How much is your 2016 Disney vacation going to cost you?

January trip, 2 adults (anniversary)
2 nights at Universal resort $600
3 day tickets to Universal $400
6 Nights at Yacht Club $2000
Annual Passes x2 $1350
Flights purchased with points
Estimate for food/souvenirs (we have a ton of table service meals scheduled)
$1500

Total: $5800

October trip- 2A, 2C, 1 infant
7 nights at the Polynesian- $4400 currently now but hoping for passholder discount (I estimate we will save $900 if there is a discount)
7 day Tickets for 2 children: $750
Flights: hopefully we will have enough points to cover 3 of the 5 tickets so hopefully flights will be around $600.
Food: $1500- we won't have as many sit down meals as our last trip so I estimate the cost for 5 will be about the same as our January trip.

So right now it's looking like $7200 hoping to get it down to $6000ish.

We have one trip planned, but we will probably go for the weekend for MNSSHP and MVMCS. So far:

11/21 to 11/25 (we love Thanksgiving there, since we have no family around)
AKL Savanna View through DVC rental 4 nights $980
Tickets probably $700 for 4 days PH
Food should be about $400
We live 2 hours away so driving is not really a cost.
Total: $2080

We have one planned for sure May 21-June 2.
2 Adults, 2 disney adults, 1 child and 1 infant
May 21 - May 31 POR (roughly $1900)
May 31 - June 2 CBR (roughly $330)
Airfare - haven't bought tickets yet, but have $300 credit on united (roughly $1200)
Food/snacks - $1800 (some TS, some QS, snacks etc from home).
Tickets - Probably around $2250 if I only buy myself an AP; about $4000 if I buy AP for everyone in the family (except baby).

Total: $7500 (with only one AP purchase) or 9200+ if I buy everyone APs :scared:

We have a trip planned for March 2017 so really debating that AP, but can't bring myself to pull the trigger on it!

Trip #1 - June 2016 - 7 nights at Boardwalk
Lodging - none DVC - points
tickets - none, -AP from last year
food -DDP $400 - using Rewards Visa
airfare - $750 - 1 free ticket
Universal? - $650
Total: $1800

Trip #2 - Dec. 2016 - 6 nights at WLV
Lodging - non, except DVC MFs
Tickets - $1200
Food - $1000
Airfare - $750 - 1 free ticket
Total = $2950

8 nights at akl 2 bedroom villa rented points = 4,000
8 round trip tickets bos to mco = 3,000
Park hoppers for 7 = 3,000
Food/ souvenirs = 3,000

Grand total = 13,000

10 nights September 2016
Grand Floridian 2 bedroom villa - DVC points - dues and cost of points broken down- $4166

7 round trip tickets - free with Citi Thank You Points

Car Rental - approx $700

Tickets - free - using cash back from Citi Double Cash (would have been $2076)

Food: approx $250 grocery delivery and then $150 TIW card and I am budgeting $2500 for dining - we do a lot of character meals! Hopefully I will have more cash back to use.

-$150 Disney Dollars

Estimated total: $7616

Two weeks 2 adults 1 Disney adult and 1 kid
Universal cabana bay suite for 8 nights pool view 1550.00
4 day park to park tickets free (Christmas gift)
Polyenisan for 7 nights 1,610.00
3 days 1 WP pass 200.00 (part of another gift)

Waiting on SW to release air
I'm going to start picking up a GC's every month to help pay for food.
We plan to do
Ohana's breakfest
CP dinner or breakfest
1900 park fair dinner or Arkshurus breakfest
DH and I are hoping to do the villian's social at HS we may skip HS and do AK if we do we will probably do Tuskers for lunch
T-Rex or rainforest neither my favorite but my girls love it.

Just got the summer QS meal offer applied to my reservation (have to say that was a very pleasant surprise -- checked my e-mail at 7:05 this morning and there was the message and confirmation from my TA that she applied the discount already.). That should save us at least $600 on food.

Family of 6 (all Disney Adults) traveling in June.

7 nights in a Nemo Suite @ AoA plus 7-day parkhopper tickets: $5670
Rough estimate for meals and snacks: $2,100 (breakfast in the room; buy water in the parks; eat at mostly QS locations but do have a dinner booked at CRT). Reduced to ~1500 thanks to the summer meal offer.
Illuminations cruise: ~$425 with tip
Souvenirs: ~$500
Travel: ~$500 (gas and 2 hotel nights)

Total cost: $9195 Revised to $8595

$8827.92 for 7 nights in a theme park view at the Poly, arriving 11/26, with regular dining plan and 4 day park hoppers. We're driving, so by the time we factor in gas, hotels on way down and back, mousekeeping and dining tips, souvenirs, etc, we'll probably be right at 11k.

June 8-13th- Just under $2,000 for my husband and I, 8 year old son, and 5 year old daughter. 5 nights at the Pop Century with 5 day (non-hopper) ticket. We will be combining this with a side trip up to Amelia Island for a couple of days before returning home to Texas. Airfare between HOU and MCO was around $560 TOTAL for all of us.
We didn't opt for a dining plan, mostly because my kids eat like birds, and I don't think we would get our money's worth.
This is our first trip to WDW (we are Disneyland veterans) and I didn't want to go all out, as this will be more of a "getting acquainted" trip. I went a couple of times (18 years ago!) before I had kids. I've only been to the Animal Kingdom when it was brand new, and the Magic Kingdom. I've been to the original Disneyland at least 50 times, so WDW is kind of scary to me!

about $1,600 leaving on thursday night… driving down.
6 days in the park
5 nights at ASMu
with the dining plan.
2 adults one 2 year old…
we almost feel like we are going for free.

Wow! You win! No doubt enjoyable and likely you're very grateful to be able to enjoy the time with your family.:rainbow:

guess winning is subjective term. :duck: Not one to question how a person spends their disposable income, however, unless I inherited big bucks or won the lottery wouldn't be able to sleep knowing i spent nearly $100K on travel in one year.

OP - if nothing else, this thread is an interesting illustration of how much/little people can spend to achieve a disney vacation. Makes me sad when people are under the assumption you have to go over-the-top to have a good time and feel excluded. Hopefully, people on the fence will get inspiration here as how they can get a trip to work within their budget!

Probably $0 this year unless we can pull something together.

This will be the first time in 25 years or so that I won't visit a Disney park sometime during the year.

But with teens who can't miss school, our house getting ready to sell, and then the upcoming move, I just don't know when we would have the time.

My two teens (one at community college and one in high school) have different breaks. DH isn't a huge Disney person.

Sad realization for this year.

4 More days till Feb 2016 Trip with the best friend!!!
We've been pass holders at disneyland for the past 11 years, but this is our first ever visit to WDW! :mickeyjum

2 Adults - But we split the shared cost out evenly, so this is what I am personally paying for my share (1 Adult)
1 Round trip ticket from LA - $286
6 Nights at POP - $350
5 Day Single park Ticket - $345
Food ~ $250
Misc./Souvenirs ~ $200
= $1,431
- $145 in gifted disney gift cards
- $55 in savings using my Target red debit card to purchase gift cards to completely cover the above costs

Grand total in cash spent = $1,231

2 adults, 2 kids
Round trip flights from Chicago Midway: $1,007
AOA 6 nights, QS dining package, 5 day hopper passes: $3,906
Memory Maker: $149
Garden Grocer and other miscellaneous (tips, etc.): about $150

= $5,212. We were given $150 in GCs for Christmas so hopefully that will help with souvenirs and such so that we don't end up spending too much more.

Taking my niece in June.
5 nights AoA in a Cars suite, $1500
2 4-day hopper tickets (military), $400
2 Cirque tickets, $210
Gas, $115
Nieces fun money, $200
Food (5 character meals and LOTS of drinks for me), $900
$3325

August/September 2016 Trip - 2 adults, 1 infant
7 Nights at Beach Club w/ 7 day park hopper tickets - $2,269
Airfare - $876
Food & Other Expenses - $1,000 estimated

Total - $4,145

Around 20,000 by the time I am done.

I just booked rooms only and that was 12,246. (9 night, GF, 2 rooms).

Add in DDP, 10 days of tickets, and flights...

2 Adults 1 Teen
7 Nights standard room at Beach Club, 6-Day Hoppers - $3105
Airfare - $712
Food/Drinks/Tips/Stuff - $1500 (probably a little high)
Limo to and from O'hare - $175

Total - $5492

9/18/16 - 9/23/16 : 2 adults, a 12y/o and a 8 y/o
5 nights with 5 day base tickets, plus bonus H2O tix = $2819 for Poly Standard View

Driving there (still working on gas $ numbers, possible overnight accommodations vs. crashing at friends house)
Only planning on maybe 2 TS meals, the rest will be QS, snacks, food we'll have in the room (PBnJ's, etc etc)
MNSSHP hopefully as well $275-$300

We'll be giving the kids their own Disney Cards to spend on treats, food, merchandise, whatever...it will be their responsibility to make it last the whole trip, when it's gone it's gone! Still debating with hubby on reasonable amount for each.

We will be revealing the news on Easter, which gives me a few days before the ADR's open up, so I can gage what each kid wants. Maybe a choice for each of them. They may not be interested in the Halloween Party, so that is a maybe as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter