Hurricane Sandy and East Coast - anyone preparing yet?

Getting a little scary here (central PA). No gusts but sustained strong winds. Making noises through the door. I don't like it.

Getting a little scary here (central PA). No gusts but sustained strong winds. Making noises through the door. I don't like it.

same here... Rochester, NY and very very windy!!! watching Fox News and just saw that the facade of a building came down in NYC!!! No injuries thank goodness, but scary!!!

Times Square is empty!

CNN is stating that Sandy is now a post tropical storm. No longer a nurricane? That would be good news.

CNN is stating that Sandy is now a post tropical storm. No longer a nurricane? That would be good news.

It may no longer be a hurricane in a technical sense but it is now hybrid super storm as it has combined with the cold front system. This is not over by a long shot.

Here in Maryland just west of Baltimore. Wind is very very strong but Thankfully we still have power. Flickering but not going out yet. Hope all stays safe. My kitty is sleeping like a baby, so so much for the Animals knowing something is up!!

It is sooooo windy rift now. I have flashlights everywhere and a candle on the kitchen table for when the inevitable happens. We've already had a lot of flickering and trees are down all over my neighborhood.

In Baltimore and I am almost afraid to brag that I still have power, am sipping chilled wine, all of the laundery is done, the house is warm and cozy, cookies are baked, the basement dry, we finished a hot dinner and were able to get all the dishes washed in the dishwasher, the kids are watching a movie and I'm enjoying quiet time on the computer. I'm afraid if I report this on FB to all of my friends suffering without power today that I will definately be punished by losing power. Or a tree will fall on the house or something. I can't believe how lucky we have been so far as we are right under it right now and have been having gusts of wind all day. During Irene we lost power imediately and were without it for 7 days! I'm feeling bad for all of friends in OC Maryland, who even though they have evacuated, are watching news casts and pictures of their town being washed out. This is a nasty one!

Praying for everyone in the storms path.

In Baltimore and I am almost afraid to brag that I still have power, am sipping chilled wine, all of the laundery is done, the house is warm and cozy, cookies are baked, the basement dry, we finished a hot dinner and were able to get all the dishes washed in the dishwasher, the kids are watching a movie and I'm enjoying quiet time on the computer. I'm afraid if I report this on FB to all of my friends suffering without power today that I will definately be punished by losing power. Or a tree will fall on the house or something. I can't believe how lucky we have been so far as we are right under it right now and have been having gusts of wind all day. During Irene we lost power imediately and were without it for 7 days! I'm feeling bad for all of friends in OC Maryland, who even though they have evacuated, are watching news casts and pictures of their town being washed out. This is a nasty one!

How is Ellicott City fairing?

It is crazy in Queens. Person was killed by a tree couple of blocks away.

Trees are going down everywhere. Very few people around here have power.

Its very windy here and the power keeps going off and back on. The fascia was blown off the neighbors house and there are tree branches all over my yard. I hope it dies down soon, I'll be too nervous to sleep tonight.

Lots and lots of rain in West Central PA. There's snow in one part of town, but not in the other. It's windy, but not impressively windy.

My BIL and is wife are stuck in an elevator. Not sure WHY they were in there and where they were going to or coming from.

They just showed a picture of Ave C and 14th with the cars under water...that is super close to where he lives.

I hope everyone stays safe during this.

Here in Northeast Ohio we are experiecing some high winds and lots of rain with flood warnings. SO far we still have power (knock on wood) and the cable flickers every once in a while. The basement is dry and I have a supply of junk food and booze. Plus I have the day off tomorrow.

My BIL and is wife are stuck in an elevator. Not sure WHY they were in there and where they were going to or coming from.

They just showed a picture of Ave C and 14th with the cars under water...that is super close to where he lives.

That is so scary. How are they going to get out?

Here in South East Virginia the we had some flooding and no school tomorrow (or today). The winds weren't bad, but now they are picking up and we're getting some good gusts. Nothing like they are having up North though I'm sure.
All of you are in our thoughts!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter