Hurricane Irma?

:welcome:to the Boards, SonicStacie ~ you'll be visiting at a memorable time! If you are having a Disney Wedding, everything will go off as planned.

Last year when the park closed for Hurricane Matthew, a wedding still took place at a Disney Resort that evening. Everything went well and the Father of the Bride even asked Mickey if he had remembered to fill his car up with gas. :)

Not a Disney Wedding, just a small family wedding planned for Cocoa Beach (if there isn't too much damage of course) but could be relocated to Paradise Cove.

Thank you - I've never obsessed over the weather so much in my life! In the UK we just get on with the general grey skies and rain but it's nearly always mild, never crazy like this!

The wedding company I've been dealing with has been excellent though and these things are beyond my control so I'm trying to be as reasonable and level headed as possible.

Crossing fingers and toes we get the day we've been dreaming of, but as long as we get our day, I'm sure we will make it special - just being in Disney World is special enough :)

What happens if you can't reach Disney in time to cancel? I have a room booked from Sunday to Monday and am dealing with evacuations, etc. I'm not sure if I can afford to wait on the phone for hours and waste battery life on my phone.

Anyone know for southwest air. If you do online check in can you still cancel after? Since they let you check in 24 hours in advance. I typically do it then. But don't want to make flight non cancelled by checking in before we make final decision.
Yes! I cancelled my flight on Tuesday after my early bird check in had already checked me in. I got a full credit.

The issue here is not WDW to me - cast members live in places too; they have families etc. Who knows if they can even get to work much less why would expect them to work if they are struggling with the basics at home. This is a vacation for us but real life for them. I suspect many of their structures are built to withstand high winds (remember seeing the houses built by the airport with the huge metal straps for the second floors) but still if this thing comes up the spine there will be damage.

What happens if you can't reach Disney in time to cancel? I have a room booked from Sunday to Monday and am dealing with evacuations, etc. I'm not sure if I can afford to wait on the phone for hours and waste battery life on my phone.
Someone earlier said they canceled via online chat. You might have luck with that

The issue here is not WDW to me - cast members live in places too; they have families etc. Who knows if they can even get to work much less why would expect them to work if they are struggling with the basics at home. This is a vacation for us but real life for them. I suspect many of their structures are built to withstand high winds (remember seeing the houses built by the airport with the huge metal straps for the second floors) but still if this thing comes up the spine there will be damage.

The cast member I spoke to this evening said the buildings are built to withstand up to 200mph winds.

Do they have online chat via mobile device?
It doesn't look like it. Maybe email them? Including your confirmation number and a phone number to call you back at?

Otherwise I think your left with going to a computer or having to call.

Is anyone actually in WDW now and can tell me road conditions? We were scheduled to arrive Sunday but we've decided to drive in earlier to get ahead of the storm. My only concern is that we'll get all the way down to Florida by early Saturday and get stopped by road closures. If we can just make it to Disney by noon on Saturday I feel good. Thoughts?

It doesn't look like it. Maybe email them? Including your confirmation number and a phone number to call you back at?

Otherwise I think your left with going to a computer or having to call.

Inbooked a room only directly. I sent them an email telling them the situation and asking to call.

Inbooked a room only directly. I sent them an email telling them the situation and asking to call.
Well hopefully that works. I would think they would be understanding if you couldn't cancel in time. You are not the only one trying to get ahold of them

I hate to say this, but after seeing the path that Irma is taking, I've decided to cancel my MNSSHP trip. Was going to fly down from NY on the 14th and go to WDW on the 15th, and fly back the next day...but Orlando looks like it may suffer through catastrophic damage, and even if my flight is not cancelled, the airport may not even be in working order, not to mention WDW. I also have a friend in Ocala who I was planning to share this with and now she doesn't even know if her home will still be standing by Tuesday morning. The situation is just more and more terrifying by the hour and I can no longer defend putting myself in danger if I have the ability to stay safe, especially since I would be traveling of my own free will and there are millions of people who have no choice but to brace for this in their homes and risk losing everything. I know Disney is offering refunds for the Halloween party date that has already been canceled, but what about ones that haven't been so far? Or will I just have to take the loss? I'm beginning to not care...safety comes first. My hotel room (off-location) can be canceled for free with no charge until the day before I leave, and I'm not sure about my JetBlue flight (I have insurance, though). Does anyone have advice? Should I wait another day or two to see if Irma moves again or even what happens when it hits Central Florida? Or should I just cancel now and see what I can do in terms of getting my money back? My thoughts and prayers are with everyone in the path...please stay safe.

12:43am and I've been on hold for 4 hours 21 minutes. Not sure how much longer I can stay awake but I feel like any minute I'll get a human....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter