Hurricane Irma?

I even told them that I read online where others were getting to keep the free dining. I was so nervous as every time I asked in the last few days I was immediately shut down. It was getting to someone in guest services that had the power to do something about it that made the difference for me. He didn't have a problem working it out for me at all.

Glad you were successful!!

Dining is slim pickings, but I will stalk until I arrive!

We just got back this Monday, wow Irma looks big at this time. I hope it all works out for everyone planning trips and for people there during this weekend! Everyone be safe and take care!

If anyone needed a studio room at SSR from 9/10-15 we cancelled our trip.

And since there was not a single solitary week we could move the trip to between now and March, we decided to make up for it by booking a trip to Universal for the first week of November! We were supposed to do the USO trip in May, but now we will attempt to make the SSR trip happen in May and do USO this fall.

Now that we moved the trip to next Thursday makes me wonder if we pushed it out far enough
We are supposed to go on thursday prior to all this > did disney recommend to change till thursday? Just trying to make a decision since I cannot call at this time. We are after the 13th
thanks

Not posted in a few days but we're here in kissemme, got a full shop at Walmart for business as usual but also bought extras just in case (canisters to fill with water etc.) I'm terrified but we couldn't really shift our dates and we weren't getting any warnings from the airline or travel agents. I'm hoping it does veer off so orlando doesn't get battered. I don't even know what to do in this situation tbh, will our windows blow out? Will the roof blow away? As a Brit who's never experienced something like this I could use some advice
Are you staying onsite if so I'm sure the resort should do what necessary, if not listen to local officials. The main thing is bring in any outside furniture it could fly into things and cause damage. I would find a safe space, an interior room ( like a bathroom) with no windows to camp out in during the storm. Good luck.

Wow. I guess sharing what is being reported on national and international news is considered bad on here because it somehow dampens the spirit of Disney? I on the other hand thought sharing what was truly happening was serving our family disboards members. Guess I was mistaken.

No, this is a Disney Theme Park Planning board. I think the point was to share what IS happening to help folks negotiate their trip or other issues in regards to Disney planning.

On here if we wish to discuss things outside of Disney then that belongs on the Community Board. Many posts are not helpful to planning.

The Moderator has tried to keep us on topic and has asked up not to use specific terms. We should respect that on this board.

Wow. I guess sharing what is being reported on national and international news is considered bad on here because it somehow dampens the spirit of Disney? I on the other hand thought sharing what was truly happening was serving our family disboards members. Guess I was mistaken.
Guess so. You are entitled to your opinion, but this is a privately owned forum so they are entirely in their right to tell you what you can and cannot post on it. If you have a problem with that... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

My poor sister. She lives on Tampa Bay.. like she looks out her window onto the bay. She and her boyfriend are set to fly out Saturday morning to New York State. The plan was to take the dogs to the kennel and go to a wedding (prior to Irma). Now she doesn't know what to do. She doesn't want to leave the dogs but her kennel has a very solid building, and is not in a flood zone and the owner is assuring her that they are staying with the animals. Who knows if Tampa will declare a mandatory Evacuation..and who knows if the airport will stay open long enough to get on a Saturday morning flight? She's debating driving but her boyfriend can't come because of his job at the hospital. He has to be there until Friday night. She's conflicted and scared. She's only 25.. I still worry about her.
I want to say to get in her car and go.. but I just don't know. For now the plan is to wait for those Saturday flights.

Ugh. Thanks for listening. :worried:

So sorry for her dilemma :headache:. Hard decisions to make. Made me remember a story from Houston that broke my heart. (My puppy, Goopy, passed away 3 weeks ago and still missing my best friend a lot. :sad1:) The owner of a kennel in Houston also thought she was safe; she was caring for 40+ animals that had been trusted to her care for boarding. Then the flooding started :(; she stayed with the animals but by the time volunteer rescue boats could arrive to help her, she had 3-4 feet of water in the kennel. She stayed with the animals and only left after all of the dogs had been rescued but she had 48 hours of hell. :sad1: :tink:

I just tried to change our reservations to either October or November. The CM (who was very sweet, her name is Flora Rose- pretty!) checked and said there was nothing available at all!
So I asked about a refund and she said there would be a $200 cancellation fee if I did that and that it might work out better in my favor to just keep calling back to try to reschedule. Sooooo frustrated as this is the second year that we have had to push our Disney trip back. Mickey needs me!

No, this is a Disney Theme Park Planning board. I think the point was to share what IS happening to help folks negotiate their trip or other issues in regards to Disney planning.

On here if we wish to discuss things outside of Disney then that belongs on the Community Board. Many posts are not helpful to planning.

The Moderator has tried to keep us on topic and has asked up not to use specific terms. We should respect that on this board.
Ok, fine. Those of us trying to help our fellow travlers are now notified that it isn't welcome. Fair enough.

And why? what are they trying to cover for? This is international and national news. This offers guidance to guests trying to travel to and from Diz. What is trying to be hidden here?

They aren't trying to hide anything. There has not been any damage done to Florida or the Orlando area as yet. The purpose of this thread is to discuss the operational and travel challenges associated with planning to ride out Hurricane Irma, leave prior to the storm or re-schedule trips as a result. Not fear mongering, panic inciting discussions of damage that has not occurred.

They aren't trying to hide anything. There has not been any damage done to Florida or the Orlando area as yet. The purpose of this thread is to discuss the operational and travel challenges associated with planning to ride out Hurricane Irma, leave prior to the storm or re-schedule trips as a result. Not fear mongering, panic inciting discussions of damage that has not occurred.
That would include the state of the roads and airport.

I didn't hear that, maybe people missed it.

I think there was some request from a mod to not post anything that would scare or frighten people. I agree that is going to become increasingly impractical if Irma crosses over Central Florida as a cat 3 or 4 and people on the ground at WDW start posting updates here of what is happening (which in turn might cause people from the press to start coming here and asking said people for details, interviews etc., etc).

Ok, fine. Those of us trying to help our fellow travlers are now notified that it isn't welcome. Fair enough.

People can watch the actual weather reports and newscasts and inform themselves. Your fellow travelers don't need you or anyone else trying to scare them into making a decision.

Seriously, I have to wonder why some people are even posting in this thread (and ONLY this thread since joining). I mean who joins a Disney planning board just to harp on about possible hurricane damage? Do you all have other accounts here you're afraid to post under? Are you actually already there or going there and hoping to have totally empty parks? I mean I don't get it. We aaaaallll have heard you all numerous times. The storm MIGHT be very damaging. It also very well might NOT. Constantly bringing it up helps no one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter