how is security at Disney Springs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks to responders who took my genuine concern seriously. To the others who showed disrespect it never crossed my mind I would offend gun control folks. Sorry. Life busy enough without trolling.

Not safe to go anywhere in Atlanta at night unless you have a concealed carry license which many of my friends have. Is it safe to go to Disney Springs without packing a pistol? Can you go alone without purse snatching or mugging?

This question scared the hell of me.:oops:

Thinking needing a gun at DS does not mean "gun control folks." It just means it's a stupid, unnecessary idea. We have never felt the need to bring our guns on any vacation, least of all Disney.
If the OP has never been to DS and felt the vibe for themselves, frankly I think it is insulting to tell them their question is stupid. And as a very responsible gun owner, I will also say that I have carried mine on some vacations and not others, based on the perceived (as sometimes based in local crime statistics) need. And I personally find it a tad insulting that you implied that a gun owner might not check local reciprocity laws; we always do. Sorry OP for the pounding you've received. I personally do not feel the need to carry anywhere in the Disney bubble, but there are some areas along my travel route where I'm more comfortable if I do. Have a great trip.

If the OP has never been to DS and felt the vibe for themselves, frankly I think it is insulting to tell them their question is stupid. And as a very responsible gun owner, I will also say that I have carried mine on some vacations and not others, based on the perceived (as sometimes based in local crime statistics) need. And I personally find it a tad insulting that you implied that a gun owner might not check local reciprocity laws; we always do. Sorry OP for the pounding you've received. I personally do not feel the need to carry anywhere in the Disney bubble, but there are some areas along my travel route where I'm more comfortable if I do. Have a great trip.
OP's signature says he's he's been yearly since WDW opened.

Not safe to go anywhere in Atlanta at night unless you have a concealed carry license which many of my friends have. Is it safe to go to Disney Springs without packing a pistol? Can you go alone without purse snatching or mugging?
I go to Disney a lot ( and most of the time alone) I am a short female that looks 16 ( on a good day) have never felt unsafe at Disney I have never felt like some one was going to steal my bag or anything like that. in fact I think Disney is one of the safest places to be. if some one did try to take a bag there would be hundreds of people around to witness it and the person would be caught very fast.

Or the illusion of safety is there with the security presence, which is good enough for us.
(this is not a knock on the poster or anyone else, simply a simple reply based on facts and training)
Right there is the thing about most security, Disney included at least until recent times with the metal detectors and such. (I have yet to be there since they implemented them)
People get a warm fuzzy feeling about the half azzed things they see that are just for show and the illusion of safety vs real security and safety.

There are many things that can be walked through security (including detectors) that shouldn't really be there and if someone is crazy enough to plan something, they can get it done if they really want to.
People need to "assist" security by being aware of their surroundings and speak up if they see something out of place or not right. What they don't need to do is video tape it on their phone, that doesn't help any situation and you know the saying, if you are not part of the answer then you are part of the problem.

As a multi state carry holder, Disney is the last place I have ever felt the need to do so

If you are taking Disney transportation, you will be surrounded by others at all times which always makes me feel safer. Those new parking garages look huge from the outside. I can see being a little nervous about walking alone in them as an older woman. At least that's how I felt when we saw them the last time we were there. Now that is my feeling having never been inside them. Perhaps I'd feel better after being inside & seeing the set up & how many others were around.

The thought of other guests carrying around concealed weapons doesn't make me feel any safer tho.

I mean I feel safe out a night at home and I live in Chicago where people assume you get shot getting your mail....

You mean you don't? If the news is to be believed it's practically the Mad Max times up there! ;)

And I'll just agree with everyone who is saying Disney Springs is very, very safe. Disney has a great security team and they are on top of things. That's not to say an incident is 100% impossible, but the level of deterrence being used like many uniformed security personnel and cameras, I'd say you are generally very safe on Disney property.

If security is an issue for you while shopping, try heading west to DLR where you now must pass through screening to enter the Downtown Disney area.

Never heard of gangs traveling through Disney Spring terrorizing tourists. Of course I've been to Atlanta since my sister in law and nephews live there and never felt unsafe at night near them either. Disney doesn't allow concealed or open carry anyways but in the end I've never felt unsafe in the Disney bubble including many solo trips and when I lived and worked there alone as well.

With Disney there is much more unseen security then there is seen even with metal detectors and bag searches. Disney springs included even with out the bag searches.

Never heard of gangs traveling through Disney Spring terrorizing tourists.

The blue shirt tour groups.. (anyone who has seen them will understand this, this is in no way saying there is people just going around terrorizing people in a unsafe security manor)

Never heard of gangs traveling through Disney Spring terrorizing tourists.

There were some reports maybe 15 years ago about groups of teens causing trouble around the AMC and West End. Security was increased and the issue was taken care of. It was blown way out of proportion in the news, so it could be vague recollections of this which caused the OP to ask the question. But even during that time I went to DTD (as it was then) and didn't feel unsafe.

Thanks. I have never noticed security at DTD and heard reports of gangs at night harassing tourists. May not be true though. Would like to think there is a security force.

What message boards are you reading?! Wherever you are getting you information from, please stop giving that source credibility. DS is very safe and there is no reason to carry a loaded weapon anywhere on Disney property. I know it's people's right to carry, but as a fellow CWC, I don't think it's necessary at all. However, if you are genuine with your concern, please lay it to rest as Disney, overall, is a very safe place.

OP is either trolling or just overreacting.

agreed

I personally haven't felt safe inside disney parks ever since they stopped allowing kids to conceal carry bubble guns o_O

LOL!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter