How much is your 2016 Disney vacation going to cost you?

moesy4

Mouseketeer
I hope this is ok to start and not a special admin thread or anything. :) But I enjoyed the one so much from last year I thought I would start one for next year!
If you got some sort of special deal or discount that would benefit others and is allowed to be shared on these boards, please do!

I like to spread out the cost by paying different components at different times.

I made our 2016 room only reservations right at the 499 day mark for POR. Will pay more towards that when I get my tax refund early in 2016. Will also keep my eye out for later discounts that I can apply to cost.

Before an earlier price increase I bought my tickets from UT so they were paid for years ago. Investigating cost between flying and renting a car or taking the auto train with my own car.

Don't care about any dining plan so cost OOP is the biggest unknown right now but know we will stop at a market on our way in to get some food supplies (and water bottles) for our room. Only anticipate TS meals at Trails End and maybe LTT.

Don't spend much on souvenirs but will get a Christmas figure or ornament probably. (going late November through first week of December)

Will have Disney VISA reward dollars too.

DD and I will have at least two 2016 trips. We upgraded our tickets in August to AP's (Pop with free QS dining - loved it!). So trip #1 is March 24 - 26 at Pop for $200 and change (using some Orbucks and a discount) then moving to AKL Kidani where we got a one bedroom villa from an owner (March 26 to April 2) for $2,000 total (Disney was charging well over double this). Easter. Break. Madness. Disney is charging more than I'd pay ever.
My DH is coming along on that Saturday to join us. We had an 8 day PH ticket that wasn't used from our son, so I put that on his account.
Airfare was $950 total round trip (AA out of DCA - we almost always fly SWA out of BWI but the fares were through the roof).
I'm ordering about $200 from Garden Grocer, as I like breakfast in the room (if we eat it) and snacks and a couple simple meals for DD when she's too tired to go out.
Meals - not sure yet. I don't like TS meals! Done too many already at Disney.

So $3,500 roughly for Easter break for 10 days (8 for DH). Plus a few meals.

That is also given that our tickets were already purchased!

Summer 2016 will be me and DD - odds are August again, as late as possible to use our AP's. Well use Starpoints for the Swan probably, so that will be free (just resort fee). Or we'll do Pop again, which is roughly $100/night in August.

Flights - we may use airline miles that time, so it will be free.

So our last trip in 2016 won't cost much at all! Maybe $1,000 if it works out right.

Last edited:
Booked from May 1st to 7th at AoA LM room, me, DH, DD6 and DS2. DDP for the 3 of us since 2yr doesn't pay, 6 day tickets and memory maker $3080,79.
Airfare total $843 from Hartford to Orlando with Southwest.

Total $ 3925

Depending on when package deals Come out we may switch resorts if it makes sense cost wise but I'm really excited to stay at AofA so we will see

Last edited:
Feb 24 - March 1

5 Round trip tickets to MCO -$882
Orbitz POR 6 nights - $1133
4 day hopper Florida resident tickets for 5 (we own a home in Florida but don't currently live there) - $1300
Oop dining and extras $1000
Total = 4315

We have 3 rooms booked at Beach Club - September 3-10th

7 nights, 7 day park hoppers for just myself in a standard view room- $1,886

I am going to purchase giftcards for our QS dining and the 2 TS we plan on going to. I will start buying the $150 packs from Sams for $142. Flights aren't booked yet but will do that hopefully as soon as Southwest comes out with their Sept flights!

The other 2 rooms have 2 adults in each, 1 with an infant- both packages for 7 nights and 7 day hoppers cost $2,269! They will also be buying the giftcards for all of our dining for the week.

I paid a lot more than $1,800 for my Nov 2015 POR trip, so we got a great deal for a deluxe and won't have to stress over the discounts that come out next year from Disney, as we got over 50% off for the BC rooms! :thumbsup2

Last edited:
We have 3 separate trips planned for 2016, for a total of about $8k. The first trip, in April, will be the most expensive because we have to buy our APs that trip, and because it's a 2 week trip, while the others are going to be 7 day trips

Feb 24 - March 1

5 Round trip tickets to MCO -$882
Orbitz POR 6 nights - $1133
4 day hopper Florida resident tickets for 5 (we own a home in Florida but don't currently live there) - $1300
Oop dining and extras $1000
Total = 4315
How cheap the flights are in the U.S is sickening, you guys are lucky! I can't believe how much we pay in Canada to fly in comparison. 800.00 CAD barely gets one person round trip to MCO from Edmonton, Alberta.

Just booked mine yesterday! This is my surprise Christmas present to my mom!

Dates: August 29-September 5
7 nights at Grand Floridian in deluxe studio outer building garden view - $1819

1 two day park hopper for my dad joining us the last weekend - $257

1 five day park hopper for myself - $403 (mom will probably be paying for her own ticket and won't want as many days)

Haven't booked flights yet but have a southwest companion pass so will only being paying for one ticket RT from ATL to MCO for my mom and I and then paying for my dad's separate flight - estimating around $400 to be safe for all three, will book when September 2016 flights become available

Estimated Total: $2879

Wilderness Lodge, September 2016,14 nights, including Disney tickets £3700 ($5000) for two of us, including free dining promotion and $200 giftcard.
Flights £750 each ($1125)
Discovery Cove (no dolphin swim), Seaworld, Busch Gardens, Universal, Islands of Adventure tickets £540 for two of us ($800)
Car Hire for one week to go to the other parks (as we will use Magical Express from airport) £180ish ($270)

So around £6000 ($9000) for the two of us for the trip. Plus whatever I spend at Premium Outlets!!!

Last edited:
Right now all we have booked is our room. 8 nights at BC - $3737. Hoping we get a PIN or something.

Dates: April 23, 2016 - May 1, 2016 (8 nights total)
Party: 2 adults, 1 "Disney adult" (age 11), 1 child, and 1 infant

Airfare: Round trip, non stop on Jet Blue for 5 = $1301.00
2 Nights at Art of Animation in Little Nemo Suite = $592.20 (30% discount applied)
4 Nights on Disney Dream=$4298.90
2 Nights AKL CL=$861.30 (40% discount applied)

Park Tickets= 4 day hoppers = $796.00, but we might just get AP's again

Food and Souvenir budget = $750.00

And I haven't priced out the cruise excursions yet....

So far we are at...$8,599.40 :scared:

I just booked yesterday! Our last trip was 4 years ago. That trip was a complete bust for us. During that trip my DH decided no more Disney. The problem was that we went during Thanksgiving. The parks were overcrowded, the food vendors were S-L-O-W and we were bored--too many trips to WDW so we felt like it were just doing the same old thing with way too many other people. My DH wants to switch to another credit card, so right now we have a lot of Disney Reward points to use up.
Our trip:
There our 8 of us going right now. Me, DH, DD-17, her boyfriend (17), Ds-15, DS-13, DS-13, DS 11--my DD's boyfriend's family does not travel, so we are including him in or plans, now if they are not dating anymore, then we will be down one person and save about $500.
Arrive 6/7-6/11/2015
Hotel--2 rooms at YC--garden view
Tickets-2 day hoppers
Dining plan--the standard one--1 counter, 1 sit down, and 1 snack/day
Cost: 8047.93!!
That was a shock!! That is a lot of cash for a short stay. But for 8 people including food, maybe not so bad. Hoping for a discount on the room!! We will have close to $3k in reward dollars too.
Praying for not too terrible crowds. We have built in a full day for the resort as well. That is something we have never done. The YC is the perfect place to have a resort day. Hoping that down day will give us a break from the crowds so we can enjoy both park days.

May 10th-19th.
Aulani, one bedroom, ocean view.
DVC Dues: $1638
Car Rental: $300
Airfare:$2920 (Chicago to Honolulu)
Food/Excursions/Misc money: $2000
Total: $6858

October 10th-17th.
CSR, standard view.
6-Day Tickets
Deluxe Dining
Car Rental: $375
Tip/Souvenir/Misc money: $1000
Total: $5244 (doesn't include MNNSHP tickets, airfare or any discounts).

How cheap the flights are in the U.S is sickening, you guys are lucky! I can't believe how much we pay in Canada to fly in comparison. 800.00 CAD barely gets one person round trip to MCO from Edmonton, Alberta.

I fly out of YEG too (live in Leduc) and I've never paid more than $650...typically I pay around $550...but I guess it depends on the time of year too.

We are going back Dec 1-11/16 and staying at OKW through a DVC member...hoping to get it for $12 a point - $1344
Airfare x 4 - $550 cdn (so about $400 US?) -
Meals - can't justify DDP since we don't eat much in the parks and have a light breakfast and a good dinner...so about $1000
Spending $ - well...since I plan on outlet shopping and we have our kiddos with us I expect to spend about $4000
7 day park pass - got on airmiles - $0 (unless we add hopper option at the gate)

So total in US - $7944...or about $12000 Cdn :crazy2:

January 9-18
Pop Century 2 nights: $230
AKL DVC Studio: $1175
R/T Air from Cle for 4: $501
6-day tickets: $1332
Food estimate: $1600
Total: $4800
I don't think that's too bad for 9 nights with a ton of TS dinners. "Kids" are 16 and 18-year old boys so they eat a ton.

January 9-18
Pop Century 2 nights: $230
AKL DVC Studio: $1175
R/T Air from Cle for 4: $501
6-day tickets: $1332
Food estimate: $1600
Total: $4800
I don't think that's too bad for 9 nights with a ton of TS dinners. "Kids" are 16 and 18-year old boys so they eat a ton.

Round trip airfare for 4 for that much is amazing. Nice to be able to go when it's not a busy time of the year!!!!!
You did a good job. Plus in the studio you can make some snacks to save on food! I load up with hungry kids around! My DS used to drive me nuts - we'd eat a quick snack in the room, but no he's "not hungry" then the SECOND we'd get to a park, he wants a hot dog. And a pretzel. And another hot dog. And a drink. UGH!

Feb. 18-25, 2016
AKL Savanna View for 7 nights + DDP: $3,497.08 (we got a 40% discount utilizing Armed Forces Salute)
R/T Airfare for 2 from RIC to MCO: $443
Two 4-day Armed Forces Salute tickets w/park hopper: $380
TOTAL: $4,320.08

Note: I didn't include what we spent on race registration fees ($582.44) or that we are also bringing along some cash for souvenirs & tips ($500). That brings our total up to $5,402.52.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter