Water slide camera for action pictures?

CTCruiser221

Earning My Ears
Does anyone know if the main water slide on the Disney Wish has a camera that takes a picture of you while on the ride? And if so, will that picture be available in the photo pass if you buy a package?

I haven’t been on the newer ships recently (Dream or Fantasy), but I know back then, circa 2016, the Dream took pictures of you while going down on the water slide. I remember it was kinda spotty on whether the camera actually worked, but we were able to get the picture on at least one of the days we rode it.

On the Fantasy back in 2019, I can’t remember if there was a camera, but I don’t think I ever saw a picture. Of course, all of this was before the digital photo packages, and I think we had to shuffle through all of the day’s water slide pics and hope to find ours.

It will be our first time on the Wish, so thank you for any insight!

I was on the Wish in December and dont remember there being a camera on the Aquamouse. In fact they stopped the ride a few times when they saw people holding go-pro's or phones.

Historically, a gopro attached to you is fine. I.e. chest mount. Anything with just a strap is a no go. Like a camera or phone with just a cord around your wrist where it dangles is a no go. A full blown chest mount where the camera does not move even when you aren't holding it with your hands generally is fine and is what most of the POV videos you'll find are recorded with.

Chest mounts seem to be the safest bet and are usually allowed, I have seen some gopro wrist mounts but I think that's going to be dependent on the ride operator.

Thanks for the replies. I don’t plan on bringing my phone or a camera on the ride, so that’s not the issue. I’m talking about a ride pic like they would take in the parks as you’re going down Splash Mountain, or around the turn in Space Mountain.

I want to say that back in the day they took these pics on the Dream waterslide, and just was wondering if they still did the same on those newer ships with the big waterslides? And I don’t think I’m going crazy because I’m looking at the pic right now on my digital picture frame. I haven’t been on the Dream or Fantasy in about 5 years, and I’ll be on the Wish for the first time next month. This would be my first time on a newer ship with everything having gone digital for pictures.

It seems like they don’t have ride pics for the Wish, but do they still take them on the Dream or Fantasy? Even if they did, I’m not sure how it would all work since you’d probably have to scan your magicband or KTTW card before you ride or something? And I’m pretty sure someone would have said something about it at this point. Lol!

No, there's no ride pic. I've been on the AquaDuck several times on the Dream and Fantasy. Sometimes they have a photographer taking pictures at the beginning/end of the ride (like when you're boarding the raft and getting off of it). That was specifically on the Wish; they asked for my stateroom number to attach it to my account.

I want to say that back in the day they took these pics on the Dream waterslide, and just was wondering if they still did the same on those newer ships with the big waterslides?
I think they had so many problems with the ones on the AquaDuck on both Fantasy and Dream that they decided not to bother with them on the Wish. I know that most of the times we've been on the AquaDuck, it never worked. You also go a lot faster on the AquaMouse once you get past the cartoon section.

I think they had so many problems with the ones on the AquaDuck on both Fantasy and Dream that they decided not to bother with them on the Wish. I know that most of the times we've been on the AquaDuck, it never worked. You also go a lot faster on the AquaMouse once you get past the cartoon section.

I see…. that’s what I figured since my one and only time on the Dream back in 2016, it worked the first couple days, but then was down the rest of the cruise. Then on the Fantasy back in 2019, I don’t even remember seeing the option for pics at shutters. They must have been just down or probably completely gone by then. That’s too bad, since it would have been nice to have one on every ship.

Thanks for the replies. I don’t plan on bringing my phone or a camera on the ride, so that’s not the issue. I’m talking about a ride pic like they would take in the parks as you’re going down Splash Mountain, or around the turn in Space Mountain.

I want to say that back in the day they took these pics on the Dream waterslide, and just was wondering if they still did the same on those newer ships with the big waterslides? And I don’t think I’m going crazy because I’m looking at the pic right now on my digital picture frame. I haven’t been on the Dream or Fantasy in about 5 years, and I’ll be on the Wish for the first time next month. This would be my first time on a newer ship with everything having gone digital for pictures.

It seems like they don’t have ride pics for the Wish, but do they still take them on the Dream or Fantasy? Even if they did, I’m not sure how it would all work since you’d probably have to scan your magicband or KTTW card before you ride or something? And I’m pretty sure someone would have said something about it at this point. Lol!
I don't think so, I've been on the Dream twice and they were not doing it for either of my sailings so I'd assume it hasn't been done in a while. I went in 2020 and end of 2023 on the Dream. So I'm assuming they stopped doing it before my sailing.

I do know with WDW rides and such you don't always have to scan anymore, they catch your band while you're riding and the photos just show up in your account it depends on the ride.

Wait, is it possible to wear those lanyard thing that holds the phone while on the ride?
No it has to be secure. A simple wrist cord or lanyard is not good enough. A lanyard would actually be super dangerous if it got caught on something during the ride.

It is up to the ride operator but generally the only accepted cameras are those mounted to you that won't fly around. I.e. a gopro chest mount. If you don't know what I'm talking about google images it to see. It holds the camera 100% stationary so no dangling or anything like that and the camera stays secure to your chest the whole time.

On the wish we were told no. I do think it is dependent on who is working that day. My husband needed his phone for his dexcom and still told no, so it just went in the cubby.

No, it has to be secure. They don't want things flying around and/or possibly falling off while you're riding.

No it has to be secure. A simple wrist cord or lanyard is not good enough. A lanyard would actually be super dangerous if it got caught on something during the ride.

It is up to the ride operator but generally the only accepted cameras are those mounted to you that won't fly around. I.e. a gopro chest mount. If you don't know what I'm talking about google images it to see. It holds the camera 100% stationary so no dangling or anything like that and the camera stays secure to your chest the whole time.

Thank you! Understood.

The professional Disney photographers were there yes? Before and after? XD

Thank you! Understood.

For me, on the Wish, yes, there were CM photographers. I think after the ride (but where you board and where you get off on the Wish are pretty close together). Not every time, I don't think.

Thank you! Understood.

On all three of my cruises we never saw a photographer near the water slide. On the Dream in November my kids probably rode it multiple times a day every day and we never saw one around the aquaduck (or aquamouse for the magic). Not that they can't be there obviously but we never saw them and we spent a lot of time around the Aquaduck

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter