• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Honeymoon Lovers and Seafood Lovers take on Disney Dining! - dining plan analysis

Thanks for your reviews. I really wanted to love Chiefs de France also. I found the food to be just average. I had escargo and a salad and was underwhelmed. Perhaps I should have tried dinner.

Aah, I'm sorry somehow I missed subscribing! I just got caught up and really enjoyed your reviews! Loved the pictures of T-Rex, I really wanted to go there but it didn't seem worth it since we have the Deluxe plan. Maybe next time! Your drink sounds fab, though.

I wanted to try Chefs de France as well, but I had the same problem with the menu. There was stuff I would eat, but nothing I would really enjoy. Remy sure is super cute!

Yay on getting a great seat at Chefs and being one of the first to be seated.

I was eyeing up your vegetable lasagne thinking it looked yummy but then read your review of it :confused3

I'm glad you enjoyed the creme brulee...if I ever return to Chefs I will have to remember to order this over the profiteroles.

The vegetable lasagna might be good for someone else, it just wasn't really for me! I do recommend the creme brulee, but the profiteroles sound delicious too! I would love to try them as well :thumbsup2

Ha looks like I will stay with dinner at Les Chefs, that crepe looks like a hot pocket :lmao:

It actually tasted much better than it looked! But I would be interested to try dinner there, I'm sure it's quite good.

Thanks for your reviews. I really wanted to love Chiefs de France also. I found the food to be just average. I had escargo and a salad and was underwhelmed. Perhaps I should have tried dinner.

I'm also wondering if dinner might be better to try for the future. I'm sure we will be back again considering how much DH loved it!

Aah, I'm sorry somehow I missed subscribing! I just got caught up and really enjoyed your reviews! Loved the pictures of T-Rex, I really wanted to go there but it didn't seem worth it since we have the Deluxe plan. Maybe next time! Your drink sounds fab, though.

I wanted to try Chefs de France as well, but I had the same problem with the menu. There was stuff I would eat, but nothing I would really enjoy. Remy sure is super cute!

Yeah, T-REX is hard to fit in if you're on the dining plan. The drink was the best part :goodvibes

I guess I'm just not really a fan of french food!

I was told that there was a good dining review thread here and they weren't kidding! Thanks for the great photos and critiques.

Wine Walk & World Showcase snacks

So one of the reasons why we went with a light lunch was so we could sample a few snacks before dinner. We also decided to do the wine walk, which was really cool. If you're not familiar you pay $20 and get to sample six different wines at 3 of the countries. We are by no means wine experts but we enjoy it, so we thought it would be nice to be able to sample a few. Since we'd just eaten lunch in France we kicked things off with the wine there.

P1000629.jpg

The white one is a chardonnay, the red was listed on the wine passport as the Chateau Tour de Segur Bordeaux, Lussac St. Emilion. Anyhow, they were both pretty good but neither really stood out for us. I think I liked the white a bit better than the red.

Eventually we made our way to Italy to sample the next two wines:

P1000643.jpg

The sparkling red is the Rosa Regale and the white is a Pinot Grigio. The Rosa Regale, as so many others have said on these boards, is so good! It's definitely a sweet wine, but we love sweet. And I like having bubbles :goodvibes This was by far our favorite. I honestly don't really remember what the white tasted like because it was so overpowered by the Rosa Regale.

Our last stop on the wine walk was Germany:

P1000648.jpg

One was the Madonna Spatlese, the other was the Madonna Leibframilch. Both were sweet, so we enjoyed them both, but I think the Spatlese was a little sweeter. It was extremely nice and was my favorite of the whites that we tried.

While in Germany of course we had to stop and visit the caramel shop!

P1000651.jpg

For a snack credit we got two dark chocolate covered strawberries with caramel:

P1000649.jpg

These were amazing. I love dark chocolate covered strawberries but adding in the caramel just made them even more heavenly. :cloud9:

Finally, we made our way to the Norway bakery and had to try some Norwegian school bread!

P1000659.jpg

This was quite good too. The toasted coconut on top especially added some good flavor to it. And it's rather cheap too compared to some of the other items, so I would definitely recommend this as a good snack!

Sounds like you had a great afternoon with your drinks and snacks! :thumbsup2

We never tried the school bread but it looks yummy.

Loving your report !! Congrats to you and your husband !! I can't wait to see more !!

Wow, $20 for a tasting of six wines is a great deal! I've never even heard of the Wine Walk before. Definitely need to try Rosa Regale next trip-- only hear great things!

Those wines look very good (and a very nice size)! And only $20 for them! I love sweet wines as well, I can't quite appreciate a dry wine quiet yet.

The strawberries look delicious as well. A really nice sized snack. I'm not a fan of coconut so I can't really comment on the school bread. Is it very coconuty?

Sounds like you had a great afternoon with your drinks and snacks! :thumbsup2

We never tried the school bread but it looks yummy.

We did! I love snacking and wish we had done more of it but couldn't due to all of the big meals we enjoyed! :rotfl:

Loving your report !! Congrats to you and your husband !! I can't wait to see more !!

Thank you! :goodvibes

Wow, $20 for a tasting of six wines is a great deal! I've never even heard of the Wine Walk before. Definitely need to try Rosa Regale next trip-- only hear great things!

Yeah, apparently the Wine Walk is not very well advertised but it was a good deal! But next time I will skip the sampling for a full glass of Rosa Regale ;)

Those wines look very good (and a very nice size)! And only $20 for them! I love sweet wines as well, I can't quite appreciate a dry wine quiet yet.

The strawberries look delicious as well. A really nice sized snack. I'm not a fan of coconut so I can't really comment on the school bread. Is it very coconuty?

Yes, luckily at least half of the wines were sweet that we tried. Still acquiring a taste for the dry.

The strawberries were so amazing. The coconut on the school bread - I wouldn't say it was very coconuty in flavor, it was more of the texture that stood out.

Congratulations! Great reviews, can't wait to read more.

Thank you very much! :goodvibes

Count me among those who have never heard of the Wine Walk - definitely up my alley! Where did you sign up?

Ack! My pictures went away because photobucket says I exceeded bandwidth :( It will reset on the 24, so it looks like I won't be able to update this again until after Thanksgiving. :( Unless anyone knows a way around this?

Ack! My pictures went away because photobucket says I exceeded bandwidth :( It will reset on the 24, so it looks like I won't be able to update this again until after Thanksgiving. :( Unless anyone knows a way around this?

Nope sorry!! Unless you want to pay for a subscription! That happened to me twice but I didn't want to pay.

Hi! Im here! :woohoo: So what did you truly think about that Norwegian School Bread? I have heard it can be hit or miss!

Hi! Im here! :woohoo: So what did you truly think about that Norwegian School Bread? I have heard it can be hit or miss!

When we had it I thought it was quite good! I'm actually not a huge fan of pastries but I enjoyed this one so that's saying something. It wasn't overly sweet which I liked, and the coconut was yummy. I would definitely get it again for a snack!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter