How is a Disney Trip Like a Writing Desk: A PTR through Wonderland UPDATED: 9/18/10

:banana: :banana: :banana:
:banana: :banana:
:banana:

Six nanners for six days!
Six nanners for six days!

While I there are only six sleeps until Disney, really, I'm counting down work days. Because Disney Eve I'll be able to get through just fine considering it's a Saturday and I've left myself little to do but unwind.

The five work days, however...:crazy2: They may be...a...challenge.

But they too will be over before I know it. (I hope...at least that's what I keep telling myself.)

My current obsession is trolling stormpulse.com and weather.com for news on Igor and to watch the 10-day forecast which encompasses more and more of my trip each day. Each September trip I take reminds me why I like travelling in May so much - less weather anxiety! :headache:

So far so good, however. Igor still doesn't look like he's going to present much trouble for my flight or my trip. Based on the current track it looks like he'll still be somewhere out by Bermuda come Sunday a.m. And Julia might be an issue for my flight home, depending on what she does, but I'm less worried about that. ;)

As far as the forecast goes, it looks like I'll have mostly clear skies for my flight out on Sunday morning and the daily for Disney World stands as such:

9/19: 89 and isolated T-storms
9/20: 89 mostly sunny
9/21: 89 and isolated T-storms
9/22: 88 and partly cloudy.

Hmm. :scratchin Sounds like every other trip to Disney I've ever made.

(Except that one in January when they were selling mittens and scarves. :cold:)

So, six days out and a busy workweek in front of me, here's today's countdown:

Tink's Six Favorite Disney Shows (Parades Excluded, Including Fireworks)

6. Fantasmic!
5. Finding Nemo
4. Flights of Wonder
3. Cirque's 'La Nouba' ~ This might be a stretch, but it's still IN Disney and is amazing!!!
2. Illuminations
1. Wishes!

Happy Monday!!!

:flower3:

Eight NEW Things I'm Most Looking Forward to Eating in the World
8. A cinnamon bun as big as my head from the Main Street Bakery
:woohoo: You know how I love those! :love:

9/19: 89 and isolated T-storms
9/20: 89 mostly sunny
9/21: 89 and isolated T-storms
9/22: 88 and partly cloudy.

Hmm. :scratchin Sounds like every other trip to Disney I've ever made.
:rotfl: But here's something on which to chew... you already know I was OVER the whole rain thing a couple months ago at WDW, right? Well, we went to AK last weekend and Busch Gardens this past Sat. No rain, no clouds, record-setting heat. :faint: It was seriously make-you-ill kinda hot. Rain never sounded better, lol!

He's been talking a lot about hoping he can come in Feb., and when I said yesterday, "I'm not saying this to make you feel guilty but, I really wish you were coming," he took my hand, squeezed it and said, "I know, boo, I really wish I were going too."[COLOR]

Awwwww!

Do you happen to know if those lovely buns of cinnamon goodness can be purchased with a snack credit?

I don't know for certain but I'm goin' out on a limb here to say yes.....I think so? Reason being, I had breakfast there on the last day of my solo. I had a variety of things on my tray and they let me use a meal credit for all of it. Which really has nothing whatsoever to do with your snack credits and a head-sized cinnamon bun.....Just sayin'.:rolleyes: But really, aren't most pastries allowed as a snack credit??:confused3 I would think so. Well, here's hoping anyway.:wizard:

Six days!!! Wow, time is flying! I'm sure it's going by too slowly for you though. ;)

That is crazy about the apartment, I would have been completely irritated - you had an appointment set up with them to get the lease done, they should have been ready! Or at least called you and told you they weren't. :sad2: I sure hope it gets squared away this week so you don't have to think about it.

Your hubby is right. The new version is...odd. Iago and Zazu...meh. And the goddess? Just plain creepy. The old one was much more family friendly. And you could see how Walt's original idea of having it be a dinner show was actually good idea!

Brook! You never saw the original Tiki Room?!:confused3 It was WAY better than the current one! Loved that song! Old time Disney in my book!

Nope, I never saw it. My first trip was in 2006 when I think it was already under new management. ;) I like that they play the full song on the Disney boats and stuff, it's a cute song! I do agree that the goddess was weird - it was sorta out of place and unnecessary. I can imagine if it was cuter, minus the thunder and the goddess it could be a GREAT dinner show!

a head-sized cinnamon bun

Which could likely feed a small, third world, country!

Six days!!! Wow, time is flying! I'm sure it's going by too slowly for you though. ;)

You.

Have.

No.

Idea.

UGH.

I can imagine if it was cuter, minus the thunder and the goddess it could be a GREAT dinner show!

::yes::

:guilty: Sorry Tink - the DDP falls into one of those few chasms of WDW info about which I know nothing. It sounds plausible, though!

GASP!

I don't believe it!

;)

I'm off to troll the restaurant boards for the most current DP snack list, for I know one exists...

Also, apparently I've mentally checked out of work for the day. Possibly the week.

:moped:

That didn't take long:

2010 Confirmed DDP Snack Credits

MK

Main Street Bakery:

Cinnamon rolls

:banana:

Where's a dancing cinnamon bun when you need one?

YAY for only 4 more work days!!!!!

I think I was there in January when they were selling mittens too...it was SO COLD!!!! I'm hoping this next January will be a mild winter in Florida LOL

Glad to hear Igor is going to stay out of your way!!!

Hurray for six days!!! Illuminations and Wishes are pretty high on my list, too!

Hmmm, wonder why I am craving a cinnamon roll now? ;)

YOur Disney weather looks like early June Disney weather!

You are going to have a blast!

Oh, and Ohcocinco is an idiot, too.

Tom Brady on the other hand. . . . . . :cloud9:

I am totally getting one of those cinnamon rolls! YUMMO

Can I tell you I was walking to work thinking that was probably what I was going to have for breakfast a week from now?! :rotfl:

I think I was there in January when they were selling mittens too...it was SO COLD!!!! I'm hoping this next January will be a mild winter in Florida LOL

This was January of...200...5? I think. The high during the day was about 50 on the warmest days. Most days it was in the 40's. Brrr...

Hmmm, wonder why I am craving a cinnamon roll now? ;)

Hmmm. No idea. In the slightest. ;)

Oh, and Ohcocinco is an idiot, too.

Every time the commentators said his name I just wanted to throw something at the TV.

Tom Brady on the other hand. . . . . . :cloud9:

WHAT is going on with that hair though? I prefer him with his fair freshly trimmed.

My cousin used to live across the street from him when he had a place on Commonwealth Ave. in Boston (pre-Giselle). Said he's a really nice guy. Very considerate.

LOL about the dancin' cinnamon bun!!!! We so need that on DIS!!!:rotfl:

Right?!

How many of us Googled that trying to find an image?? :laughing:

:wave2:

Five days? Really? I'll take it.

And five days deserves some different dancing nutrition:

dancing-broccoli-23.gif
dancing-broccoli-23.gif

dancing-broccoli-23.gif
dancing-broccoli-23.gif

dancing-broccoli-23.gif

And only 4 workdays. But who's counting?

:wave2: ME!

Ok, so an update on my 'To Do' list:

1. Clear off camera memory card. ~ DONE!
2. Charge camera battery. ~ DONE!
3. Buy postcard stamps. ~ DONE!
4. Take $$ out of the bank.
5. Organize revised trip binder (and double check tickets). ~ DONE!
6. Finish window decorations for POP window. ~ DONE!
7. Activate Disney Rewards card. ~ DONE!
8. Buy Gorillapod. ~ DONE!
9. Do online check-in. ~ DONE!
10. Charge/Update iPod.
11. Copy postcard addresses, souvenir list, and ADR #'s into trip journal. ~ DONE!
12. Pack morning-of items.

And your daily weather check (...I'm suddenly feeling like your friendly morning news anchor...we'll check traffic next ;) ):

Igor is expected to be back down to a Cat. 3 storm and hanging around Bermuda Sunday morning. Still looking great for my flight plans! Julia isn't looking like she even needs to be a consideration.

The updated Disney forecast:
9/19: 89 and partly cloudy
9/20: 88 and partly cloudy
9/21: 89 and sunny
9/22: 89 and sunny
9/23: 89 and sunny

Notice those T-storms disappeared? Hmmm...I know better than to believe THAT 100%. It's Florida. In September. I'll be expecting some sprinkles around 3 p.m. ::yes::

I have time for a quick list, today, and then need to get back on all that work stuff:

The ONLY Five Disney Rides Tinkerbellarella Has NEVER Ridden

5. Primeval Whirl
4. Triceratop Spin
3. The Magic Carpets of Aladdin
2. Astro Orbiter
1. The Teacups

Notice a theme?

A spinny, dizzy, theme?

:crazy2:

OMG.

I'm going to Disney in five days!!!

Happy Tuesday.

:flower3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter