Holiday Inn Orange Lake Thread

We are going to be using an RCI exchange for part of our group and the booking directly for the others in our group. Is there any way to try to get everyone somewhat close to each other. I notice when you book directly it doesn't say east, west, north.

Your best bet is too book through a private owner. If you would like more info pm me.

I am so glad you started this! I'm staying there very soon, and have been looking for information but have not found a whole lot.

I too am curious about the route to the parks. What route will get us to MK the fastest? Its fine if it is a toll road. Also, if I want to be at MK for 7:40 (parked, monorail ridden and at gate for 7:40) what time should I leave OL?

The toll road is the easiest way into the park. Simply leave orange lake jump on the turnpike and take the first exit. You will be on Disney property that will take you right by the cornado resort and to world drive. This way you don't have to fight 192 traffic

Thanks for all the helpful info. Does anyone know if OL will be decorated for Christmas and if they provide Christmassy things to do in December?

We stayed at Orange Lake last Summer (FIL has timeshare there) and we got lucky and stayed at River Island, beautiful - gorgeous rooms! I was really amazed how nice it was! We didn't pay for tubes for the lazy river, but the kids still had fun. We are going back in a few weeks but staying in East Village, since it seems you can only get RI so many weeks out. Either way we're ready to return!

Thanks for all the helpful info. Does anyone know if OL will be decorated for Christmas and if they provide Christmassy things to do in December?
They are sort of Christmassy, but not anything like Disney. Also, they have some Christmas things (movies, activities), but again, nothing too crazy :)

Hi there. How much time does it take to get from OL to each of the parks? We want to make RD and need to plan.

Has anyone rented a car near OL? Is there an Alamo close to the resort? I think there's a Hertz onsite, but they are pricey. And I want to avoid airport taxes and surcharges.

Ok, getting this thread going again.

I called today and found out a few things.

There are two charcoal grills on site, in West Village.
Shuttle to the WDW parks costs $18 pp round trip.
Uber/Lyft pickups happen at the main clubhouse.
They could not tell me if any grocery company delivers to the resort. Apparently Garden Grocer only delivers to WDW resorts.

Ok, getting this thread going again.

I called today and found out a few things.

There are two charcoal grills on site, in West Village.
Shuttle to the WDW parks costs $18 pp round trip.
Uber/Lyft pickups happen at the main clubhouse.
They could not tell me if any grocery company delivers to the resort. Apparently Garden Grocer only delivers to WDW resorts.
Yes they are on magnolia drive ( grills) first street after main entrance.
There is a publix at the end of the road ( tecnically on property) it would literally be a 5 min cab ride. But right across the street is a super target as well.
There is a walgreens right across the street from west village entrance as well. It would have basics. You could take rsort shuttle to last stop in west village walk across to walgreens walk back jump back on shuttle.

Thanks greenclan67! I arrive before the rest of my party and I will not have a car until they arrive. To make use of the time, I was going to get our grocery shopping done, but couldn't figure out how to make that work without a car. We will need meat and such, so I think I will need more than Walgreens, but it's good to know that Walgreens is so close (we are staying in West Village).

I'm thinking that I will check us in, request an Uber to go to the store, and then bring an Uber back. Does that sound doable and like the best plan?

Thanks greenclan67! I arrive before the rest of my party and I will not have a car until they arrive. To make use of the time, I was going to get our grocery shopping done, but couldn't figure out how to make that work without a car. We will need meat and such, so I think I will need more than Walgreens, but it's good to know that Walgreens is so close (we are staying in West Village).

I'm thinking that I will check us in, request an Uber to go to the store, and then bring an Uber back. Does that sound doable and like the best plan?
Yep that will work for sure. I would do either super target across the street from river island entrance. Or go right out of west village entrance. Go to Clermont Super Walmart. About a 7 min drive each way.

We actually arrive the day before we are due to check in at OL, and therefore have flexibility with our check in times. Is there a recommended time to check in and a recommended time to avoid long lines during the check in process?

We actually arrive the day before we are due to check in at OL, and therefore have flexibility with our check in times. Is there a recommended time to check in and a recommended time to avoid long lines during the check in process?
I would actually go before check in time of 4 pm. The lines get crazy. I would suggest noon. And get everything done. They will check u in and give you your room keys but not your room number unless its ready. They will call your cell when your room is ready and give you the room number.

We leave in a couple weeks for our trip and stay at Orange Lake! So excited! Anyone with any recent reviews or updates on the property? Hoping to have a smooth check-in process.

We are on a countdown, 19 more sleeps and we will be there. For 12 days!!! Say no to tour on check in, and take the phone off the hook. If you are doing the high rises in West Village, ask for building 5400, they just redid them all, and they are awesome. Enjoy, maybe we will see you at the pool?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter