• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How would you handle this...

I'd go to the car wash on the way home and just forget about it. Why stress over something that has nothing to do with me? I can't fix everyone else's bad manners and poor parenting.

I'd go to the car wash on the way home and just forget about it. Why stress over something that has nothing to do with me? I can't fix everyone else's bad manners and poor parenting.

Well, if you had to stop at the car wash on your way home because someone peed on your car, I would very much say does have something to do with you because you have now been inconvenienced.

I agree about not being able to fix everyone's bad manners and poor parenting, but I do not think people need to just accept disgusting behavior and move on. The people who have the bad manners should be the ones made to feel bad and be inconvenienced, not everyone else.

I have an autistic kid. With that said, something like this being brushed off as part of that is offensive. Parents that do that give the rest of us a bad name.

I think people are more than understanding most of the time to special needs kids and their quirks - flapping, noises, moaning, whatever. Peeing on a car or exposing yourself in public is NOT something anyone should have to look the other way about. WTH?

And yes, if your kid can not go into public without running away and peeing on someone's car or going outside to pee where anyone can look left and see them, then they shouldn't be brought to places where those things could occur.

So someone's child urinating on my car is not my business?! I haven't responded to many of the replies but in this case I'm supposed to sit and ignore a kid peeing on my car because it's none of my business?! No I can't fix her parenting but I can point out her kid is in the parking lot peeing on my car. I think most people with connected brain cells would get off their behind and get their kid but this special mommy made an excuse. I wasn't the first and won't be the last something like this happens to with her poor parenting.

You might be able to do that and I'll respect your opinion, but my view my car, kid peeing on my business!

Last edited:

I have an autistic kid. With that said, something like this being brushed off as part of that is offensive. Parents that do that give the rest of us a bad name.

I think people are more than understanding most of the time to special needs kids and their quirks - flapping, noises, moaning, whatever. Peeing on a car or exposing yourself in public is NOT something anyone should have to look the other way about. WTH?

And yes, if your kid can not go into public without running away and peeing on someone's car or going outside to pee where anyone can look left and see them, then they shouldn't be brought to places where those things could occur.

I agree. And if my previous post led you to think I wouldn't have any empathy for special needs kids and their quirks, not true. I'd give you extra space in a line if that helped, I'd let you move ahead of me in a line if I knew it would help a kid. I'm not going to sit back and allow a kid to pee on my car without comment, nor would I be happy to find some kid using a store, a resort, my yard, etc. as a restroom with a parent observing and doing nothing to stop it. That's way over the line.

I agree. And if my previous post led you to think I wouldn't have any empathy for special needs kids and their quirks, not true. I'd give you extra space in a line if that helped, I'd let you move ahead of me in a line if I knew it would help a kid. I'm not going to sit back and allow a kid to pee on my car without comment, nor would I be happy to find some kid using a store, a resort, my yard, etc. as a restroom with a parent observing and doing nothing to stop it. That's way over the line.

No, your post didn't make me think anything like that at all.

I agree about not being able to fix everyone's bad manners and poor parenting, but I do not think people need to just accept disgusting behavior and move on. The people who have the bad manners should be the ones made to feel bad and be inconvenienced, not everyone else.

The problem with this mindset is that people with bad manners rarely feel bad about it. Pointing it out to them is usually not worth doing because either they don't care or they become even more beligerant.

So someone's child urinating on my car is not my business?! I haven't responded to many of the replies but in this case I'm supposed to sit and ignore a kid peeing on my car because it's none of my business?! No I can't fix her parenting but I can point out her kid is in the parking lot peeing on my car. I think most people with connected brain cells would get off their behind and get their kid but this special mommy made an excuse. I wasn't the first and won't be the last something like this happens to with her poor parenting.

You might be able to do that and I'll respect your opinion, but my view my car, kid peeing on my business!

No, my point is that for me, this would not be something worth having a confrontation over. People who routinely act the way the mother was described as in the original post are probably not going to respond well to having someone comment about their child's behavior.

No, my point is that for me, this would not be something worth having a confrontation over. People who routinely act the way the mother was described as in the original post are probably not going to respond well to having someone comment about their child's behavior.

I don't consider saying your child is peeing on my car and an employee saying your child is going out to the parking lot a confrontation but we all see things differently. A confrontation IMHO would have been me telling her to get off her behind (but I wouldn't have used that word ) and take care of her child.

How would I handle it? I would have made a stink and the mother would have given me money for a car wash or I would have called the police.

That is inappropriate and unsanitary.

My guess form the mother's reaction is that she knew exactly what he was going to do and that this isn't the 1st time he has done it. No mother calmly watches her 7ish year old child, special needs or not, walk out of a store and into a parking lot. Is there anyone here that just allows their child to walk out of a store?

Secondly her response of "He's a boy" "He has autism" tells me that this is not a new behavior and it's a behavior she has excused in the past.

How would I handle it? I would have made a stink and the mother would have given me money for a car wash or I would have called the police.

That is inappropriate and unsanitary.

My guess form the mother's reaction is that she knew exactly what he was going to do and that this isn't the 1st time he has done it. No mother calmly watches her 7ish year old child, special needs or not, walk out of a store and into a parking lot. Is there anyone here that just allows their child to walk out of a store?

Secondly her response of "He's a boy" "He has autism" tells me that this is not a new behavior and it's a behavior she has excused in the past.
And will continue to excuse in the future. Which doesn't bode well for his future.

LOl, okay. Why is it you are on this thread anyway? Not sure what YOU want here.
I'd already answered in full. Then a poster decided to quote a few words of my post. So I replied, as I usually do.

Then you felt the need to jump in and quote. As ever, I replied to you as well.

Is there anything else I need to explain to you or can we leave it here?

I'd already answered in full. Then a poster decided to quote a few words of my post. So I replied, as I usually do.

Then you felt the need to jump in and quote. As ever, I replied to you as well.

Is there anything else I need to explain to you or can we leave it here?

Whatever you say.

Some kid pees on my car and mom does nothing? Cue the music.

I'd be lenient towards an autistic kid, but that leniency wouldn't transfer to a bad parent. A good parent would apologize, offer to pay for a car wash and go get the kid. A bad parent says he's autistic, does absolutely nothing to stop their kid and does absolutely nothing to make restitution. Yeah. You darn well bet that was a bad parent and it's not being prejudiced against those with disabilities to say so. I'd tell her to go clean it or pay for a car wash.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter