• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How to make $3600 on your disney vacation! WE DID!! NEW 9/3*The Epilogue, DONE* p. 54

Thanks Pony.

For all your blood sweat and tears.

Here.

I, like many many other Disers... couldn't get enough of it.

I loved reading it. Seeing Disney through YOUR eyes.

Eyes so wise. And kind. And loving.

You are THE BOMB.

And, I wish mine were more like yours. TFI.

John Mark Karr confesses to reading it all in one sitting.

And... STILL liking Pina Coladas!

Cheers, my friend, Mel.

:moped:

horsegirl said:
This was perhaps the biggest surprise of all, making pals here on this little board. It has been an unexpected and wonderful bonus that I never anticipated when I began my first installment last March….And so blame them, for the fact that I will be traveling to Disney once more, in September, just one month after this trip I returned from a mere five days ago. Okay, you do not have to blame them for my going, that is my responsibility, but for tempting me. I just have to meet all the special personalities I have become so fond of while being here. Friendship. It is a really important part of life. Some people have difficulty qualifying online friendships as real. I am not one of those. I have formed close ties and relationships with a large group of people. They have made me laugh, cry, been there for support and significantly improved the quality of my life. They have taught me new lessons, which for an old hen like me is a great thing.

Awww, Horsey, baby, right back atcha. I hope you know that YOU have so improved the quality of our lives, too. It is such an amazing thing, what has come about over the past 6 months or so. A situation which so many of us could never have imagined. BUT, it has been so much fun. And will continue to be so.

And you, my dear, have played such a big part in this wonderful adventure. Among other things, the magic of this TR, so lovingly written, that allowed us to travel with you and your family to our happiest place on earth. The helpful hints on earning free airline credits (which benefitted me personally)! Your phenomenally descriptive language, that pulled us all in. Your description of that 1st ride with Sky on EE that will forever stand as one of the best written pieces of WDW excitement EVER. The wonderful pictures of your family, and the adorable faces of your three little treasures. Even the pursed lips of Grammy J, which you managed to share with us in such a diplomatic and respectful way. You are such a special gift to all of us. Thank you for allowing us to share in this wonderful story, and for venturing to continue to do so for this most recent magical trip. Disney World will never be the same for me. Reminders of DIS friends will abound. And you, my dear, will be at the top of that list!!!!

I can't wait to share it all with you in person in just a few weeks!!!! :banana:

Hi Horsegirl,

I have been lurking on your thread all these past months and have truly enjoyed reading about your wonderful family adventures. Thank you for sharing yourself and your family. Thank you for making my lunch time much more enjoyable. Be well, all the best to you and yours. Looking forward to your next adventure

-CZ

P.S. now if you could just get a few more of your friends on this board, and you know who you are, to get a move on their TR’s.

HorseyBabe! YOU ROCK! I have just finished your last few chapters and epilogue . . . and you must be the long lost daughter I never had, I can tell you.
*I relate to the pursed lips - oh god, i'm in trouble now - only it was my fil (and n ow, as he ages, my husband. can I throw him back?)
*Lost wallet? Oh yeah, babe. And keys and shoes and important papers . . . Ritalin has helped - a lot - when I remember to take it. lol
You have a way with words - that epilogue moved me to tears - This has been a wonderful wonderful trip and I thank you for letting us take it with you.

I'm so GLAD you got the $3600 (Not because you deserve it - although you do) but selfishly because it means you can travel again and then write trip reports for US! Please put me on the list for the hawaii report, too. :-)

Thank you thank you thank you thank you - for all that you do and this trip report, too!

{{{{HUGS, HorseyBabe}}}}

Horseygirl
I am back from my trip and have found the time between loads of laundry to read your last couple installments and the epilogue.

I was so relieved when you found your wallet! It is wonderful to read that there are honest people left in the world. I am always worried I will lose my wallet or purse. DH gave me a wonderful wallet from Brighten and low and behold it had a wonderful little strap on it. I wore it over my shoulder the whole trip and was confident to look down and see it. I highly recommend it.

Your writing is wonderful. I was astonished to read about your little boy dropping trow at the water park. My little guy is still in diapers and I am wondering what he will be like to potty train. I am giving him lots of time though.

Your children are blessed to have you as a mother since you seem to be very patient.

Looking forward to reading your report about the Contemporary trip. We ate at Chef Mickey's on Tuesday morning and admired that hotel and the monorail. :surfweb: I hope I can find some time and write about our trip it was a doozy.

Horsey....

Most excellent TR!

Thanks for sharing!

Loved, loved, loved the ending.

See you at the Hippy Dippy!!!

:banana:

Horsegirl,

Once again you have done that amazing thing you do , ( you know where you touch our souls with your writing and your understanding and willingness to make us all feel human) I am so glad you finished your trip report but sad that it is over. The new report I am sure will be as good if not better. Keep up the great work. My family ( well 13 of us) will be in Disney from 9/27-10/06 hope to catch a glimpse of you :cheer2:

All I have to say is wow! Thank you for bringing all of us along on your wonderful trip with your family. I head to the world myself for the second time this year for my honeymoon and can only hope I'll have my own memories of trips with kids someday in the future. I was one of three kids also and I know my parents had a rough time of it but we too had our own Grammy B to help us out. :-)

Just had to say how much I have loved reading your trippie. How wonderful it has been to join your adorable family in WDW. Thanks for taking us along!

I am so glad you wrote it, and that we all found each other.

See ya at the Hippy Dippy pool!

Love ya

HaleyB said:
Just had to say how much I have loved reading your trippie. How wonderful it has been to join your adorable family in WDW. Thanks for taking us along!

I am so glad you wrote it, and that we all found each other.

See ya at the Hippy Dippy pool!

Love ya

Hi Haley!!!!

5-23-06029.jpg

Tell me all about it.

Ok...I'm one of those people that never read TR's until they're finished. I read the first installment to see if it catches my interest. (I do the same thing in bookstores...you know, read the first few pages? My DH makes fun of me...says why not just buy the book and read it at home? Well, I gotta know if I'll like it...KWIM? You all do it too...I know it.) And then I print the whole thing out and read them in bed (I'm lazy that way.) And thanks to you and Happyhaunt and Zzub and quite a few others, I'm beginning to think I need to buy stock in the paper company as many sheets as it takes to print these eternal things. Or plant a few trees...except they would die...cause I once killed a cactus...and I thought that was impossible.

BUT...I read your first installment back in...when was it...1997? Or was it March? Anyway it got me hooked and I was waiting for you to finish. I just want to tell you right now...even before I read it...I LOVE IT! :thumbsup2

Now, gotta go buy some of that paper...

Thanks Horsegirl!!! :Pinkbounc

Horseygirl! I haven't been on this board in a while - lots of drama in my life recently ... but, i thought about you and your trip report the other day, so I just had to get back on here and find it! What a wonderful ending - and the epilogue ... made my heart smile! :) THANK YOU for sharing your report ... i will watch for your next one! There WILL be a "next" one, right? Love you girlie!!!

HOLY CARP HORSEY! Becasue I have a horrible memory and can't remember where I left off in reading this, I decided to print it out...just your chapters...so I can read it during lunch.

YOU NOW OWE ME A TONER CARTRIDGE!!! AND A REAM OF PAPER!!! The stack is an inch thick! I kid you not! I have not counted the pages for fear I'll get a paper cut!

And how did I NOT know that you and I were at Disney THE SAME WEEK???

I started reading this so long ago and even exchanged a pm with you once upon a time. I sat down today during a little down time at work and decided I had to finish this. I loved reading about you and your family, not to mention your DIS trip.

Thank you for sharing with us and for getting me more in the spirit for my trip. I really enjoyed reading.

Somehow I fell behind in my reading. I have finally finished your report and loved it. I could picture pretty much everything you wrote - you do indeed have a talent. I found myself making a face at the "pursed lips" and "advice" about loud noises...and what parent can't relate to the dropped trow in some way shape or form. ok except maybe the one you saw there...perhaps the view from her perch is very nice. :rolleyes:
Can't wait to read the next one.

I just wanted to pop in and let you know how much I appreciated this TR. August/September is a rough time at work for me, and I haven't been to the DIS as much as I would like. Today, though, I sat down and read (and, for the most part, re-read) your TR.

You know how it is after you read a particularly good book? You're content, like you imagine a cat is after a long afternoon nap in the sun. But you're also a little sad, like you've said goodbye to a good friend. Even though you can reread the book, that first time was extra-special. That's how it felt reading your TR. Thank you.

(The good news is, there's so many wonderful TRs out there right now! I'm rationing them to get me through this busy season.)

I *finally* finished! Thank you so much for sharing- you have a great family. I loved reading about your adventures and it's nice to know our kids aren't the only ones who are "zealous" about WDW. I don't get to DIS as much as I'd like but I'm going to have to check back to see if you do another report for your latest trip. :) You're like, my new favorite author :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter