Hurricane Matthew Closes WDW - Reopens Saturday, October 8th

We were there for a 17 day trip and the weather before it all was insanely hot, enough to make me go back to December as a trip month but the days after were really pretty. The crowds were ridiculous though, you would have never thought there was a hurricane looming.

I agree. The weather Sunday-Friday was like nothing I've ever experienced in central Florida in October. No humidity. Tuesday night was almost chilly.

We were there for a 17 day trip and the weather before it all was insanely hot, enough to make me go back to December as a trip month but the days after were really pretty. The crowds were ridiculous though, you would have never thought there was a hurricane looming.
Really? I thought the crowds were fantastic the week prior to the hurricane.

Really? I thought the crowds were fantastic the week prior to the hurricane.

We are used to empty parks of January and December so for us it was just insane. We did rope drop every day, so no big deal for us, we usually can make it out of each park in an hour and do all the rides with little to no wait and 2 hours tops. We then hit up a waterpark or back to our resort and then head to the park where our early evening fastpasses are for and do those rides and then head to wherever we want to watch fireworks, have dinner reservations and hang out just walking around at. We do all our souvenir shopping at the end of the night when the shops are open after the parks close. The lines don't affect us in any way, but the crowds were nuts for what we are used to :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!