• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

how do YOU bring medications into the parks?

I wouldn't put pills in those itty, bitty zip lock baggies from the craft store (the ones that drug dealers tend to use). I also think empty prescription vials are a bad idea. Just my 2 cents, but I wouldn't ever want to be in the position to explain that situation to an authority figure of any kind.

if I had any of those issues and felt the need to medicate, I would just go to First Aid in any park and get help from the Registered Nurses there. I've gotten ibuprofen from them a few times, along with the Best Ice Packs Ever. Ice packs are great for headaches, feeling a bit too hot, and the one time I stepped wrong and twisted my ankle.

As for immodium, if I've eaten something wrong and my body wants to get rid of it, I let it. I don't stop it. Seems crazy to stop it!

I see there to be no reason to take things into the park like that. Not with RNs right there in every park...
I agree with this. I'm not going to carry all of that medication with me "just in case". If I get a headache, I'll go to first aid and get some tylenol. Same for a stomachache or if I need a bandaid. First Aid is there for just such a situation.

Walgreens had a pill container that fits into the earphone jack on a phone! It looks like the square credit card reader thing! Not very big but if you need space or dont carry a bag but carry a phone.

I'm looking for something as well. I had a heart attack several years ago, so my meds are something I don't skip. In the past I have used plastic ziplock bags, but I have had them fall out with other items and they could get lost. My thought is I may use a small prescription bottle with the label removed. But I also need Tylenol-the heat sometimes gives me headaches-so I hate having to take two separate bottles. The problem with the pill containers, is they tend to pop open if they push against anything in the bag.
I've had this happen multiple times and it can be a mess. I'm interested if anyone here has other methods :)

I'm looking for something as well. I had a heart attack several years ago, so my meds are something I don't skip. In the past I have used plastic ziplock bags, but I have had them fall out with other items and they could get lost. My thought is I may use a small prescription bottle with the label removed. But I also need Tylenol-the heat sometimes gives me headaches-so I hate having to take two separate bottles. The problem with the pill containers, is they tend to pop open if they push against anything in the bag.
I've had this happen multiple times and it can be a mess. I'm interested if anyone here has other methods :)

Check out your local grocery store pharmacy section or a walgreen's, they have pill containers with childproof locks on them. The one I have is a 7 day week pill container and you push a button on the side to open any of the compartments. I bought it because I have small children and didn't want them getting into it but it works very well for keeping it closed in a bag as well, I've carried it in our diaper bag for 3 years now and never once had it pop open. I use it to carry Tylenol, tums, children's Tylenol, etc. I used a label maker that I already have and printed out labels for each slot so I know what is what.

I wouldn't put pills in those itty, bitty zip lock baggies from the craft store (the ones that drug dealers tend to use). I also think empty prescription vials are a bad idea. Just my 2 cents, but I wouldn't ever want to be in the position to explain that situation to an authority figure of any kind.
I agree that zip locks aren't the best idea. It has nothing to do with drug dealers, and everything to do with there being no protection from the pills being crushed by other objects in your bag.

I have absolutely no idea why the use of prescription bottles would require an explanation to any "authority figure" at WDW. Is a random CM going to cross examine me if I happen to pull one out of my bag? Is Disney security going to swarm out of the woodwork? Uh, no. No one at Disney cares unless you're standing on a corner on Main Street and dealing. I've been bringing my meds with me for decades. They are in full view and completely accessible at bag check. I have NEVER been questioned about them - even the time I had to bring Oxy with me.

I just bring any needed medicine in the foil strip it came in. Doesn't take up much room and nor does a few plasters really.

Despite the small ziplock bag, the advil still says "Advil" on the tablet and the bright pink pepto chewable still says "Pepto". Being "mistaken" as a Disney drug dealer isn't something I'm to worried about :goodvibes

I guess I should have said that in general carrying medications around in the manner is not a good idea. I get a lot of police officers bringing in unidentified pills they found during their interactions with people and asking me to identify them.

I have a little makeup case, maybe 3x6 that I keep a tiny pill bottle in from a prescription. In it is Advil, allergy meds, and 2 xanax cut in half and wrapped in a bit of foil (and the prescription is on the actual bottle in case anyone is interested in my controlled substance). Also in my makeup case is a roll or three of Tums, a tube of sunscreen, and all my first aid stuff. It's my standard "out for a whole day" kit I take anywhere.

Target always sells those travel packs with a shampoo/conditioner holder, toothbrush holder, hair spray spritz bottle and 2 small round contact lens holders all in one bag. I use the contacts holders for my ibuprofen and any other meds I want to to take and just put them in my park bag. They are small so they don't take up any room.
Ok, this is a seriously genius idea! Both DS and I wear contacts, so we have cases coming out of our ears. Thanks!

I have a rectangular six-compartment pill box. I can put my morning meds in one compartment and my evening meds in another, with pain and other as-needed-type meds in the other compartments. I always carry a set of meds in case I rush out and forget to take them. For extra security in my fanny pack/shoulder bag when touring I put the box in a snack-size Ziploc bag.

I have a rectangular six-compartment pill box. I can put my morning meds in one compartment and my evening meds in another, with pain and other as-needed-type meds in the other compartments. I always carry a set of meds in case I rush out and forget to take them. For extra security in my fanny pack/shoulder bag when touring I put the box in a snack-size Ziploc bag.

This is what we used for our June trip. All 3 of us (DD, DH and me) take medications of some sort so we had a little meeting prior to leaving on the trip to make sure it was perfectly clear whose meds were whose. (None of the meds were the same color, thank goodness.) We didn't have any trouble during the trip.

I just bring any needed medicine in the foil strip it came in.

none of the medications i take into the parks come in a foil strip so that won't work.
my medications come in bottles.
i generally take all the bottles in which does in fact take up quite a bit of room so condensing it into one small container would take up much less space.

i have these tiny jars that i bought from the travel section at walmart to take creams in so i decided to see if i could use that.
it works nicely so i think thats what i'll use.

and since each pill says exactly what it is and is very identifiable even when just looking at shape and color i don't see how there would be a prooblem.
besides i've never had security at bag check actually look at any of the big bottles of medications that i carry so i doubt they'll bat an eye at this little container.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter