Hotel Royal Plaza

We are staying here in Nov.1-4. have a conference at the Hilton (no rooms available at a discounted rate) Got a great deal from mousesavers about $100 per night. Chose the polside delUxe rather than the tower deluxe. any word on the poolside rooms? I am curious as well

We are staying here in Nov.1-4. have a conference at the Hilton (no rooms available at a discounted rate) Got a great deal from mousesavers about $100 per night. Chose the polside delUxe rather than the tower deluxe. any word on the poolside rooms? I am curious as well

Great rate! Still no answer regarding the poolside rooms?

Love to hear the reviews of those who went this past year. This is at the top of my short list. Normally I stay in WDW hotels (I've stayed at all types but typically stick to deluxe and DVC) but we are going for a last-minute weekend and can't find a good rate for anything (I refuse to pay $180 for moderate or $110 for Value).

A couple other questions as I haven't stayed at a DTD resort in years:

What are the Disney perks they offer now? I know you get shuttle and no EHM, but besides that, what else?

Is there a safe walkway from the hotel to DTD? We'll have a car, but it might be easier to walk with the stroller than load and unload it.

I am thinking of getting an executuve king suite since DD goes to bed early and we could hang out in the living area. Are the king suites nice and can you go out on the balcony (I read reviews where some doors just don't open all the way)?

Lastly, I'd consider a groud floor room with a patio, but I'm worried about the pool noise (going in May). Was that a concern for those of you who've stayed there?

Thanks all!

Unfortunately, mine is not a great review.
We had two rooms-the cheaper and better room was the poolside patio room. Not large or noisy and the patio and pool were great.
The other was an Exec suite. Lovely view of the roof and a/c equipment.
Right beside the glass elevator shaft. Noisy all day until 10pm when they shut the elevator off. Complained several times and front desk did nothing. Hotel was empty so they could have moved us. We were there for 1 week. If you end up with this room don't even think about having an afternoon nap!
They had a concierge desk for tickets and a bus that took you to the parks. The walk to downtown Disney was along a busy street, quite wide to cross to the other side. Took about 15 minutes. We did that once and then just took our car over after that. Safer and easier.
Sorry my review wasn't better. Just be careful where they put you.

Unfortunately, mine is not a great review.
We had two rooms-the cheaper and better room was the poolside patio room. Not large or noisy and the patio and pool were great.
The other was an Exec suite. Lovely view of the roof and a/c equipment.
Right beside the glass elevator shaft. Noisy all day until 10pm when they shut the elevator off. Complained several times and front desk did nothing. Hotel was empty so they could have moved us. We were there for 1 week. If you end up with this room don't even think about having an afternoon nap!
They had a concierge desk for tickets and a bus that took you to the parks. The walk to downtown Disney was along a busy street, quite wide to cross to the other side. Took about 15 minutes. We did that once and then just took our car over after that. Safer and easier.
Sorry my review wasn't better. Just be careful where they put you.

Sorry about that elevator - not good at all!

So the patio room - is there enough room for a pack 'n play in there and for us to move around and such? Hate to take it apart everday. How was neighbor noise? And lastly, how was the bathroom? Decent sized? TIA!

Great review!

I agree with the above poster-I'd definitely stay on WDW property with children.

Although the pool/patio room was nice it was already pretty crowded (2 beds, cabinet with TV, chair and a couple of night stands). The bathroom was fairly decent. The sink was outside the room with toilet and bathtub.

I have been to this resort many times with my family and I love it. My favorite thing at this hotle was the pools

Glad to hear the reviews are good, I just booked thru Mousesavers and got the room for 89.00 a nite and I am very excited.....We are going to Orlando for a weekend in a week and a half for a family party and wanted to be close to DTD so we can experience a little Disney magic without going into the theme parks.....

Glad to hear the reviews are good, I just booked thru Mousesavers and got the room for 89.00 a nite and I am very excited.....We are going to Orlando for a weekend in a week and a half for a family party and wanted to be close to DTD so we can experience a little Disney magic without going into the theme parks.....

That's a great price for this resort. Being close to DTD is a real bonus.

Hope everyone enjoys their upcoming stays!

I have been to this resort many times with my family and I love it. My favorite thing at this hotle was the pools

I just wanted to comment on this post... maybe the poster meant a different hotel. There is only one pool at the HRP... not "pools". It's also just basically a rectangle. No slide or anything. It wasn't too heated, but it wasn't freezing either. Still, it could be one's favorite thing anyway.

Our stay was nice... my dd's favorite thing was the jacuzzi! We paid $79 per night via Bookitl.com last year. It was for a tower room, but we were upgraded to a deluxe tower room. Nice room, roomy with a huge bathroom. Other than that it wasn't really impressive. For the price we were very happy, but glad it was only for 4 nights, and I would never pay full price.

Having just returned, I thought it was adequate. Not great, with regard to transportation, the pool was good, some noodle toys for the kids and a nice deep section, something you don't find on property, hot tub was too hot for the weather *(not the hotel's fault). The bar had great happy hour values. The tub was impressive, but ours leaked. The sliding doors don't open very far, but they do open far enough to dry a bathing suit. Did not eat there, did walk often to DTD, hot but not a bad walk. No express check out was a bummer too. I don't think I would do the off property thing again personally, but transportation hassles aside I think the hotel is overall good. Let me know if you need any elaboration.

We stayed here for the first five nights of our vacation in order to save some money so we could stay at a deluxe resort for the last few days. The hotel was very nice, we were pleased with our room and the pool for the price that we payed ($99 per night). Being off site, we didn't expect the prompt transportation, however we seemed to always hit the bus stop at the wrong time and had to wait forever for a bus. It also wasn't very clear where to go to get picked up and brought back to our hotel after the theme parks...one night we were so tired of walking around looking for our stop we just got a taxi. My only other complaint was housekeeping didn't leave us any washcloths one day which was irritating when I wanted to wash my face at the end of the night, and the phone in the room didn't work to call the front desk or housekeeping or room service or anything-that, too was a little frustrating. (Maybe I was just being dense....but my husband couldn't figure it out either...?) The walk to DD was easy, like previous poster said, nice walk but hot. Overall, I am glad we stayed there, it was fine for the price we payed, clean, the renovation is very nice, and the pool was very refreshing. We were thankful for the good deal. We decided it was nicer than a value resort on property, but the less frequent bussing to the parks is the trade-off.

We just got back from a 7 day trip to Disney World. We stayed at the Hotel Royal Plaza and loved it! We checked right in with no problems and when we got to our room we were very happy. There are five of us, two teens and a seven year old and we had plenty of room. The bathrooms are great in the tower rooms. Huge tub that we all loved. The beds were very comfortable. We ate at the restaurant every day for breakfast and most nights for a snack. There buffet is ok... I prefered grabbing a donut and orange juice, but their sandwiches and pizza were very good. I loved the stores. My daughter and I went shopping a couple times in the Disney store and got a few treasures for her. The shuttle was what I expected, not perfect but it worked well for us. We don't mind waiting for a few minutes. The hotel was pretty quiet, we had a family with little kids staying right next to us and the only time we heard them was when they were coming back running down the halls. The road noise wasn't bad. We live in the country with complete quiet and I am very sensitive to noise and I slept just fine.
Great review for a person who is looking for an accommodation that will be cheap and best.. Thanks for the review.

We will be visiting this hotel next week. I would like to be able to watch the fireworks from our room and wonder if there was a specific side/part of the hotel we should request.

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter