only blame yourself for creating us addicts)

What a wonderful dining report. Thank you SO MUCH for taking the time to do it all. :thanks:

I just got done reading this whole thread - whew! Excellent job! Appreciate the reviews and the pics - its nice to see the portions and what the food looks like. Especially for me w/3 picky kids! You really did a great service for us - thank you!

I loved reading your report--it gave so many great ideas, showed wonderful pics, and your sense of humor is great. Thank you so much for taking all the time it had to take to write it all down for all of us. Now I have to go find and read your trip report!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter