• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Hurricane Dorian / WDW Theme Parks Discussion

Just rain here in Orlando, actually yesterday was a really nicer day and if it wasn't for the osceola county curfew I'm sure Disney would've stayed open. It looks like rain until midday and that's it

Disney has it listed in their app and website the MK and AK opening at 8:00am and HS opening at 9:00am this morning. But the app is currently showing rides with wait times for these parks right now at 7:00am this morning. Did they decide to open early just not post it? :confused3

Update: HS and AK wait times have disappeared but MK times still showing at 7:15am.

Disney has it listed in their app and website the MK and AK opening at 8:00am and HS opening at 9:00am this morning. But the app is currently showing rides with wait times for these parks right now at 7:00am this morning. Did they decide to open early just not post it? :confused3
I just posted this over on the Star Wars page I believe, and I'm super curious as well. I'm wondering if they went ahead and did their 6:00 a.m. EEMH, because it had wait times before 7:00 a.m.

Here now at the Dolphin. The wind gusts have picked up and the rain has slowed to a drizzle. No delayed openings, as of yet. The FS boats were not running yesterday-we’ll see what today brings.

Update: HS and AK wait times have disappeared but MK times still showing at 7:15am.
I just posted this over on the Star Wars page I believe, and I'm super curious as well. I'm wondering if they went ahead and did their 6:00 a.m. EEMH, because it had wait times before 7:00 a.m.
I can find out for sure if dhs opened early. My DD goes into work ar 10am so she'll ask.

So my Flight tomorrow has a gate leaving Chicago (I have connecting flight) It never had one before. So MCO Injust need your official reopening because the airlines are telling people they are ago. MCO are telling people to contact their airlines about the reopening. It is such a circle.

Also what is funny right now. The weather is worse here this morning than it was in Orlando. I live in Canada.

6am flight tomorrow over here. I got my check in email this morning but not sure if those are just automated. No changes to the flight as of now so just also eagerly watching to see when MCO opens.

6am flight tomorrow over here. I got my check in email this morning but not sure if those are just automated. No changes to the flight as of now so just also eagerly watching to see when MCO opens.

You'll be fine at 6am tomorrow. The airport will definitely open again this evening. Virgin Atlantic already announced that MCO told them it's reopening today.

Think their approach is to leave it to airlines as there are still a lot of cancellations... they don't want thousands of travellers rocking up when flights have been cancelled. People will assume MCO open = flight operating but in reality it doesn't work like that.

Co workers just told my DD, DHS opened at 8am today

I have not ventured out of Gran Destino yet but my room overlooks the front. There isn’t so much as a leaf on the ground so we definitely aren’t having tropical storm force winds. My accuweather app says winds are sustained at 15mph for Bay Lake and that looks about right based on the palm trees I can see. It appears to be down to just a drizzle since the center of the storm is already north of here (about 90 miles off the shore).

We’re headed to AK and DHS later today. Fingers crossed for official news from MCO for everyone flying soon. I know how frustrating their lack of communication is. We are scheduled to fly out late tomorrow.

I have been refreshing FAA and MCO websites periodically and FAA just updated the MCO closure ends Set 4 at 12 pm!
Finally some positive news, now if MCO will just acknowledge that on their site or twitter I may actually feel confident our flight tonight will happen.

Yep, just saw that

"Due to HURRICANE DORIAN EXC EMERG ACFT AND MIL OPS 4 HR PPR, the Orlando International Airport (MCO) was closed as of Sep 03 at 01:37 PM EDT. The date/time when the airport is expected to reopen is Sep 04 at 12:00 PM EDT."

https://www.fly.faa.gov/flyfaa/flyfaaindex.jsp?ARPT=MCO&p=0

EDntx4_X4AEznp8

I have been refreshing FAA and MCO websites periodically and FAA just updated the MCO closure ends Set 4 at 12 pm!
Finally some positive news, now if MCO will just acknowledge that on their site or twitter I may actually feel confident our flight tonight will happen.

It's on MCO's Twitter now.

SO jealous of you all who get to go and get to experience the low crowds. We could only fly in yesterday or today and of course, switched the trip to the end of September on Monday. Bye-bye FOP FP and BOG dinner :(

Since the threat of Dorian to the WDW area has largely passed and it is no longer directly impacting theme park plans and strategies (other than lingering travel delays), moving the thread to the Theme Parks Community sub-forum.

Thanks to everyone for following along and providing updates on your WDW plans and park experiences.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter