• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Hurricane Dorian / WDW Theme Parks Discussion

I work for an airline and have contacts at MCO. They will most likely release a 9pm statement concerning if tomorrow’s 5pm stays or gets pushed back/ahead. So keep checking flight statuses!! And MCO’s twitter has the latest

Greetings from Coronado Springs. Resort is actually so much fun. Kinda nice to have a forced break from the parks and actually relax and enjoy this great resort. Light breeze is no picking up a bit and perfect weather temp wise. Pool still open as of 7:30pm

Attachments

• 837DE4E3-0824-4465-A1A7-849636AF405D.jpeg
    837DE4E3-0824-4465-A1A7-849636AF405D.jpeg
    66.8 KB · Views: 72

I work for an airline and have contacts at MCO. They will most likely release a 9pm statement concerning if tomorrow’s 5pm stays or gets pushed back/ahead. So keep checking flight statuses!! And MCO’s twitter has the latest

Thanks for the heads up. I hope you are right. I have an itchy trigger finger to move my flight back to Wednesday after having already moved it to Thursday.

As long as yall realize it's still hurricane season. You won't be clear of worry
We had our trip with Matthew in October. I think Irma was then too

Yes, end of September is definitely still hurricane season. For the person who moved their trip to the end of Sept, here is a chart showing just how deep into hurricane season end of Sept is. Looks like 60 storms over the last 100 years during that time. Odds are still high-ish.

(We are going then and are OK with hurricane risk.)

Attachments

• hurricane.png
    hurricane.png
    152.6 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:
lives there told me that to be safe don't plan anything until after the end of October. Do we know if there is a record of anything after November 1st?

Yes, there have been some after Nov 1, but only like 10-20 in the last 100 years. See chart. If you really want to be in the clear, wait till after Dec 1.

Attachments

• hurricane.png
    hurricane.png
    152.6 KB · Views: 19
Almost 10pm, rain just recently started in earnest. Lots of people with dogs. People swam until the pools closed. WL had a dog show, bingo, Chip n Dale, hula hoops. Adult beverages. We are at the VWL, and there were CMs playing games, watching movies with kids. Others relaxing in the small lobby. No change at all in regular opening times tomorrow, including extra hours. Forecast shows rain off and on. It feels more crowded today than it was yesterday. Everyone has been very good. The Halloween Party was a blast. For those of you going another time, be sure to watch the various animatronic pirates closely! From everything here on the ground, it looks like any big danger has past in Orlando, thank goodness. Safe travels.

Michelle

Nothing so far...

I was told what I was told. Some late eveming flights have planned delays. Check your airlines.

Not sure how WDW is going to open when the thing is pounding them right now. Wouldn't be surprised with a delayed start

Not sure how WDW is going to open when the thing is pounding them right now. Wouldn't be surprised with a delayed start

It's just rain and a little wind and there's several hours to go before opening at any park. I'm not on the ground there but when you look at todays forecast and current condtions, it's nothing that would delay closing. It might not be the most pleasant weather in the parks today, but nothing that would stop them from having the parks open.

It's just rain and a little wind and there's several hours to go before opening at any park. I'm not on the ground there but when you look at todays forecast and current condtions, it's nothing that would delay closing. It might not be the most pleasant weather in the parks today, but nothing that would stop them from having the parks open.
Oh ok. TWC was saying they were getting tropical storm force winds.

Oh ok. TWC was saying they were getting tropical storm force winds.

It is odd, I saw that too, but I was reading in another forum and there were several posts from people actually at the resorts taking their pets out this morning early and they reported just a chilly rain with not much wind.

The hourly forecast for Orlando for today isn't really that bad (as posted on the weather channel site). By This evening just cloudy and then Friday and this weekend it will be pretty nice with the typical Florida weather. Always count on a shower or two though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter