How Many Times Did I Meet Pluto This Trip? A Dec Solo TR - New TR Link 11/30!

YAY the framer! That really is a great picture of you and your #1 dog! Perfect way to capture your Pluto Christmas trip. I also love the one with Chip 'n Dale--they are always one of my fav interactions, too.

Can't wait to hear how the rest of your 4 park day goes!

P.S. It's nice you to got to see Katt--I've really been missing her updates! It has definitely been awhile!

I did not have dessert at Tony’s because nothing on the menu sounded appealing plus I had something else in mind to try. I had a little time before my final FP+ for the Mine Train so it was time for a snack. One thing I decided I wanted to do on this trip was try a bunch of different cupcakes. My goal was a different one each day if possible. My destination on this night was the Cheshire Café and their special cake cups. I really wanted to try the chocolate mocha one but unfortunately they only had strawberry and birthday cake. I went with the birthday cake one.

I just started reading this thread and was going to catch-up before commenting, but I decided I'd forget if I waited. I LOVE having the goal to try a cupcake each day. I've heard so much about the cupcakes, but I didn't get around to trying any on our trip last year (and my trip before that was more than 10 years ago). I'm planning a trip for January, and I think you just inspired me to make a cupcake goal!

Great udpate. I never got to do the Jingle Cruise when we were there, so enjoyed those pictures. I can't believe how empty the park was. And you walked right on POTC (smart call on switching seats) and Big Thunder. Cute pics with Chip and Dale.

I've been following along. I'm looking forward to seeing how your 4 parks 1 day turns out! You are inspiring me to do some character meets. Never done any before! Also, I love all your matching Pluto gear!

Wow - so many walk on rides! Great morning!

It sounds like a great ride on the Jingle Cruise! And I'm glad you avoided getting wet on Pirates. I really hope they fix that with the refurb this summer!

Very cute meet with Chip and Dale! They are a fun pair!

loved your framed picture!!! So cute! I am caught up and I LOVE your pictures

YAY for meeting him in all 4 parks!!! too bad on the fail of cupcakes! you'll get it next time! I am sure you will!

you are ROCKIN Mk this morning!!! Love it all!!!

Oh no, not the cupcake quest! I've caught up and subscribed! Great TR so far. I love all the pics, particularly the character greets since I am too shy to do very many (I did one last year, and that was a lot of effort).

You got a lot done at MK! I got to ride the jingle cruise in January and loved it. It's definitely a nice change to the ride for the holidays. Your meet and greet with chip and dale looks like it was a lot of fun. I also love IASW and ride it every time we go.

The Jingle Cruise is a very nice change, I loved all of the new Christmas related jokes.
Chip and Dale were a lot of fun during that meet and I was excited to meet them in their Western gear.

IASW has a lot of great memories for me from my childhood so that's why I think I like it so much now.

So many walk-ons, that's awesome! I'm glad you were able to do so much that morning. I especially love the pics with Chip & Dale :)

It was an awesome morning and I still wasn't done yet! Chip and Dale were a lot of fun that morning.

I've always wondered how much leeway they have with the script. I think they should absolutely be able to inject some of their own personality into it.

How fast did you have to run after the ride was over, lol.

Wow, one single soul

As sad as a closed HM is, I look at that and I see a massive opportunity for a big group HM CM photo! :hyper:

I've ridden the Jungle/Jingle Cruise enough times that I do think they have a small amount of leeway. Either that or they have multiple jokes they can use at each area.
I guess I should have mentioned that I was completely honest with the guys that I talked into the front seat on Pirates. They just were a lot more willing to get wet than I was.

Yep, the park was completely empty that morning for some reason.

I didn't even think about stopping for a picture with the HM CMs. Darn, that would have been a great opportunity.

YAY the framer! That really is a great picture of you and your #1 dog! Perfect way to capture your Pluto Christmas trip. I also love the one with Chip 'n Dale--they are always one of my fav interactions, too.

Can't wait to hear how the rest of your 4 park day goes!

P.S. It's nice you to got to see Katt--I've really been missing her updates! It has definitely been awhile!

I do really like that picture of me and Pluto, I just wish the background was a little less cluttered. I did cover up the grumpy looking woman with a Pluto sticker.

I do miss Katt on here but I see her on Facebook and she seems to be having the time of her life!

I just started reading this thread and was going to catch-up before commenting, but I decided I'd forget if I waited. I LOVE having the goal to try a cupcake each day. I've heard so much about the cupcakes, but I didn't get around to trying any on our trip last year (and my trip before that was more than 10 years ago). I'm planning a trip for January, and I think you just inspired me to make a cupcake goal!

Hi! Thanks for joining in. I had a lot of fun with the cupcake challenge but I see below that you made it to the part where I failed. Oh well, gives me something to try again the next time I make it down there!

Great udpate. I never got to do the Jingle Cruise when we were there, so enjoyed those pictures. I can't believe how empty the park was. And you walked right on POTC (smart call on switching seats) and Big Thunder. Cute pics with Chip and Dale.

Everything was a walk on that morning! Well I'm sure that Mine Train and A & E had long lines but I didn't want to do either of those that morning. The opening time was moved from 9 am to 8 am a few weeks before my trip so I'm guessing that a lot of people had no idea the park was even open yet.

I've been following along. I'm looking forward to seeing how your 4 parks 1 day turns out! You are inspiring me to do some character meets. Never done any before! Also, I love all your matching Pluto gear!

Thanks for following along! I never used to do a lot of character meets, I'm a bit shy and they scared me. But I started to run out of new things to do at each park so I started doing more characters. I still get a little nervous but it's so much fun!

Wow - so many walk on rides! Great morning!

It sounds like a great ride on the Jingle Cruise! And I'm glad you avoided getting wet on Pirates. I really hope they fix that with the refurb this summer!

Very cute meet with Chip and Dale! They are a fun pair!

It really was a great start to my 4 park day!

I do hope they fix the problem on Pirates this summer. The last time I was in the front seat I got just as wet as you do on Splash Mountain!

Chip and Dale were a blast to meet.

What a great morning so far. Love all the M&G pictures.

Thanks, it was a great morning for both rides and meet and greets. And there's even more to come!

loved your framed picture!!! So cute! I am caught up and I LOVE your pictures

YAY for meeting him in all 4 parks!!! too bad on the fail of cupcakes! you'll get it next time! I am sure you will!

you are ROCKIN Mk this morning!!! Love it all!!!

Thanks! I do love that photo. There was a grumpy looking woman in the background but I covered her up with the Pluto sticker.

I'm definitely going to try again for the cupcake quest! Epcot is just so hard because there are not a lot of great options for cupcakes there.

It really was a great morning at MK and there's still more to come!

Oh no, not the cupcake quest! I've caught up and subscribed! Great TR so far. I love all the pics, particularly the character greets since I am too shy to do very many (I did one last year, and that was a lot of effort).

Yep, I failed at the cupcake quest! But like I said above I will try again someday. I'm pretty shy myself and had a very hard time with meet and greets. But the more I do, the easier they get. I've found the face characters are actually very easy because they all have stuff to talk about and I just have to follow along. It's a little harder when they don't talk and I have to interpret hand motions.

Finishing Up Park #1 Part 1

When I exited IASW, it was starting to spit rain a bit. I had planned on riding Dumbo next but really didn’t want to be stuck on the ride if it started raining harder. So instead I headed here.

A friend had told me to say hi to Donald for them so this seemed like a good time to fulfill that request.

Goofy was up first.

We danced a bit.

Once again a very fun meet.

Donald though was kind of a stick in the mud. Other than a quick hug there was not much interaction. I always feel a little awkward hugging the shorter characters because I am so tall.

It was still spitting rain a little bit when I left the meet and greet. Just enough to be annoying but no need for a poncho. I still had about 40 minutes till I could check in for my very early BOG lunch at 10:40 am so I walked onto Little Mermaid.

I love all the little details that Disney adds to the rides and lines.

Continued in Next Post

Last edited:
Finishing Up Park #1 Part 2

I still had some time before my lunch so I went in and out of some stores in Fantasyland and did some pin trading. I hadn’t done a lot of trading the previous couple of days so I wanted to make up for it. As I was walking around, I noticed that the Mine Train was down.

Finally it was time to head to BOG for an enchanting lunch. There was already quite a line to get in but I was able to bypass them all with my FP.

I did not pre-order my food which was probably a little silly because I only order one thing from the lunch menu. But since I wanted to modify the sandwich, I thought it would be better to do it the day of. I only waited about 5 minutes for the next station to open before I was able to order. The ballroom was pretty full and frankly I find the West Wing a little dark. But there were plenty of tables in the study (or whatever that room is called).

It wasn’t long before my food came. I got the turkey sandwich, hold the fixings. In other words, I got turkey on a bun.

And for dessert I got the chocolate cupcake which fulfilled the daily cupcake quota even though I had already failed at that quest.

My sandwich was good although not as good as the first time I had it. The turkey was a tiny bit dry this time. Of course if I wasn’t so picky and had the sauce and other fixings on it, it probably would have been fine. The cupcake was amazing as usual.

As I left, I took two very bad pictures of the Christmas decorations.

It was almost 11:30 now and time to move on to the second park of the day. It had been a very successful morning at MK. I rode seven rides, Space Mountain, Buzz, Jingle Cruise, Pirates, BTMR, IASW and Little Mermaid, met six characters, Pluto, Stitch, Chip, Dale, Goofy and Donald and had a nice lunch at BOG. Rope Drop definitely paid off this time.

Up Next: Moving on to Park #2

Such cute pictures with Goofy. I've found that when Donald is in Storybook Circus he can be a little lackluster :confused3 This past trip he was fun but most of the other times not so much.

Love your pictures of the LM queue and ride!

Such a successful morning, can't wait to hear about park #2.

Looks like a great meet and greet with Donald and goofy. I haven't done the big top meet and greets yet but maybe in January I will. LM always seems to be a walk on in morning. When I did BOG lunch I got the same thing except for dessert I had to try the masters cupcake because of the grey stuff. It was delicious.

Yep, I failed at the cupcake quest! But like I said above I will try again someday. I'm pretty shy myself and had a very hard time with meet and greets. But the more I do, the easier they get. I've found the face characters are actually very easy because they all have stuff to talk about and I just have to follow along. It's a little harder when they don't talk and I have to interpret hand motions.

Really? I haven't done any face characters since I was little. They seem more intimidating, but you bring up a good point. I get so nervous I have a hard time paying attention to all the hand motions. Hmm...maybe I should try a face character next time. Maybe a princess? Seems like they'd be the easiest- kind, soft-spoken, etc.. I really want to meet Gaston, but I don't think I can handle any sort of witty banter just yet, lol. Just his presence is intimidating. I don't think my favorite character of all time has any meet & greets- Dory.

I have never done the 4 park challenge. 3 is my max. Knowing me I would just say "forget it" by the time I left the 3rd park! :rotfl:

Great plan to start in MK. I just love how the front of the park is decorated for the opening show. So pretty.

Yay for a Pluto meet! You certainly had the perfect bag for the occasion. He IS admiring your bag! :thumbsup2

Great morning so far. curious to see where you head next.

I forgot to add - I love your JC pictures with the Christmas overlay. I hope to see that in December.

Love all the Little Mermaid pics....its one of my and my daughters' favorites at both Disney World and Land. My son doesn't really care for it (mainly because he's a ten year old boy) but the rest of us do!

Aww Goofy. Seriously, I think he has to be one of if not the most consistently great meets around.

Goodness, I still get mesmerized by the Little Mermaid queue. What an extreme departure from the one out west. Easily one of the best queues anywhere.

I think it's high time I get back to BoG again. I'm not interested in Dinner (outside of desperately wanting to meet Beast), but a nice lunch there would be nice to try again. It is pretty spectacular.

Fun meet with Goody - great pictures! Sorry Donald was a bust!

Little Mermaid is one of my favorite rides at MK so I loved the pictures!

Lunch at BOG looks good - especially the cupcake. We have a late lunch (2:20) scheduled for next trip but it may just turn out to be dessert since we have Crystal Palace earlier that day. I'm just excited to see the castle!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter