Hotel Royal Plaza

halliec

Earning My Ears
We just got back from a 7 day trip to Disney World. We stayed at the Hotel Royal Plaza and loved it! We checked right in with no problems and when we got to our room we were very happy. There are five of us, two teens and a seven year old and we had plenty of room. The bathrooms are great in the tower rooms. Huge tub that we all loved. The beds were very comfortable. We ate at the restaurant every day for breakfast and most nights for a snack. There buffet is ok... I prefered grabbing a donut and orange juice, but their sandwiches and pizza were very good. I loved the stores. My daughter and I went shopping a couple times in the Disney store and got a few treasures for her. The shuttle was what I expected, not perfect but it worked well for us. We don't mind waiting for a few minutes. The hotel was pretty quiet, we had a family with little kids staying right next to us and the only time we heard them was when they were coming back running down the halls. The road noise wasn't bad. We live in the country with complete quiet and I am very sensitive to noise and I slept just fine.

I agree with the OP's review. We just stayed at the Royal Plaza in December. The hotel was clean, the bathrooms were huge and the resort view was awesome. The staff was helpful and responsive to our every request, which is why we are staying there again in March (Deluxe Tower Room this time). :banana:

Hmm....I was just there for a night in Jan. I found it to be a nice enough hotel...but for $159 a night I thought it was overpriced. We checked in for a night with 4 adult guys...and found that 1 room was way too small (we had a tower room too) for 4 adults, even for a night..and we had to get a 2nd room. (I don't want to snuggle up with my guy buddies at our age). I can't imagine a family being packed into a place like this for a week..just my 2 cents...nice enough hotel though, it was pretty and the service was good and all...I just question the value for the $$, and how much space you get in return, but I guess this is the "norm" if you're staying in a hotel room.

I sure am glad to read good reviews of Hotel Royal Plaza. I just got a reservation there from Hotwire and was a little taken aback when I found out the name of the hotel as I had never heard of it.

I am sure we will get just the standard room, but we are only staying for the first night, then moving to BWV. So as long as it is clean, I guess I am not going to be too picky. Is it close to DTD? We'd like to walk over to Adventurer's Club after we check in.

I would say it's probably too far to walk to DTD...it's within sight...but it's a pretty far walk...I'd probably grab a cab it'd be like a $5 cab ride, but if it's a nice night you might enjoy the walk, maybe a mile though.

Thanks for the info about the walk to DTD. I thought I'd read it was like a block away, but if it's longer than that, we'll have to cab it...DH will have had ankle surgery two months prior to our trip, and may not be fully recovered.

Thanks for the good reviews. We booked 5 nights the end of september. Got a premier tower room for $128 a night through the downtown disney resort site.

Thanks so much for the great review! I got an exec. suite there for August through the mousesavers link - $950 total for 8 nights inc. tax. I am looking forward to the trip - the rooms sound nice and clean, and in included breakfast buffet every day. So about $100/night is nice! Just me and kids, so suite is good space - DD and me in bed, DS (stays up later) on pull out sofa and he gets his own tv!
Good to hear good review!

Thanks so much for the great review! I got an exec. suite there for August through the mousesavers link - $950 total for 8 nights inc. tax. I am looking forward to the trip - the rooms sound nice and clean, and in included breakfast buffet every day. So about $100/night is nice! Just me and kids, so suite is good space - DD and me in bed, DS (stays up later) on pull out sofa and he gets his own tv!
Good to hear good review!

I'll be there in October, also got a great deal through mousesavers. Have a great time and please write a review when you return!!!

I will post a review when I get back in August - I can't wait. It is so nice to hear such good things about a Downtown Disney hotel! The location is great - I've stayed at the Doubletree Guest Suites twice (once just barely for a night).

I got a sweet deal also using the mousesavers website!!!
a traditional room the deal was awsome paid 285+tax for 4 nights!
she has a link that u get the forth night free so I paid for 3 nights and the last night was free!!
I will be checking in on June 7 till June 11
I will let u Guys know how it went

We stayed at HRP in August 2004 (between Charley & Frances :scared1: ) as we had taken advantage of a mousesavers special (buy 4 get 1 free). When we arrived we were assigned to a Tower Room? (Roman tub, but not whirlpool) which was an upgrade to our reservation. Come to find out, we might have gotten one of the last rooms they were able to rent that day. As the week went on we saw little post it notes in the upper corners of the rooms with fractions? showing the damage to the rooms from the storms. From what I remember, I think they ended up closing shortly after we left. Anyways what I am trying to get to is that I was very impressed with the hotel and their staff and could probably stay there every trip if only they had a wading pool.

We stayed at HRP in August 2004 (between Charley & Frances :scared1: ) as we had taken advantage of a mousesavers special (buy 4 get 1 free). When we arrived we were assigned to a Tower Room? (Roman tub, but not whirlpool) which was an upgrade to our reservation. Come to find out, we might have gotten one of the last rooms they were able to rent that day. As the week went on we saw little post it notes in the upper corners of the rooms with fractions? showing the damage to the rooms from the storms. From what I remember, I think they ended up closing shortly after we left. Anyways what I am trying to get to is that I was very impressed with the hotel and their staff and could probably stay there every trip if only they had a wading pool.

Thank's for taking the time to review this hotel. I'm feeling very happy of our choice!!!! :cheer2:

I'm staying here from 6/19 to 6/23 (then onto the Beach Club!!!)...
I got a great deal too from Bookit.com. $339 total including taxes for 4 nights in a deluxe tower room!

I'm happy to see good reviews! We needed to save some money (so I could book the CB), and I got a great deal on Hotwire for the Peabody for 6 nights, and the Royal Plaza for 4... between the 2 of these hotels for the 10 nights total, it's 1/3 the price of the Beach Club for the next 10 nights..lol. But, it's Dsiney so it's worth it!

I have given this hotel good reviews in the past but tonight I changed my mind.

DD and I are here right now. One of the reasons we stay at HRP when we do not stay on-property is the valet parking. We travel without DH frequently and one of the safety measures we try to use is valet parking. I don't worry quite as much at Disney hotels as I do off-site.

The first few nights here the valet took our car as always. Then yesterday morning the man at the valet stand told me valet parking is being discontinued here. Last night when we got in the valet who had been parking us at night was there and parked our car as usual. I asked about what I had been told and he shrugged and said not to worry about that. Tonight the other man there told me as of now, no valet. I asked at the front desk why and was told it is a corporate decision. After I left the desk, I went back to get something and surprised the two desk clerks laughing about my question.
One of them was the manager.

I don't mind parking myself in a safe area but the parking lot here is all around the hotel and not patrolled well. I have a teenage DD to consider and after this past weeks news about Kelsey Smith I will be looking for a new hotel next time we stay off-site.

Just something I thought you might want to consider. The lack of valet parking and the attitude of the staff.

Penny

Why would anyone pay for valet parking in such a small car park:confused:

It sounds like the OP just feels safer doing things this way. Have you stayed at the Royal Plaza? What's your opinion of the place? I'll be there in October and I'm hoping it's nice.

PS..I'm bussing it so the car park is not an issue;)

I personally like valet parking. I don't use it all the time, but it's sure nice after a long day at the parks.
I always use it the first day.. with luggage and checking in, I just find it easier. I did use it the first day at the Peabody.. but at $17 a night, I sure didn't use it again for the next week. Though the Peabody is just AWESOME!. Loved it there and the staff is great! Thank you hotwire! Only $87 a night!

Just checked into the RPH today. After almost being moved to the Sheraton Safari because of over-booking (I protested, with help from the Peabody and Bookit.com), I was upgraded instead. Still a tower room, but instead of just a garden tub, it's a jacuzzi too. Great view of DTD on the 15th floor. Very nice, very clean. Check in staff was great too. There's a pull out sofa bed, but we don't need it.
I did miss valet :( , but you are allowed to park in the valet section, directly across from the entrance. So, it's more convenient, and free!

4 nights here and on to the Beach Club for 10 nights. We ate at Beaches and Cream 2 days ago, and my daughter loved the resort and envied the blue wrist-banded children playing in Storm a long Bay. She doesn't know we're staying there... it's a surprise!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter