• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Hurricane at Disney over Columbus Day Weekend?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fort Wilderness has been ordered evacuated.

If there is a park closure, currently the most likely time is Thursday afternoon or Friday.

Fort Wilderness has been ordered evacuated.

If there is a park closure, currently the most likely time is Thursday afternoon or Friday.

What happens to guests who are staying at Fort Wilderness? Does Disney put them in another Resort or are they on their own to figure out where to go (It doesn't affect me at all, I'm just curious)

Disney will put them up in the resorts. Campground will close by 2PM tomorrow, according to WDW News Today.

Yes, that s is true as I've found out. I asked a Guest Realtions Cast Member about MNSSHP being a "washout"!or cancellation Thursday and they told me that our MNSSHP tics would automatically be turned into 1 Day Park Hoppers good for up to one year. If we wanted to try for Friday's Party we would have to go to Guest Relations and request that instead. Depending on weather we may just extend our stay and go to the parks Saturday during to good weather.

That would only be a good compensation if you'd be allowed to bridge that 1-day hopper to something longer for a future stay. If you're using it as an extra day on a current stay, not so much. I'd either ask for another Party night, or a refund, in that case.

Ok advise needed...we are set to drive down Friday and to arrive around 3ish. We can delay our starting time or wait until Saturday. What do you think?

MAX_WEB_TROP_ATL14_swath_1280x720.jpg

I was there for Charley...direct hit. The vast majority of hurricanes miss Orlando.
I arrived about 6hrs before Charley did. Basically that day was the only day impacted. We never lost power. The parks shut down by 3. CMs did an incredible job keeping guests safe. Many people from Tampa drove over to avoid the storm! Sadly, WDW was tight in the path, changed from Tampa!
I never felt unsafe at WDW. Most of the parks opened the next day.
Charley was not a direct hit in Orlando. Only coastal areas get direct hits. The further inland you are, the more the storm weakens. Charley hit the SW coast of FL as a direct hit. The eye came in off shore 15 miles from my house as a category 4. It was a category 2 by the time it hit Orlando. I live in Cape Coral and it came in head on in Punta Gorda. Inland is never a direct hit. While you may get hit, it will never be head on direct, and count your blessings for that. :(

What happens to guests who are staying at Fort Wilderness? Does Disney put them in another Resort or are they on their own to figure out where to go (It doesn't affect me at all, I'm just curious)
The Hurricane Update Thread has all current info regarding FW and ticket refunds: Hurricane Matthew Update Thread

Closing this thread as it's beginning to duplicate what's being discussed in the linked thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter