Hurricane Irma?

This is what I would do, call the TA and be firm explain to her/him that you would like to cancel or change dates. If the TA continues to be nonchalant about it explain one last time that you expect expediency and that this is the reason you went with a agent. If nothing gets done speak to a supervisor and explain the situation again. This time explain that if something isn't done ASAP you will file a claim with your bank due to the agents lack of follow through and attitude. Also the fact that you are paying for services they aren't providing. The bank or charge card company will help you they have protections against this. I would also in a non threatening way say that services like yelp,reddit and the various Disney forums are your friend and You have and will continue to post about your experiences. I wish you all the luck in the world and am sure it will work out for you. Remember to be fair but firm, and most of all remain calm throughout the conversations and document everything.
Thank you, I will try again with her tomorrow but if she doesn't come through. I am going to escalate it as far as I can. I am already sad enough as it is. Staying calm is so hard right now lol.

Thank you, I will try again with her tomorrow but if she doesn't come through. I am going to escalate it as far as I can. I am already sad enough as it is. Staying calm is so hard right now lol.
Not a problem, I totally understand. Even if Disney can't/won't do anything it's the TA's job to attempt to get it done.in this case Disney is being very forgiving and they more than likely can and will accommodate you. If they won't then the ball is out of her hands and in Disney's. Don't stress,easier said than done, in the end it will work out travel agents don't like bad word of mouth and if you aren't asking for the moon they will get it done.

We have reservation with my parents for cabins at FW next weekend (Sat 16 through Mon 18) for my daughter and I birthdays. We are local here on the West coast of Florida and they are evacuating all mobile homes in some counties. I guess we will have to wait and see. At least we will be back there for Halloween.

Hopefully they get everyone out of those at FW as the storm might move up the middle of the state.

Today was supposed to be our day to enjoy Epcot and the Food and Wine Festival (my first). I'm really bummed and still in a little bit of shock that we cancelled, but I know it was the right choice. To those of you sticking it out, be careful and best of luck! I hope Irma chokes and dies before reaching Florida and bringing misery to anybody else.

FYI: anyone thinking of cancellingwdw and changing to disneyland >> your annual passes at wdw to disneyland bi costal passes > I was just told by disneyland NO I have to go to where I bought them / activated them (wdw) to change them to the bicostal passes. Apparently, the 2 systems do NOT interact with each other even during this time of emergency. They cannot help you. Told them I was trying not to go to orlando during the hurricane ? But, they can't help.
ugh

Was this actually AT Disneyland or over the phone? While it IS true that the two ticketing systems do not interact, you can absolutely upgrade your Walt Disney World AP to the Premier Passport at Disneyland, and vice versa. I would guess it happens at least twice everyday. Disneyland will have to call WDW (specifically, they call Magic Kingdom Guest Relations... but don't ask me how I know that :upsidedow) to get the information for your WDW AP, but once they have that they can upgrade your pass just the same as if you were doing it at WDW.

Someone on the Disney reservation line told you that? Because in case you weren't sure, you can't call Pop, you can only call Disney central reservations. If you've cancelled, you've cancelled. I wouldn't stress over that myself. Disney's site is notorious at being slow, even in the best of circumstances. One thing to try, clear your cookies. Also, check the app. Sign off/close app, open and sign back on. See if either of those cause it to update. I'm certain your cancelled and shame on the awful person who told you that on the phone. I wish there was a way to report these reps that are just so rude and hateful.
Hi I called Disney Reservations to cancel but since I am still seeing it on my Disney Experience app I decided to call Pop just to see if they were showing I was scheduled to check in and was told yes it was and that if we did not show it would be considered a no show on their side and we would incur all charges. I have cleared cookies logged in and out and signed back in several times and am still showing our package. I've called disney reservations since and was told that it is t registering so our account was noted again. Gentlemen said it is so many people canceling or changing and it could be the system is in overload.

Have some secondhand news if it hasn't been mentioned.

While rescheduling my flight with jetblue, customer service told that the information they have says MCO's plan is to remain closed through Monday and attempt to resume operation Tuesday.

When I look at Southwest out of my airport there are no flights into MCO after 5pm Saturday until late in the day Tuesday for one person, Wednesday for two, so Southwest seems to agree with that.

Was this actually AT Disneyland or over the phone? While it IS true that the two ticketing systems do not interact, you can absolutely upgrade your Walt Disney World AP to the Premier Passport at Disneyland, and vice versa. I would guess it happens at least twice everyday. Disneyland will have to call WDW (specifically, they call Magic Kingdom Guest Relations... but don't ask me how I know that :upsidedow) to get the information for your WDW AP, but once they have that they can upgrade your pass just the same as if you were doing it at WDW.

I can't find the original quote to multi-quote here, but this is correct. The DL ticket agents can do this in-person, and yes, it does involve a call to WDW (aka don't try doing this after WDW has already closed for the evening or you will just waste your time, not that I know from experience...). It also may involve multiple CMs and supervisors on the DL side, and a lengthy wait, but it is possible. I was told that they had to call to get the price that was paid for the WDW AP, but I am not sure if that was accurate, or just what the CM told me.

Just got word that my family in Southern Florida have hit the road for the hotel they booked in the North. Glad they finally left and I hope it was in time. I've been reading this thread since the beginning, and I have to say that while I am frustrated that it seems to take so long for all of you to get resolution, I am so impressed by all the stories of positive and helpful CM's on the phones. Good luck to everyone.

So we decided that we want to cancel our trip that starts on the 13th, but my TA basically didn't call today, doesn't really seem like she wants to. What do I do?? She told me I am not going to get a refund since its after the storm, but honestly I am DRIVING in. Gas is hard to come by, I also don't want to sit on the highway with returning traffic all day. I feel like she's not gonna call, and I am screwed here, Disney won't even talk to me about my package.
That's awful. Your TA is not doing her job. And you're right, Disney won't deal with you, only your TA. Sorry, you have the added hassle. No one needs that right now.

Edited to add, send her Disney's Hurricane Policy. Assuming your TA isn't going to add a no cancellation policy above and beyond Disney's current policy. direct link:
Hurricane Policy – Frequently Asked Questions

Q.

What does it mean for my vacation plans if a hurricane warning is issued within 7 days of my arrival date?

A.

If a hurricane warning is issued by the National Hurricane Center for the Orlando area—or for your place of residence—within 7 days of your scheduled arrival date, you may call in advance to reschedule or cancel your Walt Disney Travel Company Magic Your Way vacation package and most room only reservations (booked directly with Disney) without any cancellation or change fees imposed by Disney.

If you have products and services provided by third-party suppliers included in your vacation—such as airlines, hotels, car rental agencies or vacation insurance companies—you will continue to be responsible for any non-refundable payments, as well as cancellation or change fees assessed by those suppliers. The policy does not apply to certain special events or dining experiences.

This is what I would do, call the TA and be firm explain to her/him that you would like to cancel or change dates. If the TA continues to be nonchalant about it explain one last time that you expect expediency and that this is the reason you went with a agent. If nothing gets done speak to a supervisor and explain the situation again. This time explain that if something isn't done ASAP you will file a claim with your bank due to the agents lack of follow through and attitude. Also the fact that you are paying for services they aren't providing. The bank or charge card company will help you they have protections against this. I would also in a non threatening way say that services like yelp,reddit and the various Disney forums are your friend and You have and will continue to post about your experiences. I wish you all the luck in the world and am sure it will work out for you. Remember to be fair but firm, and most of all remain calm throughout the conversations and document everything.
I agree.

Last edited:
I can't cancel it. Since it is booked through a TA, she has to cancel it. Which is why I am clueless. I already cancelled my room only that I had added on. I booked that myself, but shes giving me the run around.

Also - email her. Repeat everything that has happened with her already. When she replies - keep that email. If you charged any part of this trip, that will help you fight any charges with the credit card company. Take screenshots of chat with Disney in which they tell you they are cancelling things without fees. I know they can't cancel for you - but they can state their policy. Then - after this is over and you have time - do your best to get her fired. Then - in the future skip TAs and book yourself. Or use Dreams Unlimited - I kind of had to toss that in there.

Also - despite the stress that you are probably feeling now - at least you are not in Florida or the Carolinas. The money can be straightened out.

I also was supposed to check in today and cancelled. My reservation is still showing up in MDE. I called Sports and was told that all fees are being waved and I would need to call central reservations to have them send me email since I said I cancelled. I had a trip already scheduled for January and had the money paid sent to that reservation which was taken care of. So when I called the second time last night the CM said that the money was transferred and that my reservation for today showed a balance it would automatically cancel itself. So much mis- information from CM's it's frustrating. Just waiting till 7am to call again. I'm sure if the system charges me under the circumstances I will be reimbursed, but what a pain.

Hi I called Disney Reservations to cancel but since I am still seeing it on my Disney Experience app I decided to call Pop just to see if they were showing I was scheduled to check in and was told yes it was and that if we did not show it would be considered a no show on their side and we would incur all charges. I have cleared cookies logged in and out and signed back in several times and am still showing our package. I've called disney reservations since and was told that it is t registering so our account was noted again. Gentlemen said it is so many people canceling or changing and it could be the system is in overload.

I'm sure this has been asked a bunch of times, but I am at work and don't have time to read through all the pages.

I cancelled and rebooked our vacation that was supposed to start Saturday. On MDE, I see that my one night reservation at POP has been removed. The free dining package is still there, which should be gone as well. My new one night at ASM before I go to Saratoga on DVC points is not showing. I did this all last night around 7 pm.

For those who have made changes, how long has it taken to show up? Thanks!

We're going to have to cancel. I watched and waited and I just can't intentionally drive my kids into this.

So far our TA hasn't been able to find availability that meets my needs and budget to get a reschedule going. Trying to keep both a suite and a dining plan was going to add 1700$... She's going to make one more try tomorrow but then we'll have to cancel outright and hope we can rebook soon.

I'm just miserable. You guys get it. It's the right thing but it still sucks.

So sorry, we had to cancel too and last night with the help of Guest services we got a trip rebooked. Took 2 days of calling and a total of 16 hours on hold (I gave up twice, the last was almost 6 hours on hold). We could not get our Free dining back but settled to a room discount and a shorter trip to offset the cost of food. GS was good to us and helped with what they could. But it had to be them as the regular reservations people could not help with ours. We were going to lose money. GS was able to transfer our travel Ins etc to a new booking so that was nice. Availability was very bad, and had to book Late October. That's probably why we couldn't get FD back. There just wasn't many dates available. And we had an open schedule. Good luck to you.

Only person I've heard be able to do it but someone a few pages back kept free dining (if that is what you have) there start date remained within their original booking window is the only reason I see why... just in case there is anyway that could work and if disney would allow. I'm speculating why they got to keep it though.
I think you're right. I'm surprised they could even find a rebooking date so close to theirs. It's pretty tight!

Someone in this thread (maybe the same one) said they had to talk to guest services, as they were the only ones who could do it.
The regular reservations people really couldn't do much for us except cancel our reservation. It pretty much had to be GS to get any help beyond that. And good luck to anyone getting through to them. (That was our experience, and I'm finally ok with us canceling. This is a crazy scary situation and not like Matthew last year when we were there.)

It sounds like many people aren't seeing the cancellations/changes in MDE. The website is pretty bad on a good day. I'm sure it's overwhelmed. I would call. The hold times have been super long. Sorry.

Thanks, I figured as much. I wasn't expecting to see everything adjusted last night, but thought by this morning things would be updated. My MNSSHP was adjusted within minutes! I just want to make sure everything is cancelled so I'll be calling back after work later today.

From the WDW site:
September 8, 2017
New dine reservations for September 10 and 11 are not available at this time as we monitor progress of Hurricane Irma. Effective immediately we will not be enforcing dine reservation cancelation policies so no need to cancel dine reservations through Monday September 11th.

Restaurants are open as normal today. Starting now, we won’t be enforcing the cancellation fee and you don’t need to cancel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter