Hurricane Dorian / WDW Theme Parks Discussion

Someone who lives there told me that to be safe don't plan anything until after the end of October. Do we know if there is a record of anything after November 1st?

If I followed advice on when not to go to WDW, then tried to mesh it with times I can go- I'd never go. Don't go in Aug or Sept (worst risk of hurricanes) don't go June and July, ( too hot), no holidays or weeks of holidays (too crowded), avoid May (cheerleaders), any time anyone has spring break... There's always a downside to almost anytime we go so I just go when we can and hope for the best.

Must say it was a great day in MK. We got there just before 10. Did the following:
Buzz
People mover
COP
SM (DD and I 2x) DS 4x. ( one with FP for all)!
Kids did speedway
I and my mom did Winnie poooh
Kids did 7dmt posted time 40 but took15
HM with FP
Splash 2x ( one was a complete walkon)
BTMRR 1x
PPF with FP
Ate at pecos
Top it all off by getting on the carousal excatelynat 3pm

Saw the Mainstreet fireman just standing there with other characters on a relative “empty” mainstreet. And got a selfie with a country bear. They were out and about.

Only down side was they closed the stores also at 3pm.

WDW just released a statement saying they will resume normal operations tomorrow 9/4. So really the closings were minimal with this. Anyone that was able to get there for their vacation didn't miss much and got to enjoy lower crowds.

I’m in Epcot at Tokyo Dining. Sun is out, light breeze. Radar looks clear for a bit. Most of the F&W booths have closed (Japan, Brazil, Ireland, Belgium and Good Eats are open for sure). Test Track is down (I’m assuming for the night. Wait times are low otherwise.
I thought everything closed at 3p today?

I’m in Epcot at Tokyo Dining. Sun is out, light breeze. Radar looks clear for a bit. Most of the F&W booths have closed (Japan, Brazil, Ireland, Belgium and Good Eats are open for sure). Test Track is down (I’m assuming for the night. Wait times are low otherwise.
We just left there an hour ago. Rode test track, frozen & soarin with a combined wait of an hour.
Sitting at the pool at the beach club with a nice warm breeze!! you would never know it’s going to get crappy out soon. DS is open till 8:00, will probably head there soon to grab dinner.

Does anyone know when MCO will open up again?
FAA has posted that MCO will open at 5:00pm Sept 4.
Our early morning flight in tomorrow still had said on time but when called JetBlue they said what FAA released and that most likely the morning flight will be canceled.She says it’s hard to say a definite bc so much has changed over the course of this storm but she said very unlikely FAA will reverse so we changed to evening flight and just hoping that all works

I'm scheduled to arrive Friday from the West Coast and hoping my flight isn't affected. SHOULD be fine, but with all this craziness I am a tad nervous.

Did Epcot today, lots of walk-ons, Soarin was a 10 minute wait for the majority of the day. Some rain here and there like yesterday but we managed to avoid it by doing rides. Hoping tomorrow will be okay.

I'm not worried about fast passes or flight schedules. We have been and are living (or hopefully have lived) through this. A dark ride attraction with wait times has infinitesimal meaning to me right now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter