How Many Times Did I Meet Pluto This Trip? A Dec Solo TR - New TR Link 11/30!

I rode seven rides, Space Mountain, Buzz, Jingle Cruise, Pirates, BTMR, IASW and Little Mermaid, met six characters, Pluto, Stitch, Chip, Dale, Goofy and Donald and had a nice lunch at BOG. Rope Drop definitely paid off this time.

This is a LOT!!!

Love all your greets! even if Donald was a dud. the pictures still came out cute! In November i do want to do a few more of the lines and see all the fun stuff i missed most of it last year!!

I really want to meet the Pete's Silly Sideshow characters this time around...sorry about Donald! It's a shame his interaction wasn't great, because what a fun costume he's in! We had a terrible Mickey last August at 'Ohana breakfast...I mean, wow. he actually pulled out of a hug from a kid at the table next to us and kind of pushed him away to move on. So when he got to us, he just did a quick pose with the kids and walked on. They barely got a chance to say hi. And it was very early in the day, he wasn't rushed because of crowds, none of the other characters acted that way...It was the worst character interaction I've ever seen, so I get the disappointment when one isn't so great!

Goofy looked like a winner though!

Great finish to Park 1. Love Goofy and Donald over in the tent. I wouldn't ride Dumbo if it were raining either.

You really did just walk on everything...and that's awesome.

We are doing lunch at BOG for the first time next month. I still haven't decided what I'm going to eat...so many appetizing choices. But I'll definitely go with the Chocolate Cupake. I'm actually hoping for the West Wing...haven't been in it since the first day they opened. We've been in the Ballroom five times now. :(

OK... I totally missed this TR... Gosh - I am sorry Ariana... I am not even sure which TR I am supposed to be at anymore? LOL So, I figured I'd just jump in whereever I land on this one. I hope tha'ts OK.

I lvoed your pictures this morning... BUmmer that Donald was a dud... I find he's hit or miss too - mostly miss. Sadly - considering I love him so much.

But your pictures are awesome - quite a few of them are very stunning! And vibrant!

That sandwich does look good - I love that you just get turkey on a bun... LOL But the cupcake... Mmmm... I think I could do that cupcake challenge with out a problem. LOL

Hopefully I didn't miss too much of this TR. :)

D~

This is such a good idea! I'm doing a solo trip in December and I never thought of trying the four parks thing. But it is definitely on my list now.

Such cute pictures with Goofy. I've found that when Donald is in Storybook Circus he can be a little lackluster :confused3 This past trip he was fun but most of the other times not so much.

Love your pictures of the LM queue and ride!

Such a successful morning, can't wait to hear about park #2.

No idea what Donald's problem was that day but he was kind of boring. Goofy though was wonderful.

It was a super successful morning and I have a lot more coming up!

Looks like a great meet and greet with Donald and goofy. I haven't done the big top meet and greets yet but maybe in January I will. LM always seems to be a walk on in morning. When I did BOG lunch I got the same thing except for dessert I had to try the masters cupcake because of the grey stuff. It was delicious.

Goofy was great, Donald not so much but I still had fun. I keep meaning to try the masters cupcake but I'm so stuck on the chocolate one I don't know if I ever will.

Really? I haven't done any face characters since I was little. They seem more intimidating, but you bring up a good point. I get so nervous I have a hard time paying attention to all the hand motions. Hmm...maybe I should try a face character next time. Maybe a princess? Seems like they'd be the easiest- kind, soft-spoken, etc.. I really want to meet Gaston, but I don't think I can handle any sort of witty banter just yet, lol. Just his presence is intimidating. I don't think my favorite character of all time has any meet & greets- Dory.

I really thought they would be more intimidating but most of them immediately start chatting away and it's easy to respond and talk with them. It seems like a lot of them talk about food and I don't mind that at all. I've had conversations about chocolate with Anna and Elsa, muffins with Tinkerbell and omelets with Rapunzel. Gaston was one of the best greets I have ever done. Granted my DH was with me that time and he can talk to anyone. Nope, I've never seen characters from Finding Nemo.

I have never done the 4 park challenge. 3 is my max. Knowing me I would just say "forget it" by the time I left the 3rd park! :rotfl:

Great plan to start in MK. I just love how the front of the park is decorated for the opening show. So pretty.

Yay for a Pluto meet! You certainly had the perfect bag for the occasion. He IS admiring your bag! :thumbsup2

Great morning so far. curious to see where you head next.

Hey Mary Ellen! I realized when I saw your post that I hadn't seen an update on your TR in a while. So I went looking and apparently I got unsubscribed (or unwatched whatever it's called now) somehow and now I'm way behind. No idea how that happened but now I have some catching up to do!

I was determined on this day to finish all four. I will admit I did get pretty tired by the third so you will have to stick around to see if I do make it to all four.

I love my Pluto bags, they get me a lot of attention from the characters!

I forgot to add - I love your JC pictures with the Christmas overlay. I hope to see that in December.

Thanks! It was a fun change to that ride so I hope you do get to see it in December.
Love all the Little Mermaid pics....its one of my and my daughters' favorites at both Disney World and Land. My son doesn't really care for it (mainly because he's a ten year old boy) but the rest of us do!

Well Princesses probably aren't cool for a kid that age! Hopefully he will outgrown that. My DH loves the princesses!

Aww Goofy. Seriously, I think he has to be one of if not the most consistently great meets around.

Goodness, I still get mesmerized by the Little Mermaid queue. What an extreme departure from the one out west. Easily one of the best queues anywhere.

I think it's high time I get back to BoG again. I'm not interested in Dinner (outside of desperately wanting to meet Beast), but a nice lunch there would be nice to try again. It is pretty spectacular.

Goofy is always fun to meet! I've had some great ones with him.

That queue for LM is pretty spectacular. I really love all the water features.

It is a beautiful restaurant. Lunch though while still CS now requires an ADR to get in. They are no longer allowing walk-ups.

Fun meet with Goody - great pictures! Sorry Donald was a bust!

Little Mermaid is one of my favorite rides at MK so I loved the pictures!

Lunch at BOG looks good - especially the cupcake. We have a late lunch (2:20) scheduled for next trip but it may just turn out to be dessert since we have Crystal Palace earlier that day. I'm just excited to see the castle!

Goofy was a blast this time but he usually is.

Glad you enjoyed the LM pictures.

Definitely try out the desserts! There are quite a few options for dessert but I'm pretty obsessed with that chocolate cupcake and haven't tried any of the others.

This is a LOT!!!

Love all your greets! even if Donald was a dud. the pictures still came out cute! In November i do want to do a few more of the lines and see all the fun stuff i missed most of it last year!!

I did get a lot done that morning! I think rope drop combined with the early opening time really paid off. They updated the hours a few weeks before my trip so I really wonder if people didn't realize MK opened at 8 am instead of 9 am that day.

You should definitely check out the lines. Lots of good photography opportunities.

I really want to meet the Pete's Silly Sideshow characters this time around...sorry about Donald! It's a shame his interaction wasn't great, because what a fun costume he's in! We had a terrible Mickey last August at 'Ohana breakfast...I mean, wow. he actually pulled out of a hug from a kid at the table next to us and kind of pushed him away to move on. So when he got to us, he just did a quick pose with the kids and walked on. They barely got a chance to say hi. And it was very early in the day, he wasn't rushed because of crowds, none of the other characters acted that way...It was the worst character interaction I've ever seen, so I get the disappointment when one isn't so great!

Goofy looked like a winner though!

Ugh, that does sound like a terrible meet with Mickey. Donald really wasn't awful, he just didn't interact much at all. I still got a hug and a picture but that was it.

Great finish to Park 1. Love Goofy and Donald over in the tent. I wouldn't ride Dumbo if it were raining either.

You really did just walk on everything...and that's awesome.

We are doing lunch at BOG for the first time next month. I still haven't decided what I'm going to eat...so many appetizing choices. But I'll definitely go with the Chocolate Cupake. I'm actually hoping for the West Wing...haven't been in it since the first day they opened. We've been in the Ballroom five times now. :(

Yeah, Dumbo in the rain would not have been fun but the meet and greet was a good substitute.

I've mostly been in the ballroom too. I love walking around in the West Wing but I'm not sure if I would like eating in there. Being picky, I really need to see my food in case I need to pick something out. :rotfl:Yeah, I know I'm weird when it comes to food (and probably some other stuff too).

OK... I totally missed this TR... Gosh - I am sorry Ariana... I am not even sure which TR I am supposed to be at anymore? LOL So, I figured I'd just jump in whereever I land on this one. I hope tha'ts OK.

I lvoed your pictures this morning... BUmmer that Donald was a dud... I find he's hit or miss too - mostly miss. Sadly - considering I love him so much.

But your pictures are awesome - quite a few of them are very stunning! And vibrant!

That sandwich does look good - I love that you just get turkey on a bun... LOL But the cupcake... Mmmm... I think I could do that cupcake challenge with out a problem. LOL

Hopefully I didn't miss too much of this TR. :)

D~

No problem D~, I know how busy you have been. And this is definitely the TR to be in since it's the only one I have going right now. It's kind of weird not having multiple ones going. I only have a day and a half to go on this one. I have no idea what I'm going to do with myself then with none going!

Yeah, I was disappointed in Donald this time but at least I got a hug and a few pictures.

Thanks, I'm finally figuring out that new camera of mine!

The cupcake challenge was a lot of fun. I did fail at it because I couldn't find a cupcake on my Epcot day. There really are slim pickings for cupcakes at Epcot. I should have gone over to the Boardwalk Bakery but I didn't feel like walking that far.

This is such a good idea! I'm doing a solo trip in December and I never thought of trying the four parks thing. But it is definitely on my list now.

Doing four parks while solo was a lot of fun. It was easy to keep myself on track because I didn't have anyone else to worry about.

Moving on to Park #2 Part 1

I exited MK right at 11:30 and by 12 pm I was seeing this site. So far I’d had great bus luck on this day.

I stopped for some PP pictures with the tree (and construction walls, ugh).

And then I made a beeline to Dinoland to finish up the character meets I had started on my previous day. If you remember, I had meet all of the fab six in their AK Christmas outfits except for Donald because it had rained. I don’t remember anything special about this meet but Donald was cute in his Christmas gear.

I headed over to see how the line was for Pluto but unfortunately it was very long. So instead, I got a little crazy again. I saw that Primeval Whirl only had a 10 minute wait so I went for it! I hadn’t ridden it since 2010.

I was paired up with a father and daughter in her teens. She immediately saw my Pluto gear and went nuts because Pluto was her favorite. So we talked Pluto the whole ride. At one point, her dad jokingly said how sick of Pluto he was. The ride itself wasn’t all that bad other than being a little jerky at times. It’s funny because I do get motion sickness but this ride doesn’t bother me at all.

EE was next, I got in the single rider line which actually had a bit of line. The wait was about 15 minutes but I think the regular line was 40 so I still saved some time.

Park #2, baby! The guy next to me is hilarious, isn't he?

I hadn’t had a chance on my first day to visit with the tigers so I headed in the direction of the Maharajah Jungle Trek. Right outside Yak and Yeti, I noticed some pretty parrots up in the trees.

It was a pretty warm day and the Komodo Dragon was out getting some sun.

Continued in Next Post

Moving on to Park #2 Part 2

The bats were all sleeping and pretty boring so I moved on quickly (and yes I know it’s a bit sad that I’ve been to WDW so many times that gigantic bats become boring).

Now here’s what I came to see! These guys will never get boring.

I guess it was time for an afternoon nap.

After finishing the trail, I made my way through Asia and over to Africa. It was pretty hot and humid that afternoon so I stopped for a bottle of water and then got in line at 1:30 for the 2 pm FOLK show. I love this show enough that I wanted to see it a second time.

Up Next: I Just Can’t Wait to Be King

Glad you were able to make it to AK so fast! And Yay for meeting Donald, he does look very cute with the Christmas touches to his outfit. Great pictures of the Jungle Trek :)

You've done so much already, seems like crowds weren't that big of an issue. Love your Photopass photos. The jungle trek is alway fun to do as well.

Great update!!! LOVE the tigers!!! they are just so majestic!!!
great pictures of the birds too!!!

LOVE EE and yes the guy with you is a RIOT!!!

your PP pictures are great! you really can't see the walls too much!

I've really been enjoying your trip report! I love all your pictures. The pictures you took of the tigers are so gorgeous! I'm looking forward to reading more :D

I'm loving your trip report! My dream is to go to WDW solo one day! I would just love it! I have fun with my family....but......can't wait to hear about the rest of your trip. I love doing 4 parks in one day, we do it every time.

Yay, park #2!

I like your shot from EE. You had quite a few interesting riding partners! The guy next to you is hilarious. But the little girl in the bow and face painting is cute! And is that at CM in the back?

Great shots from the Jungle Trek! And we loved FOTLK too - worth seeing twice!

Awesome crowd luck. We are going the same time this year, hopefully we have that kind of crowds.

You know, Animal Kingdom updates are sometimes the most interesting to me. Especially in this case as you went from riding a roller coaster to admiring tigers. What a cool park. And 2 parks down, woo!

Wow...you are doing great on buses.

I'm glad you got to see Donald since you missed him the first time.

Seriously, you could not pay me a million dollars to go back on the Primevil Hurl!

Glad you got on your favorite EE again (the guy next to you is hysterical).

Skipped the bat pictures, but LOVE the tiger pictures.

Holy smokes! You are rocking the 4 Parks Challenge! I love rope drop but we only did it one morning on our last trip. Hopefully we'll be able to hit more this next trip.

That's a bummer about Donald. The sideshow character meet was a hit for us last time, although Daisy wasn't out yet. Of course, Goofy is always a blast.

Glad you were able to make it to AK so fast! And Yay for meeting Donald, he does look very cute with the Christmas touches to his outfit. Great pictures of the Jungle Trek :)

I was very happy with the buses so far on this day.

I really loved all of the AK Christmas outfits.

Thanks, I did get a few pretty good ones of the tigers.

You've done so much already, seems like crowds weren't that big of an issue. Love your Photopass photos. The jungle trek is alway fun to do as well.

So far the crowds weren't bad at all. I still had two parks to hit up though so that might not hold for the rest of the day.

Thanks, those photos turned out pretty nice despite the construction walls.

Great update!!! LOVE the tigers!!! they are just so majestic!!!
great pictures of the birds too!!!

LOVE EE and yes the guy with you is a RIOT!!!

your PP pictures are great! you really can't see the walls too much!

Thanks, I could watch those tigers all day.

He was a riot wasn't he? I think it was all an act but a pretty good one at that!

Luckily Disney painted those walls their "go-away-green" color so they blend in. That's a special green that they use on a lot of the back stage areas so they blend in with the trees. Mom and I learned that on the KTTK tour.

I've really been enjoying your trip report! I love all your pictures. The pictures you took of the tigers are so gorgeous! I'm looking forward to reading more :D

Thanks, I was pretty pleased with those tiger pictures. Thanks for reading along!

I'm loving your trip report! My dream is to go to WDW solo one day! I would just love it! I have fun with my family....but......can't wait to hear about the rest of your trip. I love doing 4 parks in one day, we do it every time.

I'm the same way, love going with family but also love my solo trips! This was my first time trying for 4 parks in one day. Prior to this I think I had only done two in one day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter