Hurricane Matthew Closes WDW - Reopens Saturday, October 8th

csgsu

DIS Veteran
I didnt see one started so if there is one please just delete this, but I leave fri and would love if there was a thread we can look at for everyone with updates to go to. I guess as of right now we are still in wait and see mode. If anyone else has an updates please share.....hopefully everyone stays safe

We were scheduled to arrive Thursday, but just added a night Wednesday - moved our SW flights without a problem. I figure that way we'll for sure make it in. I didn't want to lose a whole day not being able to land on Thursday. Looks like Thursday and Friday will be pretty much a wash out, but on the bright side, maybe the parks will be less crowded?? :)

yea just saw an update from the weather channel and "IF" they are right based on everything right now looks like eye will be off the coast and only the coast will get tropical storm force winds....hoping they are right supposed to drive in on fri

yea just saw an update from the weather channel and "IF" they are right based on everything right now looks like eye will be off the coast and only the coast will get tropical storm force winds....hoping they are right supposed to drive in on fri

The coast is going to get hurricane force winds. Probably Orlando as well.

Safe travels to all who are heading to WDW this week. (Well, safe travel wishes to anyone travelling anywhere actually.)
We have 11 days before we leave. I am hopeful it will all be calmed down by then. We travelled from Boston 5 days after Sandy without issue.

This is one of those times the CR is the perfect place - with all the restaurants and activities under the same roof. :)

The coast is going to get hurricane force winds. Probably Orlando as well.
This is far from certain. Based on the models, Orlando sits at about 40% probability for tropical storm force winds. Unless the storm strengthens or moves closer to the coast than they predict, Orlando will not get hit with hurricane force winds. Orlando/WDW can handle tropical storm force winds without any disruptions.

This is far from certain. Based on the models, Orlando sits at about 40% probability for tropical storm force winds. Unless the storm strengthens or moves closer to the coast than they predict, Orlando will not get hit with hurricane force winds. Orlando/WDW can handle tropical storm force winds without any disruptions.
thats what I heard as well...unless it comes closer than maybe a little rain and some20mph winds

Someone just told me they ground planes at 40mph winds. We fly in Friday afternoon so my fingers are crossed... we can't get in any sooner. We could switch to Saturday morning flights but it's just a long weekend excursion that would be a bummer. Oh well, better late than never! I'm not interested in crashing because I want to ride the storm!!

Actually, the official 5AM forecast has Orlando at 65% probability of TS force winds; 9% hurricane force. The next forecast will be out in about 30 minutes.

Hope it doesn't interfere with folks' Disney plans too much! We're slated to be in Saturday afternoon so looks like we will miss the brunt (or so I'm hoping -- you never know with hurricanes).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter