Highway in the Sky Dine Around with Wishes viewing area

YES.

They served this course in the ONLY private setting with all the cheese board items being described and talked about. It was more like a cheese mini seminar like one would book at Epcot. Champagne (not restricted to one glass) in GLASS flutes served classy and proper. It was the one course that actually made it a food experience. If I just want to try some food and drinks, I can replicate that, even nicer, for less AND be INSIDE Trader Sams and get to pick my own entree.

AND regardless of how any of us feel the website says FIVE courses and it's not. That needs to be fixed.

Thank you HopperFan for keeping us all so well updated regarding this event and for your excellent explanation above regarding why this reduction is an issue for some. I wanted to do this in January, but by the time my husband agreed that he was in the event was already sold out. We have been stalking this thread and others to see if it will open up for April. With the reductions in offerings/setting I am no longer even the least bit interested in this. I do not want my cheese course with dessert, and for me that makes it a pretty large reduction in offerings, and champagne on the go while riding the monorail just sounds strange and not even remotely enjoyable to me.

Thank you HopperFan for keeping us all so well updated regarding this event and for your excellent explanation above regarding why this reduction is an issue for some. I wanted to do this in January, but by the time my husband agreed that he was in the event was already sold out. We have been stalking this thread and others to see if it will open up for April. With the reductions in offerings/setting I am no longer even the least bit interested in this. I do not want my cheese course with dessert, and for me that makes it a pretty large reduction in offerings, and champagne on the go while riding the monorail just sounds strange and not even remotely enjoyable to me.

Not the kind of updating I like though. I was so excited and now sad. I am sure many will love it. In a few months, other than those that search reviews, look for photos or count the actual courses if they don't fix the website - no one will realize how it was originally presented. It is currently pretty well sold out, my stockholder self hopes that continues because if they keep the price the same it's a nice money maker.

I booked immediately on announcement not knowing what to expect.
When I saw these pictures I was so excited. Now looking at these and removing all that was removed .... :sad2:
http://mealtrip.com/photos/highway-in-the-sky-dine-around.asp
Gonna create my own Highway Adventure.

Not the kind of updating I like though. I was so excited and now sad. I am sure many will love it. In a few months, other than those that search reviews, look for photos or count the actual courses if they don't fix the website - no one will realize how it was originally presented. It is currently pretty well sold out, my stockholder self hopes that continues because if they keep the price the same it's a nice money maker.

I booked immediately on announcement not knowing what to expect.
When I saw these pictures I was so excited. Now looking at these and removing all that was removed .... :sad2:
http://mealtrip.com/photos/highway-in-the-sky-dine-around.asp
Gonna create my own Highway Adventure.

I totally agree with you, I was really looking forward to being able to book this for April, after feeling really stupid for missing out on January. For me the value is just no longer there at this particular price point (yes this may change if they open later dates). My husband is actually planning on our own Highway Adventure as well. We are going to be starting at Trader Sam's, as we both prefer to drink inside, and find it easier to do that if we go when it first opens. I am sure we will thoroughly enjoy what we come up with!!!!!

And now I hope the people who cancelled can get back in if that's what they want.

UGH. So hard to keep up with this stuff.

I'm glad everyone is holding their feet to the fire!

Just got a call from George's office. They are reversing the changes!

Seriously after their people told folks on the phone that it will not be reversed back. That all their feedback was people like the new way.

SO ............. obviously the negative feedback way outnumbered the positive? Or was that just a story they made up to try to keep Highway in the Sky Lite.

And I am cancelled and my night is full. Congrats to whoever picked it up!

Oh well, I will still write my letter tomorrow to explain why I cancelled and maybe they need to have better discussions on potential ramifications before they try to pocket more money at every turn.

Just so you don't miss this @gillep, keep watching for April if this holds true.

We at

We are eating our cheese course and champagne in real flutes at the Grand Floridian as I type! So thrilled!

Wait, so they have already reversed it? Tonight? Or you are visualizing?

If so we want a full review after including how many desserts were available at finale.

Seriously after their people told folks on the phone that it will not be reversed back. That all their feedback was people like it new way.

SO ............. obviously the negative feedback way outnumbered the positive? Or was that just a story they made up to try to keep Highway in the Sky Lite.

And I am cancelled and my night is full. Congrats to whoever picked it up!

Oh well, I will still write my letter tomorrow to explain why I cancelled and maybe they need to have better discussions on potential ramifications before they try to pocket more money at every turn.

Wait, so they have already reversed it? Tonight? Or you are visualizing?

If so we want a full review after including how many desserts were available at finale.
Sorry you got burned on this one. They could have handled it better. I am also hoping for a full review. @UponAStar is at Disney nowfrom her sig and there is a party tonight, I am assuming they are there.

I had to laugh when I read that Disney was now serving champagne on the monorail and people were "loving it"! How is that possible? Most of the group had to stand on the monorail, so how were they able to hold on to their champagne without spilling especially when the monorail was in motion? This borders on non-sensical?

I actually attended this event December 20 and it was a wonderful evening. We had no issues with transportation or timing. The weather was a little on the cold side, but the conversation and comradery of the group made it a non-issue as we were on a shared adventure! Each stop of the way was looked forward to with anticipation! The cold food was served chilled, the hot food was served fresh and hot. All expectations were met or exceeded as far as the venues, food/drink, quality, service and entertainment.

As to the plastic flute "to go", for those who enjoy champagne it is understood that ice cold champagne in a tapered crystal flute is how it was meant to be served. I suppose we could all be given a plastic bottle and a straw but really, must we?? When you are designing an event there is a time and a place for elegance and a time for rustic. If we had been given the impression our event was akin to doing the drive-through at McDonald's then that is what we would expect. Not so here. This was billed as Unique. Special. Limited. Therein lies the value. Wouldn't you prefer to keep it that way?

We are eating our cheese course and champagne in real flutes at the Grand Floridian as I type! So thrilled!
Anxious to hear feedback from todays event. Was hoping this would be available in May and will definitely try to book, in its original form, if it is extended.

We attended tonight's event and had a wonderful time! After reading recent posts I was not expecting the champagne and cheese course at Citricos but was pleasantly surprised when they offered it. The only thing lacking from the original offering appears to be the cordials at night's end at the Contemporary. And I was only offered one glass of wine at Citricos. But we had plenty of other adult beverages so can't say that I missed it.

%5BURL=http://s27.photobucket.com/user/Cru...6-B0BE-4834-8481-B06A559E5048.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

%5BURL=http://s27.photobucket.com/user/Cru...A-74FE-4A28-999C-1D63445E23AA.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

I had gluten free restrictions and used a scooter and all went off without a hitch.

The funniest thing of the evening was when our smaller slow moving group (scooter and canes) was waiting at the monorail and someone snapped our photo thinking we must have been famous to be receiving such special treatment. A CM overheard them saying they were going to Google us!

We attended tonight's event and had a wonderful time! After reading recent posts I was not expecting the champagne and cheese course at Citricos but was pleasantly surprised when they offered it. The only thing lacking from the original offering appears to be the cordials at night's end at the Contemporary. And I was only offered one glass of wine at Citricos. But we had plenty of other adult beverages so can't say that I missed it.

%5BURL=http://s27.photobucket.com/user/Cruizin_Suzan/media/4F6DA746-B0BE-4834-8481-B06A559E5048.jpg.html][/URL]

%5BURL=http://s27.photobucket.com/user/Cruizin_Suzan/media/BCA044DA-74FE-4A28-999C-1D63445E23AA.jpg.html][/URL]

I had gluten free restrictions and used a scooter and all went off without a hitch.

The funniest thing of the evening was when our smaller slow moving group (scooter and canes) was waiting at the monorail and someone snapped our photo thinking we must have been famous to be receiving such special treatment. A CM overheard them saying they were going to Google us!

So the cheese and champagne were served IN Citricos? No cordials???? :(

%5BURL=http://s27.photobucket.com/user/Cruizin_Suzan/media/4F6DA746-B0BE-4834-8481-B06A559E5048.jpg.html][/URL]

%5BURL=http://s27.photobucket.com/user/Cruizin_Suzan/media/BCA044DA-74FE-4A28-999C-1D63445E23AA.jpg.html][/URL]

Were you offered any type of bread or crackers with your cheese?

HAHA, wonder what they will enter into google to find you?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter