how do YOU bring medications into the parks?

disney world dreamer

DIS Veteran
generally when going to the parks i always bring advil, immodium, dramamine, and gas-x chewable as a just in case cuz having a headache/leg ache/stomach ache/diarrhea can really ruin the disney experience.

myself and the rest of my party have certainly needed all of those at one point or another throughout our trips so i don't plan on ever leaving them behind.

the problem i have is that they take up room in my park bag.

i'm condensing cutting it down by just tossing some of each into an empty prescription bottle at least for my solo trip in a few weeks.

sound logical?

if you carry otc meds in the parks like i do how do you carry them?

Last edited:
When I travel with OTC meds I use a pill organizer, one of those things that has a slot for each day of the week. Except I use each slot for a different kind of pill. It's usually just a few different pills though - I don't bring a pharmacy. Tylenol, children's tylenol, allergy pill.

I use one of those little tubes of Advil, but put a couple of Immodiums at the bottom. I only have that and the Ibuprofin, so I can easily tell them apart. The funny thing is that the stomach meds go at the bottom, but as I walk they will always make their way to the top. The physics of density at work!

I asked my pharmacist for a few small size pill bottles. I labelled each one so everyone knows which med is in each bottle. A couple of meds come in blister packs, so I just take one sleeve of each of those. They take very !little room.

I always keep advil in one of the little travel size advil containers - i take advil regularly in the parks, I tried Aleve and that just didn't work for me. Everything else goes into a small prescription pill bottle if the pills are loose.

If they are on blister packs I put them all together in a small ziplock bag along with my bandaides and precut moleskin. They take up very little space.

I asked my pharmacist for a few small size pill bottles. I labelled each one so everyone knows which med is in each bottle. A couple of meds come in blister packs, so I just take one sleeve of each of those. They take very !little room.

good idea.
i don't think i'm gonna use separate bottles and label them for just myself as i know for sure what is what and they do all look very different but perhaps i'll do it for the next time i go with multiple people.

I use one of those small Altoid tins and pack a mini medicine/first aid kit: blister block bandaids, regular bandaids, medicines (buy the kind in the foil sleeve and cut 2-3 off to carry in park), and a tiny travel size spray of neosporin - meant for a keychain/lanyard (will disinfect a cut and will also stop bug bites from itching). Packs neatly in the tin and can be carried in a pocket - bonus is that the tin makes it pretty much waterproof!

I put advil and such in a few itty bitty ziploc bags that I found in one of the craft sections of Michaels.They came 50 to a pack. I use my label maker to ID each one with the drug name and dosage. Works perfect, is lightweight, and takes up almost no room

if I had any of those issues and felt the need to medicate, I would just go to First Aid in any park and get help from the Registered Nurses there. I've gotten ibuprofen from them a few times, along with the Best Ice Packs Ever. Ice packs are great for headaches, feeling a bit too hot, and the one time I stepped wrong and twisted my ankle.

As for immodium, if I've eaten something wrong and my body wants to get rid of it, I let it. I don't stop it. Seems crazy to stop it!

I see there to be no reason to take things into the park like that. Not with RNs right there in every park...

I either use small ziploc bags or a pill container that I got at The Container Store. It is like the days of the week ones, but it has only 3 sections and is in the shape of a square rather than a long rectangle, so it fits better in my bag than the days of the week kind. I prefer not to put various types of meds together in a pill bottle because I am very careful about medications being labeled correctly. One time on vacation, my dad had various meds in a bottle labeled with the name of another medication, and my mom took one of the pills, thinking it was the med that the container was labeled with. Ever since then, I've been very careful not to do this.

if I had any of those issues and felt the need to medicate, I would just go to First Aid in any park and get help from the Registered Nurses there. I've gotten ibuprofen from them a few times, along with the Best Ice Packs Ever. Ice packs are great for headaches, feeling a bit too hot, and the one time I stepped wrong and twisted my ankle.

As for immodium, if I've eaten something wrong and my body wants to get rid of it, I let it. I don't stop it. Seems crazy to stop it!

I see there to be no reason to take things into the park like that. Not with RNs right there in every park...

i have a private RN with 40yrs of experience. its my mom. :love:

and once you have an "accident" you never want a repeat lol :rotfl:

a couple years ago i had diarrhea every hour for 4 weeks even with immodium.
they never did find out the problem even after numerous tests.

Target always sells those travel packs with a shampoo/conditioner holder, toothbrush holder, hair spray spritz bottle and 2 small round contact lens holders all in one bag. I use the contacts holders for my ibuprofen and any other meds I want to to take and just put them in my park bag. They are small so they don't take up any room.

We use an Altoids tin filled with Tylenol, gas-x, immodium, tums, moleskin, a couple of bandaids and single use antibiotic cream packets. It's large enough to hold what we need for 4 people but small enough to fit in a pocket.

I don't mind taking room in my park bag. I bring a small first aid kit with bandaids, several kinds of pills, nail clippers. I use a small clear plastic make-up like bag.

I use a small make up bag that I throw in my backpack with a few fist aid items like a bandaid. For meds, I have a few pepto bismal chewable that come in plastic bubble and imodium.
I keep a small bottle of ibuprophen and a few Excedrin migraine in a small ziplock that is labeled. For an important prescription med I use an original prescription bottle (small one) and carry it.

for my few otc i take to the park, i reuse an empty 10 count tylenol cylinder shape containor.
it holds all that i would possibly need.

for bandaids, i go to the first aid stations in the parks.

I have an old fashioned pill box (the kind your grandmother used to carry). I actually have two, one round which holds my prescription meds, and one square which holds advil/aleve/aspirin.
il_340x270.669746145_8o34.jpg

I would very much love a beautiful, tiny pillbox like poster above. But, I settle for a small plastic screw top container from the travel section of Walmart.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter