Holiday Inn Orange Lake Thread

ajenks22

Mouseketeer
I'm excited for our upcoming trip staying at Holiday Inn Orange Lake (West). I'm starting this thread to gain info about staying at OL. Please pass along room tips, amenities, off-site dining recs, park travel info, etc.

One thing I would love to know is about the layout of studios in OL West. I'd also love to hear about travel time to the different parks.

TIA!

there is a MacDonald (I like cheap) close - how close to you need to be -

the park stuff - depends upon how much you want to pay - 429 is right there (you will pay to get on - WDW does not charge you leave) - and WDW is the next exit down - of course Black Lake which goes to Sherberth Rd which is a back road to WDW is just a few streets down.

restuarants Bahama Breeze, Olive Garden, Miller's, Sweet Tomatoes, several Italy and Pizza places

I don't know much about the layout of rooms because my Mom owns a specific unit but I love the fish burgers at the restaurant next to check in. I am not a fan of their lazy river because I don't like that you have to pay for it and I think it is too overrun with tubes but that area is fun because it has a lot of restaurants and shops, we only went to it once on our last trip and never before that but it is way more active there if that is what you are looking for and it does have a non-pay pool also. It is a great timeshare, you will be happy.

I am so glad you started this! I'm staying there very soon, and have been looking for information but have not found a whole lot.

I too am curious about the route to the parks. What route will get us to MK the fastest? Its fine if it is a toll road. Also, if I want to be at MK for 7:40 (parked, monorail ridden and at gate for 7:40) what time should I leave OL?

Happy to see this this thread!!!! We will be staying at OL the last week of June. Worried about the negative reviews that I've read on TA. We are trading our week from RCI - any recommendations on how to get a renovated unit?

I am so glad someone started this thread. I have always wanted to stay at Orange Lake. We are considering it this year if we find an owner to rent from at a good rate. I toured the resort years ago but never had an opportunity to stay. It was just after River Island was finished. So now I am considering staying there for the week of Aug 13-20. I would like more info on River Island. How much does it cost to rent the tubes and what other things to expect. So looking forward to staying there. I am not a fan of West Village 1 story units. I like balconies above ground level. But I am willing to stay in any of the villages if the price is right. I can't wait to read all of the comments, advice and suggestions.:thumbsup2

Last edited:
I don't know much about the layout of rooms because my Mom owns a specific unit but I love the fish burgers at the restaurant next to check in. I am not a fan of their lazy river because I don't like that you have to pay for it and I think it is too overrun with tubes but that area is fun because it has a lot of restaurants and shops, we only went to it once on our last trip and never before that but it is way more active there if that is what you are looking for and it does have a non-pay pool also. It is a great timeshare, you will be happy.
You can use the lazy river without tubes. We prefer it and do it all the time.

We love Orange Lake. It's our go too resort. We just spent 2 weeks there got home march 26th. There is a great website that has tons of information. All one word experienceorangelake.com
We always like West Village for the drive up units. And we like the west village pool area. On our last 14 day visit we left property 3 times. Otherwise we stayed right there.
If u have specific questions please PM me.

We love Orange Lake. Stayed there the week before Easter - and, over the last 20 years, we have stayed there 4 or 5 times. I think the restaurant next to the pool by registration is my favorite. The fish tacos are amazing and the waitress said that they are the most complemented meal.

Happy to see this this thread!!!! We will be staying at OL the last week of June. Worried about the negative reviews that I've read on TA. We are trading our week from RCI - any recommendations on how to get a renovated unit?

We are trading with RCI as well. I, too, would tips for getting the best room.

We are booked for a two bedroom, one bedroom, and studio. It sounds like our Units will be split apart. I did not realize that OL West had a main clubhouse building.

We are booked for a two bedroom, one bedroom, and studio. It sounds like our Units will be split apart. I did not realize that OL West had a main clubhouse building.
Typically RCI rooms are certain rooms. I would ask if your 2 bdrm could bevaround springer circle area or the tennis villas. Tennis villas are not single dwellings but a smaller high rise. Unless your 1 bdrm says 1 bdrm villa then it will be in the main building. Along with the studio. So if u go in the tennis villas building 4 u will be as close as u can be too the main clubhouse. Hope that helps. If u go to the website i provided above you can download the map from there and see where i am suggesting.

Typically RCI rooms are certain rooms. I would ask if your 2 bdrm could bevaround springer circle area or the tennis villas. Tennis villas are not single dwellings but a smaller high rise. Unless your 1 bdrm says 1 bdrm villa then it will be in the main building. Along with the studio. So if u go in the tennis villas building 4 u will be as close as u can be too the main clubhouse. Hope that helps. If u go to the website i provided above you can download the map from there and see where i am suggesting.

Thanks! This is very helpful.

We stayed there a couple of years ago. I got a great rate of $89 for a 2 bedroom villa. It was one of the farthest buildings away from the main area but for the price and size of the villa it was great! I loved the screen porch overlooking the golf course. We didn't use the pool or eat there but my son played all of the golf courses there and had a great time.

Does anyone know what the largest room is at OL? I am an RCI Platinum member and put in a request for a free upgrade if one becomes available before checkin. What would be considered a premium or upgraded room to you?

Does anyone know what the largest room is at OL? I am an RCI Platinum member and put in a request for a free upgrade if one becomes available before checkin. What would be considered a premium or upgraded room to you?
Probably a 3 bdrm. But there isnt many of them. My cousin is platinum rci and didnt get the upgrade when he checked in. I wouldnt bet on it.

We are going to be using an RCI exchange for part of our group and the booking directly for the others in our group. Is there any way to try to get everyone somewhat close to each other. I notice when you book directly it doesn't say east, west, north.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter