• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I Can't Believe We Ate the Whole Thing! 15 Nights of DDP with photos...!

Wonderful!
Best looking dish - the asparagus and goats cheese and the steaks looked good too!
I think I`ve put on 7lbs reading this thread, well worth it though :goodvibes

Just catching up again. Absolutely loving the report. We'll be there for our first family trip 11/23-12/2. Can't wait. You ate at quite a few places that we have our ADRs. I'm so glad you're taking the time to do this, I know it has got to be a ton of work.
Thank You Thank You Thank You
Angela

Thanks for all the reviews! I see alot of things we will be trying in September that otherwise might have overlooked. I have to ask, what kind of camera do you have? I am looking around for a new one and your photos are very nice and have great color!

I just finished reading all 29 pages and I was drooling by the time I was done. We just came back from 9 days. I had taken my dd16 girl scout troop(3 girls in total), but 8 total in our group. Our fav was Le Cellier and Kona Cafe..Talk about the savings...we saved just under $1800 (actually $1788) using the ddp. We all loved it.

Thanks so much for all the pics. We always loved the desserts(especially anything ice cream0. The kiddie cone at Kona Cafe was to die for. Your reviews sure gave us some insights as to new places to either try or avoid in the future. thanks again:wizard:

Hi SLK!!

Just finished reading your fabulous report. It made me really hungry!!popcorn::

We were in Disney the same time you were (5/2-5/9). We were not on the DDP, but we went to Ohana, 50's Prime Time, Liberty Tree Tavern, and Crystal Palace.

Anyway, I wanted to say thanks for this great report. We are going back in Septmeber for free dining :cheer2: :banana: :yay: After reading about your reviews we are very excited about going to Coral Reef and Boma! We will also being going to Narcoosses and Tony's. Also, after seeing your picture of that strawberry swirl... its a must do for me ..YUM!

Mmmm, preservative filled :) that's why it was so fresh tasting :rotfl2:

I really love your combination of photos and reviews. Some reviews are light on the descriptions and photo heavy. Some are without photos :scared1: You have it down!!:dance3:

I just got done reading this whole thread - whew! Excellent job! Appreciate the reviews and the pics - its nice to see the portions and what the food looks like. Especially for me w/3 picky kids! You really did a great service for us - thank you!

I loved reading your report--it gave so many great ideas, showed wonderful pics, and your sense of humor is great. Thank you so much for taking all the time it had to take to write it all down for all of us. Now I have to go find and read your trip report!

I enjoyed reading your report. Thank you for posting it.

Thank you all so much!! It makes me smile to see so many people enjoying the thread. And I'm that almost irritating kind of personality that just loves to over-help people. Like if I met you and you mentioned you were thinking about booking a trip to WDW I would have your trip half planned for you before you knew it...! So I have to admit I love sharing our stories for everyone else's "whatever it's worth" categories. :goodvibes

At last, an update :banana: I was all set to PM you this morning - I was getting concerned as you've been veeeery quiet :rotfl: I will probably still PM you later for a 'chat'.

Meanwhile, back to the food - we often eat at Rosie's when we're at MGM. Like you say, good food and plenty of it really :thumbsup2

Just realised that, as DH and I both like diet drinks, we can probably get away with sharing 1 drink between us at CS places and then having a bottle of water, which we can take with us. I suspect you've probably mentioned before that you did this and, what I am considering to be a brainwave, actually isn't :rotfl2:

Joh my friend!!!

DH and I do the drink sharing thing too - the large sizes are huge and we can compromise on sf lemonade. Then I pull out my crystal lights later for the water bottle and have something to cool down with later. You'll be needing cool down ideas in August :thumbsup2

Wonderful!
Best looking dish - the asparagus and goats cheese and the steaks looked good too!
I think I`ve put on 7lbs reading this thread, well worth it though :goodvibes

That was, by far, the best appetizer I had on the trip. YUM!

Just catching up again. Absolutely loving the report. We'll be there for our first family trip 11/23-12/2. Can't wait. You ate at quite a few places that we have our ADRs. I'm so glad you're taking the time to do this, I know it has got to be a ton of work.
Thank You Thank You Thank You
Angela

It is so my pleasure! We'll be there at the same time as you - I wonder if we have any overlapping ADR's?

Thanks for all the reviews! I see alot of things we will be trying in September that otherwise might have overlooked. I have to ask, what kind of camera do you have? I am looking around for a new one and your photos are very nice and have great color!

Thank you! We have a Nikon Coolpix. I absolutely love it! It is a tiny little camera and it takes the greatest photos. Nothing fancy, but it definitely does the job. We picked it because it had a "fireworks" feature on it. It is small enough to tuck in your pocket and I actually keep it in my purse when we're home in case I ever want to take a quick photo of DS. Here is a link I found - looks like the price has gone down since we bought ours.

http://www.nikonusa.com/template.php?cat=1&grp=2&productNr=25554

I just finished reading all 29 pages and I was drooling by the time I was done. We just came back from 9 days. I had taken my dd16 girl scout troop(3 girls in total), but 8 total in our group. Our fav was Le Cellier and Kona Cafe..Talk about the savings...we saved just under $1800 (actually $1788) using the ddp. We all loved it.

Thanks so much for all the pics. We always loved the desserts(especially anything ice cream0. The kiddie cone at Kona Cafe was to die for. Your reviews sure gave us some insights as to new places to either try or avoid in the future. thanks again:wizard:

Thank you! DS had the kiddie cone when we went to Kona and he loved it. He remembered it from his trip for his 4th birthday and was so excited to order it again. We had to pay OOP for it since it's not on the kids menu anymore but it was worth every penny.

Hi SLK!!

Just finished reading your fabulous report. It made me really hungry!!popcorn::

We were in Disney the same time you were (5/2-5/9). We were not on the DDP, but we went to Ohana, 50's Prime Time, Liberty Tree Tavern, and Crystal Palace.

Anyway, I wanted to say thanks for this great report. We are going back in Septmeber for free dining :cheer2: :banana: :yay: After reading about your reviews we are very excited about going to Coral Reef and Boma! We will also being going to Narcoosses and Tony's. Also, after seeing your picture of that strawberry swirl... its a must do for me ..YUM!

Enjoy your ADR's!!! I would LOVE to hear what you think of Narcoosee's when you get back. We had an ADR there but ended up cancelling it for some reason. DH wants to try again next time.

I forgot my memory card in the camera when we went to Kona - so we had to take photos directly to the camera. I can't download the photos the same way, so DH has to pull them off. I've been nagging him so hopefully he'll get it done soon.

Here's hoping!

Thank you so much! Your reviews are wonderful. It must take a lot of time taking the pictures and then posting them. It's so nice of you! :goodvibes

Shell

Jenn, here's hoping for an update some time soon - get Goofy working on those pics ;)

I have 2 questions.

1. The chocolate whiskey cake at Le Cellier----The sauce with licorice flavor....Is that it the tiny pitcher or is it already on the cake? That's a make or break for ordering this dessert.

2. You may have answered this already....I see that your son made some amazing treats at Goofy's. Can adults make them too, because DH is jonesing to do it now that I've told him about it.

THANKS FOR THE GREAT REPORT!:thumbsup2

Thank you so much! Your reviews are wonderful. It must take a lot of time taking the pictures and then posting them. It's so nice of you! :goodvibes

Shell

I just read all 29 pages. Thanks for the wonderful reviews and pictures! :thumbsup2

Jenn, here's hoping for an update some time soon - get Goofy working on those pics ;)

Excellent review and pictures! Thanks for sharing.

Great reviews and tips has been great for planning our trip to WDW in September.:jumping1:

Thank you all!!! I'm going to start bugging DH to download the photos that aren't on the memory card soon. I have Kona on there and then only two more days. :(

Oh well...4 more months to more!

I have 2 questions.

1. The chocolate whiskey cake at Le Cellier----The sauce with licorice flavor....Is that it the tiny pitcher or is it already on the cake? That's a make or break for ordering this dessert.

2. You may have answered this already....I see that your son made some amazing treats at Goofy's. Can adults make them too, because DH is jonesing to do it now that I've told him about it.

THANKS FOR THE GREAT REPORT!:thumbsup2

Hello!

The tarragon vanilla sauce is in the pitcher only - you pour it on yourself. If I order it again, I may ask for vanilla ice cream instead. I did like the sauce and I HATE black licorice, but to me chocolate cake + vanilla ice cream = :cloud9:

Absolutely anyone can order the treats at Goofy's - I ordered the chocolate dipped pretzels with reeses peanut butter cup and ate each of them all by myself (okay, so I let the boys try a little!). I thought they were as close to the Hershey Take Five bar as I could get. They have all kinds of things you can choose from (three pretzel rods, Mickey rice krispy treat, marshmallow kabobs, huge oreo cookies, apples) and all except the apples are included on the DDP.

They have pencils next to note pads with all the choices available. You put your name on, mark off whatever you want, give them the sheet and watch them make it. They do have to refrigerate between layers sometimes, and at the end, but it is worth the wait.

And SO much fun!!!

Thanks for the hint about subbing ice cream for the sauce, and

WOW, DH will be up for a trip to the candy shop now!

Hello!

The tarragon vanilla sauce is in the pitcher only - you pour it on yourself. If I order it again, I may ask for vanilla ice cream instead. I did like the sauce and I HATE black licorice, but to me chocolate cake + vanilla ice cream = :cloud9:

Absolutely anyone can order the treats at Goofy's - I ordered the chocolate dipped pretzels with reeses peanut butter cup and ate each of them all by myself (okay, so I let the boys try a little!). I thought they were as close to the Hershey Take Five bar as I could get. They have all kinds of things you can choose from (three pretzel rods, Mickey rice krispy treat, marshmallow kabobs, huge oreo cookies, apples) and all except the apples are included on the DDP.

They have pencils next to note pads with all the choices available. You put your name on, mark off whatever you want, give them the sheet and watch them make it. They do have to refrigerate between layers sometimes, and at the end, but it is worth the wait.

And SO much fun!!!

Really enjoyed reading your reviews today, great job!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter